Revelation 13 (The Beast) A Future Human Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your Claim is "False" (The Beast) & (False Prophet) Will Be Literal Human Men

I presented what I have come to understand of the entities that are called the beast(s) and the Little Horn/False Prophet are and that is, they are wicked fallen heavenly hosts.

You are welcome to your opinion. I have presented the basis for my understanding.

Sadly, the beasts and the Little Horn of Daniel 7:1-12 will disappear into the Bottomless Pit in our near future, probably within the next 22 or so years.

They will be imprisoned for 1,000 years before the Bottomless Pit is unlocked that allows them to come out of the pit during the last 24 or so years.

Time and the fulfilment of God's prophetic words will confirm what I have posted.

Oh well, claim that you are protecting God's End Time Prophecies by opposing what I have posted. I am secure in my relationship with God and have no fears that God will want me to change what I have posted.

Have a Good Day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presented what I have come to understand of the entities that are called the beast(s) and the Little Horn/False Prophet are and that is, they are wicked fallen heavenly hosts.

You are welcome to your opinion. I have presented the basis for my understanding.

Sadly, the beasts and the Little Horn of Daniel 7:1-12 will disappear into the Bottomless Pit in our near future, probably within the next 22 or so years.

They will be imprisoned for 1,000 years before the Bottomless Pit is unlocked that allows them to come out of the pit during the last 24 or so years.

Time and the fulfilment of God's prophetic words will confirm what I have posted.

Oh well, claim that you are protecting God's End Time Prophecies by opposing what I have posted. I am secure in my relationship with God and have no fears that God will want me to change what I have posted.

Have a Good Day.
Once Again, Scripture Proves Your Claim To Be "False", Wicked Heavenly Hosts Are "Spiritual" Beings, They Don't Have "Living Bodies" As Seen Below, Read It Again And Again

Your Claim is "False" (The Beast) & (False Prophet) Will Be Literal Human Men That Will Be Cast Living Into The Fire

Revelation 13:18KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The Beast, A Literal Male Human Being, Pronouns "1st Person Singular" "He" "His" "Him"

Revelation 13:4KJV
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The Beast & False Prophet will have living human bodies

"These Both Were Cast Alive" "His Body Destroyed"

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Daniel 7:10-11KJV
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No sir, as a Prophecy guy called unto Prophecy for over 37 years the biggest mistake I see people, especially laymen make is they see something like Jerusalem called a Harlot and then they cant understand many things can be a Harlot unto God and they place their brain in a corner.

You did the exact same thing with Babylon above, nowhere in either verse is Jesus called Babylon per se. You LINKED the two yourself.

If we read Matt. 23 Jesus is probably speaking about Holy Prophets of God. In Rev. 18:24

OK, I looked Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees specifically, not Jerusalem per se.

Matt. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets(So, Jesus is saying you Scribes and Pharises would have killed the Prophets of old also..........Its that simple). 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues(The Disciples/John the Baptist), and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

The blood falls on WHO? Jesus is talking about the Scribes and Pharisees here NOT Jerusalem.

As per Rev. 18 that is the WHOLE WORLD (Babylon) being Judged, God SPECIFICALLY say so in Rev. 16:19 when he calls those Jesus defeats at the 7th Vial Babylon the Great. And Vial #6 tells us who he defeats, the Kings pf the WHOLE WORLD. See, I do not use bad conjunctions, I do not take leaps, I simply follw what God says in Rev. 16:19.

God Bless.

Yet with your 37 years' experience you missed the very next verses

Matthew 23:37-39
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]

Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Curious
Is this past or future event in Rev. 18 ?
Rev.17 says the Ten Kings are going to destroy the city with fire and eat her flesh.
Seem like in Ezk. 39 God won't let them to destroy Israel.
Zech.14 does mention only half the city is taken but God does not allow them to destroy her. But does saves them.

Its really knowing how big Babylon is, how far the Harlot boundary are , she does reaches out to those Ten nation kingdoms.
I doubt as the world is that Jerusalem is going to expand while Jesus is not there Lord.

I see it as in the past

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet with your 37 years' experience you missed the very next verses

Matthew 23:37-39
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]
I missed nothing brother. Your point further edifies my overall point, Jesus nor God is calling Jerusalem the Harlot, nor Babylon, he is calling the peoples, (which includes the leaders or scribes and pharisees) unfaithful and lo, we already knew that, that is why they are in 490 years of Judgment, they played the Harlot.

The prophet Hosea was commanded to marry a prostitute, and to keep taking her back, then when she got old and ugly and no one wanted her to take her back in as his wife, this is what God will do with Israel, not burn Jerusalem to the ground, nor forsake the Jews. Hosea marrying the prostitute was a picture of how God will treat Israel. Now read the whole passage above you quoted, the very last verse says 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’ and this means when Jesus returns at the 2nd coming, the Jews will welcome him as their Messiah, meaning they repent before he returns. We know this is true via the scriptures, in Zech. 13:8-9 we see that 1/3 of the Jews repent whilst 2/3 refuse to do so and are cut-off and die. Then in the very next verse (Zech. 14:1-2) we see the Day of the Lord arrives (Middle of the 70th week/Gods Wrath or the Apophis Asteroid from Rev. 8).....THEN Jesus shows up 3.5 years later in Zech. 14:3-4. So, Israel repent just before the DOTL falls. So, by the time Jesus returns, the Jews are not a Harlot peoples, they are a repented peoples.

Oh, Jerusalem, Jerusalem is Jesus referring to the inhabitants, not the city. This is why laymen need to leave interpretation of prophecy to those called to prophecy. Find the calling God has for you brother and quit wasting you efforts on things you are not called unto. You can do much more harm than good.

By the way, nothing in Rev. 18 is past. Very troubling that you can't understand that verse 2 is Satan being cast down to earth at the middle of the 70th week and verse 4 is Israel fleeing Judea at the 1290, which happens 30 days before the 1260 middle of the week event.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I missed nothing brother. Your point further edifies my overall point, Jesus nor God is calling Jerusalem the Harlot, nor Babylon, he is calling the peoples, (which includes he leaders or scribes and pharisees) unfaithful and lo, we already knew that, that is why they are in 490 years of Judgment, they played the Harlot.

The prophet Hosea was commanded to marry a prostitute, and to keep taking her back, then when she got old and ugly and no one wanted her to take her back in as his wife, this is what God will do with Israel, not burn Jerusalem to the ground, nor forsake the Jews. Hosea marrying the prostitute was a picture of how God will treat Israel. Now read the whole passage above you quoted, the last verse says 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’ and this means when Jesus returns at the 2nd coming, the Jews will welcome him as their Messiah, meaning they repent before he returns. We know this is true via the scriptures, in Zech. 13:8-9 we see that 1/3 of the Jews repent whilst 2/3 refuse to do so and are cut-off and die. Then in the very next verse (Zech. 14:1-2) we see the Day of the Lord arrives (Middle of the 70th week/Gods Wrath/Apophis Asteroid).....THEN Jess shows up 3.5 years later in verses 3-4. So, Israel repent just before the DOTL falls. So, by the time Jesus returns, the Jews are not a Harlot peoples, they are a repented peoples.

Jerusalem is Jesus referring to the inhabitants, not the city. This is why laymen need to leave interpretation of prophecy to those called to prophecy. Find the calling God has for you brother and quit wasting you efforts on things you are nit called unto. You can do much more harm than good.

By the way, nothing n Rev. 18 is past. Very troubling that you can't understand that verse 2 is Satan being cast down to earth at the middle of the 70th week and verse 4 is Israel fleeing Judea at the 1290, which happens 3 days before the 1260 middle of te week event.

These below are your words

"If we read Matt. 23 Jesus is probably speaking about Holy Prophets of God.

OK, I looked Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees specifically, not Jerusalem per se.

The blood falls on WHO? Jesus is talking about the Scribes and Pharisees here NOT Jerusalem."

Of course Jerusalem includes is the people that was my point

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These below are your words

"If we read Matt. 23 Jesus is probably speaking about Holy Prophets of God.

The blood falls on WHO? Jesus is talking about the Scribes and Pharisees here NOT Jerusalem."

Of course Jerusalem includes is the people that was my point
Which mean the people, not THE CITY. The point us, the one you are running from brother, is the Jews repent before the DOTL falls, so why is it that you think the Jews are being called a Harlot AFTER they repent? God is not calling Jerusalem out as a Harlot after she is taken over by the Anti-Christ at the 1260 middle of the week event, God is referring to ALL False Religion of all time as the Harlot. Babylon the Great the WHOLE WORLD. God tells us this.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city(Jerusalem) was divided into three parts(Earthquake), and the cities of the nations fell:(Jesus defeats the Nations at Armageddon) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

So, God Himself (not me) calls those Jesus defeats at Armageddon Babylon the Great. So, who were those that got defeated? Simple stuff, lets look at Vial #6 and see !!

Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates(this means God dries up His Wrath long enough to allow Satan/A.C./F.P. to deceive the cowards to come out of ther hiding places and to against Israel); and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared(why Kings of the East? The west or the Americas is the 1/3 that gets destroyed).

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

So, God says those Jesus destroyed in Rev. 16:19 at the 7th Vial are Babylon the Great ad we se they are the Kings of the WHOLE WORLD. God himself Judges the two Americas with fire (they are 1/3 the landmass of the world, look it up, and the Pacific Ocean has 1/3 of the water on this earth). So, we know Babylon is Satan's Dark Kingdom over mankind (whole world) where he so confuses (Babel means confusion) men that they seek to fight against their own loving Creator, you can not get any more confused than that.

So, since I didn't cover the whole chapter and point it all out line by line to you, you think that makes your original point correct, no it doesn't Jerusalem is not the Harlot being spoken of in Revelation, that is ALL False Religion of All time. It is the Israelies who worshiped false gods, it is the Romans who killed Christians, that is why she has the blood of the Saints (Jews) and Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. The Israeli nation never killed the Christian Saints it was Rome and even Muslims for the last 1400 years, all of them FALSEV RELIGION.

TBH, I was not digging in too deep this morning, my 15 year old dog (Bama, Norfolk Terrier) passed away yesterday at 11:00 AM from cancer, his last breath was trying to get up and walk, he was a fighter, he died, came back and lived two more hours. I really hope all dogs go to heaven, my heart is broken. God Bless

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why laymen need to leave interpretation of prophecy to those called to prophecy. Find the calling God has for you brother and quit wasting you efforts on things you are not called unto. You can do much more harm than good.
IMHO I would say that about the poster, the self proclaimed prophecy expert, Big Smiles!

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which mean the people, not THE CITY. The point us, the one you are running from brother, is the Jews repent before the DOTL falls, so why is it that you think the Jews are being called a Harlot AFTER they repent? God is not calling Jerusalem out as a Harlot after she is taken over by the Anti-Christ at the 1260 middle of the week event, God is referring to ALL False Religion of all time as the Harlot. Babylon the Great the WHOLE WORLD. God tells us this.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city(Jerusalem) was divided into three parts(Earthquake), and the cities of the nations fell:(Jesus defeats the Nations at Armageddon) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

So, God Himself (not me) calls those Jesus defeats at Armageddon Babylon the Great. So, who were those that got defeated? Simple stuff, lets look at Vial #6 and see !!

Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates(this means God dries up His Wrath long enough to allow Satan/A.C./F.P. to deceive the cowards to come out of ther hiding places and to against Israel); and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared(why Kings of the East? The west or the Americas is the 1/3 that gets destroyed).

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

So, God says those Jesus destroyed in Rev. 16:19 at the 7th Vial are Babylon the Great ad we se they are the Kings of the WHOLE WORLD. God himself Judges the two Americas with fire (they are 1/3 the landmass of the world, look it up, and the Pacific Ocean has 1/3 of the water on this earth). So, we know Babylon is Satan's Dark Kingdom over mankind (whole world) where he so confuses (Babel means confusion) men that they seek to fight against their own loving Creator, you can not get any more confused than that.

So, since I didn't cover the whole chapter and point it all out line by line to you, you think that makes your original point correct, no it doesn't Jerusalem is not the Harlot being spoken of in Revelation, that is ALL False Religion of All time. It is the Israelies who worshiped false gods, it is the Romans who killed Christians, that is why she has the blood of the Saints (Jews) and Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. The Israeli nation never killed the Christian Saints it was Rome and even Muslims for the last 1400 years, all of them FALSEV RELIGION.

TBH, I was not digging in too deep this morning, my 15 year old dog (Bama, Norfolk Terrier) passed away yesterday at 11:00 AM from cancer, his last breath was trying to get up and walk, he was a fighter, he died, came back and lived two more hours. I really hope all dogs go to heaven, my heart is broken. God Bless
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven Mount city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jerusalem (The Woman) that (Great City) as seen below, Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified

(Revelation) 17:18AKJV

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

(Revelation) 11:8AKJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Jews/Hebrews cast dust upon their heads, weeping for the (Great City) Jerusalem

(Revelation) 18:19 AKJV

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Israel did kill the saints they were the first ones to persecute them we read about it in the book of Acts. I don’t have 37 years of bible prophecy experience but I know that Israel were the first ones to persecute the church.

I don’t think that God Judges Jews after they repent He judges them before they repent and He did in 70AD and it was the beast and the 10 kings not Jesus who did it for Gods purpose Revelation chapter 17:16-17 shows us that. Jerusalem is the people and the literal city the harlot before they repent and it is them not the kings of the world who are destroyed in Revelation chapter 16:19.

Jerusalem was the whore read Ezekiel chapter 16 and then read revelation chapter 18 and you will see that they are one and the same she is the Great city where our Lord was crucified in Revelation chapter 11

I am sorry to hear about your dog passing away it sounds like you loved him very much I know the feeling and yes hopefully we will all be reunited in heaven I am sure that we will have many nice surprises in heaven.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think that God Judges Jews after they repent He judges them before they repent and He did in 70AD and it was the beast and the 10 kings not Jesus who did it for Gods purpose Revelation chapter 17:16-17 shows us that.

The beast and ten kings haven't even showed up yet so they didn't do it either. It was Rome and they only did it because some Jews rebelled.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The beast and ten kings haven't even showed up yet so they didn't do it either. It was Rome and they only did it because some Jews rebelled.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Of course they hadn’t shown up yet at the time revelation was written

God used Rome to destroy Jerusalem for His purpose

Luke 19
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 19
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

The book of Revelation was written 26 years "After" Jerusalem's destruction by Roman armies in 70AD, your reformed preterist interpretation of 68-69AD "Fails"

When Was The Book Of Revelation Written?

Author: Wayne Jackson, Christian Courier

Traditionally, the book of Revelation has been dated near the end of the first century, around A.D. 96. Some writers, however, have advanced the preterist (from a Latin word meaning “that which is past”) view, contending that the Apocalypse was penned around A.D. 68 or 69, and thus the thrust of the book is supposed to relate to the impending destruction of Jerusalem (A.D. 70).

A few prominent names have been associated with this position (e.g., Stuart, Schaff, Lightfoot, Foy E. Wallace Jr.), and for a brief time it was popular with certain scholars. James Orr has observed, however, that recent criticism has reverted to the traditional date of near A.D. 96 (1939, 2584). In fact, the evidence for the later date is extremely strong.

In view of some of the bizarre theories that have surfaced in recent times (e.g., the notion that all end-time prophecies were fulfilled with the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70), which are dependent upon the preterist interpretation, we offer the following.

External Evidence​

The external evidence for the late dating of Revelation is of the highest quality.

Irenaeus​

Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

Clement of Alexandria​

Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).

Even Moses Stuart, America’s most prominent preterist, admitted that the “tyrant here meant is probably Domitian.” Within this narrative, Clement further speaks of John as an “old man.” If Revelation was written prior to A.D. 70, it would scarcely seem appropriate to refer to John as an old man, since he would only have been in his early sixties at this time.

Victorinus​

Victorinus (late third century), author of the earliest commentary on the book of Revelation, wrote:

When John said these things, he was in the island of Patmos, condemned to the mines by Caesar Domitian. There he saw the Apocalypse; and when at length grown old, he thought that he should receive his release by suffering; but Domitian being killed, he was liberated (Commentary on Revelation 10:11).

Jerome​

Jerome (A.D. 340-420) said,

In the fourteenth then after Nero, Domitian having raised up a second persecution, he [John] was banished to the island of Patmos, and wrote the Apocalypse (Lives of Illustrious Men 9).
To all of this may be added the comment of Eusebius, who contends that the historical tradition of his time (A.D. 324) placed the writing of the Apocalypse at the close of Domitian’s reign (III.18). McClintock and Strong, in contending for the later date, declare that “there is no mention in any writer of the first three centuries of any other time or place” (1969, 1064). Upon the basis of external evidence, therefore, there is little contest between the earlier and later dates.

Internal Evidence​

The contents of the book of Revelation also suggest a late date, as the following observations indicate.

The spiritual conditions of the churches described in Revelation chapters two and three more readily harmonize with the late date.

The church in Ephesus, for instance, was not founded by Paul until the latter part of Claudius’s reign: and when he wrote to them from Rome, A.D. 61, instead of reproving them for any want of love, he commends their love and faith (Eph. 1:15) (Horne 1841, 382).

Yet, when Revelation was written, in spite of the fact that the Ephesians had been patient (2:2), they had also left their first love (v. 4), and this would seem to require a greater length of time than seven or eight years, as suggested by the early date.

Another internal evidence of a late date is that this book was penned while John was banished to Patmos (1:9). It is well known that Domitian had a fondness for this type of persecution. If, however, this persecution is dated in the time of Nero, how does one account for the fact that Peter and Paul are murdered, yet John is only exiled to an island? (Eusebius III.18; II.25).

Then consider this fact. The church at Laodicea is represented as existing under conditions of great wealth. She was rich and had need of nothing (3:17). In A.D. 60, though, Laodicea had been almost entirely destroyed by an earthquake. Surely it would have required more than eight or nine years for that city to have risen again to the state of affluence described in Revelation.

The doctrinal departures described in Revelation would appear to better fit the later dating. For example, the Nicolaitans (2:6, 15) were a full-fledged sect at the time of John’s writing, whereas they had only been hinted at in general terms in 2 Peter and Jude, which were written possibly around A.D. 65-66.

Persecution for professing the Christian faith is evidenced in those early letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor. For instance, Antipas had been killed in Pergamum (2:13). It is generally agreed among scholars, however, that Nero’s persecution was mostly confined to Rome; further, it was not for religious reasons (Harrison 1964, 446).

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The book of Revelation was written 26 years "After" Jerusalem's destruction by Roman armies in 70AD, your reformed preterist interpretation of 68-69AD "Fails"

When Was The Book Of Revelation Written?

Author: Wayne Jackson, Christian Courier

Traditionally, the book of Revelation has been dated near the end of the first century, around A.D. 96. Some writers, however, have advanced the preterist (from a Latin word meaning “that which is past”) view, contending that the Apocalypse was penned around A.D. 68 or 69, and thus the thrust of the book is supposed to relate to the impending destruction of Jerusalem (A.D. 70).

A few prominent names have been associated with this position (e.g., Stuart, Schaff, Lightfoot, Foy E. Wallace Jr.), and for a brief time it was popular with certain scholars. James Orr has observed, however, that recent criticism has reverted to the traditional date of near A.D. 96 (1939, 2584). In fact, the evidence for the later date is extremely strong.

In view of some of the bizarre theories that have surfaced in recent times (e.g., the notion that all end-time prophecies were fulfilled with the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70), which are dependent upon the preterist interpretation, we offer the following.

External Evidence​

The external evidence for the late dating of Revelation is of the highest quality.

Irenaeus​

Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

Clement of Alexandria​

Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).

Even Moses Stuart, America’s most prominent preterist, admitted that the “tyrant here meant is probably Domitian.” Within this narrative, Clement further speaks of John as an “old man.” If Revelation was written prior to A.D. 70, it would scarcely seem appropriate to refer to John as an old man, since he would only have been in his early sixties at this time.

Victorinus​

Victorinus (late third century), author of the earliest commentary on the book of Revelation, wrote:

Jerome​

Jerome (A.D. 340-420) said,

To all of this may be added the comment of Eusebius, who contends that the historical tradition of his time (A.D. 324) placed the writing of the Apocalypse at the close of Domitian’s reign (III.18). McClintock and Strong, in contending for the later date, declare that “there is no mention in any writer of the first three centuries of any other time or place” (1969, 1064). Upon the basis of external evidence, therefore, there is little contest between the earlier and later dates.

Internal Evidence​

The contents of the book of Revelation also suggest a late date, as the following observations indicate.

The spiritual conditions of the churches described in Revelation chapters two and three more readily harmonize with the late date.

The church in Ephesus, for instance, was not founded by Paul until the latter part of Claudius’s reign: and when he wrote to them from Rome, A.D. 61, instead of reproving them for any want of love, he commends their love and faith (Eph. 1:15) (Horne 1841, 382).

Yet, when Revelation was written, in spite of the fact that the Ephesians had been patient (2:2), they had also left their first love (v. 4), and this would seem to require a greater length of time than seven or eight years, as suggested by the early date.

Another internal evidence of a late date is that this book was penned while John was banished to Patmos (1:9). It is well known that Domitian had a fondness for this type of persecution. If, however, this persecution is dated in the time of Nero, how does one account for the fact that Peter and Paul are murdered, yet John is only exiled to an island? (Eusebius III.18; II.25).

Then consider this fact. The church at Laodicea is represented as existing under conditions of great wealth. She was rich and had need of nothing (3:17). In A.D. 60, though, Laodicea had been almost entirely destroyed by an earthquake. Surely it would have required more than eight or nine years for that city to have risen again to the state of affluence described in Revelation.

The doctrinal departures described in Revelation would appear to better fit the later dating. For example, the Nicolaitans (2:6, 15) were a full-fledged sect at the time of John’s writing, whereas they had only been hinted at in general terms in 2 Peter and Jude, which were written possibly around A.D. 65-66.

Persecution for professing the Christian faith is evidenced in those early letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor. For instance, Antipas had been killed in Pergamum (2:13). It is generally agreed among scholars, however, that Nero’s persecution was mostly confined to Rome; further, it was not for religious reasons (Harrison 1964, 446).

Why claim that I think revelation was written in 68-69 AD when I have never claimed or even believe that?

These are all peoples views written way after 70AD and none of them are biblical authority. They are just views just like the many views I have read for the earlier date.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 19
You suggestively write that the 10 kings hadn't shown up yet because the Revelation was written "Pre 70AD" (Wrong)

The book of Revelation was written in roughly in 96AD during the reign of Roman Emperor Domitian 81-96AD, as you have been clearly shown

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You suggestively write that the 10 kings hadn't shown up yet because the Revelation was written "Pre 70AD" (Wrong)

The book of Revelation was written in roughly in 96AD during the reign of Roman Emperor Domitian 81-96AD, as you have been clearly shown

Jesus Is The Lord
I wasn’t clearly shown anything you just posted some peoples views