Renewing the Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sometimes we have to move on but remember this if your moving to go to a perfect church.. it will not last as perfect because your there.. were a bunch of imperfect people living in a not perfect world trying to serve a perfect saviour

Oh I agree. This church is a way different atmosphere. We have a ton more babies/kids running around in the chapel. Very lively. :)I don't see kids in the chapel at all at this other church. But it is sort of nice. :D easier to concentrate. But I love hearing the kids worshipping with us in service. They go to Jr. Church after that.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sometimes we have to move on but remember this if your moving to go to a perfect church.. it will not last as perfect because your there.. were a bunch of imperfect people living in a not perfect world trying to serve a perfect saviour

I am not ready to move on just yet. I am not sure if that is what God wants me to do. Their midweek even falls on Thursday. I can get more of the Word going to two churches. And may not burn out if I go back in the children's ministry again. Because there is no perfect church. And yes the new one believes in tongues as a prayer language/prophetic words/etc. Where at mine it is misunderstood...but these arent what I consider essential doctrines.

I was a bit hurt when I asked to try the children's ministry again with the babies this time, and was asked to not "indoctrinate" the babies with tongues/pray with them in them. I wouldn't do that. And I was just surprised she would mention that...I know there is corporate prayer at the new church and they pray over the service in tongues. I usually pray privately at home/now over my daughter. I don't know if they pray in tongues over the children or not. I would be okay with that. I guess it is something I have to pray about more. Besides my husband and daughter though, the church is my family. I just hope I don't lose those relationships if I do stop going. Because if I go back to work, I am going to have to make some choices.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about . . . no commercial broadcasts, TV, radio, whatever, to stop the world's worldview from streaming into our minds?

Commercial radio and Television rely on advertising dollars, advertising dollars are dictated by ratings, and ratings are reached by appealing to the greatest number of people. You can do the math on that one. I think it affects the content no matter what label the broadcaster wears.

Just a thought . . .

And then there's the question of what to do with that time, for those who maybe watch like I did.

Much love!

For what it's worth: I tape all the shows that I want to watch, and then FF the commercials, news breaks, etc. But I think one of the biggest ways that the world comes in is through other people. We have one in college and some of these leftists professors really push their beliefs. One had them read a book and said if by the end of the book they still believed in God they were stupid. Students who want to pass face unique pressures.

Much love!

Reactions: marks

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a bit hurt when I asked to try the children's ministry again with the babies this time, and was asked to not "indoctrinate" the babies with tongues/pray with them in them. I wouldn't do that. And I was just surprised she would mention that...I know there is corporate prayer at the new church and they pray over the service in tongues. I usually pray privately at home/now over my daughter. I don't know if they pray in tongues over the children or not. I would be okay with that. I guess it is something I have to pray about more. Besides my husband and daughter though, the church is my family. I just hope I don't lose those relationships if I do stop going. Because if I go back to work, I am going to have to make some choices.
if i may suggest teach God word lead them forward.let the Holy Spirit do the gifts ..i will be honest with ya imo tongues is one of the most over blown subjects in the church land today.. if you want to pray in tongues do so in private or in very low tone.. many worship tongues more tan Christ

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not ready to move on just yet. I am not sure if that is what God wants me to do. Their midweek even falls on Thursday. I can get more of the Word going to two churches. And may not burn out if I go back in the children's ministry again. Because there is no perfect church. And yes the new one believes in tongues as a prayer language/prophetic words/etc. Where at mine it is misunderstood...but these arent what I consider essential doctrines.

You are going about this possible change correctly IMHO. You are waiting on God's approval to stay where you are, or go full force to the other Church. And, I think going to both for a bit anyhow, is just fine. When I changed over to another Church (which was the one I USED to attend, but were way too far from where I live, but now they are close) My old Church really broke my heart with their obvious lack of love or caring, unless one is in "the clique" I have had more unsaved people be kinder than allot of "Christians". It took a few months of driving by the old Church without a tear or two and a squeeze in my chest but, God could have not placed me in a better place. There are also many more ministry options as well as more single ladies my age. It is hard to get to know people. I want so bad to have gatherings at my home but, there is yet a floor to be put down and I only have one small sitting chair in the whole of my living-room. Lol. My new Church has a huge warehouse full of furniture of all kinds, stoves, fridges, washers dryers, on and on that is used for their congregants who are in need. I plan on going there when it is time for a couch and at least one chair. God is good...I am glad to hear you are going about this change in the right way. I also did pretty much what you are doing when I changed, prayed for the whole year plus, if I should start back with my "new old" Church. I spoke with the pastor who understood my reasoning and said the door was always open for me to come back if I wished so...YAY! God knows our hearts and will answer according to our faith, and it sure seems you have faith ♥

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what it's worth: I tape all the shows that I want to watch, and then FF the commercials, news breaks, etc. But I think one of the biggest ways that the world comes in is through other people. We have one in college and some of these leftists professors really push their beliefs. One had them read a book and said if by the end of the book they still believed in God they were stupid. Students who want to pass face unique pressures.

Much love!

Hi SG,

That really demonstrates the world's agenda, does it not?

We have an enemy who is actively trying to destroy our faith.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about . . . no commercial broadcasts, TV, radio, whatever, to stop the world's worldview from streaming into our minds?

Commercial radio and Television rely on advertising dollars, advertising dollars are dictated by ratings, and ratings are reached by appealing to the greatest number of people. You can do the math on that one. I think it affects the content no matter what label the broadcaster wears.

Just a thought . . .

And then there's the question of what to do with that time, for those who maybe watch like I did.

Much love!

Sports. Having sources of entertainment is actually fairly important to me. There's only so much time I can devote in a day or week to prayer, studying scripture and preparing teachings, and let's face it: I'd watch more Christian programing but very little of it is any good. So along with video gaming I watch major sporting events; mostly Football, but also Soccer, Basketball, Indycar racing, & UFC. I also record everything as much as possible, because sports advertising is about as bad as it gets, LoL.

Lord knows I would spend every waking moment in meditation on the word of God if I were capable of it, but I'm the type that burns out and gets bored with things easily, even scripture. But I deliberately designed my life decades ago to have as much free time available for the word as possible, even down to the job I've worked for the last 28 years. But speaking from experience, it's just not possible for me, so I have to have sidelines that keep me from from going nuts, LoL.

To each his own, but I need TV.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sports. Having sources of entertainment is actually fairly important to me. There's only so much time I can devote in a day or week to prayer, studying scripture and preparing teachings, and let's face it: I'd watch more Christian programing but very little of it is any good. So along with video gaming I watch major sporting events; mostly Football, but also Soccer, Basketball, Indycar racing, & UFC. I also record everything as much as possible, because sports advertising is about as bad as it gets, LoL.

Lord knows I would spend every waking moment in meditation on the word of God if I were capable of it, but I'm the type that burns out and gets bored with things easily, even scripture. But I deliberately designed my life decades ago to have as much free time available for the word as possible, even down to the job I've worked for the last 28 years. But speaking from experience, it's just not possible for me, so I have to have sidelines that keep me from from going nuts, LoL.

Hi HIM,
I am not a tv watcher but...I did have Pureflix...pretty much everything on there is wholesome and very good. It is only like 11 bucks a month. I discontinued it for awhile now as they were just starting out and even Netflix had more to offer in the genre of faith and spirituality. Good movies. Probably some "sporty" stuff on there too :) I am going to look into it again to see if they have more options. ♥

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its not so much the watching, I speak towards the unmonitored content just flowing in. My wife and I have our shows and movies that we like too. But the world's media flowing unchecked into our minds, well, I was way too deep into it, and when I got out, saw a tremendous difference.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not so much the watching, I speak towards the unmonitored content just flowing in. My wife and I have our shows and movies that we like too. But the world's media flowing unchecked into our minds, well, I was way too deep into it, and when I got out, saw a tremendous difference.

Much love!

I once had a friend living here and, all she watched was horror movies...I HATED it. I stayed in my room, door closed and with a book or my laptop. Once she left...the whole atmosphere in my home became so awesomely peaceful and, I believe that is because The Holy Spirit HAD to be grieved as to what was coming over the airwaves into my house! All I have on now, is Christian music...pretty much all day long. I must say, I am glad I am living alone again!!!!! ♥

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once had a friend living here and, all she watched was horror movies...I HATED it. I stayed in my room, door closed and with a book or my laptop. Once she left...the whole atmosphere in my home became so awesomely peaceful and, I believe that is because The Holy Spirit HAD to be grieved as to what was coming over the airwaves into my house! All I have on now, is Christian music...pretty much all day long. I must say, I am glad I am living alone again!!!!! ♥
I
We have a radio station we listen to which for the most part is hymns and Bible reading. They also do some Bible studies. But mostly what I hear is Scripture, and song/hymns/spiritual songs. What a joy!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi HIM,
I am not a tv watcher but...I did have Pureflix...pretty much everything on there is wholesome and very good. It is only like 11 bucks a month. I discontinued it for awhile now as they were just starting out and even Netflix had more to offer in the genre of faith and spirituality. Good movies. Probably some "sporty" stuff on there too :) I am going to look into it again to see if they have more options. ♥

My wife watches the Hallmark channels religiously, LoL. All very clean and wholesome, only I just wish faith played more of a part in the movies sometimes. It's all...

romance.

tumblr_m9c10hGHNd1reheodo1_500.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a radio station we listen to which for the most part is hymns and Bible reading. They also do some Bible studies. But mostly what I hear is Scripture, and song/hymns/spiritual songs. What a joy!

Oh yes, I listen to several studies and sermons on our local Christian radio too. I have my faves :) But if just puttering or cleaning around the house, I like the music itself so, I will put Pandora on ♥

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, I listen to several studies and sermons on our local Christian radio too. I have my faves :) But if just puttering or cleaning around the house, I like the music itself so, I will put Pandora on ♥
I have a playlist of about 50 songs or so that I've put there because each one has a certain ministry to me, and I just cycle endlessly through them when I putter. That's been working for the last few years. And if I'm going to be in one spot for a while, I'll play my audio Bible. All I can say is repetition sure works for me!

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a playlist of about 50 songs or so that I've put there because each one has a certain ministry to me, and I just cycle endlessly through them when I putter. That's been working for the last few years. And if I'm going to be in one spot for a while, I'll play my audio Bible. All I can say is repetition sure works for me!

Much love!
You just made my mind up. I am going to get (God willing) an audio bible!!! I bet I could get on line...save it to my drive and listen even without being "online!! Thanks :)

Reactions: marks and Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally someone likes one of my pics! Glory to God!!! The Holy Spirit must be moving or something.
I wear those things out like there's no tomorrow, LoL.
Hahahaha. that's funny :D
But, of COURSE The Holy Spirit is moving!!! It's only answer to many prayers of many of the faithful prayer warriors on here so, why so surprised??! Ahaha...j/k me bro ♥
God Bless and keep you and yours!
nancy