Revelation 11-the measure of the temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish people wouldn't go making predictions like that. You are going to be SO embarrassed in several years.

You know, I remember having a conversation with you quite a few years ago where I was certain the Holy Spirit was telling me Obama was not going anywhere. You tried to caution me. I was not embarrassed when I discovered He wasn't saying what I supposed He was. I was perplexed though, and had to change a lot of my thinking and realize that whatever the Spirit seemed to be saying was not what I supposed Him to be saying. But I gained some humility and some caution, so it wasn't bad.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so this is still pointing to the reaping the harvest...yes?....if this is a different time frame then I need the scales off my eyes to see more clearly.
there are a lot of things, sign, to come before the Harvest, which NO MAN "KNOW" the hour or the day. so I refram from setting dates, but look for the signs, as he said. so who is right no one knows, so I just stick to what is written. now if God have given you a sign then you speak it. even if other cannot understand it or see it at this time. but maybe later it is revealed, ok. so if God moves you to speak, then speak, as said, your work may be burned, but "U" are saved. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

PICJAG

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are a lot of things, sign, to come before the Harvest, which NO MAN "KNOW" the hour or the day. so I refram from setting dates, but look for the signs, as he said. so who is right no one knows, so I just stick to what is written. now if God have given you a sign then you speak it. even if other cannot understand it or see it at this time. but maybe later it is revealed, ok. so if God moves you to speak, then speak, as said, your work may be burned, but "U" are saved. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

PICJAG
Thank you for the encouragement! It kind of gives me a little more confidence to share even more. And honestly I was hoping to either get confirmation or correction....
I have to go get my granddaughter...so I will pick back up later tonight or tomorrow.
God Bless!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement! It kind of gives me a little more confidence to share even more. And honestly I was hoping to either get confirmation or correction....
I have to go get my granddaughter...so I will pick back up later tonight or tomorrow.
God Bless!
sure, no problems

PICJAG.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all connected.

The outer court is akin even to outer darkness. But in this case it refers to those things which the temple represents, to the body made manifest in the creation; which then is divided in the midst (42/42, 3.5/3.5, the dead in Christ/the living in Christ) between the first Adam and the Last Adam, where the sacrifice was taken away. The same is "a time, times, and half a time."

The outer court is given to the nations...that is to the people, those created, even the first Adam and the Last Adam: "to live is Christ." But from among those of the first Adam one nation/people were chosen to be given the promise, wherein is the holy of holies, whom is the Christ, and God, the First and the Last. His body was given to the gentiles, without measure. Those "who are alive and remain" in the world are His body, those who reign with Him until the end of the times of the gentiles.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all connected.

The outer court is akin even to outer darkness. But in this case it refers to those things which the temple represents, to the body made manifest in the creation; which then is divided in the midst (42/42, 3.5/3.5, the dead in Christ/the living in Christ) between the first Adam and the Last Adam, where the sacrifice was taken away. The same is "a time, times, and half a time."

The outer court is given to the nations...that is to the people, those created, even the first Adam and the Last Adam: "to live is Christ." But from among those of the first Adam one nation/people were chosen to be given the promise, wherein is the holy of holies, whom is the Christ, and God, the First and the Last. His body was given to the gentiles, without measure. Those "who are alive and remain" in the world are His body, those who reign with Him until the end of the times of the gentiles.
Yes, the Gentiles sit in DARKNESS, as well as some Jews. Isaiah 42:6 "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles"

yes, it is all connect, this is a world salvation. 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

agreed.

PICJAG

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well willie, "how can two walk together unless they agree?". if I'm in ERROR, I would like to know now instead of before his throne standing in judgment.

the whole purpose of the saints is to shine light on the scriptures so that others my see.

I hope you relent and change your mind.

PICJAG.
A suggestion? Begin doing some serious reading by authors who hold an opposite view from yours, and see why they feel that way. All we get from reading people who think like we do is just another pat on the back from other members of the mutual admiration society.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A suggestion? Begin doing some serious reading by authors who hold an opposite view from yours, and see why they feel that way. All we get from reading people who think like we do is just another pat on the back from other members of the mutual admiration society.
I have read others, but the teaching of the Holy Ghost is complete and is full circle. but as said I do hear what Learned men say, but they are in the same boat as everyone else.

Isaiah 29:10 "For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

Isaiah 29:11 "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

Isaiah 29:12 "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

since it was the HolyGhost who broke the seals the learned men the Holy Ghost to

PICJAG.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this apply to the outer court? I am leaning towards the idea these are the ones who will be "the Harvest?"....
The Tabernacle in the wilderness had the Holiest of Holies in the very center behind the 2nd veil; and it had the Holy Place behind the 1st veil; and it had the Outer Court. The tents and dwelling places and working place of the people were outside the enclosure which enclosed all three.
When a person comes to God and repents that first time he enters the Outer Court as an unclean beast. Some people never move closer to God than this and like the natural children of Israel they need to come back again and again often to re-repent for the same sins. Considering what repentance means this means they never advanced at all. To repent means they are to have changed. But either they lied at the first or they simply backslid falling into exactly the same errors again. As we see the end result of most of them, dying in the wilderness, we see that this is a problem.

Consider the 1st veil, where only the priests entered regularly. This is where the Holy Ghost goes to work on hearts to eventually convert them from an unclean beast to a clean beast. Of course to go behind the 2nd veil into the Holiest of Holies [only High Priest entered once a year] a person must have completely killed his beasts.

Don't worry about the two inner places [2nd and 3rd heavens?] in relation to your question. Rather consider all of the people who attend churches and like the natural Israelites of old repeatedly go through the same steps of repenting and backsliding and back again. They take actions with no real increase, no real closer approach to God. How does that fit into the scenario of Revelation 11 depicted in your OP...?

Are they not still Gentiles, Heathens, unclean beasts who have not even killed anything of their old nature, the old man mentioned by Apostle Paul? Rather they have trampled and are trampling that place, that 1st heaven instead of preparing themselves for eventually entry into 2nd heaven and hopefully finally 3rd heaven [3 heavens equal to 3 parts within tabernacle and 3 levels of Ark built by Noah.]

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Tabernacle in the wilderness had the Holiest of Holies in the very center behind the 2nd veil; and it had the Holy Place behind the 1st veil; and it had the Outer Court. The tents and dwelling places and working place of the people were outside the enclosure which enclosed all three.
When a person comes to God and repents that first time he enters the Outer Court as an unclean beast. Some people never move closer to God than this and like the natural children of Israel they need to come back again and again often to re-repent for the same sins. Considering what repentance means this means they never advanced at all. To repent means they are to have changed. But either they lied at the first or they simply backslid falling into exactly the same errors again. As we see the end result of most of them, dying in the wilderness, we see that this is a problem.

Consider the 1st veil, where only the priests entered regularly. This is where the Holy Ghost goes to work on hearts to eventually convert them from an unclean beast to a clean beast. Of course to go behind the 2nd veil into the Holiest of Holies [only High Priest entered once a year] a person must have completely killed his beasts.

Don't worry about the two inner places [2nd and 3rd heavens?] in relation to your question. Rather consider all of the people who attend churches and like the natural Israelites of old repeatedly go through the same steps of repenting and backsliding and back again. They take actions with no real increase, no real closer approach to God. How does that fit into the scenario of Revelation 11 depicted in your OP...?

Are they not still Gentiles, Heathens, unclean beasts who have not even killed anything of their old nature, the old man mentioned by Apostle Paul? Rather they have trampled and are trampling that place, that 1st heaven instead of preparing themselves for eventually entry into 2nd heaven and hopefully finally 3rd heaven [3 heavens equal to 3 parts within tabernacle and 3 levels of Ark built by Noah.]
Wow....yes, this definitely fits in....I am in "scripture heaven" lol....when I understand the meaning it is so much easier to read on and gain the whole concept.
Thank you @amadeus !

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is why I was asking about the significance of the outer court being left unmeasured....are these the Harvest?
In the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, the Outer Court contained two main items of significance...

1) Brazen Laver
2) Brazen Altar

If we were to look into the deeper meanings of said items, we would find that they represent a type of dichotomy.

The Brazen Laver would represent the Sea of Glass while the Brazen Altar would represent the Lake of Fire.

Personally, I've always viewed Outer Darkness, and those that are 'bundled' in it, as a temporary storage area before burning.

This scenario would fit in with the Brazen Altar and the 'Slaughter Tables' of sacrifices that wait to be burned.

Thus, the Brazen Laver/Sea of Glass are the Wheat (Saved) that are to be cleaned while the Brazen Altar/Lake of Fire are the Tares (Unsaved) that are to be burned.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so this is still pointing to the reaping the harvest...yes?....if this is a different time frame then I need the scales off my eyes to see more clearly.
Yes, the dead and the living crucified with Christ.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.....so I am STILL studying Revelation....and this jumped out at me concerning the measuring of the temple....the outer court was not to be measured because it was given to the Gentiles who trampled it for 3.5 years.....
Revelation 11
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Yeah, confirming the prophecy of Ezekiel, starting at chapter 40, stating the measurements of the new Temple.

The Times of the Gentiles comes to an end after the 6th seal is opened at the end of Revelation 6, and the 144000 Jews are sealed in Rev 7. This takes place after the 6th seal is opened, and before the 7th seal is opened. The saints are not sealed because they won't be here when the 7th seal is opened [cf starting at Rev 7:9] The saints, a myriad which no man could number are taken up to Heaven, they don't need to be sealed against God's ultimate wrath directed at those who hate Him.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and I am fine with being corrected....I have had some mentoring in my calling in the past but mentors are far and few between these days.
In Jesus' first appearing, having come down from Heaven, He was Himself the literal temple of God, that was made without hands, of which was formerly shadowed by God's description given to Moses, for the sanctuary that was to be made with hands.
Exodus 25:1-2, 8-9

Therein lies the reason also, of why there will be NO temple building re-built by the Jews on earth, for now through Jesus, ever since Pentecost, believers in Jesus are now the Temple of God, by Him dwelling within us.
John 2: 19:22.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

Would you mind revealing how you study the book of Revelation?

1.) Do you already have a dispensational or amillennial view and come at it with one of those?

2.) Do you use commentaries and if so what are they?

Don't misunderstand, I am not questioning your method. I am just curious as to how you study the book of Revelation.

Stranger