Revival RPG- talk and plan :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone is interested. It is like writing a story with a character you make up. I thought instead of planning it, we could just hop in and start writing and see what happens. I try to stick with a theme where sinners come to Christ or grow closer to Christ through an obstacle or something else. If you din't think you can write, don't worry. Try it!

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope sat on the porch with her mother, looking around the neighborhood with sad brown eyes.

"You will make new friends quickly." Her mother said, gently stroking her soft dark brown hair.

"I miss my old friends." Hope said. "And Jacob." At sixteen, Hope was sure she had found the love of her life, and now he was a thousand miles away in Oklahoma.

"I know." Hope's mother sighed. "Who knows...maybe in a few months when we get back on our feet, we can move out of grandma's house and go back home...but we have to be here right now..."

"I miss dad..." Hope said, a knot in her throat.

"I know...but I believe he is in Heaven right now."

"Yeh..." Hope said. She really didn't believe in God, but since her dad was a pastor, she always went along with it.

"There is a youth fellowship at the church down the road tonight. How about you go? You can make some friends there?" Hope's mother dabbed her eyes.

"And you can go check out the neighborhood if you like."

Hope hugged her mother.

"I'll check out the youth group tonight." Hope said.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope sat on the porch with her mother, looking around the neighborhood with sad brown eyes.

"You will make new friends quickly." Her mother said, gently stroking her soft dark brown hair.

"I miss my old friends." Hope said. "And Jacob." At sixteen, Hope was sure she had found the love of her life, and now he was a thousand miles away in Oklahoma.

"I know." Hope's mother sighed. "Who knows...maybe in a few months when we get back on our feet, we can move out of grandma's house and go back home...but we have to be here right now..."

"I miss dad..." Hope said, a knot in her throat.

"I know...but I believe he is in Heaven right now."

"Yeh..." Hope said. She really didn't believe in God, but since her dad was a pastor, she always went along with it.

"There is a youth fellowship at the church down the road tonight. How about you go? You can make some friends there?" Hope's mother dabbed her eyes.

"And you can go check out the neighborhood if you like."

Hope hugged her mother.

"I'll check out the youth group tonight." Hope said.

As Hope approached the Church that night, she took note of their signage out front and immediately smiled ;John 13:34, 35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." Her dad's favorite verse!!
So, As she ascended the stairs to attend her first youth fellowship, in a brand new local body, for the first time since her father went to be with the Lord; it was with a smile on her face.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Well we can write a story this way too. Really how a role play game works though is you create your own character to interact with others in the story. Like I would be Hope, and you would create a character to interact. If you want to create a character, I can continue as Hope from here and interact with you. Or we can just write it more like a story. :) )

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Well we can write a story this way too. Really how a role play game works though is you create your own character to interact with others in the story. Like I would be Hope, and you would create a character to interact. If you want to create a character, I can continue as Hope from here and interact with you. Or we can just write it more like a story. :) )

Oh, lol-sry. Yes, okay! I will create a character where Hope leaves off at the Church.
Jacob was halfway down the stairs of the Church when he stopped, turned around to get his book-bag he had forgotten he had left by the door as he brought his bike inside. He was excited because the youth group was having Bible Jeopardy tonight and, as was his habit anyhow, he had soaked in scripture the night before. As he picked up his bag, and started back down the stairs to the groups room, he heard the door open and a very pretty girl walked in, smiling.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, lol-sry. Yes, okay! I will create a character where Hope leaves off at the Church.
Jacob was halfway down the stairs of the Church when he stopped, turned around to get his book-bag he had forgotten he had left by the door as he brought his bike inside. He was excited because tonight the youth group was having Bible Jeopardy tonight and, as was his habit anyhow, he had soaked in scripture the night before. As he picked up his bag, and started back down the stairs to the groups room, he heard the door open and a very pretty girl walked in, smiling.

At the sight of Jacob, Hope closed her Bible and bashfully looked away. "Oh, um sorry. Is this where the teens meet?"

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the sight of Jacob, Hope closed her Bible and bashfully looked away. "Oh, um sorry. Is this where the teens meet?"
Jacob, being somewhat shy around the girls he already knew, blushed a bit, and told her, yes, right down the stairs and 3rd door on the right...by the way, I'm Jacob.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob, being somewhat shy around the girls he already knew, blushed a bit, and told her, yes, right down the stairs and 3rd door on the right...by the way, I'm Jacob.

"Hi." Hope said. "I am new here. We just moved here from Oklahoma." She paused. "I hope you are ready to be slaughtered like a lamb in Bible jeapordy." She said with a grin.

"Dumb, dumb." She thought silently to herself.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hi." Hope said. "I am new here. We just moved here from Oklahoma." She paused. "I hope you are ready to be slaughtered like a lamb in Bible jeapordy." She said with a grin.

"Dumb, dumb." She thought silently to herself.

Jacob, blushed even deeper, and his heart did a little jig. She was pretty, had a great smile AND she knows her scripture! Hah, he thought pridefully to himself-"I bet she didn't study like I did last night for hours on end" He, of course was repentant of the thought and then thought, have I met my match??

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob, blushed even deeper, and his heart did a little jig. She was pretty, had a great smile AND she knows her scripture! Hah, he thought pridefully to himself-"I bet she didn't study like I did last night for hours on end" He, of course was repentant of the thought and then thought, have I met my match??

"We shall see." Hope said with a grin. "Maybe this place won't be so bad..." Hope thought.

When they entered the room, the youth pastor, Robert Morrison, came over and shook Hope and Jacob's hand.

"Hey Jacob. Glad you could make it tonight. And you must be Hope. Your mother told me you would be coming here tonight. I am glad you are here." He paused. "Your parents and I were good friends growing up. So if you ever need to talk, here is my card."

Hope stuffed it in her pocket. "Thanks." She mumbled, quickly walking away to sit down.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We shall see." Hope said with a grin. "Maybe this place won't be so bad..." Hope thought.

When they entered the room, the youth pastor, Robert Morrison, came over and shook Hope and Jacob's hand.

"Hey Jacob. Glad you could make it tonight. And you must be Hope. Your mother told me you would be coming here tonight. I am glad you are here." He paused. "Your parents and I were good friends growing up. So if you ever need to talk, here is my card."

Hope stuffed it in her pocket. "Thanks." She mumbled, quickly walking away to sit down.

How can we get more on board here...we will be needing more than 3 characters :eek: Lol. I will get back tomorrow when I can think clearer, I am tired...but feel free to carry on! I will read and pick up from there :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can we get more on board here...we will be needing more than 3 characters :eek: Lol. I will get back tomorrow when I can think clearer, I am tired...but feel free to carry on! I will read and pick up from there :)

Lol. Well there are two person rpgs who create multiple characters they play, and there are ones where people join in. There are even out of character threads for some role play games to discuss where the storyline is going and everything. For this forum though, I wasn't sure if there was an interest in this sort of thing. I know on Christian Forums, the area is a bit dead, and it is a huge site. It depends on who likes writing stories for fun and playing parts.

Do you write a lot? You are good at this! If you ever heard of Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti, they write suspense thrillers that point to Christ, and that is my intent when I write stories or role play. The Circle, by Ted Dekker is one of my favorite books. It has four in its series.

But yeh, role play is a hobby of mine. But I realize I need to keep mine more reality focused then with elements of fantasy. It keeps me focused on the purpose of my writing. I want all I do to glorify God. Fantasy can go dark, like Dungeons and Dragons is considered a fantasy type role play game. But eh, I better be careful before I get this derailed for a debate. :D That would be an interesting topic to discuss though. I want to glorify God in my writing though. :) So happy you like to write too!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mr. Morrison turned to Jacob. "I am glad you and Hope have got acquainted. Maybe you can introduce her to some others in the youth group. I am sure that would make her feel welcome." He said.

Hope watched from a distance. It was odd this cute boy had the same name as her boyfriend in Oklahoma. Though she could tell this Jacob was quite a bit different... Her Jake was a bit on the wild side, while Jacob...she couldn't put her finger on it.

She again looked at her father's favorite verse. Though she secretly did not believe, this one did comfort her. She wanted to be a good person. She just did not understand why God would bring so much pain to the world.

She looked at the topics for Bible Jeapardy.

"Old Testament", "New Testament," "Scripture Memory", and "Jesus Christ". Each topic had 1 to 4 hundred dollars. Though Hope never played, she was always a wiz at Bible facts. She had to be as a pk (pastor's kid).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Well there are two person rpgs who create multiple characters they play, and there are ones where people join in. There are even out of character threads for some role play games to discuss where the storyline is going and everything. For this forum though, I wasn't sure if there was an interest in this sort of thing. I know on Christian Forums, the area is a bit dead, and it is a huge site. It depends on who likes writing stories for fun and playing parts.

Do you write a lot? You are good at this! If you ever heard of Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti, they write suspense thrillers that point to Christ, and that is my intent when I write stories or role play. The Circle, by Ted Dekker is one of my favorite books. It has four in its series.

But yeh, role play is a hobby of mine. But I realize I need to keep mine more reality focused then with elements of fantasy. It keeps me focused on the purpose of my writing. I want all I do to glorify God. Fantasy can go dark, like Dungeons and Dragons is considered a fantasy type role play game. But eh, I better be careful before I get this derailed for a debate. :D That would be an interesting topic to discuss though. I want to glorify God in my writing though. :) So happy you like to write too!
Yes, I see that this area is not one much visited, sometimes folks are too serious. I personally, need a break from all the endless arguing.
I do not write at all, but read allot...and, yes, I have read Frank Peretti! I do like his stuff, never heatd of the other author tho...will look into them. Am reading C.S. Lewis- Surprised By Joy right now...it's a little dry but, I will push through, lol...I do love his stuff.
"I want all I do to glorify God." <---Amen!
Okay, time to put on the thinking cap!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr. Morrison turned to Jacob. "I am glad you and Hope have got acquainted. Maybe you can introduce her to some others in the youth group. I am sure that would make her feel welcome." He said.

Hope watched from a distance. It was odd this cute boy had the same name as her boyfriend in Oklahoma. Though she could tell this Jacob was quite a bit different... Her Jake was a bit on the wild side, while Jacob...she couldn't put her finger on it.

She again looked at her father's favorite verse. Though she secretly did not believe, this one did comfort her. She wanted to be a good person. She just did not understand why God would bring so much pain to the world.

She looked at the topics for Bible Jeapardy.

"Old Testament", "New Testament," "Scripture Memory", and "Jesus Christ". Each topic had 1 to 4 hundred dollars. Though Hope never played, she was always a wiz at Bible facts. She had to be as a pk (pastor's kid).

As Jacob finished talking with Mr. Morrison, and the rest of the teens were filing in; he turned to Hope and asked if she would like to meet the others. He thought there was a tiny hesitation, but she started to walk with him over to one of the girls. He introduced Hope to Ellie. Ellie was the oldest teen there, and she was going to graduate H.S. this year. She gave Hope a warm reception and as she set up the punch and cookies for break, she asked Hope about herself.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jacob finished talking with Mr. Morrison, and the rest of the teens were filing in; he turned to Hope and asked if she would like to meet the others. He thought there was a tiny hesitation, but she started to walk with him over to one of the girls. He introduced Hope to Ellie. Ellie was the oldest teen there, and she was going to graduate H.S. this year. She gave Hope a warm reception and as she set up the punch and cookies for break, she asked Hope about herself.

Hope put a few cookies on her plate and turned to Ellie and shrugged. "Not much to me." Hope said. "I am from Oklahoma and my dad was a pastor, so I have grown up in church. He recently passed, so my mother and I moved in with my grandparents. This is just temporary." Hope said, secretly hoping it was just temporary. "I am homeschooled, but I miss my friends from church quite a bit."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope put a few cookies on her plate and turned to Ellie and shrugged. "Not much to me." Hope said. "I am from Oklahoma and my dad was a pastor, so I have grown up in church. He recently passed, so my mother and I moved in with my grandparents. This is just temporary." Hope said, secretly hoping it was just temporary. "I am homeschooled, but I miss my friends from church quite a bit."
Oh, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad, said Ellie. It is so hard to bear the loss of a loved one, and it sounds like you were close to your dad.
Thank God that we, as Christians do not need to mourn like the world, as we know what is waiting for us, and your dad is now whole and happy!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad, said Ellie. It is so hard to bear the loss of a loved one, and it sounds like you were close to your dad.
Thank God that we, as Christians do not need to mourn like the world, as we know what is waiting for us, and your dad is now whole and happy!

"Yeh." Hope said, heavy hearted. "He spent his whole life talking about Jesus and Heaven. So I hope he is there." Hope paused. "I mean I am glad he is."

After a moment, she grabbed her punch and cookies and started walking to one of the tables to sit down.

"So what about you Ellie? How long have you lived in Texas?" She was eager to change topics off of her dad.