Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Now whe nyou have something worthwhile to say....

MJRH ...Just because you don't want to follow it, you consider the word of God in the Bible to be "not worthwhile"...based on your postings that is no surprise to me.
Jesus said "by their fruit they will be known" Matthew 7..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJRH ...Just because you don't want to follow it, you consider the word of God in the Bible to be "not worthwhile"...based on your postings that is no surprise to me.
Jesus said "by their fruit they will be known" Matthew 7..
Yes and everyone knows your fruits. The only truth is in Christ but so many refuse Him claiming teh bible is God. As He said

Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and you dont so you have no life.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

by Him. not your religion not there reliigon not by reading teh bible, not by going to church. not by keeping the law, not by your works not by there works, BY HIM Seems you havnt figured that bit out yet no matter howm many time people tell you. But that is what religion does, makes the p[eople blind and slaves.

"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah, good to see you guys have got right back to re-laying the foundation lol, putting another coat on it, are we? Is it sin we are talking about now; or death? which one? lol

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
Why wouldn't a believer obey Him, and why would a believer continue in sin. Oh ye little faith for your fellow believers. 1 John 5:18
Exactly. There are millions of people who claim to be believers but they are headed for the wide gate to hell while believing they are heading for the narrow gate, and this is due to their spiritual blindness caused by their master Satan, who by their actions (their refusal to obey God's eternal Law) acknowledge him as such. That's why only the obedient will go to heaven and the disobedient to hell.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exactly. There are millions of people who claim to be believers but they are headed for the wide gate to hell while believing they are heading for the narrow gate, and this is due to their spiritual blindness caused by their master Satan, who by their actions (their refusal to obey God's eternal Law) acknowledge him as such. That's why only the obedient will go to heaven and the disobedient to hell.
very true but you dont know Jesus, your glimpse of Him is what you read, as I have said before, He has much to offer you, yet you reject His offer that is dosobedience, what would you do to have a walk with Jesus, to talk to Him to walk with Him to be taught by Him, why is it you prefer the bible to Him who is teh living word.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yikes is anyone not being condemned to hell in here? Lol.

You guys know a future hell is an imaginary invention made from Gehenna and mixing in a little Greek mythology, Hades, right? And even then, they needed some Norse mythology, the Angle translators did, to get the eternal torture part in. And you are licking it up like little kids? Lol.

Your literal interpretation is showing.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman777 said:
That's why only the obedient will go to heaven and the disobedient to hell.
No, it's not about how good you can be. It's about how good Jesus already is. It's about believing on the finished work of the cross.

bbyrd009 said:
yikes is anyone not being condemned to hell in here? Lol.

You guys know a future hell is an imaginary invention made from Gehenna and mixing in a little Greek mythology, Hades, right? And even then, they needed some Norse mythology, the Angle translators did, to get the eternal torture part in. And you are licking it up like little kids? Lol.

Your literal interpretation is showing.
If you believe the lake of fire is make believe, guess again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, it's not about how good you can be. It's about how good Jesus already is. It's about believing on the finished work of the cross.

If you believe the lake of fire is make believe, guess again.
if you believe hell is in some nebulous future, and not in Erets, now, then you are demonstrably following after mythology, and do not understand what Gehenna even is, with all due respect. Why does it never occur to people to question why Greek mythological gods are being invoked, through Anglish translations of Norse mythology, in order to provide us with our current concept of a future "hell?"

This is as demonstrably ridiculous as the assertion that Jesus is going to fly down and save some of us at some undetermined future date, as well. It is a heresy, brought by "women"--the spiritual concept of "women," ladies, actual women is irrelevant here--and well documented and condemned by Ezekiel, and anyone holding it is a closet satanist, and does not know God. It is the musings of the confused, who have a business to run, and cater to peoples' demands to know things for a fact, and ersatz searches for "proof" of some imaginary security that does not exist, and is not from God.

And one is doubly deluded if they think they can ignore works, and refute the Bible where It plainly states, in many, many places, that it is one's works that will be judged.

Which is not to say that hell is make-believe at all--quite the contrary. I mean to say that any concept of some future "hell" in some imaginary time and some imaginary, physical setting is what is the obvious "make believe."

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
And one is doubly deluded if they think they can ignore works, and refute the Bible where It plainly states, in many, many places, that it is one's works that will be judged.
Those who are not written in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire. Read Rev 20:11-15.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Those who are not written in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire. Read Rev 20:11-15.
yes, i know what Rev says, and i also have seen how to understand the implications of "The Revelation of Christ" when i read it, ok. If you think you "know" what that verse is saying, with enough confidence to assure people that you know what it says, and you are sure that that verse is talking about some future day, and some physical place, then i am persuaded of all i need to know to make my own decision, no offense meant. Yes, you will cast "those whose names are not written in the book" within you into the proverbial lake, once you recognize that Jesus did not magically change your mind for you, and that you are a person, conflicted, just like everyone else--at least, if you are not 7 times worse off now, like most Christians. peace

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
and you are sure that that verse is talking about some future day, and some physical place, then i am persuaded of all i need to know to make my own decision, no offense meant.
Of course it's talking about a future day. The GWT occurs after the 1000 years, lol.

bbyrd009 said:
Yes, you will cast "those whose names are not written in the book" within you into the proverbial lake, once you recognize that Jesus did not magically change your mind for you, and that you are a person, conflicted, just like everyone else--at least, if you are not 7 times worse off now, like most Christians. peace
There are only two types of persons, born again and non born again. You are written in the book of life when you become born again. You seem agitated bbr0r.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course it's talking about a future day. The GWT occurs after the 1000 years, lol.
wadr you are assuming that that must be literal, when "1000 years" is a symbolic phrase that is revealed elsewhere in Scripture.
There are only two types of persons, born again and non born again. You are written in the book of life when you become born again. You seem agitated bbr0r.
no, not agitated at all, and if you know how to interpret these things, and you are sure in your own mind, then that is the truth for you, and i am not trying to change your mind, ok? Follow your heart, and if it leads you to definitions of "saved" people that presuppose that they have followed the standard list of Christian "Laws" required for "salvation," as far as you are concerned, and you do not see any Scripture that refutes your pov, then by all means go with that. I am comfortable assuring you that i do not know.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
wadr you are assuming that that must be literal, when "1000 years" is a symbolic phrase that is revealed elsewhere in Scripture.
It's actually not symbolic. It's a literal 1,000 years. Right now, we're close to 5,777 years in the Jewish calendar I believe. 120 x 50 jubilee = 6,000. 6,000 years of work, 1,000 years of rest, and then the New Earth..https://i.ytimg.com/vi/towfvY461dg/maxresdefault.jpg

Gen 2:2-3 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Gen 6:3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

bbyrd009 said:
no, not agitated at all, and if you know how to interpret these things, and you are sure in your own mind, then that is the truth for you, and i am not trying to change your mind, ok? Follow your heart, and if it leads you to definitions of "saved" people that presuppose that they have followed the standard list of Christian "Laws" required for "salvation," as far as you are concerned, and you do not see any Scripture that refutes your pov, then by all means go with that. I am comfortable assuring you that i do not know.
You're not agitated because you are secure in your unbelief. Numb.

Rom 14:11 It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Phoneman777 said:
Let's all witness our experience doing exactly what Christ said to do first now; leave town and eat what they give you. Who wansa go first?

:D

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
"well, how did i get here?" DByrne
ya i dunno, you think maybe i should just go kill myself or something? :)
lol
haha.no but.
I guess why i'm asking is because when I was a nonbeliever, Christian forums were the last thing on my mind. it's just interesting.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
haha.no but.
I guess why i'm asking is because when I was a nonbeliever, Christian forums were the last thing on my mind. it's just interesting.
ah and why am i an unbeliever, again? i missed that part. ty