Rev. 16:15

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The battle of Armageddon is not an earthly battle; it is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, (Eph 6:12).
Therefore, the events described take place primarily in the unseen world (the world of the spirits / the kingdom of heaven). But the results of them will also become manifested on the earth.
We are not to try and spiritualize the things in God's Word which He revealed will occur literally, and the battle of Armageddon on the last day of this world is an event not to be applied philosophically. Ezekiel 38 & 39 reveal just how literal that event will be on earth, as do other Scriptures in the OT prophets. Apostle Paul reminded us about it in 1 Thess 5 with the "sudden destruction" event.

The verse you mentioned interrupts the unfolding drama of the endtimes with a final warning not to be caught unawares by the horrible temptations of Rev 16:14.

Concerning the meaning of, "keeping his garments", "to go naked", and "to be seen exposed":
In 2Corinthians 5, the apostle mentioned that at the moment of their death, (the moment when their earthly tent is pulled up), the children of God have a dwelling place made without hands, an eternal building of God in heaven. At his death, a Christian leaves his outward person, and his inner man then has a covering in the unseen world. It is in this context that Paul mentions a garment.
In Rev 16:2 he said, "Here indeed we groan, and long to put on our heavenly dwelling, so that by putting it on we may not be found naked". So, there is a possibility at the moment of death of not having the "garment of righteousness". The inner man then stands naked.

Our heavenly garments is what Jesus was talking about, which are made up of our righteous works in Him. So our Lord Jesus was giving a metaphor with the garments idea, regarding one's works and staying in Him during the 6th Vial events, and for that time it means still... waiting for His return on that 6th Vial, for His coming is on the next 7th Vial. That's the context He was using that idea of keeping one's garments, the same idea He used for not allowing any man to to take your crown.

As for what God's Word teaches about Christ's return and our gathering to Him, that's going to be to Jerusalem on earth, as written in Zechariah 14. The "mansions" Christ mentioned are the abodes of the priests in Jerusalem during Christ's future Milennium reign there, on earth. Revelation 20 also reveals this with the "beloved city" and "camp of the saints" that is upon the breadth of the earth.

The apostle Paul also mentioned the possibility of leaving the body without dying. "Whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. And I know that this man was caught up in Paradise", (2Cor 12:2).
There is a satanic imitation and counterfeit of this which can be seen with the devilish activites of spiritist séances or with the occult practice when a medium leaves his body. (The church of Anti-christ is a church of occult spiritists).

That's what the "many antichrists" follow, but that is not the Antichrist that's coming to play God with miracles to try and prove it.

When the deceiving spirits of the anti-Christ begin to suffocate the earth; they perform great signs and wonders, (Rev 16:14). Their purpose is to inspire people to do battle against Christ and His faithful church in the heavenly places. While the Sons of God are baptized in the Holy Spirit, the sons of Perdition are baptized in the spirit of the anti-Christ. Those inspired by the anti-Christ are empowered to fight a spiritual battle against the sons of God in the heavenly places.

The spiritual battle is right here on earth too, and on the 6th Vial it will be the height of that battle here on earth against Christ's Church.

At a sign of the False Prophet, (a master of sorcery), the sons of Perdition will enter into a spiritist trance / séance and become especially active in the kingdom of darkness. Just like the reborn people of God walk in the kingdom of light, the degenerate followers of the anti-Christ have a walk in the kingdom of darkness. Then follows Armageddon: the titanic struggle in the heavenlies.

The devils are coming here like that 6th Vial period shows in Rev.16. That's when the Antichrist/false messiah will be here to deceive everyone into thinking he's God. Satan and his angels are booted out of heaven to this earth per Rev.12:9 forward, and then goes to persecute the symbolic "woman" of that chapter, which means God's true Israel today, i.e., Christ's Church on earth. So I don't know who you're listening to with trying to apply all that to the heavenly dimension, but they've done a good job in keeping you away from really getting prepared for what's coming ON THIS EARTH in our near future prior to Christ Jesus' return.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Trekson you worte this toward Veteran but allow me to share something with you about this post.... I highlihted it in red.

" Veteran, I believe that I am listening to what Christ and the Holy Spirit has shown me. Here's the way I look at it. Pre-wrath has a lot more in common with post-tribbers (which I'm assuming you are) than we do with pre-tribbers. I'm a prepper and I fully expect to be here for the majority of the 70th week and I actually expect the likelihood of martyrdom to be a realistic one. However, I do believe in a seventh seal rapture, but I don't believe it is imminent or secret. Look at it this way, are you really going to stand before Christ and complain if His timing is different from yours and you're "saved" from experiencing His wrath. I wouldn't, just like I wouldn't complain if the highly doubtful pre-trib rapture occured. I'd fall on my knees and thank God for sparing my family and I the hardships that are surely coming. If you're right and His return is post-trib, oh well what's a couple more years in the scheme of things. If I'm still alive and He has protected me thus far than I'm sure He will keep on doing so. "

You are correct you would not complain, however nietherwill anyone else...see I met Jesus and there was not I question I felt compelled to ask. Any answer was understood before a question could be asked and I knew it. Atthis point I sure would have liked to have taken notes and forced the questions to mind... but alas.... Questions were that so insignificanmt ! Complain? not a chance... we will leave those to the complaint department...it is located...... near the boiler room downstairs, the warmer you get the closer you are.... watchout for the janitor..he is mean and so stay out of chains length.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Many Protestants and some other people are disappointed to learn that the Book of Revelation [ Apocalyptic Writing ] was not written to help Christians who lived 2,000 years later to figure out if the end of the world is imminent. We as earlier Christians all want to concentrate on a question which is a waste of time and effort. Jesus continually waylaid questions which were directed at discovering "when" ' all this would come to pass ' Jesus is never talking about the end times in order to help people figure out "when" they will occur.Rather His interest is in teaching people " how" to be ready. He discourages conjectures about " when" by saying: " But as for the day or hour , nobody knows it, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, no one but the Father" [ Mark 13: 32 ]
Few Books in the Bible are misinterpreted and abused as much as the Book of Revelation, only those who understand the function of apocalyptic literature along with the literary form "revelation " those who are unfamiliar will always misinterpret everything about this Book; its subject matter, its tone, and its purpose.
The social situation in which apocalyptic writing takes place accounts for some of its ' conventions '. The word " convention " is used when talking about literature to refer to some characteristic of the writing, be it in form or style or content, which has become an accepted element of that kind of writing.
The theme of the Book of Revelation holds just as true for every generation as it did for its original audience.In order to understand not only the Book of Rev. but also the rest of the Books of the Bible, a person must understand the various literary forms which appear in Holy Scripture : myth, legend, debate, fiction, Gospel, parable, allegory, letter, and apocalypse understanding genre order to find meaning is very important.
The process of Christ's coming is not complete, but the fact of His coming and the fact of his victory over evil are already established. We need only be faithful and be ready, for victory is ours in the risen Christ.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Trekson you worte this toward Veteran but allow me to share something with you about this post.... I highlihted it in red.

" Veteran, I believe that I am listening to what Christ and the Holy Spirit has shown me. Here's the way I look at it. Pre-wrath has a lot more in common with post-tribbers (which I'm assuming you are) than we do with pre-tribbers. I'm a prepper and I fully expect to be here for the majority of the 70th week and I actually expect the likelihood of martyrdom to be a realistic one. However, I do believe in a seventh seal rapture, but I don't believe it is imminent or secret. Look at it this way, are you really going to stand before Christ and complain if His timing is different from yours and you're "saved" from experiencing His wrath. I wouldn't, just like I wouldn't complain if the highly doubtful pre-trib rapture occured. I'd fall on my knees and thank God for sparing my family and I the hardships that are surely coming. If you're right and His return is post-trib, oh well what's a couple more years in the scheme of things. If I'm still alive and He has protected me thus far than I'm sure He will keep on doing so. "

You are correct you would not complain, however nietherwill anyone else...see I met Jesus and there was not I question I felt compelled to ask. Any answer was understood before a question could be asked and I knew it. Atthis point I sure would have liked to have taken notes and forced the questions to mind... but alas.... Questions were that so insignificanmt ! Complain? not a chance... we will leave those to the complaint department...it is located...... near the boiler room downstairs, the warmer you get the closer you are.... watchout for the janitor..he is mean and so stay out of chains length.

God's Word is correct on the matter, and for any of us to be correct, we MUST heed God's Word as written.

In ANY honest debate on these matters, it can easily be shown when someone has blatantly left the Scriptures to follow some other idea instead, most often an idea from men's doctrines that is not written.

The Pre-trib postion is not written, nor is the Pre-wrath position.

The Revelation 16:15 subject warning Christ Himself gave is one proof of many against both those theological positions. The time of His cup of wrath being poured out is on the last day of this present world, and that's the time when He returns, and the time when He gathers His Church, both from heaven and from the earth (1 Thess.5; 2 Pet.3; Zech.14; Matt.24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Rev.11; Rev.19; 1 Thess.4; 1 Cor.15).