rev.13 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
gregg-

I'll play ( although I tend to agree with Foreiner... )

John stood before the future peoples and nations of the world, and watched an evil kingdom arise from those people / nations.

Many times sand in The Bible represents multitudes of people ( See Rev 20:8 ), and water also represents people ( ie; Rev 12:15 & 16 ).

^^^This ^^^

It does not say river. river would give a completely different picture.

As for land, then the first mention of land was in the the promise to Abraham. The land between the Euphrates river and the river of Egypt.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
^^^This ^^^

It does not say river. river would give a completely different picture.

As for land, then the first mention of land was in the the promise to Abraham. The land between the Euphrates river and the river of Egypt.
i never mentioned land or river... sand = begining / sea= time /===one day the bible says there will be no more sea.[time] :rolleyes:

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
i never mentioned land or river... sand = begining / sea= time /===one day the bible says there will be no more sea.[time] :rolleyes:

sand = beginning & sea = time??
blink.gif
. Where does it ever say this in the Bible

It says that sea / water = multitudes of people across the nations. That is for a certain.

Land is reference to the second beast (with two horns and looks like a lamb but speaks like a dragon). One came from the sea and the other from the land.

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
Kaoticprofit -

The only people in The Bible who ride white horses are righteous individuals. THAT SIMPLE!
And the first WHITE horse rider is NOT Jesus Christ. He is the end times messenger of God who is sent
by Jesus Christ to testify to The Truth and set-straight misunderstanding concerning prophecy and what is coming.
( See John 15:26 thru 16:15 )

Reactions: gregg

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Kaoticprofit -

The only people in The Bible who ride white horses are righteous individuals. THAT SIMPLE!
And the first WHITE horse rider is NOT Jesus Christ. He is the end times messenger of God who is sent
by Jesus Christ to testify to The Truth and set-straight misunderstanding concerning prophecy and what is coming.
( See John 15:26 thru 16:15 )

God referred to Lucifer as a morning star in Isaiah 14. Does that make him one?

Apostle Paul said in 2 Thess.2 a false one will come to sit in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God, but does that make him God?

Christ warned in Matt.24 and Mark 13 a pseudo Christ will come showing great signs and wonders so powerful in deception that it would almost deceive His own elect, so does that make that false one our Lord Jesus Christ?

What was God's point with all those examples?

popeye

Jul 12, 2011

God referred to Lucifer as a morning star in Isaiah 14. Does that make him one?

Apostle Paul said in 2 Thess.2 a false one will come to sit in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God, but does that make him God?

Christ warned in Matt.24 and Mark 13 a pseudo Christ will come showing great signs and wonders so powerful in deception that it would almost deceive His own elect, so does that make that false one our Lord Jesus Christ?

What was God's point with all those examples?

Ok...the only people who ride white horses in The Rev, are righteous people. The only people who wear crowns in The Rev are righteous people.
If we are studying The Rev, I suppose the symbolism used there, specifically, should be used to identify the righteous.

Stars fall...as Satan did

Paul was referring to the AC in 2 Thess 2.

Mt 24 & Mk 13 says that "there shall arise False Christs and False Prophets". Yes that is true. But show me the connection with that statement and a rider on a white horse with a crown.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ok...the only people who ride white horses in The Rev, are righteous people. The only people who wear crowns in The Rev are righteous people.
If we are studying The Rev, I suppose the symbolism used there, specifically, should be used to identify the righteous.

Where does God's Word support that idea that a white horse rider MUST always represent righteous people? Did only good cowboys in movie westerns wear white hats? Sorry to have to ask that, but that's all the kind of support for your idea you will discover.

Main reason I referred you to the title comparison in Isaiah 14 with the Hebrew word for "Lucifer", is to show Satan wants to be Christ, and tries to steal God's Titles. The KJV translators mistranslated Hebrew 'heylel' to "Lucifer" in the Isaiah 14:12 verse. Here's the NIV translation...

Isa 14:12
12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
(NIV)

Rev 22:16
16 I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
(KJV)

How is it that God calls Satan the "morning star" when our Lord Jesus is The Morning Star per Rev.22:16?

The answer is simple, and also explains why Satan would desire to come on a 'white' horse like Jesus does.

In Isaiah 14, God is MOCKING Satan. God is using Satan's own words against him. God is NOT intending to mean Satan is the morning star, but only that he tries to steal that Title from Christ, because Satan WANTS to be God and His Christ. That is HOW Satan first rebelled against God in the beginning, by coveting God's Throne for himself! In Isaiah 14, God uses Satan's own words to mock him with, the idea being He's telling Satan how much he'd like... to be Christ The Morning Star, but that He is going to show Satan that he is nothing but a man, and not God.

So if Satan would try to steal Christ's Title of The Morning Star, then he certainly would also want to appear riding on a 'white' horse to mimic how Christ comes. Now compare that concept, WHICH IS FROM GOD'S WORD, with your concept of what that white horse can represent.

Then also, that Isaiah 14 concept is repeated again by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2 when he spoke of a false one coming to sit in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. That is the SAME idea of Satan coveting the Throne of God and His Christ.

Then also in Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 Scripture, it's the very same idea...

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

The tense of this false one some will say is Christ is singular, not plural. It's about a singular false Christ the deceived will be proclaiming is come. Jesus said, "believe it not."

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

The Greek for "false Christs" is two Greek words, 'pseudo' and 'Christos'. Greek Christos is singular for Christ. Greek 'pseudo' means false, or fake. Per the context of the previous verse, and the next two verses, we know this is about a specific false one, a singular Antichrist. That false working of his showing "great signs and wonders" is also a link to a singular false one Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2:3-4 and our Lord again in Rev.13:11 forward.

25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, he is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, he is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

So can that false one come riding on a white horse to deceive many into thinking he's our Lord Jesus? You bet he would want to do that, and can, and will.

Apostle Paul also gave yet another warning about this false one that comes first to deceive the whole world. In 2 Corinthians 11 Paul warned the brethren that he was afraid they might accept the "another Jesus", and believe another spirit. Later in that same chapter Paul says no marvel, for Satan himself is transformed ('disguised' per Greek) as an angel of light, and his ministers as the ministers of righteousness!!!

Thus God's Message in Isaiah 14:12; 2 Thess.2:3-4; 2 Cor.11; Rev.13:11-14; Matt.24:23-26; Mark 13:21-22, are related to the same concept of Satan coveting the Place of God and His Christ, and coming to deceive the world into believing it and bowing in false worship to him instead of Christ. Even the Greek word "antichrist" means 'instead of, or in place of, Christ' (Strong's nos. 473 and 5547).

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Thus God's Message in Isaiah 14:12; 2 Thess.2:3-4; 2 Cor.11;
Rev.13:11-14;
Matt.24:23-26;
Mark 13:21-22,
are related to the same concept of Satan coveting the Place of God and His
Christ, and coming to deceive the world into believing it and bowing in false
worship to him instead of Christ.

Only Muslim's will accept the evil dajjal and Mahdi, i.e. the anti-christ and false prophet.

My question is...

How would one man...and with what military... would the anti-christ conquer the nations of the world? What makes anyone think that all the nations of the world would relinquish their political and religious authority to one anti-christ and one false prophet? I consider it illogical to assume that the empire of the man of sin to be a global empire and scripture doesn't support it.

Isaiah 10, 14, 30 and Micah 5 all depict the anti-christ as an Assyrian and that has been ignored by my most interpreters today.

The Assyrian is also called "the king of Babylon!"

The Assyrian anti-christ will not be a global ruler of a one world government. His reign will be limited to ten nations within the Arab/Islamic Middle-East.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Antichrist that is coming to fulfill the prophecy of 2 Thess.2, Rev.13:11 forward, Matt.24 and Mark 13, is going to be Satan himself, on earth in person, de facto. It matters not what the world's religions will call him.

Rev 12:7-17
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

That war in Heaven is the Daniel 12:1 event when Michael stands up, and a time of trouble on earth begins that the world has never seen the likes of before, nor will even again. Christ called that time the "great tribulation" in Matt.24. The reason why that time will be one this world has never seen the likes of before, is because Satan de facto, in person, will be cast down to this earth in OUR material dimension. When his place is no longer found in heaven, it means the heavenly dimension. This event has not happened yet, it's still sometime in our near future.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

That "dragon" title is specifically a title for Satan himself, and not any other. This was not about his first rebellion against God, because of the tribulation links to this casting down to earth. Not only will he be cast down to this earthly dimension, but his angels will be cast down here also. This is why Rev.11 reveals the beast that ASCENDETH out of the bottomless pit will kill God's two witnesses in Jerusalem after 1260 days. That beast will be Satan himself. His ascension out of the bottomless pit is symbolic for this Rev.12 event of his being cast out of the Heavenly dimension to our earthly dimension. As of right now, his place is the bottomless pit which is IN the Heavenly dimension.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

This verse is how we can be sure this event has yet to happen. When Satan first rebelled, Christ had not yet come to die on the cross. The power of Christ as The Saviour had not yet come back when Satan first rebelled against God. But at this point in time when Satan is cast out of the pit in the Heavenly, down to our earthly dimension, then in Heaven that will be said. Until then, Satan is still in the Heavenly dimension today accusing us before God. His spirit has power to work on this earth today, but he is not here on earth in person, yet. But he is coming, along with his angels.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

This is yet another time marker for this casting out being specifically for the great tribulation time, and not any other time. This prophecy about those who refuse the image of the beast, and his mark, etc., involves Christ's elect giving a Testimony during the tribulation, and some of them are beheaded for it.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Those in the Heavenly will rejoice when Satan is cast out of the Heavenly dimension to the earth. But WOE to the inhabitors of the earth and of the sea. Why? Because Satan is going to come here in person to deceive as many as will, and he knows he has only a short time to do it in, the tribulation time frame. He is the seventh beast king John was shown in Rev.17 that had not come yet. The final Antichrist will be... Satan himself, revealed on earth in our dimension, working great signs and wonders to deceive with.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

When Satan sees that he has been cast to our earthly dimension, he will specifically go after the symbolic 'woman' that represents God's people. God's people will be under His protection for that time, until the time for the delivering up to give a Testimony for Christ.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

The water as a flood coming out of that dragon's mouth mean lies to cause deception. This is a metaphor for the deception Satan is going to cause upon the deceived as the "another Jesus" Paul mentioned in 2 Cor.11.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

Only a small remnant of faithful believers on Christ Jesus will resist Satan's attempt to destroy them by the false worship of the image of the beast he is going to setup over all the world.

The majority that don't understand this will understand it when Christ returns and they discover who it really was that they bowed in ignorance to.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
and i stood upon the sand of the sea. who can tell me what this means? :rolleyes: just those few words not all of the verse. then i'll know who understands.
ohmy.gif

It means you're telling us about your family vacation this summer.

It also presents a fine example of contextual error. What is your point?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Gregg wrote:
and i stood upon the sand of the sea. who can tell me what this means? just those few words not all of the verse. then i'll know who understands.

Are you not simply asking who agrees with you, but without giving your understanding? Consider the vast distance one sees standing on the shore. Often the Bible referes to the waters or the seas or the sands - as people - we understand this. From what better vantage point does one see than the internet? <<< Just my pondering.

Popeye wrote:
Now, let me ask you a question:
What nationality is the AntiChrist?

Satan overtakes the body of the anti-christ when he is cast down at the Abomination of Desolation. This is why Satan has an image of the beast made and where he (satan) gets the life from that he gives to this image. Are you then asking Satan's nationality, I believe you are questioning the nationality of the anti-christ before Satan overtakes his body and assume you mean the one to come?

When trying to identify the anti-christ consider first... Satan will need a body when he is cast unto the earth, That body will need a history. Satan will "glorify" that bod with his beauty, but it still must "resemble" the person, the anti-christ whose body he took over or there is no history. Who would follow a being simply plopped unto the earth - yet with a prominate position already in place, except it has the identity of that body? Satan would surely not overtake the body of a short dumpy overweight fat bald guy with moles and ugly in all apearances to glorify it would be to make it unrecognizeable... to make it unrecognizeable would be to lose the history and therefore the prominant position. So, expect him to overtake the body of an anti-christ that (at least in his younger days) was of stature and strength and beauty to begin with. Personally I agree with most that he is of roman descent, meaning the area of the EU. When satan emerges from the inner-sanctum and has glorified the body he now possesses, expect him to stand taller...look younger, more viral be more beautiful, yet still maintain the unmistakeable appearance of the former anti-christ.

as far as aking to "test" others... I believe that is the foundation of a forum - to grow through testing? There is strength in knowledge but knowledge is given through testing and reproof.

my typing is difficult, my vision is poor, my spelling is.. well lacking and i cant edit my posts... sorry

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Try Club of Rome.

Thanks for the scripture quotation!

A while back I said that Rome is not mentioned one verse of end-time prophecy, you are the one that said, "Does there really need to be!"

That was a senseless comment! Now you say try the club of Rome?

So where is your scriptural evidence??? Or do you just believe what you want anyway regardless of the lack of scriptural evidence?!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Thanks for the scripture quotation!

A while back I said that Rome is not mentioned one verse of end-time prophecy, you are the one that said, "Does there really need to be!"

That was a senseless comment! Now you say try the club of Rome?

So where is your scriptural evidence??? Or do you just believe what you want anyway regardless of the lack of scriptural evidence?!

You said the "Roman EU connection", so there it is. So now you want to push a requirement that we cannot look at events in the world, including history with studying God's Word? How would we be able to stay on 'watch' like Jesus commanded with watching the events of the day?

No, you're just here to push a bunch of doctrines of men while disregarding what God's Word says on many things. And now you want Scripture when you don't heed Scripture that disproves your false doctrines? Madness!!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
You said the "Roman EU connection", so there it is. So now you want to push a requirement that we cannot look at events in the world, including history with studying God's Word? How would we be able to stay on 'watch' like Jesus commanded with watching the events of the day?

No, you're just here to push a bunch of doctrines of men while disregarding what God's Word says on many things. And now you want Scripture when you don't heed Scripture that disproves your false doctrines? Madness!!

You are the one in deisregard of God's Word!

I'm asking you to provide the forum with some scriptural evidence! Show me where I'm in disregard of God's Word and I'll turn the tables right back at you with a slew of verses that debunk the RRE!

I have scriptural evidence for the things I push and many of you don't like it because it's in opposition to what you already believe. And God forbid that any of you should allow scripture to change yor mind! So where is the scriptural evidence that Rome is involved in anything in the last days? It's a reasonable qyuestion and one that should be addressed with scripture.

And the truth is that not one of you can provide one verse to support the RRE yet you continue to believe it!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You are the one in deisregard of God's Word!

I'm asking you to provide the forum with some scriptural evidence! Show me where I'm in disregard of God's Word and I'll turn the tables right back at you with a slew of verses that debunk the RRE!

I have scriptural evidence for the things I push and many of you don't like it because it's in opposition to what you already believe. And God forbid that any of you should allow scripture to change yor mind! So where is the scriptural evidence that Rome is involved in anything in the last days? It's a reasonable qyuestion and one that should be addressed with scripture.

And the truth is that not one of you can provide one verse to support the RRE yet you continue to believe it!

You're right. I shouldn't have said what I did. I apologize.

You want Scripture that points to Rome involved within the final beast kingdom right?

It's in Daniel about the beast image statue of Neb's dream. The 4th beast pointed to the Roman empire, for it conquered all the other areas of empires before it, like Greece had done previously. It was the beast part of legs of iron. Iron is used to symbolize it.

The final 5th beast is one of ten toes of part iron and part clay. Because iron is given as a symbol again, and it was about the legs of iron for the old pagan Roman empire, it points to Rome again in the last days, but not specifically to the RCC, but to groups of internationalists in Rome like The Club of Rome.

No system of organized religion is going to be safe from the Antichrist and his world beast kingdom. So the RCC is subject to the Antichrist's deception just as the organized Protestant Churches will also be. Just as there are supporters for the final world beast kingdom in Protestant Churches today, there also exists supporters of it within the RCC. Neither is left out.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
And you tell me that I'm disregarding the scriptures! I have been through this several times and not one of you have been able to refute it!
Here is your delima.
How can the second empire be Persia, and therefore the fourth Empire Rome when Daniel say's that the kingdom...

And after thee shall arise another kingdom to thee, inferiorand another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

The second kingdom is said to be "inferior" to the Babylonian Empire and is the only thing said about the second kingdom.

The word inferior in Daniel 2:39 is #0772 which means earth, world, ground. So if land is implied and obtaining 'land' is one of the main objectives of war, How can the Persian empire be land inferior to Babylon when it was about 3 to 4 times the size as the Babylonian??? That alone rules out the Medo-Persian empire as the inferior kingdom. The Median empire was not only shortlived but it was also much smaller. I don't understand how anyone can concluded that this inferior kingdom is the Persian Empire....other than the denial of scriptural truth which debunks the RRE and what you already believe!

Daniel, Isaiah's, and Jeremiah's prophecies ascribe the conquest and destruction of Babylon to the Medes. Not the Persian's!
Daniel 5:31
"And Darius the Median took the kingdom, (Babylon) being about threescore and two years old."

Isaiah 13:17
"Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, ie.(Babylon
AND...

Iron and clay

That means that the fourth kingdom, symbolized as the legs of iron and toes mingled with "iron and clay" doesn't come from Rome but from the Grecian Empire. That empire did not cover Rome or Europe and therefore is excluded as the origin of the beast. (antichrist and false prophet)
The word mingled or mixed used to describe the toes mingled with iron and clay is a Chaldean word meaning "arab". NOT ROMAN!

Daniel 2:41-43
And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

The ten toes mingled with iron and clay are a symbolic description of the final kingdom. Protestant's would like you to believe these toes represent Rome and the European Union. Iron and clay are somewhat strong but also very brittle and they do not mix. Arab /Muslim cultures are a mixture of many have had problems molding together the many Arabic tribes and clans and different religious cultures. They have not cleaved to one another whereas Rome and the EU has. Consider what the Arab/Muslim world is like today and consider what the EU is like today. Who's alliances are more brittle and who's are more united? Europe's, or the Arab/Muslim world? The EU has strong alliances and are a cohesive lawful society. Arab/Islamic cultures are often lawless societies and the iron and clay better represent the Ishmaelites (mixed with the seed of men) and today's Arab/Muslim world. They will produce the "lawless one".

The toes mingled with iron and clay symbolically represent the coming ten nation Islamic empire of the beast which will be a "united" Sunni and Shia Arab/Islamic world.
There is overwhelming evidence in scripture to question the revived Roman Empire.

It is my belief, and the belief of many others, that the man of sin will be an Assyrian which is part of the Grecian empire. (Isaiah 10, 14, and 30 all depict an Assyrian as the tool of God's wrath in the last days.

The Protestant's also quote Rev, 17:11 as proof that Rome is the beast.
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
This verse excludes Rome as the beast because Rome "was" in power at the time John wrote revelation. John said the beast that was... "is not". The beast did not exist at the time John wrote that but Rome did!

The demonic duo will come from Israel's longtime enemy. The Arab's and Muslim's.
No gentile nation today or in the recent past has ever openly stated their intention of world domination; the destruction of all unbelievers (infidels); the complete destruction America; and the complete destruction Israel...other than the Arab's and Muslim's.

Show me how the scriptural evidence how the Italian's have mixed with the seed of men and I'll tell you more about Arabic tribes and clans in the Middle East. Show me the scriptural evidence of the RRE and how the RCC has as their intention the destruction of Christian's, Jews, and the complete destruction of Israel!
And most of all. I would like to see ONE VERSE OF END-TIME PROPHECY WHERE ROME IS MENTIONED AND INVOLVED IN THE EVENTS OF THE LAST DAYS!
NEITHER HAVE YOU or anyone else BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE ONE VERSE OF END-TIME PROPHECY IN SUPPORT OF A UNIFIED GLOBAL RELIGION!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
And you tell me that I'm disregarding the scriptures! I have been through this several times and not one of you have been able to refute it!
Here is your delima.
How can the second empire be Persia, and therefore the fourth Empire Rome when Daniel say's that the kingdom...

And after thee shall arise another kingdom to thee, inferiorand another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

The second kingdom is said to be "inferior" to the Babylonian Empire and is the only thing said about the second kingdom.

Ah, that "inferior" stuff again. The word 'ara' is used in the adverbial sense in the Massoretic text, figurative for lowly. The 'inferior' interpretation is also linked with the fact that the 2nd empire was represented by silver, which is inferior to gold for Babylon.

The Scripture doesn't actually say in what sense it would be inferior to the Babylon kingdom. But with the 3rd kingdom of brass, that is an inferior metal to silver, yet it was to rule over all the earth. So 'ara' is not meant in extent of land sense, but with other qualities that didn't match the Babylon empire which with the Assyrian era lasted well over a thousand years. The Medo-Persia empire lasted something around 240 years.

Impossible to get around the fact of how the order of these empires came about in succesion with the previous one being taken over by the next one, Meod-Persia conquered Babylon, Macedonia conquered Medo-Persia, and the Romans conquered the remnants of Alexander's Macedonian empire.