Reply: Call no man father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Others are just as guilty, by the way... Holy and reverend is his name... Psalms 111:9.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither of these have anything to do with the topic.

Do you believe Matthew 23:9 was a generalization? Obviously you do. So, what else do you not believe that the Bible says? Maybe matthew 16:16 is a generalization.

it’s not absolute or all those examples o gave you would not be in scripture

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 22 the prime minister under the king having the keys of the kingdom is called father
Matt 16:18 keys to Peter
Well good, then call Joe Biden "Father".

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s not absolute or all those examples o gave you would not be in scripture
That makes no sense. If you don't believe the Bible means what it says just say so.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You probably also have a problem with repeating the same prayer three times?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Yep, I agree.. The whole family is named Jesus. And I even got a verse that says he is the everlasting Father. One of the many reasons why I dont subscribe to the Trinity theory.

So that verse gives you the right to call a priest "Father"? Heck... Then I am one too!

Stoopid!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for this to end! We have someone who doesn't believe the Bible is true in that he doesn't believe in context and believes it is full of generalizations (unless it supports his beliefs) vs. On who believes Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.

One of us believes every word of God is true and is in proper context and the other doesn't. And no, I am not making false accusations... He openly said it.

I can give a verse, and he will deny it is true... Its just a generalization and another verse renders it untrue, as if the Word of God was a poker game where one hand beats another. Thats not how I see the Bible!

If I believe that man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God and someone believes that the Bible is full of generalizations and context isn't important, how will we ever agree?

I will stick with what the Bible says.

Good night.

Reactions: ReChoired

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
- GOD said, “Honor your FATHER and your mother (Exod. 20:12).

- Jesus
said, “Your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).

- Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).

- Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).

- Paul writes, "For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).

- Paul said, "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).

- Once again, Paul writes, "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER" (2 Tim. 1:11).

- Paul emphatically states, "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS" (1 Cor. 12:28).

The asinine anti-Catholic argument that says we are "forbidden" to call men "Father" or "Teacher" is SQUASHED by the Word of God.
Game.
Set.
MATCH . . .
The first beast of Revelation 13 appeared as a leopard. This is a graphic depiction of a Grecian philosophy dominating the minds of those belonging to the beast... The Papacy. While Rome dominated the European world politically, those subject to that political power and those who inherited it, the Papacy, still had Greek philosophical mindsets, which manifested itself in the early years of the Papacy with Origen's and Clement's allegorical methods of biblical interpretation... Which means you can present any scripture and make it to mean anything. Regardless of the context. You, BoL, are a master at this dark art. And you have demonstrated your skills most ably in the above post. Well done. The perfect demonstration of classical Catholic Greek philosophical underpinnings of scriptural "infallibility". Make scripture mean whatever you want, denigrate all others as intellectually inferior, magnify yourself as morally and intellectually superior, use coercion and bullying to bring everyone else under the same false umbrella, and voila.... Catholic"truth".

Reactions: quietthinker

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, I agree.. The whole family is named Jesus. And I even got a verse that says he is the everlasting Father. One of the many reasons why I dont subscribe to the Trinity theory.

So that verse gives you the right to call a priest "Father"? Heck... Then I am one too!

Stoopid!

1. Matthew 18:8
    Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Matthew 18:9
    And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee toenter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

are these absolute also!

Jesus was simply rebuking the pride of the Pharisees

Isa 22:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

peter has the keys of the kingdom
    Peter is father

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You only say that when you THINK it supports your stance. By the way, you dodged the queston I asked you... I suspect tou will continue that trend.

Really? Where? Where does Paul use that word? I'm looking on Biblehub.com and I don't see it! I see ἐγέννησα.... That means begotten. It means to begat or bring forth... Just like I said it did! It does NOT mean father!

Furthermore, you ignore the hard FACT that he did it through Christ and the Gospel.
That he did WHAT through the Gospel?? That he became his FATHER through the Gospel?
That's my point.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first beast of Revelation 13 appeared as a leopard. This is a graphic depiction of a Grecian philosophy dominating the minds of those belonging to the beast... The Papacy. While Rome dominated the European world politically, those subject to that political power and those who inherited it, the Papacy, still had Greek philosophical mindsets, which manifested itself in the early years of the Papacy with Origen's and Clement's allegorical methods of biblical interpretation... Which means you can present any scripture and make it to mean anything. Regardless of the context. You, BoL, are a master at this dark art. And you have demonstrated your skills most ably in the above post. Well done. The perfect demonstration of classical Catholic Greek philosophical underpinnings of scriptural "infallibility". Make scripture mean whatever you want, denigrate all others as intellectually inferior, magnify yourself as morally and intellectually superior, use coercion and bullying to bring everyone else under the same false umbrella, and voila.... Catholic"truth".
This, coming from a person who has bathed in the Scriptural and historical perversions of your false prophetess, Ellen G. White.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black - I don't know WHAT is . . .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

beast like a leopard is concealed hidden
Working behind the scenes
Could refer to the Freemasons
Gnostics has hidden knowledge
And the masons are Gnostics
Full of hidden symbolic meanings

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That he did WHAT through the Gospel?? That he became his FATHER through the Gospel?
That's my point.
But thats not what the verse says.

1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

That does not mean "fathered" like you always say... Go to the original language. I already did that for you: it means in this context to bring forth.

In any sense, you cannot use one verse in the Bible to justify disobeying another verse in the Bible.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This, coming from a person who has bathed in the Scriptural and historical perversions of your false prophetess, Ellen G. White.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black - I don't know WHAT is . . .
Your biases don't refute or alter anything I said.
Full of hidden symbolic meanings
images (29).jpeg iu.jpg 24029poperedshoes.jpg images (28).jpeg images (2).jpeg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your biases don't refute or alter anything I said.
It's not my "biases" you would worry about - but the Scriptural and historical perversions of your false prophetess and founder, Ellen G. White . . .

Matt. 7:15-16
“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? "