Repentance is the Gift Of God !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they can't, it's applied to them. God gives it, applies it.
It must be received in order for it to be applied.

Are you saying that you did not make a decision to repent when you came to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

If you didn't, then maybe you need to make such a decision.

Don't think that you have been saved if you haven't repented. That would be a lire of the enemy.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must be received in order for it to be applied.

Are you saying that you did not make a decision to repent when you came to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

If you didn't, then maybe you need to make such a decision.

Don't think that you have been saved if you haven't repented. That would be a lire of the enemy.
It's given applied without their consent. It's Gods will not there's.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I asked a mates mum had her son changed his Spots ? she said No ! directly. I had not seen him in years and I was at their place and he was on his way coming over.
So do people change their Spots ?
So ok we can see that the general view is that Repentance is said to be to change ones mind. ok they claim to be changed person ? now that can be true.
But have they changed their spots and is it because of a one off point of view that they are on about or is it that such as they will openly wilfully admit that they are sorry for doing or such that they are not proud of and repenting such with an open heart always from then on.

Or is it just a demand statement like one I know up the road, claiming to be saved regardless from that point on, but makes claims that he can kill whoever he wants regardless as he is saved due to a statement that he once claimed was his Repentance Gift. is it a one off get out of Jail card that he claims.

I say it is a free Gift but one has to hold dear to the Gift or to embrace the Gift within your Soul, it's not a worldly Gift at all.
If one has not Charity in Christ Jesus you have no Gift worthy of God in fact.
The Holy Spirit is the Gift and one abides in that, outside of that such is not the Gift.
Worldly works does not cut it at all, making claims that one is saved due to worldly works, like this dude claims because he said some words to another who claimed by saying such words bingo he has made the grade. that's not true at all, that's only something like water baptism.

One is not truly born again until the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is indeed a gentleman (Revelation 3:20).
More errant unbiblical comments. Jesus as Saviour gives repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, God doesn't need permission, that sounds crazy. Does God need permission to create something, to cause someone to be born ? You can be defiant all day !
If I can choose to be defiant all day, then so can people who are given the offer to repent.

Maybe God doesn't need permission; however, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17). And therefore, God gives the liberty (freedom to choose) as concerning whether we will receive Him, or not.

So, He operates under the paradigm that says, "I will not violate your free will and force you into the kingdom."

Otherwise, have you thought about the fact that if God forces His way on people, the people that He doesn't force His way on, He has apparently chosen them to be cast into the lake of fire?

This is not a God of love that you worship, sorry.