rev.13 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sep 8, 2011

Hi 888,

Sometimes when the head gasket leaks oil, only the drip down the engine block is visible. Is the engine block leaking oil? No, it's the head gasket.

So too, when you consider Revelation 17, the identification of the woman (etc.) is made evident by the seven mountains/kings. Afterall that's the full context. So have you identified the seven mountains/kings? -- This simple determination helps the more difficult.

BibleScribe

This is irrelevant to what I posted.

Why do you bring this up from what I posted?

Like I said, I never claimed to be correct on what I posted, just an interesting thought on the subject.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

Like I said, I never claimed to be correct on what I posted, just an interesting thought on the subject.

Anyone who compares the firing order of junk cars and blown out head gaskets to bible prophecy has some serious issues!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA

You said in your post:

This is my thoughts on this subject.

What do you guys think?

... and I basically suggested that if you want to diagnose a repair, that you understand the full problem. -- Scripture is not intended to be a buffet line, where you pick a verse here and there. It's supposed to be understood with the rest of the sentences, chapters, and thoughts.

As such, if you want to understand the difficult concepts of Revelation 17, I would strongly suggest that you start with the obvious, -- the seven mountains/kings, and the eighth. They're simple world history, which can be assessed with relative ease. And once the simple is in context, then you might be able to extrapolate backwards to the earlier verses, and discover those portents.

Or you could keep guessing until the cows come home. :)

BibleScribe