Renewing the Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually start getting into them if I sit there long enough. But I poke at them a lot of fun, cuz it's nearly always the same storylines. The woman always saves the day, and then they live happily ever after... just like in real life.
" just like in real life." :D:D:D
:rolleyes:
Uh Huh.
But then, if both spouses agree where God is concerned...it's all good!!!! ♥♥♥

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, We agree to the above, living by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. The supreme act of worship is to keep the commandments, to follow in the footsteps of the Son of God, to do ever those things that please him.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4
Amen

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if i may suggest teach God word lead them forward.let the Holy Spirit do the gifts ..i will be honest with ya imo tongues is one of the most over blown subjects in the church land today.. if you want to pray in tongues do so in private or in very low tone.. many worship tongues more tan Christ

Yeh this is how I feel too about it. I think ages 4 and under, they just need to know God loves them anyway. Later when I told her how I feel, she said she was seeing where I was spiritually with it, because a lot of the parents may not feel comfortable with that. And I understand that. And I guess I expected her to read my mind about it that I wouldn't when the gift of tongues is misunderstood to begin with. Lol. But yeh. I don't think God meant a gift of the Spirit to separate people/churches.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sports. Having sources of entertainment is actually fairly important to me. There's only so much time I can devote in a day or week to prayer, studying scripture and preparing teachings, and let's face it: I'd watch more Christian programing but very little of it is any good. So along with video gaming I watch major sporting events; mostly Football, but also Soccer, Basketball, Indycar racing, & UFC. I also record everything as much as possible, because sports advertising is about as bad as it gets, LoL.

Lord knows I would spend every waking moment in meditation on the word of God if I were capable of it, but I'm the type that burns out and gets bored with things easily, even scripture. But I deliberately designed my life decades ago to have as much free time available for the word as possible, even down to the job I've worked for the last 28 years. But speaking from experience, it's just not possible for me, so I have to have sidelines that keep me from from going nuts, LoL.

To each his own, but I need TV.

Lol. Right!!!! I had to respond to this. :p Hard to find a balance for me. Personally, I have felt that God has been telling me I need to come back to my first love. Him!!!! I used to all out give something up I really liked, to be closer to God(which never lasted long. Bahaha). But I think He is calling me to practice self control/moderation. Id say more of it, but have very little. :D I can game for hours. I can drink coffee all day and be on my phone all day while not really "being present." I'm trying to make some looser goals and time limits to get in the Word to renew my mind more, while still having interests of my own. When you become a parent, you sort of have to find out who you are again in a different way.

It is a juggling act. Lol. Since you like sports:

Football-Juggler-Belgium-2_0.jpg

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! I hope that's not how the Lord sees me... or you.

Bahaha well I think this is a picture of a Martha personality. Only responsibilities are only one of the soccer balls (like laundry. Sort of kick that to the side and dig through the clean ones instead if folding them.)

But the goal is to lay down at Jesus feet first and foremost. He should be number one priority. And He is the ultimate rest. Only when we lay at His feet can the distractions and trash of the world not get in. This is when our eyes are focused on Him...

B

Butterfly

I don't tend to watch much news , and definately don't read newspapers- I do check out what is being reported online from time to time- but as I am aware of manipulation in the media, I tend to check it out more. I actually think it's a bit of a balancing act as I personally do think you need to be aware on one level.
I do watch TV as I sometimes do need to escape - poor and simple, it is escapism - for me it's detective series. I tend to watch it pre recorded, or on my iPad ' catchup ' - that way I govern when I watch things. At the moment I don't think I have the balance right - but I am working on that. When I am physically and mentally tired I just find it hard to concentrate on really in depth study.
So it's a discipline I need to work on - When I didn't have to work full time, and was younger, I use to love delving into subjects, cross referencing in scripture ect - I think my work place is a negative environment spiritually - which is more of a reason why I need to study more, but it's a bit of a battle at times. Just being honest !
I charge my batteries, then do a shift and I am drained , and tired !
A few years ago I could have retired , got a pension and cut my hours- but they raised the age to 66 ( I am 61 now ) I do a physical job , and my body feels it's age !! Lol
Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just made my mind up. I am going to get (God willing) an audio bible!!! I bet I could get on line...save it to my drive and listen even without being "online!! Thanks :)
Family Radio has it all downloadable from their website. I'm sure there are others. I don't have internet at home, but I've put it on every computer and laptop.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do watch TV as I sometimes do need to escape - poor and simple, it is escapism - for me it's detective series. I tend to watch it pre recorded,
my wife and I recently finished the 20 year Law & Order series on DVD. It's our down time too. what I like about Law & Order is that, while I may want to blink a bit at the beginning if it's a little more graphic on the crime, after that it's all Good against Evil, as it were. And smartly done.

Amuse . . . muse, to think; amuse, not to think.

Much love!

Reactions: Mayflower