Repeated dreams...help me understand what that is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

busrider

Aug 5, 2021
So Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry ahead of time if I posted this in the wrong area, but I keep having repeated dreams.

1st dream that repeats: I keep getting back with my ex wife.

2nd dream that repeats: I keep getting crushed under things and can't breath. Last time it was a train.

Thanks for any ideas, I'm lost and will take it to God, but he doesn't always answer.

Getting back with your ex wife is crushing

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is the one I meant, but he advised that he would leaving for an indefinite period of time so unless he is reading here now, we should not expect an interpretation from him soon.

Was wondering about him. Thanks

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting back with your ex wife is crushing
I'm not sure. I haven't had anything to do with her or even seen her in over 10 years. So I would think if I was crushing it would be directed elsewhere.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry ahead of time if I posted this in the wrong area, but I keep having repeated dreams.

2nd dream that repeats: I keep getting crushed under things and can't breath. Last time it was a train.

Thanks for any ideas, I'm lost and will take it to God, but he doesn't always answer.
Sleep apnea causes people to stop breathing while sleeping and happens repeatedly through the night, you might want to get sleep tested. If you're down wind from a big wild fire, the toxins and particulates in the air could also make your breathing more labored. Sometimes the things that we physically experience while sleeping can intrude into our dreams and change them, but that isn't typical because our physiology has a mechanism to block sensory data while sleeping.
While in tech school in the service I had a dream about my old dog climbing up on my bed and lying on top of me, making it difficult to move or breathe. In my dream my dog was my dog, but something else seemed to control it. I wasn't born again yet, but the experience seemed like a form of demonic oppression.
I've also heard of people suffering from "night terrors" waking up, but not completely, so that they are aware of being awake, but not able to move because the full control of motor functions suppressed during sleep hasn't been restored yet.
Dreams are not necessarily just random subconscious creations, but are often the minds subconscious efforts to resolve problems from waking life. In college I occasionally woke up with the solution to a "homework " problem that I was struggling with while waking. The Lord may be moving you to resolve unresolved issues with your former wife. His way is forgiveness, mercy, and relational reconciliation, so that wouldn't be unusual.
Do these dreams occur together? It could be that external influences are trying to prevent you from reconciliation to your former wife and that your subconscious mind is recognizing something that you can't grasp while awake.
In my experience with my own failed marriage, outside influences played a big part in the outcome and my consideration of those influences allowed me to forgive and be reconciled to my X. Don't underestimate the importance as a Christian, of being reconciled to those who have offended you and sinned against you. We can't be reconciled to those who want no part of reconciliation, but the bond of marriage is the most significant in our lives after the relationship that it is supposed to represent, our relationship with God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sleep apnea causes people to stop breathing while sleeping and happens repeatedly through the night, you might want to get sleep tested. If you're down wind from a big wild fire, the toxins and particulates in the air could also make your breathing more labored. Sometimes the things that we physically experience while sleeping can intrude into our dreams and change them, but that isn't typical because our physiology has a mechanism to block sensory data while sleeping.
While in tech school in the service I had a dream about my old dog climbing up on my bed and lying on top of me, making it difficult to move or breathe. In my dream my dog was my dog, but something else seemed to control it. I wasn't born again yet, but the experience seemed like a form of demonic oppression.
I've also heard of people suffering from "night terrors" waking up, but not completely, so that they are aware of being awake, but not able to move because the full control of motor functions suppressed during sleep hasn't been restored yet.
Dreams are not necessarily just random subconscious creations, but are often the minds subconscious efforts to resolve problems from waking life. In college I occasionally woke up with the solution to a "homework " problem that I was struggling with while waking. The Lord may be moving you to resolve unresolved issues with your former wife. His way is forgiveness, mercy, and relational reconciliation, so that wouldn't be unusual.
Do these dreams occur together? It could be that external influences are trying to prevent you from reconciliation to your former wife and that your subconscious mind is recognizing something that you can't grasp while awake.
In my experience with my own failed marriage, outside influences played a big part in the outcome and my consideration of those influences allowed me to forgive and be reconciled to my X. Don't underestimate the importance as a Christian, of being reconciled to those who have offended you and sinned against you. We can't be reconciled to those who want no part of reconciliation, but the bond of marriage is the most significant in our lives after the relationship that it is supposed to represent, our relationship with God.
Thanks, the dreams do not happen together. The ex wife wants nothing to do with me and won't talk or allow me to see my children.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In this current global mess...I would take a guess that your dreams are connected...
Grushed...feeling the weight of govt intruding and pressing down on all aspects of peoples lives.
Ex...not the person particularly, but rather the "Carefree" first in love experience....

I was going to write similar, then saw your post :)

I believe the ex wife is God saying “return to your first passion that you had for Me”.
And the crushing weight …agree - the weight of Satan being loosed to fight ( through governments and evil people ) against and to oppress Gods people before he is bound forever.

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to write similar, then saw your post :)

I believe the ex wife is God saying “return to your first passion that you had for Me”.
And the crushing weight …agree - the weight of Satan being loosed to fight ( through governments and evil people ) against and to oppress Gods people before he is bound forever.
Thanks Helen. I'm starting to believe the same. So I'm not the only one that is interpreting these dreams that way, at least three of us so far. I'm trying to quit tobacco use and so I think you're right about returning to former relationship with God. And the breathing dreams seem to reflect natural disasters, so perhaps you're right about that too. Like I will be crushed by the wrath of God against the wicked abominations worked on the earth.

Reactions: Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, the dreams do not happen together. The ex wife wants nothing to do with me and won't talk or allow me to see my children.
I can only guess but it seems a bit like the dreams have to do with your family relationships. If you're on the worst of terms with your wife and you can't even see your children, then your life is fragmented and damaged in ways that God can fix. God doesn't require that we take an x spouse back, but He does desire us to be reconciled to people that we're at enmity with to the extent that's possible. I'll pray for your situation. I'm sure that others will too.

Reactions: dev553344

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Possibility:

1. Getting back with your first wife means returning to your first love.

2. Getting crushed means that the cares of this life or other things are crushing your walk with God.

Carefully examine yourself and pray about the dreams. May the good Lord lead you and guide you into all His goodness and truth.

Reactions: dev553344