rethinking the prophets...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A lot of things could happen "at any time." You're just proving my point. Instead of calling yourself a "prophet," you're calling yourself a "messenger." A distinction without a difference?
A big difference! I point out what pastors and Bible scholars avoid; what the Bible Prophets wrote, unfulfilled world events that can and must take place before Jesus Returns.
Secular people and governments know there is coming dramatic changes to the world. Christians continue with their Commission, Matthew 28:19-20, but somehow seem unable to comprehend the truths of what the Lord will soon do and what our destiny is.

I can only think that this is how the Lord wants it to be. On the Day of the fiery test, 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15, it will be hard for everyone, but to know about it and what will result; will be a big help to get thru it all.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, thanks for the diversion. I'm having a difficult time getting over this turn of events. I would've thought God would answer the prayers of so many Christians in the US--on matters as important as the family and abortion. But I have no idea how many Christians are genuine Christians, and what God's plan is overall.

There is the inference that God tolerates the progress of evil for the very purpose of gathering them into a circle for judgment. Sort of like Samson did when all of his enemies were gathered together to make sport of him, and the whole building collapsed on them, destroying the group as a whole.
Randy,
God is in control, Pray and he will give you peace to face what is coming upon the nations. All of this was ordained in scriptures, In Fact many saw Trump as a reprieve for the church To get their focus right. To learn to trust in the providence of God means to NOT place your faith in governments of men.
I am seeing many a believer dejected and in fear of what is coming, But what is coming pales in comparison to the coming of Christ. Look Up, for your redemption draws nigh.... The Joy of the Lord is our strength. Read my post from earlier today, it was meant as encouragement.

The Tyrant Kings of nations are falling.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not over yet.

But have you ever thought, the money changers tables could have been flipped here, if Trump doesn't get re-elected?
They are all false . I TRIED TO Warn us . PEROID . i saw what was coming , but an all inclusive group of conservatives
and liberals want nothing to do with a man that is neither . SLEEP in the bed you made america is all i can say .
I WILL never bow to ROME or the all inclusive . DO you clearly understand what this means .
ITS means i will soon be hated by both parties , all men. YET i shall rejoice through it all . I TRIED to lead us back into bibles only .
FOLKS dont want that . SO you all are on your own .

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are all false . I TRIED TO Warn us . PEROID . i saw what was coming , but an all inclusive group of conservatives
and liberals want nothing to do with a man that is neither . SLEEP in the bed you made america is all i can say .
I WILL never bow to ROME or the all inclusive . DO you clearly understand what this means .
ITS means i will soon be hated by both parties , all men. YET i shall rejoice through it all . I TRIED to lead us back into bibles only .
FOLKS dont want that . SO you all are on your own .
What did you see coming?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy,
God is in control, Pray and he will give you peace to face what is coming upon the nations. All of this was ordained in scriptures, In Fact many saw Trump as a reprieve for the church To get their focus right. To learn to trust in the providence of God means to NOT place your faith in governments of men.
I am seeing many a believer dejected and in fear of what is coming, But what is coming pales in comparison to the coming of Christ. Look Up, for your redemption draws nigh.... The Joy of the Lord is our strength. Read my post from earlier today, it was meant as encouragement.

The Tyrant Kings of nations are falling.

I've been a Christian for decades (walking with the Lord), and I've never seen anything like the apostasy my country, the US, is going through right now. The politics of the Left make me ill. And I've lost trust in the ability to discern what God is saying.

What you're saying is very close to what I was sharing with my wife earlier, that God actually allows the Church to be defeated in Dan 7 and in Rev 13. This is something I've been declaring for decades now, that the Pretrib Rapture is a hoax, and that we need to take seriously what Paul explicitly warned in 2 Thes 2, that the spirit of Antichrist is already here, and threatens our spiritual stability.

We simply have to be prepared for setbacks, because they will intensify as the Christian West falters and falls back further and further in the direction of the Antichrist Kingdom. Thanks for your word of encouragement. I agree--the world is not my home--I'm just passing through. :)

Reactions: David H.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're saying is very close to what I was sharing with my wife earlier, that God actually allows the Church to be defeated in Dan 7 and in Rev 13. This is something I've been declaring for decades now, that the Pretrib Rapture is a hoax, and that we need to take seriously what Paul explicitly warned in 2 Thes 2, that the spirit of Antichrist is already here, and threatens our spiritual stability.
The pre-teib rapture being a hoax is a hoax. Basing the tribulation on an election is false prophecy. The last 4 years brought more peace to the world, at the expense of politics. Instead of the church praying the Republicans should win, the prayer should have been asking God to remove wickedness from every heart. The fact that some moral righteous giants were themselves in sin, is telling. It is not about the rights of the right. It is about asking God to forgive us at the grass roots level of our own wickedness. God can still heal our land, cause the church can still do the right thing. Being dejected because their will was not granted is the wrong answer to the problem of sin.

We may have seen the greatest divide of sheep and goats in this vote. Only God can judge, but only goats would vote against God and continue doing that which is abhorrent to God, in the name of legality. To say God cannot remove the church soon has nothing to do with tribulation at all. The church will be removed so God can concentrate on the sheep and the goats. Neither of these two groups can be the church. These are liberals who are part of an established man made religion, but not part of the body of Christ. It was the religious Sanhedrin full of religious leaders and their religious followers that rejected Jesus the first coming. It was not the politics of other nations.

Many will be surprised at the rapture because they will realize it was not religion at all, but God. So those who rely on religion to get them through God's judgment, they are rejecting the point that God already judged the church. The tribulation is not about enduring God’s unnecessary judgment. God is removing humans from the physical in preparation of the coming 1000 year Day of the Lord. The Second Coming is not at the battle of Armageddon. The Second Coming happens after almost 2 billion people die in a war, that is caused by hunger, pandemic, disgruntled humans, and wild beast. Is the US election the trigger point? I doubt it, but it does show where the church is at, and revival does not happen unless the church herself gets right with God. War could be Satan countering a revival. The US turning against God, could be a Nineveh event, but which nation turning to God in a day, used by God to start a war that kills 25% is up in the air. Can the US realize their mistake on election day, and ask God for forgiveness? Or will the US be the center of God separating the sheep and goats after the church is taken out of the way?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a Christian for decades (walking with the Lord), and I've never seen anything like the apostasy my country, the US, is going through right now. The politics of the Left make me ill. And I've lost trust in the ability to discern what God is saying.

We simply have to be prepared for setbacks, because they will intensify as the Christian West falters and falls back further and further in the direction of the Antichrist Kingdom. Thanks for your word of encouragement. I agree--the world is not my home--I'm just passing through. :)

It's not over yet! There is obviously massive fraud, hundreds of people involved, a conspiracy, a well planned assault with hundreds of millions of dollars spent to get rid of Trump.
Romans 13:1 - 2 says God appoints all authorities and whoever resists these authorities brings judgment on themselves.
We have faith and we have a rational mind to sort through this.
Without going into details, since Trump was elected, the Left has tried everything to get rid of him and nothing worked. Trump appointed three Supreme Court Judges, created prosperity and kept us safe - all good things. Was this just a temporary lift out of a depressed dark cloud? Maybe. Was light shed on evil? Yes.
ISAIAH 5:20 warns us of the times we are in, when good means evil, evil means good and darkness means light. Woe to them he says! Keep in mind, somewhere during this tribulation period, God sends out a strong delusion, so that they believe the lies. They are living in an upside down world, with a distorted view of reality. Blind, they are not capable of seeing.
But consider this, given that God appointed Trump to do all this good, protectes him along the way, thwarted every attack against him, succeeded in creating a nation wide rally of love for him, backed by prayers; why would God put a halt on all these blessings and appoint Biden? I can only think of one reason: To usher us into the One World Government, controled by the Antichrist ( which is prophesied to happen).
We took sides. Good and evil were made prevalent for us to clearly witness. Now, under this dark cloud, we pray. For what? For Trump to win and try to fix the country _ again? He can't fix this country. It is too corrupt and has been descending into immorality since the sixties. There is not only a swamp in government, there is corruption everywhere. And so the only one who can fix the world is Jesus.
But still, God may have appointed Trump and so he may pull through this with the help of the SCOTUS, after light is shed on all the fraud. So what then? MAGA? We still have Satan, the Antichrist and their elite army wanting to dismantle the USA as we know it. What would be their final hand? More pestilence (Covid-19 and Covid - 21), and/or war- whatever it takes to collapse the economy. Trump (given that he built up our military), would be the one needed, the one who would not hesitate to press buttons when the Rider on the Red Horse comes (could that be Red China?).
It's not over yet! Earlier this year I believe we entered into the "beginning of sorrows" and so we are just getting started. We were warned that these times would be the most stressful times. Have faith until that last trumpet to blows.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So many of them called this election for Trump, and it hasn't turned out that way.
The election is far from over. Indeed, if there was any shred of integrity in any branch of government, this fraudulent election would be deemed null and void. Let's hope the Supreme Court rules thus.

As to modern prophets, they are not to be trusted, since the apostles and prophets are to be found only in Scripture.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The pre-teib rapture being a hoax is a hoax.
That comment clearly reveals your ignorance about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. But since it is off topic, I will post a separate thread to refute your statement.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But consider this, given that God appointed Trump to do all this good, protect him along the way, thwart every attack against him, succeed in creating a nation wide rally of love for him, backed by prayers; why would God put a halt on all these blessings and appoint Biden?
Did God appoint Biden this time around? Biden was appointed once. He had 8 years in office. The strange point is that God may have given us the will of the people, since Biden is not a new appointee. If any one who claims to be of Christ and voted liberal against the very Word of God, that is not a God appointment. The young nation of Israel clamored for a king "like every one else". They rejected God, for a worldly mindset. Was Saul good for them?

Religion will have put Biden in office, not God. Regardless of his personal defects which Trump may have overplayed, God accomplished enough in 4 years. God will not let Biden undo that. The longer God withholds the Second Coming, the longer the church has to repent. Only God knows if the church will repent, but God is not waiting on that repentance. God is just patient and long-suffering to those lost in their sin. The harlot church will be the biggest opposition to the Lamb doing His earthly ministry, like the Sadducees and Pharisees of the first coming. Biden winning would just be one last shallow victory of the religious elite.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pre-teib rapture being a hoax is a hoax. Basing the tribulation on an election is false prophecy.

I get it--you were offended by the peripheral element including my Postrib belief. But this really wasn't central to the point. Being misled by apparent Christian expectations was! This had nothing to do with Christians being corrupt or deceptive but rather about Christians being wrong in the way we view our expectations from God. And yes, this can mislead others. It does not speak primarily of "corruption."

The last 4 years brought more peace to the world, at the expense of politics.

Brother, I have no idea where you're coming from in saying this? Nothing about the last 4 years has brought anyone peace! Perhaps you're talking about Trump's modest use of military strength and a solid use of negotiating prowess overseas? But within the US there has been no peace at all, after 2 years of investigation into a false "Russian Hoax," an impeachment of a President, and riots in the streets!

Instead of the church praying the Republicans should win, the prayer should have been asking God to remove wickedness from every heart.

That is extremely judgmental of you! How on earth do you know Christians weren't sincerely praying for this? I would venture to say they were praying for this, just as I know my own church was and my own family was!

The fact that some moral righteous giants were themselves in sin, is telling.

What "moral giants" are you talking about? There are always a few Christian leaders who compromise or who fall into sin. But I wouldn't suggest that support for Trump means that the Christians who supported them were "in sin" just because he lost the election!

It is not about the rights of the right. It is about asking God to forgive us at the grass roots level of our own wickedness. God can still heal our land, cause the church can still do the right thing. Being dejected because their will was not granted is the wrong answer to the problem of sin.

I'm sorry--perhaps you are above the fray and emotionally immune to such "worldly" things? In reality, I respect more those who are honest about their feelings. I think you're right to some degree. But your judgmentalism is telling. Who said Christians have not been sincerely praying for healing in our land? What makes you think that just our praying for this is not just more of what I'm talking about, that this prayer does not necessarily result in the healing of our land? I'm discovering that all the prayer in the world, no matter how noble, will effect that change if God sees in the hearts of people in our land and recognizes they don't choose to repent. I don't know what numbers will move God to heal our land, but I should think that if Achan can cause all Israel to fall, then a strong minority group of hostiles in the US can bring the entire nation down?

We may have seen the greatest divide of sheep and goats in this vote. Only God can judge, but only goats would vote against God and continue doing that which is abhorrent to God, in the name of legality. To say God cannot remove the church soon has nothing to do with tribulation at all. The church will be removed so God can concentrate on the sheep and the goats. Neither of these two groups can be the church. These are liberals who are part of an established man made religion, but not part of the body of Christ. It was the religious Sanhedrin full of religious leaders and their religious followers that rejected Jesus the first coming. It was not the politics of other nations.

My comments were not designed to perpetuate the Postrib/Pretrib debate. They were just how I, as an individual, look at the situation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not over yet! There is obviously massive fraud, hundreds of people involved, a conspiracy, a well planned assault with hundreds of millions of dollars spent to get rid of Trump.

Good post. Thanks Ron! Lots of good material in there, and I couldn't say it better.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The election is far from over. Indeed, if there was any shred of integrity in any branch of government, this fraudulent election would be deemed null and void. Let's hope the Supreme Court rules thus.

As to modern prophets, they are not to be trusted, since the apostles and prophets are to be found only in Scripture.

If there are still prophets legitimately prophesying today, I need to discern them properly, and to expose those who speak out of their own imaginations--I suspect there are many?

I hope you're right about the election being put right. But I tend to doubt it. The corruption has been so deep and so non-stop. It was a sign I may have missed, that the corruption cannot be stopped any longer. Praying for a good government is possibly beyond our reach now, and there is no turning around.

I know that this is extremely pessimistic, but it's where I've had to come during this latest episode in our national life. I think the US is doomed. How long the process of decline will take I don't know. For all I know the US could end up partners with the Antichrist! I certainly hope not!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was getting kind of excited, thinking the prophets were rising again. All kinds of them were coming out of the woodwork, proclaiming this and that. Well, they weren't 100%, but then nobody's 100% perfect, right?

Well, after this last US election, I'm re-thinking my position on the "prophets." So many of them called this election for Trump, and it hasn't turned out that way. So I apologize if I pushed in the wrong direction. I'll have to go back to the drawing board. :(

All of us get swayed by our emotions and desires to see a certain outcome happen. And when one comes in the name of the Lord and assures us our desire is from God, well we more readily accept that. Time and growth in the word and relationship with god does wonder tro cure this passion we all have.

but a prophet of God is 100% right 100% of the time when declaring things in the name of the Lord. If they are 99 44/100% right- that makes them a false prophet.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I post is what the Prophets said.
It is your inability to accept their prophesies, that is the problem. Your objections hold no water unless you can prove where I have posted anywhere, contrary to the Prophetic Word.

For example look at Isaiah 30:26a, where Isaiah says a day is coming when the sun will shine 7 times brighter.....
From the context of that verse and the results of this unusual phenomenon, the only conclusion must be that the sun will explode out a huge, earth directed Coronal Mass Ejection. This is something we know can happen and scientists, incl NASA, warn us about it.
If you have another viable explanation for what God said; thru Isaiah and 2 Peter 3:7, plus about 70 other prophesies about the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath; then lets hear it.

If this happens, it will be at the end of time for all life on earth would be incinerated! And it is not the only conclusion as to what that 7X brighter sun will be. God could just do something else.

To finalize a conclusion like that is premature and foolhardy. That is like Pharaoh calling the miracles of the plagues to natural occurring events. It may be but it may not be1

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are all false . I TRIED TO Warn us . PEROID .

Not all false, LoL. You just need to exercise some discernment. "Most are false" would be accurate. "All are false" would not.
If there are still prophets legitimately prophesying today, I need to discern them properly, and to expose those who speak out of their own imaginations--I suspect there are many?

Correct, Randy. It is a matter of discernment. Personally, I listen to almost no one. There are a few however that I do hold in high regard. Despite stating unequivocally that Trump would win in 2016 months in advance, neither of them prophesied definitively one way or the other on this election. The reason is because so much was hanging in the balance as far as if the church was going to pray like she was commanded to or not. She didn't.

Without wanting to sound too pessimistic, I know the American church, and I knew she likely wouldn't be praying, at least nowhere near to the extent needed to save this election. As a result, I posted dreams several months ago that stated we would have the result that we now have. Trump lost.

But when it comes to the prophetic, everything depends on discernment, from what you hear to what you receive personally. You have to become trained to hear His voice, and block out all else.

God bless,
Hidden

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us get swayed by our emotions and desires to see a certain outcome happen. And when one comes in the name of the Lord and assures us our desire is from God, well we more readily accept that. Time and growth in the word and relationship with god does wonder tro cure this passion we all have.

but a prophet of God is 100% right 100% of the time when declaring things in the name of the Lord. If they are 99 44/100% right- that makes them a false prophet.

Yea, I personally got caught up in the emotions. I really thought promoting Trump in this election was the right thing, the godly thing. I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for those who claim to prophesy, see visions, and know God. From now on, the more you say you know God, the less respect I have for you.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all false, LoL. You just need to exercise some discernment. "Most are false" would be accurate. "All are false" would not.

Correct, Randy. It is a matter of discernment. Personally, I listen to almost no one. There are a few however that I do hold in high regard. Despite stating unequivocally that Trump would win in 2016 months in advance, neither of them prophesied definitively one way or the other on this election. The reason is because so much was hanging in the balance as far as if the church was going to pray like she was commanded to or not. She didn't.

Without wanting to sound too pessimistic, I know the American church, and I knew she likely wouldn't be praying, at least nowhere near to the extent needed to save this election. As a result, I posted dreams several months ago that stated we would have the result that we now have. Trump lost.

But when it comes to the prophetic, everything depends on discernment, from what you hear to what you receive personally. You have to become trained to hear His voice, and block out all else.

God bless,
Hidden

I don't know if that's true or not. I've lost respect for those who claim to speak for God. I'm not listening anymore, except what I hear from God. I know lots and lots of people in my country were praying. There's coming a time when the Christian world will be the Antichristian world. It's already settling upon us.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If this happens, it will be at the end of time for all life on earth would be incinerated! And it is not the only conclusion as to what that 7X brighter sun will be. God could just do something else.

To finalize a conclusion like that is premature and foolhardy. That is like Pharaoh calling the miracles of the plagues to natural occurring events. It may be but it may not be1
Why would God do anything other that what He told us thru His prophets. They do NOT say all life on earth will be incinerated.
But I realize that for you and many, this scenario is unacceptable.

To reject what the Bible prophets say is the epitome of foolishness.