Revival RPG- talk and plan :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks MF...I see JIF popped in, he's good, maybe he could take over Jacob? or should ya write Jacob out?...lol.

Naaaah. He can just be an anyone can control character. Ya know like in the movies, the extras in the background. Lol. Like not main people you develop and stuff. Unless someone wants to. I try to stick to a couple, because I like character development. Lol. I am excited this little test story is going so well. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing his job was done, Mr. Morrison retreated to the board to write out the Jeapardy questions for the night. "Father, I thank you, for I see You at work all ready..."

--------

...Long enough to catch the accent, Ellie laughed lightly. My family moved here from California when I was 7 years old. And, even though I was about half your age, I did not want to leave the only home I ever knew, and the friends I had made either.
So Hope, tell me about your walk with Jesus, they are still setting up the questions for Jeopardy, so we still have a little time left.

"Yeh I can imagine moving was difficult at seven also." Hope empathized. "But it looks like you are pretty popular around here."

Hope shrugged. "Well my dad was a pastor, so I grew up in church all my life. And I have always gone to church when the doors are open." She said. She laughed. "I am pretty sure I will be able to anniahlate everyone in this game tonight. I know a lot about the Bible."
(just because it is so easy to lose place Nancy. Lol. )

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Who is that?" Sherwin inquired.

"Someone new," Jacob announced, "her name is Hope. I believe she will be joining in the game of Bible Jeopardy tonight," and then he eyed Sarah smiling as they wonder just how much competition Hope will bring, and then his face became solemn as he announced, "just so you all know.. her dad was a pastor that had passed away."

As Jacob became immersed in the questions regarding other knowledge about Hope, Sherwin wandered over to Hope and introduced himself, "Hi Hope. My name is Sherwin," he saw Hope looking at Jacob behind him talking to other people and figured that was how this stranger knew her name,"I am kind a newcomer myself here. This will be my third time here," then he turned and pointed out his new sister, Casey, "That blonde girl over there is Casey... my new sister of a family that has adopted me....and that girl next to her is with sandy blonde hair is her church friend, Becky," he turned back to her, noticing that she was looking at him intently, and said,"I believe in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and because I believe in Him, I am saved. You be happy to know that I also trust Him as my Good Shepherd and Friend to help me to follow Him, because I cannot do it without Him," and he paused, before continuing, "I am not perfect.. I have shortcomings that I need His help with.. some sins to keep me from committing again and so forth.. but I live by faith in Him to finish His work in me to His glory while helping me to walk with Him in the light down here on earth.. of this time period ... of all time periods... really."

Hope looked at him with a smile as he wondered if that was too much information to share at the start. Then a thought came to him and so he said,"I know that your father was a pastor that had passed away... so I am sorry to hear of your loss...." he paused for a while, to give Hope time to respond if at all... but she seem to be looking at him still with that smile as if not to convey any feelings in that regard to him on that subject, "I don't know if you know this or not, but I have come across children of pastors that know about Jesus and scripture and all that, but yet they don't know Him personally,...like.. they don't believe in Him to be their own personal Savior," and then he asked her, "have you ever come across children like that?"

"Nice to meet you Sherwin." Hope said, her smile disappearing. "Pastor's kids are just like any other child. Others assume they have to believe that way." Hope said. Anger flushed her face as she turned to Jacob behind her.

"Gee Jacob, thanks for spreading about my dad passing and that I was a pastor's kid."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob had sauntered over to Sarah and Mike, and after hearing Sherwin's inquiry, he blurted in, "Yeah.. Sarah and I have kind of a christian sibling rivalry going on here, but we are always up for some more competition..." Jacob said humorously as he glanced back over his shoulder at the newcomer, Hope.

Yay-you DID take over Jacob! Wonderful! ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Who is that?" Sherwin inquired.

"Someone new," Jacob announced, "her name is Hope. I believe she will be joining in the game of Bible Jeopardy tonight," and then he eyed Sarah smiling as they wonder just how much competition Hope will bring, and then his face became solemn as he announced, "just so you all know.. her dad was a pastor that had passed away."

As Jacob became immersed in the questions regarding other knowledge about Hope, Sherwin wandered over to Hope and introduced himself, "Hi Hope. My name is Sherwin," he saw Hope looking at Jacob behind him talking to other people and figured that was how this stranger knew her name,"I am kind a newcomer myself here. This will be my third time here," then he turned and pointed out his new sister, Casey, "That blonde girl over there is Casey... my new sister of a family that has adopted me....and that girl next to her is with sandy blonde hair is her church friend, Becky," he turned back to her, noticing that she was looking at him intently, and said,"I believe in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and because I believe in Him, I am saved. You be happy to know that I also trust Him as my Good Shepherd and Friend to help me to follow Him, because I cannot do it without Him," and he paused, before continuing, "I am not perfect.. I have shortcomings that I need His help with.. some sins to keep me from committing again and so forth.. but I live by faith in Him to finish His work in me to His glory while helping me to walk with Him in the light down here on earth.. of this time period ... of all time periods... really."

Hope looked at him with a smile as he wondered if that was too much information to share at the start. Then a thought came to him and so he said,"I know that your father was a pastor that had passed away... so I am sorry to hear of your loss...." he paused for a while, to give Hope time to respond if at all... but she seem to be looking at him still with that smile as if not to convey any feelings in that regard to him on that subject, "I don't know if you know this or not, but I have come across children of pastors that know about Jesus and scripture and all that, but yet they don't know Him personally,...like.. they don't believe in Him to be their own personal Savior," and then he asked her, "have you ever come across children like that?"

Oooh, good one...c'mon Hope (Mayflower) -this is your chance! :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea how to play Bible Jeopardy. I hope Mayflower takes over how the games goes.
Lol-When I came up with that one, I did not at all think about HOW to play it...got as far as the podiums. I too was hoping the same thing :oops: Somebody will come up with something I'm sure...

Reactions: Mayflower

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Good, hi Mike! Welcome!" Mr. Morrison said. "Sherwin, this is Sarah and Mike. I am unsure if you met Sarah yet, but this is her cousin."
Mike stepped forward first with a big handshake and a nod of acknowledgement. "Say ain't that the kid that I see hanging around practice? Mike whispered to his cousin. Sarah was deep in thought. "Hi Sherwin", she said. "Nice to meet you" There was a lot of activity happening around them as the young people began to form into teams...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm messing up. So please give me grace to fix my posts or delete them as the case may be. :(

I'm still in campfire story telling mode where a person tells a part of the story and then passes the story along to the next person.

Good thing the edit button is still available as well as the delete.

I think Mayflower will only have to delete one post in reply to mine to get the rpg back on track.

It is just for fun; nothing serious. I think I have deleted the non rpg posts. Sorry about that.

If you notice, JIF, I did the exact same thing, I took over Hope where Mayflower left off, lol. That's when I came up with Jacob.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm messing up. So please give me grace to fix my posts or delete them as the case may be. :(

I'm still in campfire story telling mode where a person tells a part of the story and then passes the story along to the next person.

Good thing the edit button is still available as well as the delete.

I think Mayflower will only have to delete one post in reply to mine to get the rpg back on track.

It is just for fun; nothing serious. I think I have deleted the non rpg posts. Sorry about that.

I like the campfire idea. I haven't done one of those in like 15 years... I always called them cling ons, because I had no idea what to call them.

Lolol. @Angelina please stay. I think we have it clearer now on how this works. I called this a test one for a reason. I thought Id only get one or none. Lol. So we can edit any time now? That is so awesome. I am the most horrible with typoes. :D I can edit the first post to put more of the "rules". If y'all want to put it play style. Or we can do it campfire style. Lolol.

I don't want it to be a headache for anyone. I just think it is fun to write. I have just role played a long time, so it is just like actual board game rules vs. Made up ones. (I had no idea that free parking in monopoly wwas not for taking money out of the middle. It will always be that way. Lol). I really didn't think 40 and over would like this sort of thing....(I better not say that since I am 32 next week. :D) But I am so glad to see the interest.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol-When I came up with that one, I did not at all think about HOW to play it...got as far as the podiums. I too was hoping the same thing :oops: Somebody will come up with something I'm sure...

Don't worry I started cooking up a plan when you mentioned it. I like a challenge. Muwahahahaha.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay, let me summarize characters and things, and this can be like our out -of -character thread to discuss the story line and stuff. Bring up ideas to employ twists and things. I love plot twists. Muwahaha. Then I can make a fresh thread with how it works, and summarize where we are to continue the story. Sound good?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Characters:

Mr. Morrison- youth group leader- Mayflower

Teens in youth group:

Hope- Mayflower
Ellie- Nancy
Sarah- Angelina
Mike (Michael)- Angelina
Sherwin- JIF
Jacob-JIF
Casey-JIF
Becky-JIF

Extras:

Jake- (open)- will make a surprise entrance later on. Hope's "wild" boyfriend. I want to introduce him when Hope is saved.

Hope's mother

If y'all want to use the parents to say "goodbye" and stuff.

And also if this is OOC, it is fun to write like biographies for characters too. I probably would for mine, because it is fun for me to do that sort of thing. :D but it isn't necessary.

So summary I can post in new thread:

In a small town in Oklahoma, Hope Riverwood and her mother were spared from a car accident that took her father's life. Out of funds, her and her mother moved back to her father's hometown in Dallas, Texas to move in with her grandparents.

As a pastor's child...she appeared saved. Or did she genuinely believe?

Between her father's death and her new youth group, this question was one she finally will confront once and for all.

And the events to come will have the entire youth group questioning their walk in Christ.

---------

So we can pick up in a new thread with the ending of Bible jeapardy (ideas for 1st 2nd and 3rd?) And can go to the "bondage burn" which is a bonfire for the teens and they throw their burdens in the fire/pray about them. Talk to each other and stuff.

If anyone has ideas, feel free to talk about them in this thread. :)

Before I start it though, just let me know who all still wants to write. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Okay JiF. We'll pretend it never happened lol! ;)
My characters are Mike ~ who was born in the US. His mother is from NZ but his father is American. His cousin is Sarah. She came to live with them when her grand parents went into a retirement home. Sarah is from NZ. Her real parents died in a truck and car collision but she came out unscathed accept for a little scar that is almost invisible, on her forehead. Sarah has only been in the US for a few months. She does not usually get involved in the youth but has decided to do so just so that she can get to know the young people in her church. She is more at home in the prayer nights with older folks who gather there during the week nights....o_O

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay JiF. We'll pretend it never happened lol! ;)
My characters are Mike ~ who was born in the US. His mother is from NZ but his father is American. His cousin is Sarah. She came to live with them when her grand parents went into a retirement home. Sarah is from NZ. Her real parents died in a truck and car collision but she came out unscathed accept for a little scar that is almost invisible, on her forehead. Sarah has only been in the US for a few months. She does not usually get involved in the youth but has decided to do so just so that she can get to know the young people in her church. She is more at home in the prayer nights with older folks who gather there during the week nights....o_O

Okay. Thanks.:)

Good summary given for background :D

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Characters:

Mr. Morrison- youth group leader- Mayflower

Teens in youth group:

Hope- Mayflower
Ellie- Nancy
Sarah- Angelina
Mike (Michael)- Angelina
Sherwin- JIF
Jacob-JIF
Casey-JIF
Becky-JIF

Extras:

Jake- (open)- will make a surprise entrance later on. Hope's "wild" boyfriend. I want to introduce him when Hope is saved.

Hope's mother

If y'all want to use the parents to say "goodbye" and stuff.

And also if this is OOC, it is fun to write like biographies for characters too. I probably would for mine, because it is fun for me to do that sort of thing. :D but it isn't necessary.

So summary I can post in new thread:

In a small town in Oklahoma, Hope Riverwood and her mother were spared from a car accident that took her father's life. Out of funds, her and her mother moved back to her father's hometown in Dallas, Texas to move in with her grandparents.

As a pastor's child...she appeared saved. Or did she genuinely believe?

Between her father's death and her new youth group, this question was one she finally will confront once and for all.

And the events to come will have the entire youth group questioning their walk in Christ.

---------

So we can pick up in a new thread with the ending of Bible jeapardy (ideas for 1st 2nd and 3rd?) And can go to the "bondage burn" which is a bonfire for the teens and they throw their burdens in the fire/pray about them. Talk to each other and stuff.

If anyone has ideas, feel free to talk about them in this thread. :)

Before I start it though, just let me know who all still wants to write. :)

Thanks for giving the parameter of the rpg thread .... and for giving grace..

I may be revamping Sherwin and Casey and might be dropping the "side" character of Becky. Not sure.

I think @Nancy should take Jacob back since she created him. Angelina has a girl and a boy character. She should resume Jacob as well as Ellie.

If the Lord is willing, I shall stick with Sherwin and Casey, with Casey being a senior while Sherwin is 13 years old and only there for her to keep a watch over him while her folks are away from home per permission of Mr. Morrison. It will be Sherwin's third time there at that youth group.

@Mayflower I am wondering if the background of this youth group should be some kind of survivors' social set up by the church for youth in the county to meet. Seems like most of the characters are dealing with a loss of a loved one.

Sherwin is an adopted brother. Casey tolerates him because she sees him as a kleptomaniac when only family members are just missing things or misplacing it but his background of being accused of thefts does influence her perception of him. The only reason her parents adopted Sherwin because his eyes reminded her parents of their dead son that was killed by a car while crossing the street in front of their homes. The guilt of not watching the little guy weighs heavily on everyone in the family and years later, they come across this boy in the foster care system whom would be the same age as their son if he was alive today, and so that was the reason why they had adopted him, regardless of him having "mental problems".

The church probably may call the night as a Youth Survivors Meeting even though it is geared towards other activities. You decide that Mayflower, but it does look like a lot of the characters being created are survivors of a loss of a loved one for why I was suggesting that idea.

I am sure there will be other teens in the group, but I think you should established fair use character or free characters for your rpg.

Not sure how active the rpg thread will be, but one suggestion to avoid overlapping one another in posting is.. after one post... the first one that is to reply should post.. "Pending..." then after it is posted, hit the edit and write what is to follow after the recent last post so that others do not accidentally post something that will mess up the direction that the pending post is taking from the previous post. Course, one could always edit the their post comes after a surprise post in order to get it in order of the new post that beat your post.

God be willing, I shall try to be more attentive to my posting in rpg style, but as in all things here, the Bridegroom is coming soon, so as life and other things may delay my involvement, there will be a time when I will not be coming back. I hope to see you all there. ;)

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for giving the parameter of the rpg thread .... and for giving grace..

I may be revamping Sherwin and Casey and might be dropping the "side" character of Becky. Not sure.

I think @Nancy should take Jacob back since she created him. Angelina has a girl and a boy character. She should resume Jacob as well as Ellie.

If the Lord is willing, I shall stick with Sherwin and Casey, with Casey being a senior while Sherwin is 13 years old and only there for her to keep a watch over him while her folks are away from home per permission of Mr. Morrison. It will be Sherwin's third time there at that youth group.

@Mayflower I am wondering if the background of this youth group should be some kind of survivors' social set up by the church for youth in the county to meet. Seems like most of the characters are dealing with a loss of a loved one.

Sherwin is an adopted brother. Casey tolerates him because she sees him as a kleptomaniac when only family members are just missing things or misplacing it but his background of being accused of thefts does influence her perception of him. The only reason her parents adopted Sherwin because his eyes reminded her parents of their dead son that was killed by a car while crossing the street in front of their homes. The guilt of not watching the little guy weighs heavily on everyone in the family and years later, they come across this boy in the foster care system whom would be the same age as their son if he was alive today, and so that was the reason why they had adopted him, regardless of him having "mental problems".

The church probably may call the night as a Youth Survivors Meeting even though it is geared towards other activities. You decide that Mayflower, but it does look like a lot of the characters being created are survivors of a loss of a loved one for why I was suggesting that idea.

I am sure there will be other teens in the group, but I think you should established fair use character or free characters for your rpg.

Not sure how active the rpg thread will be, but one suggestion to avoid overlapping one another in posting is.. after one post... the first one that is to reply should post.. "Pending..." then after it is posted, hit the edit and write what is to follow after the recent last post so that others do not accidentally post something that will mess up the direction that the pending post is taking from the previous post. Course, one could always edit the their post comes after a surprise post in order to get it in order of the new post that beat your post.

God be willing, I shall try to be more attentive to my posting in rpg style, but as in all things here, the Bridegroom is coming soon, so as life and other things may delay my involvement, there will be a time when I will not be coming back. I hope to see you all there. ;)

Good idea! This is why I wonder also if your campfire idea would be better. Would y'all be up for a relaunch for that style? How this would work is it is just writing a story rather then a play. So where one person leaves off, the next person would write another part and so on. There would be no individual parts and therefore not having to wait for when people take breaks and things. And the best part is, there isn't like a certain way campfire style has to be done. It is just writing a story.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good idea! This is why I wonder also if your campfire idea would be better. Would y'all be up for a relaunch for that style? How this would work is it is just writing a story rather then a play. So where one person leaves off, the next person would write another part and so on. There would be no individual parts and therefore not having to wait for when people take breaks and things. And the best part is, there isn't like a certain way campfire style has to be done. It is just writing a story.

Well.. maybe one could do both. I think RPG can be good practice for "patience and longsuffering" when waiting for the other to respond to a reply to their characters ( lol ) whereas campfire tales can be taken over by anyone that is in the forum at the time, and if they post a post too late because someone else posted something ahead of them, they can always edit their post to follow after post that beat them to it ;) Course, someone else seeing that should wait till the editing is done unless they are writing a scene that is happening somewhere else that is not immediate relevant to what is being posted.

BTW if @Nancy does not want Jacob whom happens to be another boy with the same name of the wild child former boyfriend of Hope if you do that rpg, that is okay.

If you prefer just the campfire tale mode for now... that is okay too. Let me know or rather let everyone know when you start by leaving a link to that thread and whether it is a campfire tale or an rpg or if you started one for both of them, you can leave two links explaining which is which.

Makes me wonder if we can ask @Angelina to create a separate section for Creative Writing with sub forums of Christian Life Fiction and Christian Fantasy and Christian Science Fiction. She should probably set the parameters for what is appropriate content or rather what is not, depending which list is shorter, hah!

At any rate, the campfire story is like a game where any one can come in and participate. And of course the rpg is a game too. Thanks for this.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.. maybe one could do both. I think RPG can be good practice for "patience and longsuffering" when waiting for the other to respond to a reply to their characters ( lol ) whereas campfire tales can be taken over by anyone that is in the forum at the time, and if they post a post too late because someone else posted something ahead of them, they can always edit their post to follow after post that beat them to it ;) Course, someone else seeing that should wait till the editing is done unless they are writing a scene that is happening somewhere else that is not immediate relevant to what is being posted.

BTW if @Nancy does not want Jacob whom happens to be another boy with the same name of the wild child former boyfriend of Hope if you do that rpg, that is okay.

If you prefer just the campfire tale mode for now... that is okay too. Let me know or rather let everyone know when you start by leaving a link to that thread and whether it is a campfire tale or an rpg or if you started one for both of them, you can leave two links explaining which is which.

Makes me wonder if we can ask @Angelina to create a separate section for Creative Writing with sub forums of Christian Life Fiction and Christian Fantasy and Christian Science Fiction. She should probably set the parameters for what is appropriate content or rather what is not, depending which list is shorter, hah!

At any rate, the campfire story is like a game where any one can come in and participate. And of course the rpg is a game too. Thanks for this.

Awww that would be awesome for a Creative Writing subforum. It looks like we have some interest here. I like to write short stories and song lyrics and things too. Just never got into it much on Christian Forums.

I realize bwcause of my anxiety, I have to write more realistic rpg's then fantasy type. It seems like I tend do go dark. When I was little I created a whole world in my mind because of abuse I went through. And it got so bad I stopped writing for the longest time. So I LOVE this. Because I have a purpose in mind with my stories for spiritual growth and salvation stories. And with campfire types, it will be even easier to not make my characters so sad all the time. I tend to get a bit dramatic. Lolol.

For ones who don't write much like @Nancy dob's feel intimidated by how I talk about all this writing stuff. Just have fun. Lol. Nancy, do you think campfire may sound easier for you? And easier to read. How about you @Angelina ? We can try different types if we did have a Creative Writing subforum. I think creative writing is a wonderful way to glorify God. And a nice place to go between discussions and things. :)