Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here your own argument style works against you. Then why are you trying to teach me? Why are you trying to "lord it over" me?

Because you believe the Holy Spirit is teaching you the truth, yet from your position you should never share that truth with anyone...impractical.

The Holy Spirit can and does work with all He indwells. This means He can be working from inside me to tell you something right now.
Lord it over you, have I demanded that you follow me, have I demanded that you even "believe" me, all i did was simp0ly point out theer is only one way, and that is Christ and that He gave us a teacher, Now if you dont want them thats no skin of my nose, if you would rather follow a pastor or be part of a religion, thats fine to, but as it says, animals only produce after there own kind, the catholic church produces catholics the SDA church produces SDa's teh morman church mormans only Christ produces Christians,

So choose whom you will be like???

Reactions: bbyrd009

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
Keep his commandments which nobody can do. We break them every day, but Phoneman is the exception.

You sin every day Phoneman. You preach self-righteousness and are a fool. That's why the obedient Pharisees will be in hell on judgment day. If you want life go to Jesus. John 5:39-40.
Heb, don't hand me that "nobody can keep the commandments" garbage. The smoker who claims he can't quit would quit cold turkey if a gun was placed to the head of his child and he was told that next time he lights up, the child dies.

The reason you slaves to sin get so bent out of shape at those of us who daily gain victory over sin by the power Jesus gives us to overcome it is because you slaves really don't love Jesus - you look Him dead in the eye and watch the pain crawl across His face as you indulge your filthy habits and then have the nerve to demand that His blood cover them. If that's your concept of "love", then I'd hate to see how you treat those you despise.

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy" Proverbs 28:13 KJV

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's called being not god. Only God was perfect in thought and action. It's not really about who can keep the commdandments the best like a competition in football. Who is the goodest person. It's rather who is the one that has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is covered by His blood. Matt 25:33.
If your "personal relationship" with Jesus consists of daily breaking His heart by doing things that made necessary His unspeakable suffering and death on the Cross in the first place, then you're "personal relationship" is actually an "abusive relationship" and I don't like anyone abusing my Savior, so please stop doing so.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justaname said:
I wonder if in your last section here you realize your own inconsistency? Why should we recognize your proposed consultation or axiom concerning Mr. NetChaplin? Your argument is self-refuting.

While the Scriptures are our only rule of faith and practice (Mt 15: 3-9), God’s Spirit has guided the church through the ages as it has sought to rightly understand that Word. Even conservative theologian Herman Bavinck was quick to warn against the views of some who attempted to produce a theology from the Bible alone with no guidance from the church. In misguided attempts to elevate Scripture, they often mistreated God’s holy Word by isolating it from the body of Christ and ignoring the insights of others. The skilled interpreter must learn crucial historical, linguistic and literary information about the diverse writings contained in Scripture and recognize that “presuppositionlessness and objectivity are impossible.” In fact, “so much study and reflection on the subject is bound up with it that no person can possibly do it alone. That takes centuries.” This is why the Spirit guides the church as a body and not just a collection of assorted individuals. “Whoever isolates himself from the church, i.e., Christianity as a whole, from the history of dogma in its entirety, loses the truth of the Christian faith.” God has put us into a body, the church— for our worship is not a solo but a chorus of praise (see 1 Cor 14: 26).

Kapic, Kelly M. (2012-08-05). A Little Book for New Theologians: Why and How to Study Theology (Kindle Locations 859-869). InterVarsity Press. Kindle Edition.
JAN, the truth is that anyone who has two brain cells to rub together recognizes that we are never at liberty break the letter of laws while we strive to keep the spirit of those laws (no one thinks he may hop in bed with a married woman as long as he does not look upon her with lust) --- except when it comes to the Sabbath law. It is then that the whole "Jesus is my Sabbath so I can scrap the 4th commandment" argument gets thrown around because what Christians lack in truth they love to make up for with high sounding platitudes and axioms.

Church leadership is not at liberty to dispense with that which God has ordained. My friend, I suggest you seriously consider observing the Sabbath. Just before sunset on Fri night, shut out the world - bills, chores, employment, etc. and gather with the family or church brethren and draw close to God during these sacred hours. The blessing that He has placed on the Sabbath yet rests upon it anew each week, while no such blessing has been bestowed by Him on any other day. Take hold of that blessing by resting on what He proclaims as "My holy day" (Isaiah 58:13 KJV) and experience a taste of what the New Heaven and Earth will be like. :)

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman777 said:
is because you slaves really don't love Jesus - you look Him dead in the eye and watch the pain crawl across His face as you indulge your filthy habits and then have the nerve to demand that His blood cover them. If that's your concept of "love", then I'd hate to see how you treat those you despise.
If that's your concept of what a Christian is, then God help you. All you do is accuse them day and night Rev 12:10, but I stick up for them Rom 8:33. That's the difference between you and me. I have faith in my fellow brethren. You do not.

Phoneman777 said:
If your "personal relationship" with Jesus consists of daily breaking His heart by doing things that made necessary His unspeakable suffering and death on the Cross in the first place, then you're "personal relationship" is actually an "abusive relationship" and I don't like anyone abusing my Savior, so please stop doing so.
and so replied the accusing spirit. that's all your doctrine consists of "if, if, if". you like the idea of Jesus, but you do not go to him to have life. what are you waiting for?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman cannot live one day without sinning. If he can, he is God. All hail to Phoneman.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
is because you slaves really don't love Jesus - you look Him dead in the eye and watch the pain crawl across His face as you indulge your filthy habits and then have the nerve to demand that His blood cover them. If that's your concept of "love", then I'd hate to see how you treat those you despise.
Problem isnt it Pm, you have already admiited once many posts ago, so we all know you sin therefore you are not keeping His commandments are you?? and if you say you dont sin than we all know you are a liar, you know this bit

1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

So you see you have by all your own words admitted to breaking teh commanments you in teh "flesh" are trying so hard to keep. Its when we come to Christ,

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Free from what

Rom_5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

but to do this

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

but what can i say, you and HTE already have proved all your works are of your own and of the flesh. and what does God think of it

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

When it is our works it is none of His and there fore is of teh devil. When will you give Him 5 min of your time???

And His commandments

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

And where is love that leads one into bondage. If we are the sinners thay why are you so mad at us for not doing as you do???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(no one thinks he may hop in bed with a married woman as long as he does not look upon her with lust) -
Whay are you even thinkg such things ??

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
JAN, the truth is that anyone who has two brain cells to rub together recognizes that we are never at liberty break the letter of laws while we strive to keep the spirit of those laws (no one thinks he may hop in bed with a married woman as long as he does not look upon her with lust) --- except when it comes to the Sabbath law. It is then that the whole "Jesus is my Sabbath so I can scrap the 4th commandment" argument gets thrown around because what Christians lack in truth they love to make up for with high sounding platitudes and axioms.

Church leadership is not at liberty to dispense with that which God has ordained. My friend, I suggest you seriously consider observing the Sabbath. Just before sunset on Fri night, shut out the world - bills, chores, employment, etc. and gather with the family or church brethren and draw close to God during these sacred hours. The blessing that He has placed on the Sabbath yet rests upon it anew each week, while no such blessing has been bestowed by Him on any other day. Take hold of that blessing by resting on what He proclaims as "My holy day" (Isaiah 58:13 KJV) and experience a taste of what the New Heaven and Earth will be like. :)
We have a thread about keeping the shabot. Please take up this discussion there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Phoneman777 said:

i am with you on this, and coming from a Southern Baptist beginning, this was kind of a hard lesson for me to learn; Obama's making of Shabbat into "Small Business Day" actually helped. Plus, the realization that Shabbat will be kept "in the new kingdom," and i came to see that when you put that with "the kingdom has come near you," you maybe start realizing that you are not waiting on God, or Christ, whatever, for any "return;" Christ is waiting on you, waiting on a "prepared bride." The blessings have been many, from this, even if they took a year or so to manifest, and i don't usually go around proselytizing it; my secular friends just know that i am not available on Saturday, unless they come over, which they are invited to do. And i explore "rest" a little differently every Saturday. It's been quite interesting.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
i am with you on this, and coming from a Southern Baptist beginning, this was kind of a hard lesson for me to learn; Obama's making of Shabbat into "Small Business Day" actually helped. Plus, the realization that Shabbat will be kept "in the new kingdom," and i came to see that when you put that with "the kingdom has come near you," you maybe start realizing that you are not waiting on God, or Christ, whatever, for any "return;" Christ is waiting on you, waiting on a "prepared bride." The blessings have been many, from this, even if they took a year or so to manifest, and i don't usually go around proselytizing it; my secular friends just know that i am not available on Saturday, unless they come over, which they are invited to do. And i explore "rest" a little differently every Saturday. It's been quite interesting.
coming from one who doesn't believe in confessing and believing to be saved. the religious are so easy to pick out of the litter.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
coming from one who doesn't believe in confessing and believing to be saved. the religious are so easy to pick out of the litter.
well, now you are dragging your opinion from another thread to here, and insinuating...no, i guess you are just outright accusing me, of not believing what the Book says, about confession and belief, when i have just finished a closer look at that concept, and in any case made plain before you posted this that i do believe in confession and belief, quite strongly, and so, whenever you wish to apologize to me (and stranger, too, for that matter), we can resume this discussion, ok? Have a nice afternoon.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
well, now you are dragging your opinion from another thread to here, and insinuating...no, i guess you are just outright accusing me, of not believing what the Book says, about confession and belief, when i have just finished a closer look at that concept, and in any case made plain before you posted this that i do believe in confession and belief, quite strongly, and so, whenever you wish to apologize to me (and stranger, too, for that matter), we can resume this discussion, ok? Have a nice afternoon.
what did you confess and what did you believe

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's your concept of what a Christian is, then God help you. All you do is accuse them day and night Rev 12:10, but I stick up for them Rom 8:33. That's the difference between you and me. I have faith in my fellow brethren. You do not.

and so replied the accusing spirit. that's all your doctrine consists of "if, if, if". you like the idea of Jesus, but you do not go to him to have life. what are you waiting for?
Sorry, but the diff is that you distort the meaning of and cling to one text while I embrace the whole Bible in its proper context, as proven below:

Romans 8:33 KJV contains the key operative word "forgiven", which is past tense, which refers to sins that we, by God's divine power given to us, have ceased to practice, and for which no man may accuse or condemn us. You desperately wish for that text to apply to sins that are currently practiced by practitioners whose only desire is not to gain victory over them, but to presumptuously hide them under a cover of what they believe is "grace" which is actually "disgrace" - precisely what David referred to as "the great transgression" of "presumption" (Psalms 19:18 KJV).

Now, if you insist on being a "one verse Bible bandit", then go your way, but if you want truth, then meditate on Proverbs 28:13 KJV: "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman cannot live one day without sinning. If he can, he is God. All hail to Phoneman.
We can do "all things" through Christ Who strengthens us. Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do things that made necessary the horrible torture and death of the Savior you claim to love. You do them b/c you want to.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justaname said:
We have a thread about keeping the shabot. Please take up this discussion there.
JAN, while this thread is intrinsically tied to the Sabbath issue because it puts forth the idea of "Christian rest" - the popular idea used to excuse the dismissal of the command that we literally rest on the seventh day of the week - it is not my intention to debate the Sabbath here at all.

My point is for us to critically examine the popular axiom upon which the above idea is based - that "the spirit of the law allows for the disregard for the letter of the law". Do you agree that this axiom is based on a flawed interpretation of Paul's words from which it is derived by reason of the absurdity of making the claim based on it that we may commit adultery as long as we don't lust after the person with whom we commit adultery or murder as many people we like as long as we are not angry with them?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
JAN, while this thread is intrinsically tied to the Sabbath issue because it puts forth the idea of "Christian rest" - the popular idea used to excuse the dismissal of the command that we literally rest on the seventh day of the week - it is not my intention to debate the Sabbath here at all.

My point is for us to critically examine the popular axiom upon which the above idea is based - that "the spirit of the law allows for the disregard for the letter of the law". Do you agree that this axiom is based on a flawed interpretation of Paul's words from which it is derived by reason of the absurdity of making the claim based on it that we may commit adultery as long as we don't lust after the person with whom we commit adultery or murder as many people we like as long as we are not angry with them?
This is not a topic about The Law rather about our new residency in Christ. Rest in this context is speaking about assurance and remaining. The axiom you present is not contained in the OP. Feel free to start your own thread.

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Phoneman777 said:
Sorry, but the diff is that you distort the meaning of and cling to one text while I embrace the whole Bible in its proper context, as proven below:

Romans 8:33 KJV contains the key operative word "forgiven", which is past tense, which refers to sins that we, by God's divine power given to us, have ceased to practice, and for which no man may accuse or condemn us. You desperately wish for that text to apply to sins that are currently practiced by practitioners whose only desire is not to gain victory over them, but to presumptuously hide them under a cover of what they believe is "grace" which is actually "disgrace" - precisely what David referred to as "the great transgression" of "presumption" (Psalms 19:18 KJV).

Now, if you insist on being a "one verse Bible bandit", then go your way, but if you want truth, then meditate on Proverbs 28:13 KJV: "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
Underline: No, it's also future tense like the word kaphar in Dan 9:24. It means that Jesus put an end to sin in his own body when He died on the cross. The "end of sin" is mercy, forgiveness. This came at Christ's death and resurrection for those who believe in him, not the whole world, and not at the end of the 70th week.

This is when Christ brought in "everlasting righteousness" to those who believe, an invitation to take part in in his righteousness which lasts forever. From there on it doesn't cease, and the door opened for every generation to come. No more sacrifices required, only sacrifices of the heart.

So it doesn't mean that sin stops all of a sudden, but the invitation to end sin in the individual who accepts Christ...it started then. In Dan 9:24, kaphar is translated appease or to cover over, as in, our sins and guilt of sin are counted no more because we've been forgiven.

Rom 8:33 is about the elect of God. Neither death nor life will separate them from God, Rom 8:38-39. Do you wanna be God to save your own life, or do you want to go to God to have life. I'm guessing you are striving to be God, no?

Matt 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

John 5:39-40 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Underline: No, it's also future tense like the word kaphar in Dan 9:24. It means that Jesus put an end to sin in his own body when He died on the cross. The "end of sin" is mercy, forgiveness. This came at Christ's death and resurrection for those who believe in him, not the whole world, and not at the end of the 70th week.

This is when Christ brought in "everlasting righteousness" to those who believe, an invitation to take part in in his righteousness which lasts forever. From there on it doesn't cease, and the door opened for every generation to come. No more sacrifices required, only sacrifices of the heart.

So it doesn't mean that sin stops all of a sudden, but the invitation to end sin in the individual who accepts Christ...it started then. In Dan 9:24, kaphar is translated appease or to cover over, as in, our sins and guilt of sin are counted no more because we've been forgiven.

Rom 8:33 is about the elect of God. Neither death nor life will separate them from God, Rom 8:38-39. Do you wanna be God to save your own life, or do you want to go to God to have life. I'm guessing you are striving to be God, no?

Matt 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

John 5:39-40 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
You're preaching a false Gospel that says grace applied to the heart does not change us, just God's opinion of the sin we continue to commit. Grace changes us completely. That's what "new birth", "new creature" and "born again" means. You now no longer plow forward headlong in servitude to sin, but you now strive to live as He lived with grace available for any mistakes along the way. Grace is BOTH pardon for sin AND power to overcome it, not just pardon.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justaname said:
This is not a topic about The Law rather about our new residency in Christ. Rest in this context is speaking about assurance and remaining. The axiom you present is not contained in the OP. Feel free to start your own thread.

Thanks!
Are you aware of what's liberals are doing at conservative venues where the likes of Milo, Shapiro, and others are attempting to speak?