Repentance is the Gift Of God !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 297 did you read and understand ?
Yes; but I disagree with your underlying premise that a man must be born again before he can repent.

There is a midway section in which the person who is not born again is drawn to Christ; and through that drawing effect of the Holy Spirit is enabled to make a decision for Christ.

This is not because he has already been born again; for we become born again through repentance and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, a man repents and places his faith in Jesus and is born again as the result, even as the Bible teaches (Romans 10:9-13).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; but I disagree with your underlying premise that a man must be born again before he can repent.

There is a midway section in which the person who is not born again is drawn to Christ; and through that drawing effect of the Holy Spirit is enabled to make a decision for Christ.

This is not because he has already been born again; for we become born again through repentance and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, a man repents and places his faith in Jesus and is born again as the result, even as the Bible teaches (Romans 10:9-13).
Man naturally his mind is enmity against God and cant obey God, did you not read that ? Man in the flesh cannot please God, you disagree with all that ? Rom 8:7-8

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man naturally his mind is enmity against God and cant obey God, did you not read that ? Man in the flesh cannot please God, you disagree with all that ? Rom 8:7-8
There is a midway point wherein the unregenerated man is enabled to make a decision for or against Christ.

I contend that he does not become truly born again until after he has made a decision for Christ.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a midway point wherein the unregenerated man is enabled to make a decision for or against Christ.

I contend that he does not become truly born again until after he has made a decision for Christ.
Sorry, the natural mind of man is enmity against God and cannot be subject to God. Rom 8:7-8

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that a man is born again by the choice of God before he makes a choice for God is also conducive to the idea that God arbitrarily chooses some people out for heaven and by default chooses the rest for hell.

That certain people are going to hell and that they have no say in the matter is a reprehensible doctrine. For it means that God created them specifically for hell. Is this a God of love?

Nevertheless, God is love (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

Therefore, the God of the Bible is a God of love and is not the God of Calvinism.

For, especially in hyper-Calvinism, if you are not one of the elect: not even believing in Jesus, calling on His name, confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God rose Him from the dead, will get you saved. You are either saved or unsaved before that; and if you are not one of the elect, sorry, you're out of luck: not even doing what it takes to be saved is going to get you into the kingdom.

However, the scripture is clearly in contradiction to such an idea (which is the conclusion of Calvinistic philosophy).

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Man by nature is at enmity against Christ/God, he hates Christ/God Rom 8:7-8

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that a man is born again by the choice of God before he makes a choice for God is also conducive to the idea that God arbitrarily chooses some people out for heaven and by default chooses the rest for hell.

That certain people are going to hell and that they have no say in the matter is a reprehensible doctrine. For it means that God created them specifically for hell. Is this a God of love?

Nevertheless, God is love (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

Therefore, the God of the Bible is a God of love and is not the God of Calvinism.

For, especially in hyper-Calvinism, if you are not one of the elect: not even believing in Jesus, calling on His name, confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God rose Him from the dead, will get you saved. You are either saved or unsaved before that; and if you are not one of the elect, sorry, you're out of luck: not even doing what it takes to be saved is going to get you into the kingdom.

However, the scripture is clearly in contradiction to such an idea (which is the conclusion of Calvinistic philosophy).

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Man by nature makes the choice to hate God, be at enmity against Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man by nature is at enmity against Christ/God, he hates Christ/God Rom 8:7-8

Mankind is enabled to receive Christ when he is drawn by Him.

And that is not the same thing as being born again.

A man is born again when he repents and receives Christ and not before (John 1:12).

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind is enabled to receive Christ when he is drawn by Him.

And that is not the same thing as being born again.

A man is born again when he repents and receives Christ and not before (John 1:12).

Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture that confirms that Jesus Christ as Saviour gives His People repentance, by blessing them and turning them from their sins Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. 44c

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

God helps a man to go against his nature when he draws him by the power of the Holy Ghost.

In drawing him, He does not fully regenerate him.

For, a man is not fully regenerated until after he repents and gives his heart to Christ.

If you have not done this, and are trusting in Calvinism to save you apart from your making a decision to repent and receive Christ, I want to tell you that you are trusting in a false assurance.

For if you have not given your heart to Christ, surrendering to His Lordship in your life, you have not been redeemed.

I know that Calvinism teaches you otherwise.

It is false doctrine given by false teachers whom you have heaped to yourself to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God helps a man to go against his nature when he draws him by the power of the Holy Ghost.

In drawing him, He does not fully regenerate him.

For, a man is not fully regenerated until after he repents and gives his heart to Christ.

If you have not done this, and are trusting in Calvinism to save you apart from your making a decision to repent and receive Christ, I want to tell you that you are trusting in a false assurance.

For if you have not given your heart to Christ, surrendering to His Lordship in your life, you have not been redeemed.

I know that Calvinism teaches you otherwise.

It is false doctrine given by false teachers whom you have heaped to yourself to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).
False teaching. God gives man a new nature in new birth Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats when a person is given repentance, from the New Birth, I have already posted this earlier.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is false teaching is the idea that a man does not need to repent and receive Christ in order to be saved.

This concept that you are either saved or unsaved beforehand means that if you are not one of the elect, you are out of luck as concerning salvation even if you should do what it takes to be saved.

The Bible teaches contrary to such a notion.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is false teaching is the idea that a man does not need to repent and receive Christ in order to be saved.

This concept that you are either saved or unsaved beforehand means that if you are not one of the elect, you are out of luck as concerning salvation even if you should do what it takes to be saved.

The Bible teaches contrary to such a notion.

What is false teaching is what u teach.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not force people to believe and confess and repent but He does want you to!!!

1 Timothy 2:4
God wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now, are we going to resort to exchanges of "you're a false teacher..." "no, you're a false teacher...." "no, you..." "no, you...." ????
Repentance is a Gift given to some Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.