right decision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll comment more later. Will read it all then, too.
For now, you need to understand that I kept telling Mel that things were not right at that house! I saw and heard what were red flags!
When he didn't take heed to my observations enough, I started telling his wife. When they moved
in to help care for the orphanage kids, all seemed to be pleasant, but Mel began to get noticed by
the pastors and kids living in the neighborhood causing jealousy to show from his sister and her
husband. Pastors arrived to chat with Mel.
You need to picture the family and what goes on at their house. His dad is well-known, also..two of his sisters
(married) have been involved in mission work, because of this...their houses are open 24 hours each day! Pastors
stop by with various needs, pray, and get great meals! Sometimes, Bibles, rice, money, snacks are given to them! My Dreams
was consistently on call to run for groceries before he injured his leg in a recent scooter accident. His wife is the skilled chef
for meals for the visitors that without notice just arrive at their door!
I remember a time when a pastor and his wife showed up at the house wanting help for their son to get to
a conference in the southern part of India, as needed money right then! In stepped My Dreams soon with the
finances! Another time, a pastor from another part of India was walking to catch a bus back from Raipur, called
My Dreams...and immediately received the funds to hire a taxi!

So when you first posted, you gave a glowing report about their household!

Now in your most recent post, you say "you need to understand that I kept telling Mel that things were not right at that house! I saw and heard what were red flags!"

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following topics by Mel were written in December 2022....long after he had to leave his sister's orphanage.

Since you said you haven't read them yet, here they are again. And I was told his parents told him and his family to leave. Parents needed help with the rent.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when you first posted, you gave a glowing report about their household!

Now in your most recent post, you say "you need to understand that I kept telling Mel that things were not right at that house! I saw and heard what were red flags!"
Things seemed okay when they first moved there and the orphanage was going fine. Covid began..Mel had been to Puri,
pastors were phoning him, and India changed the requirements as to how much space in orphanages. Theirs no longer
met the area needed per child, thus began the building of a new orphanage. Mel and his sister both had made friends
with a pastor from the USA that had been to their first house/orphanage. This pastor took an interest in the Bibles4India
mission project that Mel had started in late 2019, even provided some support to get Bibles....this caused his sister to
want a halt to the money, because it might mean her work gets less funding. I asked Mel to tell her that some people
want to give to one type of project, and others to a different cause. There is plenty of money to go around, and if they
worked as a team, then that might even gain the missions more supporters.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to see some apologies to him for the harsh messages that belong in a trash heap!

Have you read any of the things Mel has said to us? (I just ignore what he says about me as I know it isn't true.)

He attacks when we are just trying to get him to realize he needs to support his family!

Whenever we say anything he doesn't agree with, he goes on the attack! Instead he should be willing to listen to counsel....but he always attacks!

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following topics by Mel were written in December 2022....long after he had to leave his sister's orphanage.

Since you said you haven't read them yet, here they are again. And I was told his parents told him and his family to leave. Parents needed help with the rent.

In India, it is a tradition that the son is responsible for the needs of sisters and parents.
has Have you read any of the things Mel has said to us? (I just ignore what he says about me as I know it isn't true.)

He attacks when we are just trying to get him to realize he needs to support his family!

Whenever we say anything he doesn't agree with, he goes on the attack! Instead he should be willing to listen to counsel....but he always attacks!

I've read many of the comments by him under the threads. He could help by answering some of the
questions he was asked, and might if he wasn't being verbally attacked rudely at the same time in the replies.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In India, it is a tradition that the son is responsible for the needs of sisters and parents.

I've read many of the comments by him under the threads. He could help by answering some of the
questions he was asked, and might if he wasn't being verbally attacked rudely at the same time in the replies.
Are you Mel?

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In India, it is a tradition that the son is responsible for the needs of sisters and parents

Yes, I know. But he wasn't even able to contribute to the rent that his parents were paying. His mother's pension was paying the rent.

So I tried to encourage him to get work.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly.....just ignore their ridiculous questions.which quite honestly, is NONE of their business....I’m really surprised that the mods are allowing this member to carry on, the one who is firing all the questions,....

My Dreams asked for prayer regarding the “ right decision “ then he’s met with a “ full enquiry”.....

Last edited:
Reactions: My Dreams

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t see any of the above from My Dreams..imo.

If you believe that...,how many pages are you going to carry on with your interrogation?

Maybe it’s you who needs to listen to the word of God.......he would NEVER BULLY his child, like you have been doing for the past 5 pages...all in my opinion of you!! and what I read!!

God’s words below.

And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.”

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exhort:
1. To urge by strong, often stirring argument, admonition, advice, or appeal.
2. To make an urgent appeal

Proverbs 15:31-33
31The ear that hears the rebukes of life
Will abide among the wise.
32He who disdains instruction despises his own soul,
But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.
33The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom,
And before honor is humility.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My Dreams, I have reported this thread, as I see it’s getting more and more personal....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest many have taken this thread away from being about prayer, not just one person. This thread is now locked. Just for future reference, when members are critical of why we keep threads open could it be understood that we don’t have time to check every thread or post. It’s just as much members responsibility to alert us and then allow us to decide what to do.
I am a little concerned about all the personal information that started to turn this thread round, sure hope it was shared with mydreams knowledge and permission!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.