Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does all this leave the believer in Christ who is part of the Roman Church?

Stranger
I was a part of the RCC..never went back for one obvious reason; I became saved.

From my own spiritual experience, God told me many times and in several instances and settings to leave this religious corruption before I was married, and I was even an altar boy at one point. I began to seek after God again anew after I just got married. This time God led me to his Son for the first time in my life - I knew my Christ for the first time.

The other concern I have with folks that are actually true believers in the RCC today that especially participate in their Mass, it is that the spirit within them must know clearly that it is not the place for spiritual growth. In fact it cannot bring inner peace imo. It resists any movement for me to mingle back into such a setting ever again.

And then there are those that say well what's the harm in staying with others, your previous friends, in the RCC as they may be true believers as you, and you don't really know if they are not believers.

Again the spirit within one guides a true believer for growth in the spirit of Christ or itself. And I believe one has to sever their relationships with these people all together, and even if they profess Christianity of some kind that is based on the RCC religion. One must severe one's friends or even family. I 'lost' my parents and siblings because of this spiritual bold decision and move on my part due to my spirit's direction and conviction.

I really understood and experienced the words of scripture Luke 14:26) that said you have to hate even your family for my sake. When I first came to Christ and came into his life, I really did not completely understand these words until I began to grow and had to live this verse. If one is true with self and Christ's spirit it must be done without question. Yes, it is painful at first although it gets much better over time. It is the way and God's will.

(Luk 14:26) If anyone comes to me, and hates not his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

No, one cannot really comment and say what's the harm in staying in the RCC concerning a true believer when they have never been there and come out of it themselves. In fact I would question the spiritual condition of the one suggesting such a thing if they already understood the RCC way to salvation and still says is ok, waht's the big deal. A big deal, indeed.

Bless you,

APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was a part of the RCC..never went back for one obvious reason; I became saved.

From my own spiritual experience, God told me many times and in several instances and settings to leave this religious corruption before I was married, and I was even an altar boy at one point. I began to seek after God again anew after I just got married. This time God led me to his Son for the first time in my life - I knew my Christ for the first time.

The other concern I have with folks that are actually true believers in the RCC today that especially participate in their Mass, it is that the spirit within them must know clearly that it is not the place for spiritual growth. In fact it cannot bring inner peace imo. It resists any movement for me to mingle back into such a setting ever again.

And then there are those that say well what's the harm in staying with others, your previous friends, in the RCC as they may be true believers as you, and you don't really know if they are not believers.

Again the spirit within one guides a true believer for growth in the spirit of Christ or itself. And I believe one has to sever their relationships with these people all together, and even if they profess Christianity of some kind that is based on the RCC religion. One must severe one's friends or even family. I 'lost' my parents and siblings because of this spiritual bold decision and move on my part due to my spirit's direction and conviction.

I really understood and experienced the words of scripture Luke 14:26) that said you have to hate even your family for my sake. When I first came to Christ and came into his life, I really did not completely understand these words until I began to grow and had to live this verse. If one is true with self and Christ's spirit it must be done without question. Yes, it is painful at first although it gets much better over time. It is the way and God's will.

(Luk 14:26) If anyone comes to me, and hates not his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

No, one cannot really comment and say what's the harm in staying in the RCC concerning a true believer when they have never been there and come out of it themselves. In fact I would question the spiritual condition of the one suggesting such a thing if they already understood the RCC way to salvation and still says is ok, waht's the big deal. A big deal, indeed.

Bless you,

APAK

Well that hot the nail on the head. :)

You had the answer !

We leave or stay (as @Stranger suggested - BY THE WORD OF THE LORD!

NOT because @CoreIssue says so o_O
Lord deliver us from “ought-ism “...”She ought to do this , or , he ought to do that.”
The issue is always - what is God saying to our, his or her , heart?

Some people seem to enjoy telling other people what they should or shouldn’t be doing!:rolleyes:

B

brakelite

You had the answer !

Lord deliver us from “ought-ism “...”She ought to do this , or , he ought to do that.”

Some people seem to enjoy telling other people what they should or sh ouldn’t be doing!:rolleyes:
The Protestant reformation was based on several different pillars of truth, and not all the reformers agreed on what those were, or meant in their entirety. They were learning new truth, or old truth being rediscovered, and this took time. But one thing they did all agree on. The Catholic church system... Not the Pope... Not the individual people... But the system, was the Antichrist that scripture warns of. The reformers were not wrong. This can be proved from scripture... It is not me nor core issue that is saying the true Christians within that system out to come out... It is God calling His own people out, lest they become to involved in her sin and receive of her plagues.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bless you,

APAK

If one wants to leave the Roman Church, well and good. Just because you left the Roman Church doesn't mean there are no believers there who stay in the Roman Church. Nor does it mean they are supposed to leave it. Nor does it mean your doctrine is without error.

Yes, those in the Roman Church are hindered in their spiritual growth. But that doesn't mean they can't grow spiritually.

In other words, though Rome does not teach the new-birth the same as Protestants do, that doesn't mean there are not Christians there who are born-again.

You can question my spiritual condition all you want. Seems you never really left the affects of the papacy as you want to determine the spiritual condition of the believer just as they.

Stranger

B

brakelite

Now, THAT'S a point we can argue about.
"RCC" is not because it is simply a misnomer.
No, it is not a misnomer at all. It is not American Catholicism, or Australasian, or Ghanaian, or British... It is all Roman, and only Roman, because she received her power and authority from Rome, she inherited her seat or throne from Rome, she bestowed Roman titles upon her rulers, she grew out of Rome, used Roman architecture, Roman laws, Roman traditions, Roman jurisprudence, Roman justice, and continued in the practice with some of her own embellishments of Roman persecution of Gods people. She even used Roman holidays baptizing them into Christianity and enforcing their observance, and to this day reverence the old Roman gods by proxy by kissing the feet of Jupiter, and honouring the Mithraic sun god in exalting Sun day.
You may not like to recognise the above, but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you truly were a Catholic at some point in your life - you wouldn't refer to it as the "RCC" or to Catholics as "RCs" because this shows complete ignorance of all things Catholic.

My guess is that yo were NEVER a Catholic but you went to mass a few times - probably as a guest of a friend or family member.
Thing is bro, it's called the RCC here and most have a handle on saying such, sure I know what you are saying and I know that this Church is vast, it's a subject that is huge, if you want to look into every detail of such a church, most people will not bother to look into such because they see it as the RCC and that is the best starting point for most Christian's, you don't want to complicate things too much.
I agree with my latest Bible it is a 1961 Catholic Action Edition that I was lucky to find in like new condition, I went to buy a new Catholic one and the top shelf at that that you can get and I was shocked that all the information was gone that a true Catholic only need, no foot notes no nothing of any worth, it was all dumbed down using crap words like revelation etc you want to look into it as to why this Church has gone and done that.
All the people I know who do go to their RC church nearly every day that I am related to sure as hell do not like Pope Frances. and all ones that I have known as my children went to a RC school for their whole 12 years were 3rd rate and I do not know one who was truly Born Again or truly was a Catholic worthy of knowledge of my Bible and when bringing up the subject they did not want to talk about any subject much at all, because they did not know the subject well enough or truly cared at all for such but only take some 3rd rate Priest word as gospel, oh he sounds like he is saying nice things, but is it truly Biblical truth ? no ! not at all, not in relation to my Bible, I have catch the bastards out many a time dribbling so much crap that it's not funny, even the Archbishop was totally full of crap. he was not Biblically correct as to my RC Bible. he was peddling a mans works gibberish and he does not know the Holy Spirit, he is a worldly moron, I was shocked at the crap that he was peddling, but all around me were swallowing it all without question as always.

Hey I even waned to become a Deacon but my mum went right off the handle about that and then I got Married so having a family took up my duty and I am so glad that I did. back in them days the CR Priest were good and were manly and not wimps like nowadays.
Sure I knew about the Sodomites in the RC back then but I thought that would off been dealt with, but it never did as it just festered.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one wants to leave the Roman Church, well and good. Just because you left the Roman Church doesn't mean there are no believers there who stay in the Roman Church. Nor does it mean they are supposed to leave it. Nor does it mean your doctrine is without error.

Yes, those in the Roman Church are hindered in their spiritual growth. But that doesn't mean they can't grow spiritually.

In other words, though Rome does not teach the new-birth the same as Protestants do, that doesn't mean there are not Christians there who are born-again.

You can question my spiritual condition all you want. Seems you never really left the affects of the papacy as you want to determine the spiritual condition of the believer just as they.

Stranger

Nice words and apparently a true apologetic. Although you completely hit the gutter ball lane in your last statement. I believe you felt I called you out and now your feel offended. Well sir I do not know you so let's leave it at that so then we can both agree and understand there is more to learn from each other, if you are truly interested.

Bless you,

APAK

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You had the answer !

Some people seem to enjoy telling other people what they should or shouldn’t be doing!:rolleyes:

So that means no one else should tell the truth or witness to people in cults.

Doesn't the Bible say that God works through people?

Why do you defend cults?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never called it purgatory , I don't find that in the bible..but I do see "The Refiners Fire".. so on that I agree with you...
But where you and I probably part ways is that I see that Jesus died for all men. But that is another issue and not this thread.

I just want to go on record ( again) in saying I am totally against CoreIssue ( or anyone else come to that) who keep on and on , (even again today I saw it against "Harvest ") telling people he was a JW/Bible student.

We can all READ, we all KNOW who the Catholic's are , who the JW's are, who the SDA are who the LDS are, who the Calvinist's are ...no one has hidden where they stand. So why do some have to keep on reminding the rest of us which box people hold to and try to undermine someones posts!
This Site is broad enough to ALLOW all of us...so what on earth does it matter about someone else's belief system.

I have said it a few time before and I will say it again..
."Some people" will be in for a big shock when the finally see GOD'S ruling , on just who 'is in' and who is 'out', and The Final Day.
This is PRECISELY why don't lump YOU in with the anti-Catholics.

You have a disagreement, yes - but you never resort to lying about what the Catholic Church teaches and you respect what others believe without attacking them.

I wish there were more like YOU on this forum . . .

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that means no one else should tell the truth or witness to people in cults.

Doesn't the Bible say that God works through people?

Why do you defend cults?
No - she simply doesn't LIE like YOU do.

She doesn't have to sit at her computer and regurgitate the same tired, old garbage that YOU do because she has true charity in her heart - and YOU apparently don't.

Reactions: Marymog

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - she simply doesn't LIE like YOU do.

She doesn't have to sit at her computer and regurgitate the same tired, old garbage that YOU do because she has true charity in her heart - and YOU apparently don't.

I never said she lies. I simply asked her a question.

I have one for you. Why don't you address any of the videos?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nor does it mean they are supposed to leave it.
Well the Bible is very clear that true believers are to depart from Babylon or any manifestation of Mystery Babylon. The RCC certainly qualifies as a part of Mystery Babylon, therefore true believers (including the Reformers) left the Roman Church, although some tried to remain within it and ultimately failed to effect any changes. The Reformers were also convinced that the Pope was the Antichrist (though that is not really the case).

Christians also should not forget that the RCC held the Council of Trent specifically to oppose all evangelical doctrines and to call those who held to Protestant doctrines anathema (accursed). The rulings of this Council are still valid for the RCC, as anyone who reads the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church) will discover.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said she lies. I simply asked her a question.

I have one for you. Why don't you address any of the videos?
I already told you - I don't watch video links.
This is a DISCUSSION forum. If you can't articulate your thoughts here - DON'T send me to a video to do your talking.

I'll go toe-to-toe with you on ANY subject - but I won't be sent away to watch a video that does your talking FOR you. This is probably the reason why YOUR online forum died.

Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It leaves him living up to what light he has. If he/she loves truth and sincerely desires knowledge and understanding, God will honour that, and grant him/her new light. It will then be up to that believer to walk in that light, which eventually will result in abandoning Rome altogether.

When a believing RC starts reading his/her Bible, the break with the RCC seems almost inevitable. I know a number of former RCs who, after they began reading their Bibles, would ask questions of their priests. They frequently got told not to read the Bible as it would "only confuse" them. The more they would read, the more they would be convinced that they needed to leave the RCC. No wonder the RCC preaches so hard on the superiority of the priestly hierarchy in determining doctrine. Can't have the peasants read the Bible and determine those things for themselves!!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if he is enjoying a fellowship of other believers in Christ, why should he leave? Perhaps he disagrees in some areas. Yet he has the fellowship of other believers and Christ there.

You act as if the Roman Church is not Christian. It is.

Stranger

There are many Christians within the RCC. However, I don't think the Vatican contains a lot of Christians--and historically, it doesn't often appear to have been led by Christians--including the leadership today.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stranger

As Christians grow through "the washing of the water of the word" it seems nearly inevitable that they will leave the RCC. I know many former RC Christians who said that they felt stifled within the confines of the RCC after they had experienced the rebirth from above.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you - I don't watch video links.
This is a DISCUSSION forum. If you can't articulate your thoughts here - DON'T send me to a video to do your talking.

I'll go toe-to-toe with you on ANY subject - but I won't be sent away to watch a video that does your talking FOR you. This is probably the reason why YOUR online forum died.

But it is okay for you to constantly cite Catholic sources.

A non-Catholic goes on a Catholic site and disagrees and they are not there very long. Banned.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk