Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
so, a more pertinent question might be where do i put myself on the timeline of the Exodus generation, after i have confessed and believed?
It's called progressive sanctification in the believer Heb 12:4-13.

Phoneman777 said:
It sounds like to me that you you don't want Jesus' example in your life. Jesus said, "Not my will, but Thy will be done", but you seem to say "Not THY will, but MY will be done unless YOU force me to do otherwise."

Yes, a born again believer is no longer a slave to sin, cannot sin because Jesus is in him, and will cease from sin, but NONE OF THIS is accomplished without our consent! God is not some cosmic rapist who forces Himself on anyone - He is a Gentleman Who asks us for permission before He empowers us to cease from sin, cease to be a slave to sin, and be endowed with power to live upright. It's not a "one and done" deal, it's a daily relationship where we are tempted daily and we are called to overcome by His grace daily. In this way, we cease from sin, cease to be a slave to sin, and are guaranteed not to sin.
It sounds like to me that you lack faith in your fellow brethren. God is not some cosmic rapist who forces himself on nonbelievers. Believers on the other hand choose life so there is no rape involved, and they chose their path a lonng time ago.

Oh by the way rape is sin, and there is no sin in Jesus Christ. So when Jesus pours out His Grace on us sinners it's called life, not rape. Nonbelievers usually have wacky ideas about God and who He is, but at least you like to learn.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, a born again believer is no longer a slave to sin, cannot sin because Jesus is in him
And yet you say you sin????

When you are perfect as He is Perfect tahn you may earn the right to tell men to sop sinning, something impossible for man but possible with God, yet ther was none other than Jesus that was found worthy , so I presume that means we all sin because we all fall short. Which is why Jesus died so we would not be condemned. No Guilt......

Nov 2, 2016
USA
mjrhealth said:
And yet you say you sin????

When you are perfect as He is Perfect tahn you may earn the right to tell men to sop sinning, something impossible for man but possible with God, yet ther was none other than Jesus that was found worthy , so I presume that means we all sin because we all fall short. Which is why Jesus died so we would not be condemned. No Guilt......
No guilt..

Dan 9:24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

kaphar: appease
Original Word: כָּפַר
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: kaphar
Phonetic Spelling: (kaw-far')
Short Definition: appease

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, a born again believer is no longer a slave to sin, cannot sin because Jesus is in him
ya, no. Else "i walked out of Egypt, a Free Man, into the Wilderness, and stopped sinning" would be true.

Imo this is just another of the pitfalls of making "born again" some "off/on" experience attained by mis-defining "confession," and making it possible to have accepted Christ with your mouth, one fateful Sunday.

i don't think it works like that, wadr.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it does no good to walk around saying "i have left the world, i don't live there anymore, i am walking with Christ on a higher plane," if you then go and debate the merits of various candidates for office, and vote, and suggest that you are somehow waiting for Christ to do...something, come save you--again, perhaps?--even though you also claim to be already saved, similar to how you are the Body of Christ in one breath, but seek a physical meeting in the clouds with Him the next.

We have a word for this, and it is not kind, wadr to all concerned.

Don't fool yourself, which is the only fooling that matters.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
it does no good to walk around saying "i have left the world, i don't live there anymore, i am walking with Christ on a higher plane," if you then go and debate the merits of various candidates for office, and vote, and suggest that you are somehow waiting for Christ to do...something, come save you--again, perhaps?--even though you also claim to be already saved, similar to how you are the Body of Christ in one breath, but seek a physical meeting in the clouds with Him the next.

We have a word for this, and it is not kind, wadr to all concerned.

Don't fool yourself, which is the only fooling that matters.
Rom 6:14 no longer under law, so why put yourself back there. Are you born again.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
hmm, dunno, what does it take to be "born again?"
Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Reactions: justaname

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
Amen.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Rev 20:15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
dueling verses, lol. a Sword-fight, then. Of course it takes an act of God, because "hating your life" is counter-intuitive to, well, your life. It serves God to make gods from the meanest monkeys in the jungle, which if you have a problem with the "monkeys" part then never mind that, as i meant it as allegory anyway. But you have to ask yourself how much changing your mind is really required to make some declaration about your good intentions, based upon your over-riding fear of hell, where Jesus is concerned. It is strictly self-preservation, a little insurance, just in case, for most people. Still, right now, today, a virtually required ritual to even participate in the world, our world, anyway. Just loudly announce that you are not Christian, one day, in Walmart, standing in line, into your phone, maybe, and see the looks it gets you.

And if you think you can just do it your way, see how quick you get corrected, and understand the Laws that have been put in place in order for you to be considered "born again;" very strict laws. try flouting one, and see what happens. See the lesson in "Re-baptism;" understand what that is a manifestation of. It is a manifestation of misunderstanding, a replacement of a life-changing immersion in a foreign concept into a ritual that gets you approved by men. Well, some men. The ones across the street will assure you that you are doing it wrong, because the head blind guy said the wrong words, didn't hold his mouth right, never-minding that it is supposed to be about you, your immersion...lol. I bet whole books are written on the matter...yup. Lots of em. Run.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Rev 20:15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
it is sorely tempting to make this a future event, when there is really no reason to believe it does not happen every day, IRL, to every person, at some point.
Iow if you judge someone, word of mouth will get back around to you, and your peers are going to roast you for doing whatever death-bringing habit that you have cultivated, stealing their chickens, or their watermelons or whatever (metaphorically speaking, of course), feathering your own nest some kind of way, maybe even legal, strictly speaking, but you'll still get the rep. And God forbid you start with the "they have dismantled me here, but i will rebuild there, taller and stronger, and even harder to tear down." There is your lake of fire, maybe. Notice the syntax, even. We are led to believe this is a future event, and so reading the word "was" in there leads one to a certain understanding, when there are other ways to read it that are equally valid. Moreso, in the context of "Understand I AM."

and the "book of life" might be understood to be written in our daily conversations with our peers, in our community; right from our "breath," iow. This guy is doing great, that guy is messing up; let's toss him in the Lake...lol.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
it is sorely tempting to make this a future event, when there is really no reason to believe it does not happen every day, IRL, to every person, at some point.
The Great White Throne occurs after the 1,000 years. The 1,000 years have not begun yet. Rev 20:4-6.

bbyrd009 said:
and the "book of life" might be understood to be written in our daily conversations with our peers, in our community; right from our "breath," iow. This guy is doing great, that guy is messing up; let's toss him in the Lake...lol.
No, lol. To be written in the book of life is based on belief Rom 10:9, not works. You must be born again to be written in the book of life.

1 John 5:12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Great White Throne occurs after the 1,000 years. The 1,000 years have not begun yet. Rev 20:4-6.
ha ok, well i would caution against getting married to any definitions, at least until you have been openly and repeatedly accused of being drunk at the third hour, ok.

No, lol. To be written in the book of life is based on belief Rom 10:9, not works. You must be born again to be written in the book of life.

1 John 5:12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
same thing. You are suggesting to me that the Book must be interpreted your way, and cannot reflect any other truth. Iow It is not in fact alive, and It can be read like any other Book, and that must mean this, and no, that does not mean that. Iow you know, whereas i have no problem admitting to you that i made that up on the spot, that Lake thing, and i have no idea, ok. See what you will see. If "the Revelation of Christ" is some future event to you, then there you go. But i tell you that they say the old wine is better.

And, taking an unflinching look at your pov here, how many days old were you, into your rebirth, when you got this one? Provided to you? One? And don't get me wrong; lots of people believe it, and if it yields fruit for you, i have no desire to change your mind.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
ha ok, well i would caution against getting married to any definitions, at least until you have been openly and repeatedly accused of being drunk at the third hour, ok.
Rev 20:4-5 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

bbyrd009 said:
You are suggesting to me that the Book must be interpreted your way, and cannot reflect any other truth.
What other truth. There is only one truth. Jesus Christ.