Rev1:13-16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
Rev 1:13 and in the middle of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His breast with a golden girdle. 14 And His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire; Notes: Like a son of man:Da 7:13 "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. 14 "And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations, and [men of every] language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed. Clothed in a robe:Rev 19:7 "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright [and] clean; for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. Ro 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Reaching to the feet:1Pe 2:21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22 who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth; 23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting [Himself] to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. 25 For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls. (Follow in Jesus’ steps.)Girded across His breast with a golden girdle:Rev 15:6 and the seven angels who had the seven plagues came out of the temple, clothed in linen, clean [and] bright, and girded around their breasts with golden girdles.(The words of God fill the chests.)White like white wool, like snow: Ps 147:15 He sends forth His command to the earth; His word runs very swiftly. 16 He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes. (Yahweh sends forth His command and his words are like wool.)Isa 55:10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth, And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding [in the matter] for which I sent it. (The words from the mouth of Yahweh are rain and snow.)Job 29:22 "After my words they did not speak again, And my speech dropped on them. 23 "And they waited for me as for the rain, And opened their mouth as for the spring rain. (The words of Yahweh are rain.)Eyes were like a flame of fire:Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it [is] called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 And His eyes [are] a flame of fire, and upon His head [are] many diadems; and He has a name written [upon Him] which no one knows except Himself. 13 And [He is] clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God. (The Word of God:Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. )Rev 2:18 "And to the angel of the church in Youratira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this: Ac 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent, rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance. Isa 10:17 And the light of Israel will become a fire and his Holy One a flame, And it will burn and devour his thorns and his briars in a single day. 18 And He will destroy the glory of his forest and of his fruitful garden, both soul and body; And it will be as when a sick man wears away. 19 And the rest of the trees of his forest will be so small in number That a child could write them down. The seven eyes are the seven Spirits of God:Rev 5:6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. Zec 4:10 "For who has despised the day of small things? But these seven will be glad when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel-- [these are] the eyes of Yahweh which range to and fro throughout the earth." Pr 15:3 The eyes of Yahweh are in every place, Watching the evil and the good. 2Ch 16:9 "For the eyes of Yahweh move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. You have acted foolishly in this. Indeed, from now on you will surely have wars."Rev 1:15 and His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been caused to glow in a furnace, and His voice [was] like the sound of many waters. 16 And in His right hand He held seven stars; and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.Notes:His feet were like burnished bronze:Rev 2:18 "And to the angel of the church in Youratira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this: (The Son of God)Da 10:5 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with [a belt of] pure gold of Uphaz. 6 His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult.His voice [was] like the sound of many waters: Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like [the sound] of harpists playing on their harps. Eze 43:2 and behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory. Seven stars:2Pe 1:19 And [so] we have the prophetic word [made] more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star." (Note: The seven Spirits of Jesus:Rev 4:5 And from the throne proceed flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;)Out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword:Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (The Word of God)His face was like the sun shining in its strength:ps 84:11 For Yahweh God is a sun and shield; Yahweh gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.Da 7:9 "I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took [His] seat; His vesture [was] like white snow, And the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne [was] ablaze with flames, Its wheels [were] a burning fire. 10 "A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened. Jesus is light:Jn 1:6 There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came for a witness, that he might bear witness of the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but [came] that he might bear witness of the light. 9 There was the true light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. (From Rev1:12-16, we can see that John turned to Yahweh God in the Spirit and what he speaks is the Word of God and the name of Yahweh.)[email protected]