Revival RPG- talk and plan :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sarah looked in the mirror to find the scar on her forehead. It was invisible now but she could still feel it when she ran her finger across the top of her head. "You are very blessed" she said to herself out loud. Something her grand parents always said to her when she was growing up. Her parents had died in a car crash when she was a baby but she could not remember it. She was just told that she was fortunate to be alive after a horrific head on collision with an articulated truck. Her grand parents used to tell her that the angel who was assigned to her at birth must have been very busy that day. They loved her as their own and taught her at a very young age about Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior. "You're going to be late, " her Aunt yelled out from the kitchen. She smiled and hesitated for a second, "Okay Auntie, I'm on my way" After picking up her sword, she left. The youth group was just down the road from her Aunts house which gave her time to pray. A smile played across her face when she thought about her grandparents. "Don't forget your sword dear," her poppa used to tell her. She treasured that bible because it was given to her just before they went into a retirement home. It was her nan's special sword.

Sarah reached the youth group just as Mr Morrison was introducing a new girl into the group. She quietly found a chair and sat down.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarah looked in the mirror to find the scar on her forehead. It was invisible now but she could still feel it when she ran her finger across the top of her head. "You are very blessed" she said to herself out loud. Something her grand parents always said to her when she was growing up. Her parents had died in a car crash when she was a baby but she could not remember it. She was just told that she was fortunate to be alive after a horrific head on collision with an articulated truck. Her grand parents used to tell her that the angel who was assigned to her at birth must have been very busy that day. They loved her as their own and taught her at a very young age about Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior. "You're going to be late, " her Aunt yelled out from the kitchen. She smiled and hesitated for a second, "Okay Auntie, I'm on my way" After picking up her sword, she left. The youth group was just down the road from her Aunts house which gave her time to pray. A smile played across her face when she thought about her grandparents. "Don't forget your sword dear," her poppa used to tell her. She treasured that bible because it was given to her just before they went into a retirement home. It was her nan's special sword.

Sarah reached the youth group just as Mr Morrison was introducing a new girl into the group. She quietly found a chair and sat down.

Mr. Morrison noticed Sarah and went over to greet her. "I see you have your sword today. Ready for some Bible Jeapardy I see." He said. He pointed over to Hope who had just sat down with Ellie. "There is someone new here that may just challenge you and Jacob tonight."

Reactions: Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Mr. Morrison noticed Sarah and went over to greet her. "I see you have your sword today. Ready for some Bible Jeapardy I see." He said. He pointed over to Hope who had just sat down with Ellie. "There is someone new here that may just challenge you and Jacob tonight."

Sarah openly blushed at Mr Morrison's remark. She was still not used to being singled out, even something as simple as an introduction. "It must be an American thing", she thought. Sarah swallowed hard and nodded toward Jacob and the new girl. Then she pulled out her sword and pretended to read her bible to allow her face to come back to it's natural shade. Sarah was so used to hanging out with older people, she had to work really hard at mixing with young people her own age. "You're an old soul," her poppa once said and she particularly felt that way tonight.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarah openly blushed at Mr Morrison's remark. She was still not used to being singled out, even something as simple as an introduction. "It must be an American thing", she thought. Sarah swallowed hard and nodded toward Jacob and the new girl. Then she pulled out her sword and pretended to read her bible to allow her face to come back to it's natural shade. Sarah was so used to hanging out with older people, she had to work really hard at mixing with young people her own age. "You're an old soul," her poppa once said and she particularly felt that way tonight.

"You should go over...make some new friends." Mr.Morrison said with a frown. "You know Jacob and Ellie. And Hope is a very nice girl."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"You should go over...make some new friends." Mr.Morrison said with a frown. "You know Jacob and Ellie. And Hope is a very nice girl."

Sarah did not respond to Mr Morrison's remark because she was alerted by a deep prompting in her inner being. She scanned the room and her glance fell on Hope. "Oh," she thought. "The new girl has been through a rough time, she has lost someone very dear to her, just like me." Sarah felt a real compassion in her heart toward her and decided to make a real effort to get to know her better. "Perhaps after the Youth group I could ask her if she'd like to come over to my house and hang out on Sunday after Church", she thought...

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jacob finished setting up 3 podiums, made earlier out of cardboard boxes, he saw Sarah walk through the doors. He knew she had to still be missing her parents. He could not imagine losing his parents. If he did, he hoped that his faith would bring him through his grief and he would not waver. As Sarah was opening her "sword", he walked over to greet her, and as usual, she blushed.
Hi Sarah, how are you doing today! Sarah, looked up and smiled at him and said, I feel blessed beyond measure! How she could still keep that wonderful joy of hers despite losing her loving parents.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope stood up to stretch. "I saw there was some youth group retreat at the state park?" She said to Ellie. "It sounds like fun. I might ask my mom if I can go."

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is going awesome, and we can write this story however. It is great to find other writers here and feels great to do this again. It was one of my favorite hobbies for the longest!!!!

A bit of rpg background though. It is a lot like a play where we play our own parts/develop our characters, etc. So when writing an rpg, we really try not to control another person's character (like how they respond to you. What they do, etc.) I don't have any expectations for this or anything. I just created it for fun, because I like writing stories. :) It is definitely another avenue in bringing God glory and bringing the Gospel to those who may not listen otherwise. I just thought since y'all may be new to rpg I should explain a bit more for how one is actually written. I personally think it makes it a bit more challenging.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Long enough to catch the accent, Ellie laughed lightly. My family moved here from California when I was 7 years old. And, even though I was about half your age, I did not want to leave the only home I ever knew, and the friends I had made either.
So Hope, tell me about your walk with Jesus, they are still setting up the questions for Jeopardy, so we still have a little time left.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Long enough to catch the accent, Ellie laughed lightly. My family moved here from California when I was 7 years old. And, even though I was about half your age, I did not want to leave the only home I ever knew, and the friends I had made either.
So Hope, tell me about your walk with Jesus, they are still setting up the questions for Jeopardy, so we still have a little time left.

"Yeh I can imagine moving was difficult at seven also." Hope empathized. "But it looks like you are pretty popular around here."

Hope shrugged. "Well my dad was a pastor, so I grew up in church all my life. And I have always gone to church when the doors are open." She said. She laughed. "I am pretty sure I will be able to anniahlate everyone in this game tonight. I know a lot about the Bible."

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sherwin continued to sit quietly, wishing to avoid any glares from his "new" older sister, Casey, whom was the one that made him come to the Youth Group again tonight. He knew he wouldn't be good at Bible Jeopardy, and so he would continue to opt out to just watch those that wanted to play, but still he was very much under the watchful eye of Casey.

"So how is crazy boy this week?" came Becky as she saddled in the seat next to Casey.

"You mean other than talking to himself and being a kleptomaniac while he is at it?" grumbled Casey under her breath to Becky in order to avoid any one else overhearing their disrespecting her newly adopted brother.

"I knew he was trouble.." Becky chimed in whispering, "he does not deserve to be in your home. I mean, look at him. He is such a loser."

Casey looked at Sherwin and shook her head,"I could hear him talking to himself, but there are times when I think I hear a tiny voice talking back to him."

"You do?" Becky asked incredulously, "maybe he is schizoid.. like a split personality or something...?"

"I dunno..." Casey whispered back, "but there was one time when that tiny voice was interrupting him while he was speaking," she looked at Becky whom was bewildered, "yah.. I know. Creepy."

"Oh.. I know...he has a tape recorder going.... to fool ya!" Becky announced.

Casey nodded her head and considered her speculation, and said, "He has been blaming all the missing items on a fairy friend of his named "Playasong". Like.. yeah.. right. "

"Didn't you say he has been shuffled around from foster home to foster home before he got adopted by your folks?" Becky inquired whereby Casey nodded for confirmation. Then Becky continued, "Yea.. probably a gimmick in making people think he is crazy so he could get away with stealing."

"At least until they get sick of it and boot him back to Child Social Services," Casey surmised with Becky," but yeah.. that may just be a trick of his."

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sherwin continued to sit quietly, wishing to avoid any glares from his "new" older sister, Casey, whom was the one that made him come to the Youth Group again tonight. He knew he wouldn't be good at Bible Jeopardy, and so he would continue to opt out to just watch those that wanted to play, but still he was very much under the watchful eye of Casey.

"So how is crazy boy this week?" came Becky as she saddled in the seat next to Casey.

"You mean other than talking to himself and being a kleptomaniac while he is at it?" grumbled Casey under her breath to Becky in order to avoid any one else overhearing their disrespecting her newly adopted brother.

"I knew he was trouble.." Becky chimed in whispering, "he does not deserve to be in your home. I mean, look at him. He is such a loser."

Casey looked at Sherwin and shook her head,"I could hear him talking to himself, but there are times when I think I hear a tiny voice talking back to him."

"You do?" Becky asked incredulously, "maybe he is schizoid.. like a split personality or something...?"

"I dunno..." Casey whispered back, "but there was one time when that tiny voice was interrupting him while he was speaking," she looked at Becky whom was bewildered, "yah.. I know. Creepy."

Casey nodded her head and considered her speculation, and said, "He has been blaming all the missing items on a fairy friend of his named "Playasong". Like.. yeah.. right. "

"Didn't you say he has been shuffled around from foster home to foster home before he got adopted by your folks?" Becky inquired whereby Casey nodded for confirmation. Then Becky continued, "Yea.. probably a gimmick in making people think he is crazy so he could get away with stealing."

"At least until they get sick of it and boot him back to Child Social Services," Casey surmised with Becky," but yeah.. that may just be a trick of his."

Mr. Morrison made his rounds as he greeted his flock. "Father, I pray for the youth of this church. I pray every devotion and game tonight will spark a revival in their hearts, and growth in others. I thank you for Your guidance..."

He heard "schizoid" near him and saw Becky and Casey staring at Sherwin. Mr. Morrison sighed heavily and went over to Sherwin who was sitting by hisself.

"Welcome back Sherwin." Mr. Morrison said, greeting him with a smile. "I know you probably don't want to play Jeapardy tonight, but not to worry. We will have a bonfire later tonight and you may enjoy yourself. We will have some hotdogs and smores."

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sarah did not respond to Mr Morrison's remark because she was alerted by a deep prompting in her inner being. She scanned the room and her glance fell on Hope. "Oh," she thought. "The new girl has been through a rough time, she has lost someone very dear to her, just like me." Sarah felt a real compassion in her heart toward her and decided to make a real effort to get to know her better. "Perhaps after the Youth group I could ask her if she'd like to come over to my house and hang out on Sunday after Church", she thought...

"Hey Sarah, come here for a second. I would like for you to meet someone." Mr. Morrison said waving towards her.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody like to take the role of Jacob?? Too many characters for my addled brain right now, lol..but I will check in on the story now and then to see how it develops :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's okay Nancy. I am new at this as well and I like the story line so far ~

Sarah's eyes narrowed a little as she looked at Mr Morrison and smiled convincingly. "Why do adults have to be so embarrassing", she thought. "Sure thing!" and then proceeded to follow him. Sarah caught a familiar face as the door to the youth group room opened and she hesitated. "Mike, what are you doing here?" Her cousin motioned her over. "Mom asked me to come pick you up after the youth group but I thought I'd come and take a look and maybe learn a few things", he grinned. Michael was a strapping boy who played defence for the local football team. Practice finished early so instead of hanging out with his team mates, he felt compelled to find out more about this whole Christianity thing that seemed to be a big part of his cousin's life. He admired her so much. She was so brave and determined. Of course, he would never admit that to her...."not in a million years," he thought.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I just re-read to catch up and, I'm sorry @Angelina - I stole Sarah :oops: It was un-intentional! ♥

and then I read this from @Mayflower
: So when writing an rpg,we really try not to control another person's character...:oops::oops:

Well you are doing awesome!!!! I didn't think there would be an interest, so I didn't post anything on how an rpg worked at first. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sarah's eyes narrowed a little as she looked at Mr Morrison and smiled convincingly. "Why do adults have to be so embarrassing", she thought. "Sure thing!" and then proceeded to follow him. Sarah caught a familiar face as the door to the youth group room opened and she hesitated. "Mike, what are you doing here?" Her cousin motioned her over. "Mom asked me to come pick you up after the youth group but I thought I'd come and take a look and maybe learn a few things", he grinned. Michael was a strapping boy who played defence for the local football team. Practice finished early so instead of hanging out with his team mates, he felt compelled to find out more about this whole Christianity thing that seemed to be a big part of his cousin's life. He admired her so much. She was so brave and determined. Of course, he would never admit that to her...."not in a million years," he thought.

Aw, Ty. I'm more of a reader I suppose, and you all are doing great! JIF has a pretty good one started too I see!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Good, hi Mike! Welcome!" Mr. Morrison said. "Sherwin, this is Sarah and Mike. I am unsure if you met Sarah yet, but this is her cousin."

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are doing awesome!!!! I didn't think there would be an interest, so I didn't post anything on how an rpg worked at first. :)
Thanks MF...I see JIF popped in, he's good, maybe he could take over Jacob? or should ya write Jacob out?...lol.