right decision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let me tell a story from 2008 when I was living near Jawala Khel. I was walking past the supermarket store in Jawala Khel next to the Allowa Hotel, and I was accosted by a young girl begging for food. She had the afternoon begging shift as she had attended school in the morning. She and I had interacted a number of times and we knew each other from the point of view that we were able to easily recognised each other. She came bounding up to me asking for food, and I often mimicked her actions of imaginary feeding by lifting my hand up to my mouth and saying "Food, Food." In a loud voice, I berated her as being a disgrace to the Nepali community, because every afternoon she would be there begging for food. She was not malnourished nor was she going hungry each night. She was not skin and bones like other children I had seen living on the streets.

As we were interacting with each other in jest, an oversea "religious visitor" overhears our conversation and reacted. He turned on his heel and returned to the Allowa Hotel, where he was staying, to get some money. He then entered the store and purchased two 2-minute noodle packets and gave them to her while giving me a look of distain. The girl then quickly disappeared, going to her home opposite the store, where she lived with her working parents, to put the two noodle packets into their food cupboard. Within two minutes, the girl was back on the street begging again with empty hands once more. No sign of the two 2-minute noodle packets she had been given.

This religious visitor had by this time left, hurrying off to his "important" meeting or wherever he was going, with a sense of pride that he had shown me up, by giving the girl some noodle packets. Unfortunately, he had reinforced the notion for the girl, that it was profitable for the girl to beg for food.

Had he actually helped the situation? I would suggest that he had added to the problems that were very common in KTM at that time. This girl was not a street kid in need of help from foreigners because the Nepali government provides no social help programs. The street kids worked the areas where the tourists usually stayed in the centre of KTM near the Kings Palace.

This girl was in good clothes and working the foreigners for money to buy food. The visiting religious visitor did not read the situation at all. It was his fast solution to what he thought was the problem. He had no idea the potential harm he was doing.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exhort:
1. To urge by strong, often stirring argument, admonition, advice, or appeal.
2. To make an urgent appeal

Proverbs 15:31-33
31The ear that hears the rebukes of life
Will abide among the wise.
32He who disdains instruction despises his own soul,
But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.
33The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom,
And before honor is humility.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God has provided to those within his will, he does not fail to continue to do so.
This is bad from in this day & age given the anonymous nature of the internet.
Why NOT instead be in the praise forum giving glory to whom it is due......GOD
I've suggested also to him that he might post in the Praise areas and go
back to let the readers know how his various prayer requests were answered
by God!
Mel had been very concerned for the people in Puri, India after cyclone Fani hit there
in May of 2019. He was burdened in his heart to get there and help! He had no money for
such a trip, but the news reports were touching his heart. Finances were given, a brother-in-law
soon arrived by train, and they boarded another train to Puri. A pastor in Berhampur was to join them
along the way. What would they all do upon getting off of a train at Puri? He had no one there to contact,
so he asked someone there as to pastors, and was told of those for a Christian school. He soon met
them and was already filming the devastation that had taken place. Mel is a super organizer and uses his
leadership skills very well, so soon they had food, bottled water, soap! People began to hear of this
big giveaway of supplies and started showing up at the gate!

a note: The other pastor did not join them at first, but did arrive later.
When Mel and his brother-in-law (a brother of Namrata) was told that the one
pastor knows the pastor from Berhampur, that was a door that opened for
them all to trust each other!

Before Mel left to shop for a few foods that they would carry with them for the people
in Puri, Namrata was asked if there was anything she needed before her husband went on this
awesome trip! She wanted a new phone to be able to see him and so Salome could talk to him
as they would miss him! This was when one cell phone was paid for as a gift to his sweet wife!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting this in bold so it will be more visible amongst the quotes.

The most current news we heard was that Mel didn't want to sign a lease for the shop after all.

I asked what happened about that decision and he didn't answer me.
He also didn't tell me the area would have people that he knows to frequent the shop.

So if he is now renting the shop to earn income for supporting his family and others, I am glad.

I have encouraged, exhorted Mel to do something like this ever since he said he was in danger of being arrested for unpaid loans!!!

Mel posted the Penal Code for the offence....up to 7 years and a fine.

He told me he was just going to forget about the loans!
I told him if I faced jail time, I'd be looking for work to pay those loans down.

I understood that Mel never was able to get this business going. Same with Western Union that I asked about.

Do you know that Mel and family were asked to leave his parents' house because he wasn't contributing to the rent and bills?

That's another reason why I was encouraging him to get work.

Those videos of ministry type work are rather old...at least two years old.

Mel himself admitted he hasn't done ministry for a couple of years.

The guy who sent Mel fairly new Smart phones said Mel eventually got them working.

He also had sent Mel a fair amount of money by India standards. But Mel wanted regular support which the guy didn't want to do.

A sister of his paid off an online quick loan for him. He ran a lot of errands for her and Namrata had been cooking meals
for her family.
My Dreams has posted to this board that the rental documents have been signed. I hope he adds a video soon of
the inside of this shop space!
Western Union requires a store space or such with a business address.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know that Mel and family were asked to leave his parents' house because he wasn't contributing to the rent and bills?
What I understand is the house in Raipur rent is paid from his sister's mission money. His parents, a sister, and
his family of four all reside in it. His wife cooks the meals and does the cleaning chores. Mel takes care of Sarah
while Namrata sees to the house tasks.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hose videos of ministry type work are rather old...at least two years old.

Mel himself admitted he hasn't donthey e ministry for a couple of years.
Last year...bikes, clothes for kids, sewing machines, shoes, meals for kids and a pastor,
notebooks and pens, backpacks, money to repair other sewing machines...thinking...

Mel soon had the money for them! A pastor bought them with the money, then I'm not sure
when they were given.

Last edited:

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by Jay Ross

"Seems like you got ahead of God...before you started the business..."

With all the praying his family does and others praying for them, I doubt that happened.

I don't think that he actually started a vegetable company yet. They wanted to rent the
area and paid a couple of months' rent, but had not been given a key to the space. That location
seems great...a prayer hall is there - note the sign in the video where My Dreams walks to the
street and gives us an outdoor view of it! Pastors rent there with their families, and a Christian owns
it! mOne pastor there is a guy that My Dreams has asked prayer for his hand in the past. A pastor
recently moved from that part of the house/apartments and the owners made it into a business space.
Seems that God has moved the final needed piece into place for My Dreams to rent it for whatever God leads
him to use it for in the future! I'm waiting to see the harvest it brings because what this guy starts turns
into major crops that amaze me!
During Covid and lockdowns, most people were probably counting the items in their pantry; he
was seeing the hunger around his town, and began FeedIndia! Pastors and more were soon
hauling home huge free bags of rice!

One pastor there is a guy that My Dreams has asked prayer for his hand in the past. A pastor
that helped Mel deliver Bibles!

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Friends, God bless to take right decision tonight.
The lady has called to do room agreement, if we do agreement we have to pay her every month even if our business faces loses or less profit.
But if we stop here, we may stop from more losses ahead.
You can pray God bless to take right decision tonight.
So sorry that this seems to have turned into, “ Everybody knows your business thread”...it’s as though a certain member was insinuating that you were a liar....( that’s what my understanding of what they were saying was)...

When you just asked for prayer...it’s like being in court then being “ cross examined”.....

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy who sent Mel fairly new Smart phones said Mel eventually got them working.

He also had sent Mel a fair amount of money by India standards. But Mel wanted regular support which the guy didn't want to do.ds
Calls have not been made on either phone. They don't work in India. One of the phones, the kids are able to use
for watching videos. Mel never spoke or wrote to that guy asking him for regular support for his missions or his family.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sister of his paid off an online quick loan for him. He ran a lot of errands for her and Namrata had been cooking meals
for her family.
My Dreams has posted to this board that the rental documents have been signed. I hope he adds a video soon of
We shall see!
I expect........not!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for her family.
update:

The lease was not yet signed. Other documents needed to be done first, and they were what Mel was referring to.
The shop space will soon be for their store!

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I understand is the house in Raipur rent is paid from his sister's mission money. His parents, a sister, and
his family of four all reside in it. His wife cooks the meals and does the cleaning chores. Mel takes care of Sarah
while Namrata sees to the house tasks.

Mel and his family were asked to leave... parents needed help with the rent. Maybe you are thinking of a different house.

update:

The lease was not yet signed. Other documents needed to be done first, and they were what Mel was referring to.

I certainly hope the shop will soon be their store!!!

I was just trying to encourage, exhort Mel to get some work. Because everything he writes about (for years) are situations requiring money. And then I read what his parents said about him....

When he faced jail time, that was when I couldn't understand him still not trying to seek work.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
update:

It seems that you have been asked to become Mel's mouthpiece in this thread to sing his praises.

You joined this forum on the 23rd September 2023. Why.

Of the 22 posts that you have made, 21 of them is in this thread. The other one was related to a defence of Mydreams in another thread.

If you are such a knowledgeable person about the character and history of Mel, then what caste does he belong too. My impression is that he is from a high caste. It is just a feeling, and I could be wrong, but that is the impression that he gives in his posts.

Reactions: Debp and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caste system in India:

It is a social hierarchy passed down through families, and it can dictate the professions a person can work in as well as aspects of their social lives, including whom they can marry. While the caste system originally was for Hindus, nearly all Indians today identify with a caste, regardless of their religion.
The categories in order include: Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, and Shudras. There is also a fifth category known as the Dalits (or Untouchables), the lowest ranking class and often considered to be ''caste-less'' in Hindu society.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mel and his family were asked to leave... parents needed help with the rent. Maybe you are thinking of a different house.

t
I certainly hope the shop will soon be their store!!!

I was just trying to encourage, exhort Mel to get some work. Because everything he writes about (for years) are situations requiring money. And then I read what his parents said about him....

When he faced jail time, that was when I couldn't understand him still not trying to seek work.

I'll comment more later. Will read it all then, too. For now, you need to understand that I kept
telling Mel that things were not right at that house! I saw and heard what were red flags!
When he didn't take heed to my observations enough, I started telling his wife. When they moved
in to help care for the orphanage kids, all seemed to be pleasant, but Mel began to get noticed by
the pastors and kids living in the neighborhood causing jealousy to show from his sister and her
husband. Pastors arrived to chat with Mel.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caste system in India:

It is a social hierarchy passed down through families, and it can dictate the professions a person can work in as well as aspects of their social lives, including whom they can marry. While the caste system originally was for Hindus, nearly all Indians today identify with a caste, regardless of their religion.
The categories in order include: Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, and Shudras. There is also a fifth category known as the Dalits (or Untouchables), the lowest ranking class and often considered to be ''caste-less'' in Hindu society.
Just wait till the DIGITAL SYSTEM cometh in .....................
many lambs will be cast out not able to buy or sell . But WE FEAR IT NOT or MAN . JESUS IS WITH the lambs .
He fed five thousand , He will take care of His own . To the trenches dear sister . We see prophecy coming to pass
that was foretold over two thousand years ago . Many will buy the lie , BUT THE LAMBS SHALL NOT .
Praise the glorious LORD dear sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caste system in India:

They went to work on India and other countries . Preparing all for what is and what is to come .
DIGITALIZED one world system . Why ya think years back they were getting india and other poorer countries
into bio metric systems . THEY KNEW what they was doing .
The IRON YOKE of sie digital beast satanic system WILL SOON slam down .
But as i said above , WE fear it not or man . THE KING is with the lambs and no matter what comes against us
HE be with us , no matter what we suffer HE be with us . JESUS is our hope and our salvation .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that you have been asked to become Mel's mouthpiece in this thread to sing his praises.

You joined this forum on the 23rd September 2023. Why.

Of the 22 posts that you have made, 21 of them is in this thread. The other one was related to a defence of Mydreams in another thread.

If you are such a knowledgeable person about the character and history of Mel, then what caste does he belong too. My impression is that he is from a high caste. It is just a feeling, and I could be wrong, but that is the impression that he gives in his posts.
No one asked me to post to any boards, threads, or start standing up for Mel. I replied in a thread as to how
Sarah is after her shots, and sent him an email asking if he noticed the new member here. I thought about having
something about flying or airplanes in my ID, but changed it to my motto for many years...go for it! Take a risk...a leap
when opportunities appear. Have it even on my wall..."Good things happen to those who go for it!" Used to also see that
as a picture on the screen of my phone! Took my first flight in a Cessna at the age of 17...with my brother as the pilot,
and Mel knows that is why I love sending people in his family soaring in the sky!

Why did I join this forum? I was appalled at the unjustified attacks by several members continuing against My Dreams!
I'd like to see some apologies to him for the harsh messages that belong in a trash heap!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They went to work on India and other countries . Preparing all for what is and what is to come .
DIGITALIZED one world system . Why ya think years back they were getting india and other poorer countries
into bio metric systems . THEY KNEW what they was doing .
The IRON YOKE of sie digital beast satanic system WILL SOON slam down .
But as i said above , WE fear it not or man . THE KING is with the lambs and no matter what comes against us
HE be with us , no matter what we suffer HE be with us . JESUS is our hope and our salvation .
Why did you comment as to the "IRON YOKE"? Are you referring to how Moses warned of the yoke
of iron that would go on the necks of the nations to serve the Babylonian king /for seventy years? That
yoke was warned to us again in the days of Jeremiah...Nebuchadnezzar II. The kings of Babylon have not
yet ruled the entire length of 70 years, so the yoke of iron is still upon us for future captivity!

605 BC
Babylon fell to Persia 539 BC

Status
Not open for further replies.