Renewable Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And afterwards:

“Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.” (Genesis 26:5)

Afraid not! Do you remember when Christ was talking to the Pharisees about Abraham, Telling them "that before Abraham, I Am," and they took up stones to stone Him?

Christ also told them that "Abraham seen my day, and was happy in it." Through an unrecorded vision in Scripture, God the Father showed Abraham the Christ, "and Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

You see, Michiah-Imla, no man on this earth has ever been saved but by faith in the Messiah who laid down His life for our sins.

That was the purpose of the sacrificial system of the Law, the sacrifice represented the Crucified Christ. That sacrifice goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden, the very beginning of man at the fall.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course it is. That's not the subject here, but that even after having known the walk of sinless perfection in Christ, if we do sin against Him, then we must be renewed in His salvation again.

Jesus's shed blood and death is SALVATION.

You can't '"renew" that, as He would have come down here again as the Lamb of God, to die again for it to be renewed.
And trust me when i tell you that the next time Christ arrives to this earth, wont be to save you from your sin.
He's coming back as Lord Almighty, the LION< and not the lamb. The KING of Glory, and not as the suffering meek servant.

Robert.....You rant/post so much incredibly odd and strange theology, that has nothing whatsoever to do with Truth or The Cross of Christ.,

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is renewable by faith, not secured while sinning.

Then said Samuel to the people, Come, and let us go to Gilgal, and renew the kingdom there.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.

Being saved is only as good doing good by faith, and not sinning. If we do sin, then like the sinners of the world, we must go to the Advocate for the whole world, and be forgiven, saved, and washed.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you.

The Scripture proves that Christ must be formed again in them, that Christ was once formed in. We must be saved again, that were once saved.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

If we make ourselves transgressors, Christ is not formed in us, and we are not being saved by Christ in us. Paul prays for such Christian transgressors to do so, that Christ may be formed in us again. Not for the first time in this life, but again.

Christians that sin against Christ must be saved again, the same way all sinners of the world must be saved:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Salvation is renewable, so that if we sin against God, we can have our spirit renewed rightly with Christ formed in us again.
Observe God's commandments is the best way to secure salvation Rob 1 Jn 5:3. I liked the way Solomon summed it up, easy to understand and really drives the point home as well don't you think?:
(Ecclesiastes 12:13) . . .The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man.

I kinda believe that summation sir.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can place Charlie24's name in the place of Abraham.

"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
Romans 4:2 - For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

Reactions: Charlie24

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not accept commandment keeping to save you, so He also would not accept commandment keeping to keep you.

“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21)

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

“He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.” (John 14:24)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

That does not save you.

God does not save you if you love the Commandments.

Salvation is the CROSS OF CHRIST, .......not commandment keeping.

Thousands of commandment keeping water baptized people died today, yesterday, and tomorrow, and went to hell like a bullet.

WhY?

Because Jesus said...>"you must be born again" and these commandment keeping water baptized were NOT BORN AGAIN.

Hell is waiting for Atheist's and commandment keeping water baptized RELIGIOUS people who are ALL... = not born again.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21)

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

“He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.” (John 14:24)

Michiah, pay attention to this, it will help you understand the Law/Grace conflict.

Christ was under the Law, He taught the Law, but the Jews had polluted and distorted the Law.

Christ taught the true Law, but was rejected, as the Jews had built the Law into their God.

Salvation has always been by Grace through faith, but hidden in Scripture from the natural eye because the sin debt of man had not yet been paid. Justification by faith was first introduced to Abraham, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." This has always been the way to salvation.

Under Grace, look at what John says about keeping the commandment.

1 John 3:22-23

"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment."

Notice the bold words, John changes the plural "commandments" to the singular "commandment." All the commandments are kept by faith in Christ and loving one another. If you remember, Christ quoted these 2 as the Great Commandments.

It was appointed to the Apostle Paul to explain the Law/Grace conflict, as he does continuously in all of his epistles. Over and over he tells us that no man will be justified by the Law, (depending on your own ability to keep laws) but by faith in Christ.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these commandment keeping water baptized were NOT BORN AGAIN.

Because born again people don’t keep Christ’s commandments?

:IDK:

So You think Christ saves people who don’t love him?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

You are confused.

“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

That's exactly what Paul said! We establish the Law because the moral Law (10 commandments) is God's standard of righteousness.

All the commandments of Christ are the reflection of the true Law He taught. But rejected by the Jews.

No man will see the kingdom of God without keeping the moral Law (10 commandments).

The purpose of the Law was to show man in his fallen state that he can't become righteous in the sight of God by doing or his ability of any kind. This is why Paul told us, "the Law was our schoolmaster to point us to Christ." Our inability to keep the righteousness of God is where Grace comes in. That Grace (what we don't deserve) is freely given to us through faith in His finished work on the Cross, and His resurrection.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what Paul said! We establish the Law because the moral Law (10 commandments) is God's standard of righteousness.

All the commandments of Christ are the reflection of the true Law He taught. But rejected by the Jews.

No man will see the kingdom of God without keeping the moral Law (10 commandments).

The purpose of the Law was to show man in his fallen state that he can't become righteous in the sight of God by doing or his ability of any kind. This is why Paul told us, "the Law was our schoolmaster to point us to Christ." Our inability to keep the righteousness of God is where Grace comes in. That Grace (what we don't deserve) is freely given to us through faith in His finished work on the Cross, and His resurrection.

The most wonderful thing about the Grace we don't deserve is even when we fail, we are still seen by God as Law-keepers through our faith in the finished work of Christ.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

The problem with the law was that it couldn’t take away sins. So under the law one could never be sinless, even when ceasing to commit new sins, because the old sins were still present.

“…in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” (Hebrews 10:3-4)

It’s not that we could not keep the law, it’s that we had no way to take our old sins away.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24

The problem with the law was that it couldn’t take away sins. So under the law one could never be sinless, even when ceasing to commit new sins, because the old sins were still present.

“…in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” (Hebrews 10:3-4)

It’s not that we could not keep the law, it’s that we had no way to take our old sins away.

If we could keep the Law and Commandments, that would determine our salvation, there would have been no need for Christ to face the Cross.

But because "no man will be justified by Law-keeping," Christ faced the Cross for us, to pay our sin debt that we may be justified by faith.

If a man is honest with himself, and I'm speaking of every man on this earth, he knows in his heart he is lying to himself when he says he can keep the Law and Commandments perfectly as demanded by God.

Because of mans inability to to keep the Law perfectly, God gave us His amazing Grace as a free gift through faith in Christ.

Law and Grace are opposites of one another. Paul makes it clear that it's one or the other. If you live by Commandment keeping you will be judged by Commandment keeping. And Paul makes it clear also, no man will be justified by the works of Law and Commandment keeping. Only through faith in the finished work of Christ is it possible to enter into the Kingdom of God.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla

Do yourself a favor and tell me what you think Paul is saying here.

Rom. 8:3-4

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we could keep the Law and Commandments, that would determine our salvation

All men have the ability to come to the point of keeping the law. But the problem is by then all have sinned and come short. And those old sins remain ever present in the conscience.

The law cannot take away those sins.

Christ provides the solution for when man reaches the point of desiring to cease from sin, that he can do so with a clean sin record and keep the law having a conscience void of sin after believing the gospel.

Otherwise you have a cruel God doing things like this to people incapable of obeying God’s laws:

“For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah. And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness…” (Jeremiah 1:15-16)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All men have the ability to come to the point of keeping the law. But the problem is by then all have sinned and come short. And those old sins remain ever present in the conscience.

The law cannot take away those sins.

Christ provides the solution for when man reaches the point of desiring to cease from sin, that he can do so with a clean sin record and keep the law having a conscience void of sin after believing the gospel.

Otherwise you have a cruel God doing things like this to people incapable of obeying God’s laws:

“For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah. And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness…” (Jeremiah 1:15-16)

Rom. 8: 3-4

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

The Law being weak through the flesh means that the Law cannot save anyone because of the weakness of fallen man to keep it.

But God sent Christ to keep the Law perfectly for us, that by faith in His performance we are declared perfect in His sight.

The moral Law (10 commandments) is what Paul is referring to, it holds the righteousness needed to please God.

But we are incapable of keeping those Laws and Commandment perfectly as demanded.

"Walking in the flesh" is trying to keep those Laws and Commandments in our own ability, i.e. the flesh.

"Walking in the Spirit" is depending on Christ, by faith "to fulfill the righteousness of the Law in us."

The whole thing involves faith in order to recieve the righteousness that we need but have no way of gaining, but by faith in Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is renewable by faith, not secured while sinning.

Then said Samuel to the people, Come, and let us go to Gilgal, and renew the kingdom there.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.

Being saved is only as good doing good by faith, and not sinning. If we do sin, then like the sinners of the world, we must go to the Advocate for the whole world, and be forgiven, saved, and washed.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you.

The Scripture proves that Christ must be formed again in them, that Christ was once formed in. We must be saved again, that were once saved.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

If we make ourselves transgressors, Christ is not formed in us, and we are not being saved by Christ in us. Paul prays for such Christian transgressors to do so, that Christ may be formed in us again. Not for the first time in this life, but again.

Christians that sin against Christ must be saved again, the same way all sinners of the world must be saved:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Salvation is renewable, so that if we sin against God, we can have our spirit renewed rightly with Christ formed in us again.
then no one is saved.

and we are working towards salvation by doing works of righteousness.. Not by Gods mercy..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book is called "the Epistle to the Hebrews."

Who are the Hebrews?
sadly he will not hear.

He does not understand Hebrews was written to the people who were trying to go back to the law. and his pleading with them to not go back to the law because the law will never save you.

so he totally ignores context.