Repenting From Sins Will Not Save You....Unless It Is A Trick !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the "Lead us not into temptation" part worked exactly like how you are implying, then why even include the above verses in the Lord's Prayer, the exact same prayer asking us not to be lead into temptation and delivered from evil?

Because all of us have sinned; which is not to say that we must necessarily sin in the present or the future.

The element of sin has been rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14); if we have received the second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15).

Furthermore, while God CAN answer our prayers in such a way, it doesn't mean He WILL.

Why wouldn't He be willing to do that which is clearly His will as His word reveals?

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why wouldn't He be willing to do that which is clearly His will as His word reveals?

How many times have prayers for winning the lottery been granted?

Because all of us have sinned; which is not to say that we must necessarily sin in the present or the future.

The element of sin has been rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14); if we have received the second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15).

Then please answer this question on my previous post instead of ignoring it:

...And right there you just sinned by using disrespectful language[1] after twisting my words.[2] What's your excuse for this?
  1. Ephesians 4:25-32, Matthew 5:21-23, Proverbs 18:21
  2. Deuteronomy 19:15-21, Exodus 20:16, Psalms 56:1-7

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What disrespectful language did I use? I don't think that saying something is sad is disrespectful...I didn't say it in the same way that Trump uses the same kind of language

How many times have prayers for winning the lottery been granted?

Where in the Bible does it say that it is God's will to answer the prayers of someone who is gambling?

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What disrespectful language did I use? I don't think that saying something is sad is disrespectful...I didn't say it in the same way that Trump uses the same kind of language

sad - Wiktionary

picture.jpg

It can certainly be taken that way, especially after twisting what I was trying to say about why I used the Lord's Prayer.

If you're using Donald Trump as a standard for debate, that is a very, very low bar to set.

And again, answer the question, preferably with Scriptural evidence:

...And right there you just sinned by using disrespectful language[1] after twisting my words.[2] What's your excuse for this?
  1. Ephesians 4:25-32, Matthew 5:21-23, Proverbs 18:21
  2. Deuteronomy 19:15-21, Exodus 20:16, Psalms 56:1-7

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have I twisted your words?

I am going to a Christmas party with my church and will be back to discuss with you later on tonight.

But please answer the question and I will try to answer yours when I get back.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is what I am saying
As I said in my post, I recite the Lord's Prayer partially for forgiveness of sins, ones I made because I am a fallible human being, not a golden god.[3]

If we're honest with ourselves, we are going to mess up and even be completely unaware of it. To argue otherwise would require a perfect memory and extreme amounts of self-awareness. The only innocent man in history is the Lord Jesus Christ and you know what we did to Him? We murdered Him and did so while claiming to do God's work.

Yes, I agree. This is one of the reasons why I recite the Lord's Prayer on a regular basis. The point I'm trying to make is that Christian living, especially to the point of Puritanism, is MUCH easier said than done. This is why we need a sinless man as our Lord and Saviour.

Here is what I am seeing you say
Speak for yourself! it is indeed possible to walk in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

If you are already walking in the direction of righteousness, it would be a mistake to make another 180-degree turn. You would be walking in the direction of sin again.

So, you ask the Lord to lead you not into temptation and to deliver you from evil. Do you believe that He answers in the affirmative?

So, you don't believe that the Lord answers you when you pray to Him. That is kind of sad.

If someone lives consistently according to the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in them (Romans 8:4). This means walking in freedom from (John 8:31-36) and victory over (1 Corinthians 15:57) sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

I think that the reason why many people don't believe that they can walk in freedom and victory is because their experience is devoid of the Holy Spirit. If they were walking in the Spirit for any amount of time, they would see that it is possible to walk in freedom and victory for an extended period of time.

...And where is this scenario found in the Holy Bible?
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Luke 18:9-14, (NIV)

9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:9-14 (NKJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

You will know them by their fruits.[1] So far, all I am seeing you do is justifying why it's impossible for you to sin[2] and even trying to justify why you were not in the wrong.[3] You did this while denigrating those who struggle with sin.[4] Nothing personal against you, this is just basically proving my point.
  1. Matthew 7:15-23
  2. Galatians 3:1-14
  3. Luke 16:1-15
  4. Repenting From Sins Will Not Save You....Unless It Is A Trick !

Last edited:

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, if the examples I am using to prove my point is going too far and is breaking the rules for being an Ad Hominem, I accept full responsibility and I deeply apologize to @justbyfaith and to all forum moderators for any and all harm I may have caused.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where in the Bible does it say that it is God's will to answer the prayers of someone who is
gambling?

Yes, you are right. Bad example on my part.

Point is, what is the rate of prayers being answered by God, especially when they are almost certainly countless of them every second.

How have I twisted your words?

The original context:
All the more to repent to Him daily, if we feel we need it, which prayer is one of the things we are to do often. And how He told us to pray...

My response:
Yes, I agree. This is one of the reasons why I recite the Lord's Prayer on a regular basis.

Your response:

So, you ask the Lord to lead you not into temptation and to deliver you from evil. Do you believe that He answers in the affirmative?

So, you don't believe that the Lord answers you when you pray to Him. That is kind of sad.

And based on this, it did rub me the wrong way. If intentional on your part, it has only proven my point. If not, then again, it will have to take extreme amounts of self-awareness and a perfect memory to claim that you are 100% righteous all the time, whether you are saved or not.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree. This is one of the reasons why I recite the Lord's Prayer on a regular basis. The point I'm trying to make is that Christian living, especially to the point of Puritanism, is MUCH easier said than done. This is why we need a sinless man as our Lord and Saviour. After receiving Him, we fight daily against sin by actually loving others as ourselves, treating others in ways we want to be treated, and never do things to others we wouldn't want done to ourselves. This is the second greatest commandment, after loving God with all our of being.[1] Therefore, the most effective tool in fighting against sin is empathy!

Be very careful not to make it about works either. It's very easy to fall into the legalism trap which opens all sorts of doors, like it did to the Pharisees.[2]
  1. Deuteronomy 5:1-22, Exodus 20:1-17, Galatians 5:13-26, Luke 10:25-37, Mark 12:28-34, Matthew 22:34-40, Romans 13:8-10
  2. Luke 5:17-32, 6:1-11, Mark 3:1-6, Matthew 9:1-13, 12:1-14, Romans 5:1-11

Yes. And we have to learn to forgive ourselves too when we mess up and have repented. Lord Jesus well knows the temptations that come being in this flesh, and He well knows we cannot be literally perfect like Him, but only counted perfect through Him, otherwise we wouldn't need Him to remit our sins and save us.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament explains the New Testament...the New Testament reveals the Old Testament.

So in the Old Testament in Isaiah there's a lesson about the Potter and the Clay.

God is the Potter, we are the Clay. And when working on a potters wheel it takes TWO hands and water to make a pot grow to be a high, thin-walled beautiful piece to hold oil or wine.
Pressure from the inside as well as outside. And a lot of water/law to make it happen.

If it's just outside pressure (only God) the only thing that can be made is a chamber pot. (Type of bedpan)
If it was only inside pressure the thing will crack and fall.

Its got to be pressure, just a bit offset, inside and out and lots of water to make a beautiful piece.

God can't do it all... you have to be willing and try...He will help a lot. It's a "Free Will" type of thing. If God wanted robots He would have made them a long time ago.

But rejecting sin is a must.
There are such things as a broken pot.

Loving others in spite of their obvious sins is a challenge. Especially that sin of self-righteousness. Can't imagine that it's easy for God either.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what I am saying

Here is what I am seeing you say

...And where is this scenario found in the Holy Bible?

Luke 18:9-14, (NIV)

Luke 18:9-14 (NKJV)

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

You will know them by their fruits.[1] So far, all I am seeing you do is justifying why it's impossible for you to sin[2] and even trying to justify why you were not in the wrong.[3] You did this while denigrating those who struggle with sin.[4] Nothing personal against you, this is just basically proving my point.
  1. Matthew 7:15-23
  2. Galatians 3:1-14
  3. Luke 16:1-15
  4. Repenting From Sins Will Not Save You....Unless It Is A Trick !

Yes, you are right. Bad example on my part.

Point is, what is the rate of prayers being answered by God, especially when they are almost certainly countless of them every second.

The original context:

My response:

Your response:

And based on this, it did rub me the wrong way. If intentional on your part, it has only proven my point. If not, then again, it will have to take extreme amounts of self-awareness and a perfect memory to claim that you are 100% righteous all the time, whether you are saved or not.

If you are going to put people's statements under the quote feature it makes it inconducive to responding to them. When I use the quote feature to quote what has been said, what you have put in quotes gets excluded from the quote that I desire to respond to.

So, I am not going to respond to your statements since they cannot exist in the quote that I am responding to unless I put in a lot of extra work.

But I will say this: there are often situations where a man is judged incorrectly and if he were given ample opportunity to respond to the accusations, it would be clear that he is vindicated of the charges laid against him.

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are going to put people's statements under the quote feature it makes it inconducive to responding to them. When I use the quote feature to quote what has been said, what you have put in quotes gets excluded from the quote that I desire to respond to.

So, I am not going to respond to your statements since they cannot exist in the quote that I am responding to unless I put in a lot of extra work.

But I will say this: there are often situations where a man is judged incorrectly and if he were given ample opportunity to respond to the accusations, it would be clear that he is vindicated of the charges laid against him.

Then let us bury the hatchet and try to learn from this. Again, my apologies if this was getting too personal.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of confused, poorly taught people believe sincerely that unless they “ Stop Sinning” , they can’t be Saved. This is what they take the word “ Repentance” to mean ......one has to Repent Of all of their Sins in order to be declared “ Fit For Heaven”

The True Repentance That Saves is the “ TURNING to God , with Faith in Jesus Christ.” Acts 20:22...... “ I told Jews and Gentiles to TURN ( Repent) to God and have Faith in our Lord Jesus) It is literally a “ change of mind” ( from the Greek Metanoia) .....you Change you Mind From thinking that you are “ good enough” to go to Heaven and thinking you can make it on your own somehow , to finally discovering that you CANT be good enough and you need HELP! BIG TIME ! You need a Savior! Then and ONLY then will you have the required Contrite Heart that God is looking for .....the Contrite Heart that cries out..... “ Lord have Mercy on me , a Sinner.....” Onecwill never cry out for the Savior until you see the NEED for that Savior.....

So now let me make my point: If one thinks that Repentance means “ Conquering or Stopping Sin”to Merit Heaven.....let’s go through that process .... I am qualified to teach it .....I tried it .....( spoiler alert— it did not work )

OK ....Lets pretend that I just got told by my Dr that I got one month to live ....it’s time to get serious with God ....I gotta quit all of my Sinning .....I have now officially declared “ I Repent! I will sin no more! Starting NOW! So......I start reading the Bible to find out all of the rules that I must keep and I give it my best shot ......I can sin no more between now and a month from now when I kick the bucket.I check out those Ten Commandments and for weeks I go without Murdering or Committing Adultery .....I grit my teeth , summon up all of my will-Power andxfind myself doing a pretty good job!

But then I made a big accidental mistake.....I got to The New Testament and stumbled across the Sermon on the Mount. Uh-oh. There I discovered refraining from murder and refraining from Adultery was not going to “ cut the mustard” . To continue my life of Repentance which meant to me in my mind I still had to “ not sin anymore” —— it finally hit me ! I could refrain from Adultery sure enough , but Jesus said that to just have a lustful thought was equal to committing Adultery. Well , a man’s gotta do what he has to do—— no more Lustful Thoughts for me !

Well, that worked for about 15 minutes.....in fact the more that I tried NOT to harbor bad thoughts, the more bad thoughts I entertained ......it finally hit me ......despite my good intentions , my attempts to “ quit Sinning” was a Sham. I could not do it ! The harder I “tried” to quit the harder it “ became” to quit . I was reminded of Paul’s struggle in Romans 7......I sincerely “ wanted” to be “ good” , but it just wasn’t in me..... “ Sin” always found a way to overcome the Best of my intentions....I had to “ come to an end of myself” ..... I could not stop Sinning .....what I “ could” do was to swallow my Pride, admit I was a hopeless, helpless Sinner who HAD to have a Savior or I was headed for Hell like a speeding Bullet! Now I understood how that Sinful Publican ( Tax Collector) felt....I had at last been humbled — All that was left for me to do was TURN TO GOD ( the REAL Repentance that God means for Salvation) and cry out , “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me, a Sinner.” Just like the Publican , I was Saved at that moment.....I went home JUSTIFIED —- just like he did.......simply because I “ Repented” ....I Repented God's Way....I finally Turned to Him ......God fulfilled His Promise —- “ Turn to me and I will Turn to You.”

So here is where the mistaken idea of “stopping Sinning” to Merit Heaven ( the erroneous view of repentance) can inadvertently lead to one’ s Salvation...If trying to conquer Sin leads you to see that you cant do it and the Holy Spirit That gave you the Self-Insight to see even “That” —— if that Spirit draws you with the CONVICTIOn Of SIN and the Awareness that you NEED a Savior you got Tricked .....the Route that you originally thought would Save you ( mastering Sin) turned out to be Lie.....but it lead you to your Salvation in spite of yourself and your self-Righteousness...... I you went on to put your Faith in Jesus to do FOR you what you discovered you could NOT do by yourself....you, my friend got “ Born Again” ....you got Saved.....Congrats!
Masterfully put...I laughed throughout because I too have walked the do-it-yourself path that leads us to our knees in desperation when we finally realize we need a Savior...which we have.
Who saves us from ourselves.
Jesus Messiah...the gift Who keeps on giving.
What an awesome God we serve. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of confused, poorly taught people believe sincerely that unless they “ Stop Sinning” , they can’t be Saved. This is what they take the word “ Repentance” to mean ......one has to Repent Of all of their Sins in order to be declared “ Fit For Heaven”

The True Repentance That Saves is the “ TURNING to God , with Faith in Jesus Christ.” Acts 20:22...... “ I told Jews and Gentiles to TURN ( Repent) to God and have Faith in our Lord Jesus) It is literally a “ change of mind” ( from the Greek Metanoia) .....you Change you Mind From thinking that you are “ good enough” to go to Heaven and thinking you can make it on your own somehow , to finally discovering that you CANT be good enough and you need HELP! BIG TIME ! You need a Savior! Then and ONLY then will you have the required Contrite Heart that God is looking for .....the Contrite Heart that cries out..... “ Lord have Mercy on me , a Sinner.....” Onecwill never cry out for the Savior until you see the NEED for that Savior.....

So now let me make my point: If one thinks that Repentance means “ Conquering or Stopping Sin”to Merit Heaven.....let’s go through that process .... I am qualified to teach it .....I tried it .....( spoiler alert— it did not work )

OK ....Lets pretend that I just got told by my Dr that I got one month to live ....it’s time to get serious with God ....I gotta quit all of my Sinning .....I have now officially declared “ I Repent! I will sin no more! Starting NOW! So......I start reading the Bible to find out all of the rules that I must keep and I give it my best shot ......I can sin no more between now and a month from now when I kick the bucket.I check out those Ten Commandments and for weeks I go without Murdering or Committing Adultery .....I grit my teeth , summon up all of my will-Power andxfind myself doing a pretty good job!

But then I made a big accidental mistake.....I got to The New Testament and stumbled across the Sermon on the Mount. Uh-oh. There I discovered refraining from murder and refraining from Adultery was not going to “ cut the mustard” . To continue my life of Repentance which meant to me in my mind I still had to “ not sin anymore” —— it finally hit me ! I could refrain from Adultery sure enough , but Jesus said that to just have a lustful thought was equal to committing Adultery. Well , a man’s gotta do what he has to do—— no more Lustful Thoughts for me !

Well, that worked for about 15 minutes.....in fact the more that I tried NOT to harbor bad thoughts, the more bad thoughts I entertained ......it finally hit me ......despite my good intentions , my attempts to “ quit Sinning” was a Sham. I could not do it ! The harder I “tried” to quit the harder it “ became” to quit . I was reminded of Paul’s struggle in Romans 7......I sincerely “ wanted” to be “ good” , but it just wasn’t in me..... “ Sin” always found a way to overcome the Best of my intentions....I had to “ come to an end of myself” ..... I could not stop Sinning .....what I “ could” do was to swallow my Pride, admit I was a hopeless, helpless Sinner who HAD to have a Savior or I was headed for Hell like a speeding Bullet! Now I understood how that Sinful Publican ( Tax Collector) felt....I had at last been humbled — All that was left for me to do was TURN TO GOD ( the REAL Repentance that God means for Salvation) and cry out , “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me, a Sinner.” Just like the Publican , I was Saved at that moment.....I went home JUSTIFIED —- just like he did.......simply because I “ Repented” ....I Repented God's Way....I finally Turned to Him ......God fulfilled His Promise —- “ Turn to me and I will Turn to You.”

So here is where the mistaken idea of “stopping Sinning” to Merit Heaven ( the erroneous view of repentance) can inadvertently lead to one’ s Salvation...If trying to conquer Sin leads you to see that you cant do it and the Holy Spirit That gave you the Self-Insight to see even “That” —— if that Spirit draws you with the CONVICTIOn Of SIN and the Awareness that you NEED a Savior you got Tricked .....the Route that you originally thought would Save you ( mastering Sin) turned out to be Lie.....but it lead you to your Salvation in spite of yourself and your self-Righteousness...... I you went on to put your Faith in Jesus to do FOR you what you discovered you could NOT do by yourself....you, my friend got “ Born Again” ....you got Saved.....Congrats!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face to you and give you peace.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then let us bury the hatchet and try to learn from this. Again, my apologies if this was getting too personal.
There is no "hatchet" to bury...unless you were wielding one against me.

If you are sincerely repentant about your attack on me, then you are most certainly forgiven...

But if you end up doing it again, I'm afraid that you will have to ask me to forgive you again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, the way to be saved is to resign yourself to the fact that you are a sinner and to resolve that you will be a sinner for the rest of your life...

Repentance is not turning away from sin...it is accepting the fact that you are a sinner and resolving that you will do nothing about the state that you are in as a sinner.

It means accepting the fact that you are forgiven in the midst of willfully sinning against the Lord...

Don't give me any of this nonsense about walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit....for that is trying to save yourself and it will mean losing any salvation that you previously may have had!

:rolleyes::eek:o_O:confused::mad::(:oops:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the way to be saved is to resign yourself to the fact that you are a sinner and to resolve that you will be a sinner for the rest of your life...

Repentance is not turning away from sin...it is accepting the fact that you are a sinner and resolving that you will do nothing about the state that you are in as a sinner.

It means accepting the fact that you are forgiven in the midst of willfully sinning against the Lord...

Don't give me any of this nonsense about walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit....for that is trying to save yourself and it will mean losing any salvation that you previously may have had!

:rolleyes::eek:o_O:confused::mad::(:oops:

I got Two words for this “ Wanton” display of false representation and ignorance in regards to my Biblically Sound Doctrine Of “ Nothing But The Blood”...... those Two Words are—- Pfffttttt!
Whoops! I lied . That’s only “one “ word .I told that lie on purpose and willfully . Grace covers it.
“ where Sin abounds, Grace abounds that much more....” Grace sure ain’t “ fair” , is it? Deal with it. The Fact That Grace is “ unfair” is the best thing that ever happened to you. You are a MUCH Bigger Sinner than you think you are....and you and I and everybody need every last ounce of Grace that we can get...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pathfinder7

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a MUCH Bigger Sinner than you think you are...
No; for I understand that in my flesh, I am the chief of sinners (an even bigger sinner than you).

Fortunately, I do not have to walk according to my flesh.

The more consistently I walk according to the Spirit, the more consistently the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me (Romans 8:4)...i.e. I do not commit sin in the practical sense.

And yes, if I do sin (not in the willful, intentional sense), my sin is indeed covered by the blood of Jesus and I continue to be saved by grace.

Whoops! I lied . That’s only “one “ word .I told that lie on purpose and willfully . Grace covers it.

You've drawn your line in the sand with your doctrine that rebellion is okay with God...my Bible tells me that it is as the sin of witchcraft.

See Luke 16:10...purposefully and willfully lying about how many words you used may appear to be a small thing...but it means that you will also be unfaithful in bigger things.

Wouldn't want to be "you" on the day of judgment....

Reactions: 07-07-07

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't want to be "you" on the day of judgment

Christ took my “ judgement” on the Cross and I spend no time worrying about it....my Like is full of peace and joy....and I have a heart- felt desire to be obedient, and as men measure these things—- I “AM” obedient.....I don’t work at it much at all, if any ....since I received my “ New Heart, all the Big Things That God is concerned about, just seem to occur naturally.....I live my life, enjoy it immensely and bask in the rewards God gave me for obeying His biggest Command, this side of the Cross , which is to REST in His Gospel Of Grace .....Abandoning “ my” Performance and worshipping Him and “ His” Performance, Getting the Terrible Weight of “ Performance -Based” Salvation off of my shoulders....THAT is what True Christianity is all about.....it is my wish that you may you discover it someday.....

I say many things on here that are rather “outlandish”.....More often than not , when I act irreverent ,it’s to grab somebody's Attention .....I want other Believers to have the Assurance Of their Salvation as I do and enjoy the peace and Joy that I have been blessed with.
Many things I write here are extremely “ tongue-in-cheek”..... unfortunately , being a Wise- A** is something that comes naturally to me ( there are others here just like me) ....God and I Are Working on that , btw......Meanwhile , just like any other sins are in my life—- I Trust God to “ blow the whistle” and not let me cross “ too many” lines.....
I am a Playful Guy by Nature.....using this type of communication has many flaws—- Irony, kidding , speaking tongue- in - cheek do not translate well.....even bland statements come off as harsh....
There are some very misguided people in this Forum at times ...DANGEROUS Tares and Spreaders Of Legalism.....religionists That love to spread their Leaven....Those people need to be driven out of here ..... ( these types destroyed many of Paul’s churches in Asia Minor ). Just like Sarah did to Hagar.....” CAST OUT” the Bondwoman and her son( symbols of slaves to Works)
There is room for Mockery at times in these matters....Read 1 kings18:27 ......when the False God Baal was called upon to create a fire at an alter that had been set up......naturally he did not show up.......after hours of waiting , Elijah mocked the false Prophets Of Baal....” Where is your god? Did he have to leave and go take a “You-Know -What?” A nice dose of ridicule for the False Teachers Of his time. An Exasperated Paul told the Perverted Gospel Teachers in His day that insisted on circumcision for Salvation that he wished they would just get out and cut off the entire Thing!
False Teachers Of today should not be surprised if a little mockery gets thrown their way .Perhaos it will drive some of them away.....