Returning To A 19th Century Standard Of Living Soon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm just worried about the winter snow so I stored up a 2 week supply of food.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feelings on it are pretty basic

1. Trust God, Don't have any fear
2. Keep living
3. Don't trust the media
4. If you do want to do something to feel more secure, make simple practical adjustments here and there as life goes on, and things will usually fall into place on their own.

Mine are the same, but I would add that the first on my list would be to keep investing myself in the Lord, and I am using a financial term deliberately there. I don't mean necessarily by giving, although this is pretty much the kind of situation the Lord was talking about when He said, "Give, and it shall be given unto you. Pressed down and shaken together shall men give unto your bossom." Their standard of living during NT times was also extremely poor compared to ours, but the advice was, "Give to your brethren, and they will in turn be compelled to give to you." And it's true.

But I am talking more specifically about giving oneself ever increasingly unto service to the Lord; in pursuing one's calling and one's purpose in Him. For the believer, everything will become dependent upon just how close they are to Him; the level of faith they walk in, the level of wisdom they are able to attain from Him, the amount of prayer they grow accustomed to giving themselves to, the amount of stress and anxiety they have trained themselves NOT to walk in, so as to still be able to hear the voice of God telling them which way to go, and the steps they need to take to stay safe, continue to be provided for, etc.

I have known for some time that things would eventually get increasingly stressful in the earth, and those who did not train their minds to focus on the Lord and on "that which is of good report" (as you guys were doing above) would be in trouble, because there will be that much more to worry about in the flesh, and the world around us will certainly not go in the direction of peace but rather anxiety.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm just worried about the winter snow so I stored up a 2 week supply of food.

If that's you in your avatar, Devin, you at least should be able to keep warm. I have two dogs and a cat that I sometimes sleep with, so staying warm at night would not be a problem here no matter what. And besides, I live in the South. But heating costs for people up North would be another issue to contend with. Sometimes when I'm watching football games in places like Green Bay, I think, "Those poor people." I used to live in Michigan as a child, but not any more. Give me heat and humidity, thank you. I'm not going back to ice cycles and snowmen, no matter what somebody offered me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And my skills arent part of a apocalyptic preparedness anymore- it is just a basic routine and healthier way of life.

That's good, because in spite of how bad things become, society could be having to endure it for awhile. I suspect it will be a slow and steady decline into worse and worse indebtedness and poverty throughout the world. I hate to bring conspiracy theory into it, but personally I think the powers that be behind the scenes have been planning all this out for a very long time, and they are going to ride this thing down as nice and easy as they can, controlling it all the way as it goes. They want total enslavement some day, like the military guards vision was talking about, and they likely will want to manage it all the way down to the ground so that nothing gets too volatile and the masses become too unruly to handle at any point.

Those people are creepy, Lol. And then you think, "What on earth are they thinking. For a few short years of control in this life, they are going to suffer immensely in eternity for trying to make humanity their slaves." Crazy Satanists...

But like Amigo pointed out, it will just keep getting better and better for us. Even if we suffer persecution, the meek are going to inherit the earth.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The Communist/Marxist/Anarchist plan of the Democrats and Biden is to reduce the USA to THIRD WORLD STATUS.

Almost the same thing, although I personally think they will still want to use this country for military purposes throughout the world, so certain sectors of US technological development will still have to be maintained. But they largely gutted American industry decades ago and shipped it overseas, so I do wonder what all will be left...

Not much likely.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't do much cooking anymore. Just microwave and cooking eggs. I mostly stick to staples but recently added more fresh veggies to my diet. A crockpot sounds like a good idea though.
I was asking because the thought came into my mind that if you weren't feeling too well, or good enough to cook sometimes, how much easier it would be for you.

You can throw everything in, walk away, and it would be done when you're ready. :)

Emphasis on the "easier for you" part.

I think it's a word of knowledge.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking because the thought came into my mind that if you weren't feeling too well, or good enough to cook sometimes, how much easier it would be for you.

You can throw everything in, walk away, and it would be done when you're ready. :)

Emphasis on the "easier for you" part.

I think it's a word of knowledge.
I used to have one years ago and I liked making chili and stew. Nummers.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have one years ago and I liked making chili and stew. Nummers.
I was seeing in my head sort of a chili beans and rice mix, sort of like this picture- with more sauce, but I think that part was my own interpretation of things. Lol

Slow-Cooker-Rice-and-Beans-1-680x1209.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good, because in spite of how bad things become, society could be having to endure it for awhile. I suspect it will be a slow and steady decline into worse and worse indebtedness and poverty throughout the world. I hate to bring conspiracy theory into it, but personally I think the powers that be behind the scenes have been planning all this out for a very long time, and they are going to ride this thing down as nice and easy as they can, controlling it all the way as it goes. They want total enslavement some day, like the military guards vision was talking about, and they likely will want to manage it all the way down to the ground so that nothing gets too volatile and the masses become too unruly to handle at any point.

Those people are creepy, Lol. And then you think, "What on earth are they thinking. For a few short years of control in this life, they are going to suffer immensely in eternity for trying to make humanity their slaves." Crazy Satanists...

But like Amigo pointed out, it will just keep getting better and better for us. Even if we suffer persecution, the meek are going to inherit the earth.
There would be fierce resistance. From above, they look like someone spilled syrup under the fridge.

Did you hear about the organized group marching in DC?

They literally said nothing at all (about race) and walked around peacefully, just held American flags, but they are white supremacist.
images

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There would be fierce resistance. From above, they look like someone spilled syrup under the fridge.

Yeah, Australia is ahead of schedule compared to us as far as government subjugation is concerned. I did some interpretations of several dreams about Australia a year or so ago that I still believe are going to be fulfilled, and how the Catholic Church will eventually join hands with the government there to suppress true Christianity.

Still waiting to see how that shakes out, but they are on schedule, and not in a good way.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we return to a 19th century standard of living the only thing I would worry about would be pain medicine. If I didn’t have access to the nerve pain meds and such, my life would be utterly excruciating.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we return to a 19th century standard of living the only thing I would worry about would be pain medicine. If I didn’t have access to the nerve pain meds and such, my life would be utterly excruciating.

I don't know about nerve pain but I would guess in that case it would probably be something like comfrey salve, avocado soy, and CBD oil.

(I'm guessing I'm not an expert on pain relief)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis I don't know what your convictions are on medicinal use, but I see it on par with 1st Timothy -

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities" (1 Tim 5:23)

If it is used responsibly, and for medicinal use, I think it is good for people who need it.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis I don't know what your convictions are on medicinal use, but I see it on par with 1st Timothy -

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities" (1 Tim 5:23)

If it is used responsibly, and for medicinal use, I think it is good for people who need it.

Yeah with my pain I wouldn’t be able to use it responsibly. It works almost too good. I just know myself and know how powerful “Amber” can be in my life.

But I guess in an apocalyptic situation that may be the only choice which would suck lol. I used to love alcohol, now it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah with my pain I wouldn’t be able to use it responsibly. It works almost too good. I just know myself and know how powerful “Amber” can be in my life.

But I guess in an apocalyptic situation that may be the only choice which would suck lol. I used to love alcohol, now it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.
Lol well if you get desperate during the apocalypse:p, CBD oil takes away the pain without the high. So should be safe.

I have some more work to get done but I'll leave this here in case you're interested in reading about it. :D

Can CBD Cure Chronic Pain?