Revival RPG- talk and plan :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good idea! This is why I wonder also if your campfire idea would be better. Would y'all be up for a relaunch for that style? How this would work is it is just writing a story rather then a play. So where one person leaves off, the next person would write another part and so on. There would be no individual parts and therefore not having to wait for when people take breaks and things. And the best part is, there isn't like a certain way campfire style has to be done. It is just writing a story.
I do like the campfire one better @Mayflower . Never wrote a real story or a play, lol. And, I'm sorry @JesusIsFaithful -I at first thought you were a guy! I mixed you up with someone else on here that at 1st, I thought was a woman, but turned out to be a man...doh...sry.

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awww that would be awesome for a Creative Writing subforum. It looks like we have some interest here. I like to write short stories and song lyrics and things too. Just never got into it much on Christian Forums.

I realize bwcause of my anxiety, I have to write more realistic rpg's then fantasy type. It seems like I tend do go dark. When I was little I created a whole world in my mind because of abuse I went through. And it got so bad I stopped writing for the longest time. So I LOVE this. Because I have a purpose in mind with my stories for spiritual growth and salvation stories. And with campfire types, it will be even easier to not make my characters so sad all the time. I tend to get a bit dramatic. Lolol.

For ones who don't write much like @Nancy dob's feel intimidated by how I talk about all this writing stuff. Just have fun. Lol. Nancy, do you think campfire may sound easier for you? And easier to read. How about you @Angelina ? We can try different types if we did have a Creative Writing subforum. I think creative writing is a wonderful way to glorify God. And a nice place to go between discussions and things. :)

I do actually like the campfire style better...but, again I'm no writer bit I will give it my best, God willing :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like the campfire one better @Mayflower . Never wrote a real story or a play, lol. And, I'm sorry @JesusIsFaithful -I at first thought you were a guy! I mixed you up with someone else on here that at 1st, I thought was a woman, but turned out to be a man...doh...sry.

I did too Nancy!!!!! I got him mixed up with Victory. Because I pm'd him to ask a question, but I feel awkward pming men since I am married. Very rarely do I do that. Not that faithful is a creeper or anything. It is just one of my things. :D That is funny though. People sure love Jesus around here. Everyone has Him in their usernames. ^-^ love it.

And Nancy, you do amazing!!!! It is like you have written a lot before. This is why I think starting off, campfire will be easier. And we can do an rpg later on @JesusIsFaithful @Angelina if you like the challenge. I love that style too.

I had this idea of a youth group having a retreat camping in a state park, and the youth leader gets hurt. So they have to find their way back to the city and grow spiritually along the way as they develop survival skills. This would be a great story for character development in a play type setting.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
campfire is definitely more laid back. Okay. Relaunch! And I can make an OOC thread later for my rpg idea if y'all are interested. Get the best of both worlds. Lol!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did too Nancy!!!!! I got him mixed up with Victory. Because I pm'd him to ask a question, but I feel awkward pming men since I am married. Very rarely do I do that. Not that faithful is a creeper or anything. It is just one of my things. :D That is funny though. People sure love Jesus around here. Everyone has Him in their usernames. ^-^ love it.

And Nancy, you do amazing!!!! It is like you have written a lot before. This is why I think starting off, campfire will be easier. And we can do an rpg later on @JesusIsFaithful @Angelina if you like the challenge. I love that style too.

I had this idea of a youth group having a retreat camping in a state park, and the youth leader gets hurt. So they have to find their way back to the city and grow spiritually along the way as they develop survival skills. This would be a great story for character development in a play type setting.

Ahahaha! I also confused jif with vij!!!! As far as private messaging, I have PM'd with several, both men and women who are in Christ on here. I will admit there is one on here that I had felt a bit of conviction while PMing and had prayed about it...nothing untoward took place with our short PM's but, just the same, I did feel conviction.
"I had this idea of a youth group having a retreat camping in a state park, and the youth leader gets hurt. So they have to find their way back to the city and grow spiritually along the way as they develop survival skills. This would be a great story for character development in a play type setting."
Great idea! Gives it some adventure!

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahahaha! I also confused jif with vij!!!! As far as private messaging, I have PM'd with several, both men and women who are in Christ on here. I will admit there is one on here that I had felt a bit of conviction while PMing and had prayed about it...nothing untoward took place with our short PM's but, just the same, I did feel conviction.
"I had this idea of a youth group having a retreat camping in a state park, and the youth leader gets hurt. So they have to find their way back to the city and grow spiritually along the way as they develop survival skills. This would be a great story for character development in a play type setting."
Great idea! Gives it some adventure!

um, no WAY am I gonna start this...! LOL.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am a guy. :)

Not sure why you had thought I wasn't? Was it because I had thought you should take Jacob back since he was your creation? You do not have to use him in the rpg if Mayflower running with that or in the campfire tale for the other. I just thought that since most of us have a male and female character, there is no reason why you shouldn't keep your Jacob, is all. Mayflower has her wild child boyfriend, Jacob, coming in with her Hope character and Angelina has Sarah and Mike and I have Sherwin and Casey.. so far.. might be dropping Becky.. she was meant to be a supporting cast anyway.

I am a guy. So no need to apologize.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a guy. :)

Not sure why you had thought I wasn't? Was it because I had thought you should take Jacob back since he was your creation? You do not have to use him in the rpg if Mayflower running with that or in the campfire tale for the other. I just thought that since most of us have a male and female character, there is no reason why you shouldn't keep your Jacob, is all. Mayflower has her ild child boyfriend, Jacob, coming in with her Hope character and Angelina has Sarah and Mike and I have Sherwin and Casey.. so far.. might be dropping Becky.. she was meant to be a supporting cast anyway.

I am a guy. So no need to apologize.
Leave it to me to confuse things, lol...I was just looking for the very post of mine you quoted above, so I could correct it...sry!!!
"might be dropping Becky.. she was meant to be a supporting cast anyway." Lol...since we are the authors, we can write anybody in or out. The campfire thing is more up my alley...

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awww that would be awesome for a Creative Writing subforum. It looks like we have some interest here. I like to write short stories and song lyrics and things too. Just never got into it much on Christian Forums.

I realize bwcause of my anxiety, I have to write more realistic rpg's then fantasy type. It seems like I tend do go dark. When I was little I created a whole world in my mind because of abuse I went through. And it got so bad I stopped writing for the longest time. So I LOVE this. Because I have a purpose in mind with my stories for spiritual growth and salvation stories. And with campfire types, it will be even easier to not make my characters so sad all the time. I tend to get a bit dramatic. Lolol.

For ones who don't write much like @Nancy dob's feel intimidated by how I talk about all this writing stuff. Just have fun. Lol. Nancy, do you think campfire may sound easier for you? And easier to read. How about you @Angelina ? We can try different types if we did have a Creative Writing subforum. I think creative writing is a wonderful way to glorify God. And a nice place to go between discussions and things. :)

With the Lord's help and guidance, creative writing can be.

I know I have to watch out for how I write also, and I am trusting Him to help me not get attached to any character I am writing since all our works and imaginations will be forgotten when He takes us Home anyway. We certainly cannot take it with us when a whole lot better things awaits us.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds good.

Can you describe the general retreat of what is expected and what it entails? I mean.. if you were to organize it at your church, what would be the itinerary or the travel plans for the group? Why would they have to go all the way to the city if a youth leader gets hurt? Isn't there a ranger station at a state park that would be closer? Or maybe a retreat center where medical aid can be rendered if they make it back there? Or is it the idea that they have gone so far off the trail to see something "special" at the edge of the State Park that it would be closer to the city limits when it happened?

I am sure you will work out the general idea of the retreat. It has been a long time since I have gone camping and so hopefully, my ignorance will not be seen in my writing, ha!

~~~~"Look at this pretty vine with three leafs foliage on it!" Sherwin announced as he walked back into the campsite after rolling down the hill when Casey had tossed him down for leaving the toilet seat up in the portable john.

"Um..." Hope stammered ...."that's poison ivy."

"What? No, silly. Poison Ivy is a villain of Batman," Sherwin smiled at Hope,"trying to pull one over me, huh?"

"It is amazing how you have to learn these lessons the hard way,"Hope replies, shaking her head.~~~~

Is my ignorance showing yet? LOL!

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that is HILARIOUS. And I have always been one to sort of wing it. Lol. Because I didn't even think of that....

I think Ill do a campfire one. I am beat though. All set up for start of the semester though. :) Early Childhood Education. Full time online.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that is HILARIOUS. And I have always been one to sort of wing it. Lol. Because I didn't even think of that....

I think Ill do a campfire one. I am beat though. All set up for start of the semester though. :) Early Childhood Education. Full time online.

No pressure now. It is just for fun when you have the time and feel like writing for fun. It shouldn't be another "chore".;)

So when you are tired... take a beat and rest and relax. You are not bound to do this, okay? I'm not. So you shouldn't be wearing any yoke or burden for writing it, okay? We need His help to be free from all commitments in being ready and willing to go when the Bridegroom comes anyway.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol this is why campfire sounds great. I always felt bad when I started a role play game and dropped out. Because they had to find another one for the character. :) I started it, but me daughter is squirming and I got to get off. Lol! Her bedtime is at 9. :p then I can play

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good.

Can you describe the general retreat of what is expected and what it entails? I mean.. if you were to organize it at your church, what would be the itinerary or the travel plans for the group? Why would they have to go all the way to the city if a youth leader gets hurt? Isn't there a ranger station at a state park that would be closer? Or maybe a retreat center where medical aid can be rendered if they make it back there? Or is it the idea that they have gone so far off the trail to see something "special" at the edge of the State Park that it would be closer to the city limits when it happened?

I am sure you will work out the general idea of the retreat. It has been a long time since I have gone camping and so hopefully, my ignorance will not be seen in my writing, ha!

~~~~"Look at this pretty vine with three leafs foliage on it!" Sherwin announced as he walked back into the campsite after rolling down the hill when Casey had tossed him down for leaving the toilet seat up in the portable john.

"Um..." Hope stammered ...."that's poison ivy."

"What? No, silly. Poison Ivy is a villain of Batman," Sherwin smiled at Hope,"trying to pull one over me, huh?"

"It is amazing how you have to learn these lessons the hard way,"Hope replies, shaking her head.~~~~

Is my ignorance showing yet? LOL!

""Look at this pretty vine with three leafs foliage on it!" Sherwin announced as he walked back into the campsite after rolling down the hill when Casey had tossed him down for leaving the toilet seat up in the portable john." Now, that's funny :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No pressure now. It is just for fun when you have the time and feel like writing for fun. It shouldn't be another "chore".;)

So when you are tired... take a beat and rest and relax. You are not bound to do this, okay? I'm not. So you shouldn't be wearing any yoke or burden for writing it, okay? We need His help to be free from all commitments in being ready and willing to go when the Bridegroom comes anyway.

"So you shouldn't be wearing any yoke or burden for writing it, okay? We need His help to be free from all commitments in being ready and willing to go when the Bridegroom comes anyway." Amen! I think I did just that earlier on when starting this. The more I felt that I HAD to do it, the more I couldn't even THINK of anything TO write, lol...

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I did like your last post, Mayflower, but would you write when you have time about why Hope does not believe in God? Since she is sitting next to Jacob. I believe you have something in mind for how Hope comes to believe in Jesus Christ and so I do not want to spoil that "Hallmark" moment you want to write, regarding your character, but I thought you would build that background for why she does not believe in God before you lead into the Hallmark moment later on in the story.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I can make it so that every body that is a christian at that group calls every one brothers or sisters as spiritual relatives for how Colby can be calling Rick his brother even though Colby himself lives with the homeless at the theater when Rick lives in a normal home for Casey to be running by.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I can explain Rick's lack of maturity as a christian because although he is a believer, he would rather live now than follow Christ later. So his sowing to the flesh shows in his behavior, obviously.