Repentance is the Gift Of God !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I can choose to be defiant all day, then so can people who are given the offer to repent.

Maybe God doesn't need permission; however, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17). And therefore, God gives the liberty (freedom to choose) as concerning whether we will receive Him, or not.

So, He operates under the paradigm that says, "I will not violate your free will and force you into the kingdom."

Otherwise, have you thought about the fact that if God forces His way on people, the people that He doesn't force His way on, He has apparently chosen them to be cast into the lake of fire?

This is not a God of love that you worship, sorry.
Repentance is given not offered. Just like life is given not offered. A baby doesn't have a choice on whether or not they will be born. When God said Isaac was to be born Isaac did not have a choice, his life was not a offer to him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance is given not offered. Just like life is given not offered. A baby doesn't have a choice on whether or not they will be born. When God said Isaac was to be born Isaac did not have a choice, his life was not a offer to him.
So, how did you come to be born again apart from making the decision of receiving Jesus Christ?

I'm definitely interested in knowing the answer to this question.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, how did you come to be born again apart from making the decision of receiving Jesus Christ?

I'm definitely interested in knowing the answer to this question.
Not going to talk about me. I talking about what Jesus the Saviour does, He gives, bestows Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Its part of His Exaltation to give repentance to Israel His Elect

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to talk about me. I talking about what Jesus the Saviour does, He gives, bestows Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Its part of His Exaltation to give repentance to Israel His Elect
My friend, if you have never received Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you are not born again.

If you have ever repented and asked Jesus into your life, that was a choice that you made. You had to volitionally do that.

There is no way to get around it.

When the Holy Spirit draws a man, he has a choice to either respond to that conviction or to reject it.

Verily, verily, I say to you, it is possible to reject it.

Act 7:51, Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, if you have never received Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you are not born again.

If you have ever repented and asked Jesus into your life, that was a choice that you made. You had to volitionally do that.

There is no way to get around it.

When the Holy Spirit draws a man, he has a choice to either respond to that conviction or to reject it.

Verily, verily, I say to you, it is possible to reject it.

Act 7:51, Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Jesus gives repentance as Saviour. Repentance is a Saviour blessing. If Christ is one Saviour, He will give them repentance unto life.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong, they receive it because its Given !
Wrong. When it is given, they can receive it or reject it.

Give me scripture that shows otherwise.

You can't.

Because scripture shows that I am correct (Joshua 24:15, John 1:12, Revelation 22:17, Revelation 3:20).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. When it is given, they can receive it or reject it.

Give me scripture that shows otherwise.

You can't.

Because scripture shows that I am correct (Joshua 24:15, John 1:12, Revelation 22:17, Revelation 3:20).
Christ gives repentance that is scripture and you don't believe it Acts 5 31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ gives repentance that is scripture and you don't believe it Acts 5 31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
That does not say that a man must not receive it when it is given.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course...but it is also required for salvation.

God offers repentance to you as a gift...but you must receive that gift in order to be saved.

As I have said many times—— REPENTANCE IS “ MANDANTORY” for Salvation.....it just ain’t they type of “ repentance” that you “ think” it is......
The admonition to “ Repent From Sins” can be Found in the Bible — and it’s something a “ Born Again”, Saved Believer will do....

The admonition to “ Repent From Sins IN ORDER TO BE SAVED” occurs NOWHERE in Scripture!

The Greek Word “ Metanoia” that we translate as “ repentance” literally means “Mind Change”...... If one “ changes his or her mind” about Jesus, as to Who He was and what He did for us at the Cross, which was to die for our sins and rise from the grave ( the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4, That is God’s Promise to Save you if you simply Believe it) you have the type of “ Repentance” that is demanded for Salvation.....It’s going from being an “ Unbeliever” to becoming a Believer—THAT is what Saves! Repentance is “ built in” to Believing.....you can repent without believing , but you can’t believe without Repenting.....

Once a person is Saved, he is given a “ New Heart”..... he has become “ A NEW CREATION in Christ Jesus”.... so now, on “this” side of Salvation, there is ANOTHER type of Repentance that poorly taught , confused people get confused with the Repentance That Saves.....

Sin for the Saved man becomes Repellant....whatever “begins” in sinfulness, will “ end” in shame- COUNT on it! This type of shame, guilt and sorrow ( a “ Type” Of Repentance ) can occur In The life of Anybody ( few men have repented to the extent that “ Judas” did!"...it did not get him Saved)
This type of Repentance is part of God’s Sanctification “ Tool Kit” ....The Saved man has the Freedom to sin if he “WANTS” to... BUT....Get enough of God’s Chastisement ....get enough remorse , guilt and Sorrow attached to your Sinning as a Christian, and watch how those “ WANTS “ kinda have a way of evaporating......
We cannot make the mistake of always attaching “ Repenting” to “ Repenting From Sins”..... It just does not work that way .....If you hold to that view, you got a Problem . Do you know who “ Repented” more than anybody else in the Bible? God. Six times at last count, but who’s counting.....
“ BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and be SAVED!”........ No mention of Repentance.As I said—- it’s “ Built In”......If Anybody Goes from UNBELIEF in Jesus to BELIEF in Jesus .....you have changed your mind.....you have Repented ....you have been Saved! God Bless....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The admonition to “ Repent From Sins IN ORDER TO BE SAVED” occurs NOWHERE in Scripture!

The concept is definitely there in Ezekiel 33:19.

Wrong, the Gift is received when God gives it.

At the discretion of the one receiving it. The person being given the gift always has the option of rejecting the gift. God doesn't force His gift on anyone; the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He does not invade people's houses; He stands at the door and knocks.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So according to your thinking.....the thing that saves us —“repenting From Sins”—- is not mentioned in the NT and just hinted at in the Old .....seems like God is trying to keep the means of Salvation from everybody....
Btw ...the Ezekiel quote is not referring to Eternal Life....

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At the discretion of the one receiving it. The person being given the gift always has the option of rejecting the gift. God doesn't force His gift on anyone; the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He does not invade people's houses; He stands at the door and knocks.
The Gift is received because it is Given. You don't understand a gift in the Spiritual realm, you thinking carnally.