Renewable Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again?

Christ was never formed in some of the Galatians to begin with Derrick:

“My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you” (Galatians 4:19)

“Again” is not in the text.
Again is Imla.

Paul is speaking to Christians at Galatia, that are removed to another gospel, that did run well.

I don't agree with the OSAS excuse, that every Christian returning to sinning, was never saved in the first place.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has never been a covenant made with the Gentiles!

What are you talking about?

You are bringing in arguments that are not pertinent to the text.

You are bringing in assumptions to invalidate scripture from its plain meaning.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A saved Hebrew, or Roman, or whatever race, who sins wilfully has trampled on the Son of God.

ANY SIN!

And you've done that numerous times, Michiah-Imla

Every time you confessed a sin, in the past, it was a willful sin., not an accident.
And if you come now and say you never confessed a sin, then you just willfully sinned again, on the Forum.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here’s the audience:

“…holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling…” (Hebrews 3:1)

Chapter 2, ... read it..

Paul is sharing a lot of History and the Gospel.

That is the "heavenly Calling".

In Chapter 3.....verse 8, he says this....

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

So, he was telling these unsaved Hebrews, not to harden their Hearts against Chapter 2, where He is preaching the Gospel.

This is Hebrews 6 and chapter 10, is where He shows you them rejecting Christ in verse 26, and others.

The "crucified Christ afresh".... = CHRIST Rejection.

You dont read a bible, Michiah-Imla., but you sure do like to hear yourself talk.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you've done that numerous times, Michiah-Imla

No, because since I was saved, I fear God.

“…by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” (Proverbs 16:6)

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do you think the author tells the Jews "there remains no more sacrifice?" That is, after trodding under foot the Son of God.

It's because they have abandoned Christ. If it refers to just any sin, then we have no more hope in the sacrifice of Christ.

It's so evident as to what is being said, but not to you, but that's ok.

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, because since I was saved, I fear God.

Michiah-Imla,

You've never confessed a sin to God, in your life?

Is that right?
You just said so.

And then, you would agree that 1 John 1:9, that tells you that if you say you have no sin you deceive yourself,.....is not talking to you.

Right?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

However, God does not know you as His SON, unless you are born again.
And you do not keep commandments or get water baptized or do good works, to become Born again., and.

Jesus said...

"You MUST be born again".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it refers to just any sin, then we have no more hope in the sacrifice of Christ.

You disqualified yourself from that hope by obeying that evil desire to sin despite the many warnings in scripture!

You've never confessed a sin to God, in your life?

Before my conversion, yes.

then, you would agree that 1 John 1:9, that tells you that if you say you have no sin you deceive yourself,.....is not talking to you.

The person who still hasn’t confessed their sins nor believed the gospel, if this person says they have no sin, they deceive themself.

The person who confesses and gets saved has no sin because Christ took them away.

And so:

“…whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” (1 John 2:5-6)

But those who ignore Christ’s commandments and sins:

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The person who confesses and gets saved has no sin because Christ took them away.

Thats it.

They are gone as Christ bore them all and died for them so that you can be FORGIVEN FOREVER.

And the Hebrews in 10:26, are not born again, and they are not going to listen to Paul.
Didnt.
And in Acts 28:28, He tells this group.....>"im done with you Christ Rejecting Jews (Hebrews)....>Im taking the Gospel of Jesus on the Cross to the GENTILES, and they will Hear it".

as these Hebrews would not have it, would not HEAR it.
They committed the unpardonable sin.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Hebrews in 10:26, are not born again

Yes they are!

They RECEIVED the knowledge of the truth!

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Just like these RECEIVED it:

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved…” (1 Corinthians 15:1-3)

Those who DO NOT RECEIVE the truth are described here:

“And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.” (2 Thessalonians 2:10)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes they are!

They RECEIVED the knowledge of the truth!

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrew

Paul explained that in Hebrews 2. and in Hebrews 3:8

That is preaching the Gospel, as that is the Knowledge of the TRUTH.... = Jesus is the TRUTH, their MESSIAH is JESUS< that is the "knowledge of the Truth".... they received.......>He preached it, like i showed you on the Beach.
But they rejected it. . they rejected this truth, this knowledge that is the Gospel of their Salvation.
They rejected the Knowledge of the truth that they RECEIVED from PAUL who told them that that Jesus is their Messiah = "crucified Him afresh".

REJECTiON of this Knowledge of the Truth..... is the NAILS being driven into Jesus.

= Christ rejection.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick @Charlie24

If sinless perfection isn’t achievable, the God of the Bible is unjust.

“…I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.” (Zephaniah 1:17-18)

But the God of the Bible is just!

So sinless perfection is possible after forgiveness and cleansing from the Lord!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“…I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.” (Zephaniah 1:17-18)

So sinless perfection is possible after forgiveness and cleansing from the Lord!
Of course it is. That's not the subject here, but that even after having known the walk of sinless perfection in Christ, if we do sin against Him, then we must be renewed in His salvation again. No past righteousness, even a perfect walk with God, is remembered by Him the moment we transgress with the devil.

However, there are things we can do to add to our faith to ensure that we never fall. (2 peter 1:5-11) Son long as we continue in such well-doing, we don't have to consider renewing ourselves in Christ after falling.

All I john 1-2 is saying, is that if we do fall, we can still come to the advocate and propitiation for the whole world. We don't have to throw in the towel altogether. Christ can be formed in us again by the same godly sorrow of grace as at the first.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but that even after having known the walk of sinless perfection in Christ, if we do sin against Him, then we must be renewed in His salvation again

:IDK:

So then what’s the “worse” part here all about:

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” (2 Peter 2:20-21)

???

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick

And how can one repent AGAIN when it would be impossible to do so?

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

:IDK: :IDK:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't say I've reached sinless perfection, I'm just a sinner in need of Grace.

I'm just depending on Him to deliver me from evil, doing what I know is right according to His Word.

But my friend, Charlie24 will be perfect one day, when the corruptible puts on the incorruptible.

I will then be able to live up to the position the Lord has placed me in this life, perfect and faultless before my God and Saviour.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say I've reached sinless perfection, I'm just a sinner in need of Grace.

I'm just depending on Him to deliver me from evil, doing what I know is right according to His Word.

Why didn’t he deliver these then:

“Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.” (Jeremiah 7:20)

You do realize that if you had lived in this area at this time you’d also be getting a taste of God’s fury, right?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn’t he deliver these then:

“Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.” (Jeremiah 7:20)

You do realize that if you had lived in this area at this time you’d also be getting a taste of God’s fury, right?

You can place Charlie24's name in the place of Abraham.

"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."

Reactions: mailmandan