Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
accused by your peers, and/or you, of being drunk at the third hour,
Passed that bit havnt you read,

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

the cross is behind me only Jesus and my destination before me, that what dying to self is about, remeber the sons of Zebedee

Mat_20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
Mat_20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

When one has fallen broken on that rock as Christ did, and given his will to God so Gods will can be done, tahn being taken to teh cross so that He can die, thatn death is behind you and life in Christ is all that is ahead, but ver few make it past that cross,

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm
we are all supposed to be led and taught by the Holy Spirit whats that got to do with being drunk?? Still dont understand what you ramble on about at times, Jesus is just not that complicated, man is foolish enough as it is, making things far more difficult than it really is, but what can He do when so many refuse to go to Him to get wisdom and understanding and prefer to lean on there own.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
God is not some cosmic rapist who forces himself on nonbelievers.
Nor does He do so among believers, as well. Proof? Jesus well believed His Father, yet He had to pray, "Not My will, but Thy will be done." Does that sound like compulsion on the part of the Father or surrender on the part of Jesus? Anyone who is depending on some Cosmic Rapist to force them to live right when the example Jesus gave to us is anything but that will wind up sleeping a thousand years too late.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
mjrhealth said:
we are all supposed to be led and taught by the Holy Spirit whats that got to do with being drunk?? Still dont understand what you ramble on about at times
lol it's seem like everyone getting drunk these days. and being raped by god

Phoneman777 said:
Nor does He do so among believers, as well. Proof? Jesus well believed His Father, yet He had to pray, "Not My will, but Thy will be done." Does that sound like compulsion on the part of the Father or surrender on the part of Jesus? Anyone who is depending on some Cosmic Rapist to force them to live right when the example Jesus gave to us is anything but that will wind up sleeping a thousand years too late.
There's no biblical evidence of an NT believer remaining in sin and not repenting. And your idea of grace is bizarre. Do you have the Holy Spirit? Do you know what His Grace and presence feels like? Even if and when a believer holds on to a sin, conviction and discipline can also come in the form of "god leaving you alone". The believer hates this feeling, and all he wants is to get right with God again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Hmm
we are all supposed to be led and taught by the Holy Spirit whats that got to do with being drunk?? Still dont understand what you ramble on about at times,
So, you still do not understand "what i'm rambling on about," and yet you cannot connect this, directly, in any way, with the passage, mjr?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Jesus is just not that complicated, man is foolish enough as it is, making things far more difficult than it really is, but what can He do when so many refuse to go to Him to get wisdom and understanding and prefer to lean on there own.
Ah, and the intimation here is that you can identify these? Then who are they? Because wadr i don't see them. I see many people here, all doing their conscientious best to grasp understanding.

You might see that this is essentially a condemnation of anyone who does not agree with you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You might see that this is essentially a condemnation of anyone who does not agree with you.
People dont need to agree with me, they need to agree with God. Im a man, i am always wrong it is God and Jesus and teh Holy Spirit that are in agreement so when we agree with them than we are right, only because they are right. So many agree with teh bible yet are disagreeing with God, thats why we are supposed to go to Christ to learn from Him.

So, you still do not understand "what i'm rambling on about," and yet you cannot connect this, directly, in any way, with the passage, mjr?
I dont know how your words can be accounted to being drunk in teh spirit, maybe the alcoholic type, certainly not the Holy One. As I Said God is just not that complicated.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so now i am characterized as not spiritual, and less than you, an alcoholic. Same spirit as before, iow, just different phrasing
Dont read so much into it teh flesh loves such things.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
There's no biblical evidence of an NT believer remaining in sin and not repenting. And your idea of grace is bizarre. Do you have the Holy Spirit? Do you know what His Grace and presence feels like? Even if and when a believer holds on to a sin, conviction and discipline can also come in the form of "god leaving you alone". The believer hates this feeling, and all he wants is to get right with God again.
Acts 5:32 KJV says the Holy Spirit is given "to them that obey Him". Whatever "presence" comes to a person living in sin, you can be assured that it isn't holy.

A believer does not hold onto sin when the Holy Spirit calls him to repent, else he ceases to be Jesus' friend and commences to be His enemy. "Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:14 KJV

Yes, the believer senses the irrevocable Law of the Universe that "sin separates the creature from his Creator" by the power of the Holy Spirit leading him to repentance, but it is the choice on the part of the believer alone to repent and turn toward our waiting, loving Heavenly Father.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman777 said:
Acts 5:32 KJV says the Holy Spirit is given "to them that obey Him". Whatever "presence" comes to a person living in sin, you can be assured that it isn't holy.
Why wouldn't a believer obey Him, and why would a believer continue in sin. Oh ye little faith for your fellow believers. 1 John 5:18

Phoneman777 said:
A believer does not hold onto sin when the Holy Spirit calls him to repent, else he ceases to be Jesus' friend and commences to be His enemy. "Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:14 KJV
Exactly. If he does hold on to sin he is miserable, and you can bet it's for a short period. We are called His friends and children.

Phoneman777 said:
Yes, the believer senses the irrevocable Law of the Universe that "sin separates the creature from his Creator" by the power of the Holy Spirit leading him to repentance, but it is the choice on the part of the believer alone to repent and turn toward our waiting, loving Heavenly Father.
Right, and our choice is always to repent. It is the power of the Holy Spirit in us. If you have felt the tug of grace on your heart to repent then you will understand this post.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IYes you know the bible we all see that, but all your writing proves one thing, you dont know Jesus, if you did, you would know that all that Jesus did took care of all that, and we are His friends because we believe Him and in teh works He did. But still so mnay sinner tryong to tell teh world they keep teh "law" when in reality they cant, because they are just like us. Crazy isnt it, the friends of Jesus undoing all His good works because they believe they can be perfect in there own flesh.by there own works.

Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Are you worthy, i am surely not.

and if you where His friend

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

but your insistence on teh law says you are not free.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
.MJRH...you believe in Jesus? Even satan and his demons believe and they tremble with fear because they do not follow His commands James2..are they saved? Are you saved?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJRH...you believe in Jesus? Even satan and his demons believe and they tremble with fear because they do not follow His commands James2..are they saved? Are you saved?
Now whe nyou have something worthwhile to say....