Revelations 1:17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

What do you think is the meaning of this scripture?
The context in there shows that the title “the First and the Last” applies to Jesus Christ. He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life and the last one to be so resurrected by Jehovah personally.—Col. 1:18.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think Christ the author and perfecter of our new faith we as new creatures receive the end from the begining .If he has begun the good teaching work in us he our confidence wil finish it to the last day.

1 Peter 1:1:9-11 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The beginning and the end...there is none before Him and none after Him....
He alone was able to bring salvation to God's people.
And undo what Satan had done through Adam and Eve.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I think this verse in Isaiah explains it nicely:

Isa 43:10 You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

The repetition of the phrase in Isaiah's prophecies and in Revelation by Christ is to give emphasis to His infinite and eternal Presence.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 1:17-18 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (18) I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Isa 41:4
Who has wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isa 44:6-8
Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (7) And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them. (8) Fear you not, neither be afraid: have not I told you from that time, and have declared it? you are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.