Revelation Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
Revelation Timeline
1:1 – 5:14 = Introductory/Preparatory Material6:1 – 8:1 = Seven Seals from start of Trib to End, and continuing on into MillenniumRev 7 Multitude = Millennial Celebration, NOT a scene from heaven8:2 – 11:19 = Seven Trumpets = 2nd Half of Trib11:1 – 11:13 = recapping interlude covering entire second half of Trib12:1 – 12:5 = Life of Christ in perspective with other events12:6 – 14:20 = 2nd Half of Trib14:1-5 = salvation of Jewish remnant in Petra/Bosrah at Second Coming14:6-13 = Announcement of Day of the Lord beginning14:14-16 = RAPTURE, in conjunction with 2nd Coming14:17-20 = Day of the Lord Judgment of the Earth15:1 – 16:21 = Seven Bowls, equal to late in 2nd half of Trib16:17-21 = Seventh Bowl = 2nd Coming17:1-18 = Mystery Babylon in perspective18:1 – 22:5 = Continuous sequence: destruction of Babylon, 2nd Coming, Millennium, Eternal State22:6 – 21 = Closing remarks Parallel Points: Second Coming = Sixth Bowl, Seventh Trumpet, Seventh Bowl, All of Rev 14, 19:11-21

covenant mom

Mar 22, 2008
I'd have to agree with you here Luke
smile.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;41388)
Revelation Timeline
1:1 – 5:14 = Introductory/Preparatory Material6:1 – 8:1 = Seven Seals from start of Trib to End, and continuing on into MillenniumRev 7 Multitude = Millennial Celebration, NOT a scene from heaven8:2 – 11:19 = Seven Trumpets = 2nd Half of Trib11:1 – 11:13 = recapping interlude covering entire second half of Trib12:1 – 12:5 = Life of Christ in perspective with other events12:6 – 14:20 = 2nd Half of Trib14:1-5 = salvation of Jewish remnant in Petra/Bosrah at Second Coming14:6-13 = Announcement of Day of the Lord beginning14:14-16 = RAPTURE, in conjunction with 2nd Coming14:17-20 = Day of the Lord Judgment of the Earth15:1 – 16:21 = Seven Bowls, equal to late in 2nd half of Trib16:17-21 = Seventh Bowl = 2nd Coming17:1-18 = Mystery Babylon in perspective18:1 – 22:5 = Continuous sequence: destruction of Babylon, 2nd Coming, Millennium, Eternal State22:6 – 21 = Closing remarks Parallel Points: Second Coming = Sixth Bowl, Seventh Trumpet, Seventh Bowl, All of Rev 14, 19:11-21
I'm not getting it

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(Jackie D;42689)
I'm not getting it
(followerofchrist;42710)
I'm confused, you repeated yourself a few times their
OK, let me see if I can take another stab at it here…. (I would post a graphic representation, except that I’m ignorant about creating computer graphics, sorry.)Let’s try it this way:1. The seals encompass the entire Tribulation, with Seal # 1 being equal to approximately the start of the seven year period, and the seventh seal being the end of the seven-year period.
a. The Sixth Seal is the appearance of Jesus in the sky and is also the pronouncement of the Day of the Lord’s beginning.b. The sealing of the 144,000 in Chapter 7 is a continuation of the sequence that started in Chapter 6. (It’s actually a bad place for a chapter division, if you ask me.) The 144,000 are the Remnant of Israel being saved, in fulfillment of Zechariah 12:10-14 – “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be great, like the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, and all the rest of the clans and their wives. ”Notice that it says “They will look on me”. This means that Jesus is there for them to see with their eyes! When they realize that the last 2000+ years of persecution, scattering etc. could have been avoided, they will certainly have cause to “mourn”.This is also the fulfillment of Paul’s discussion in Romans 9-11 about the Israeli remnant being saved – “All Israel will be saved.” Whether or not the 144,000 is a literal number, I don’t know. There is a precedent in the Bible for round numbers like this to not be taken literally, so we’ll just have to wait and see about that. The main point about the number 144,000 and there being 12,000 from 12 tribes would seem to be that not a single person who is supposed to be included in this event will be missed by the Lord. c. The “great multitude” of Revelation 7 is NOT a scene in heaven of believers coming up from earth during the Tribulation as is commonly believed. There are clues here that tell us what this actually is. There are several allusions to Old Testament passages which are "Millennial" in nature:
i. The saints are holding "palm branches." This is a reference to the "Feast of Tabernacles." Throughout this feast, which occurs from the fifteenth to the twenty-first of the seventh month, God's people were commanded to cut off palm branches and celebrate before the Lord, [Lev. 23:34,40]. The Feast of Tabernacles will also be celebrated every year during the Millennium as a memorial to God's bringing us through our "wilderness" into the promised land, His Kingdom, [Zech. 14:16-19].ii. They are wearing their white robes, [Rev. 7:9]. According to Rev. 19:7,8 the Bride is granted permission to wear white robes immediately before the second coming. Therefore this scene takes place some time after the scene in Rev. 19.iii. They are worshipping before the Throne in the Temple, [Rev. 7:15]. This is the Millennial Temple described by Ezekiel in chapters 40-44. Ezekiel specifically states that God's Throne, (which is portable, complete with living creatures, with wings and retractable landing gear, who carry the Throne, [Ezek. 1:1-28] ) will be moved to the Millennial Temple, [Ezek. 43:1-9]. Daniel also describes the Throne of the "Ancient of Days" moving to earth at the time when the "Son of man came with the clouds of heaven," [Dan. 7:9,13,14,21,22, see also Jer. 3:16,17]. This appearance of Jehovah coming on His Throne, (as in Ezekiel's vision of chapter 1, [cf. Ezek. 43:3 & Ezek. 1:1] ) and the appearance of Christ on the white horse beside Him, is what strikes fear in the hearts of men at the sixth seal. "...hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the Throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of His [Their] wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" [Rev. 6:16,17]. Jesus said to those who were about to crucify Him; "ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." [Mark 14:62]. No doubt He was referring to the Day of the Lord. The armies gathered around Jerusalem to wipe out the Jewish remnant, and defeat the "Messiah," will suddenly find their arrogance turned to terror when the sun turns black, the moon turns blood red, meteors begin raining down, the earth begins to quake violently, and they see a brilliant light engulfing the clouds over the Mount of Olives, [Matt. 24:29-31]. As the clouds roll back like a scroll, and they see Jehovah sitting on the Throne, and the Warrior on the white horse at His side, with millions of saints and angels in their wake, no wonder they call for the rocks to fall on them to hide from the face of the Almighty. [Read: Psalm 2:1-12, Isaiah 13:3-13, Isaiah 26:21, Joel 2:1-11, Micah 1:3.]iv. God has come to dwell among His people, not the other way around, [Rev. 7:15]. Compare this to: Ezek. 43:7,9, Joel 3:17, Zech. 2:10-13, all Millennial settings.v. Rev. 7:16,17 is a direct quote from Isa. 49:10 and Isa. 25:8 which are describing the Millennium. Revelation 7 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Isaiah 49 10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them. 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; ... When Revelation quotes Millennial passages from Isaiah and applies them to the scene following the cosmic signs, we can be certain that Revelation is describing the Millennium in chapter seven.vi. Rev. 7:17- "Living waters" come from Millennial passages. David, Ezekiel, and Zechariah, all describe a river of living water flowing from the Millennial Temple, [Psalm 46:6, Ezek. 47:1-10, Zech. 14:8].vii. Rev. 7:17- "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." This is a very important quote from Isaiah 25:8 "He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces;" Not only is this promise in a Millennial setting, but Paul quoted the first sentence, claiming its fulfillment at the 2nd Coming/Rapture, when the "last trumpet" sounds. "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory" [1 Cor. 15:54]. The fact that Paul quoted Isaiah 25:8, and said that it would be fulfilled at the rapture, and John also quoted from the same verse, placing its fulfillment immediately after the sun and moon signs, is powerful evidence that these events are the same.viii. The Seventh Seal, in Rev. 8:1, brings total silence in heaven. Based on what we have learned so far, heaven is empty during the entire Millennium. Before heaven moves to earth on the Day of the Lord, heaven has experienced the sounds of continuous praise. Revelation 4:8 – “And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.[.i]” The fact that there is silence in heaven indicates the perpetual praise of Jehovah no longer rings out there. The thirty minutes of silence represents the fact that all worship of Jehovah has transferred to earth for the Millennial Kingdom, just as Revelation 7:9-12 indicates.
2. Then the Seven Trumpets, at Revelation 8:2 mark a point of re-capping. It’s difficult to be dogmatic about the precise moment the trumpets begin, but they appear to be roughly equivalent to the Tribulation’s 2nd half. The main reason for this would be the interlude found in Revelation 11:1-13 about the two witnesses. They are normally taken to be located in the 2nd half of the Tribulation, and since their ministry is said to last for precisely 1,260 days (and that is NOT a round number), and 1,260 days would indeed be equivalent to half of seven years, it seems to be a reasonable conclusion that the trumpets that are sandwiching these two witnesses would be contained within the same time period.3. Then Revelation 12:1-5 is a recapping of the life of Jesus here on the earth, but from Heaven’s perspective.4. Revelation 12:6 - 14:20 then goes on with the same heavenly perspective to describe what happens in Heaven at the Tribulation’s midpoint – the casting out of Satan to the earth along with his demonic hoard.5. In Revelation 14, we see no less than three separate representations of the 2nd Coming.
a. First, in Revelation 14:1-5, we see again the salvation of the remnant of Israel when they “mourn for Him whom they have pierced”.b. Then in Revelation 14:6-13, we have the angel’s announcement that the Day of the Lord will now begin, and the resultant consequences who are on wrong side of it.c. Next, in Revelation 14:14-16, we have the RAPTURE! (Notice that the one doing the harvesting is Jesus [the “Son of Man”], that He is in the clouds, just like in Paul’s description of the Rapture in I Thessalonians, and that Jesus is harvesting, which is an allusion back to the parables Jesus told in the Gospels about “harvesting”.)d. Finally, in Revelation 14:17-20, we have the actual Day of the Lord judgment with the Raptured believers watching from up in the sky, from a position of safety.​
6. In Revelation 15:1 – 16:21, we jump back in time to a point somewhere in the 2nd half of the Tribulation. Unfortunately, I have not found any clues as to precisely where in the 2nd half these events begin, but if anybody can show me something that I missed, I’m certainly all ears, er um, eyes. This includes the first 6 bowl judgments.7. In Revelation 16:17-21, we have the 7th bowl and the 2nd Coming again. (See the parallels at the bottom for more on this...)8. Revelation 17 is a symbolic historical perspective on Mystery Babylon, which is its final incarnation will be the Mahdi’s version of Islam, when the Antichrist presents himself to the world first as the “Mahdi” and then as no less than Allah in the flesh, at which time he will demand that the world worship him as such.9. In Revelation 18:1 – 22:5, we have the longest continuous sequence of prophetic events in the entire New Testament, possibly the entire Bible. This sequence features the final, total destruction of the city of Babylon, the 2nd Coming, the conquest of the Antichrist, followed by the Millennium, the final judgment of the lost at the Great White Throne, and then the final Eternal State10. Revelation 22:6 – 21 are closing remarks directed at the apostle John and at his readers, you and me. The statement not to add or to take away anything to or from the Scriptures is the only time in the entire Bible that such a warning is given, which is surely one of the strongest indications possible that the canon of Scripture is now closed.Points of parallelism: Earthquake/hailstorm – Revelation 16:18–21 = Revelation 11:19 = Revelation 6:12–14 These three scriptures are all the same event. (They are also equivalent with the end of Ezekiel 38.)Second Coming: - Revelation 6:12-17 = Revelation 11:15-19 = Revelation 14:1-20 = Revelation 16:17-21 = Revelation 19:11-21 These five Scriptures are all the same event and there are also NUMEROUS other similar passages throughout the Bible, including Matthew 22 & I Thessalonians 4-5, just to name only two off the top of my head. We can certainly explore these points of parallelism further if there is interest.I hope this clears things up some, let me know if it doesn’t and I’ll try another approach….