Romans 6 ~ Alive from among the Dead Ones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 6:4 . . .
upload_2019-12-5_9-39-33.png
Dead ones is a noun.

It's not that Jesus revived out of death. He did. But that's not the point of what's being said here. It's that Jesus was raised out of the dead ones.

Of all that were dead, Jesus returned back to life, and not just the same life, but a greater life, immortal and eternal life.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Just the same as Jesus, Who was raised from out of the dead ones, we've also been raised from out of the dead ones.

In being raised out of the dead ones, now we should walk in a new life.

upload_2019-12-5_9-46-25.png

Romans 6:13
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

This verse speaks the same way, Yield yourselves unto God, as those who are alive, living, out of the dead ones.

Jesus rose from the physically dead. We've been raised from those in a different kind of death, dead in trespasses and sins.

You, who were dead in trespasses and sins, He has made alive.

We are alive from among the dead ones. And it's a completely different kind of life!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:23 . . . for the wages of sin is death, but the . . .
upload_2019-12-5_9-54-6.png
. . . the charisma of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus the Lord.

When we consider the gift . . . consider the kind of gift this is.

The ordinary word for 'gift' isn't used here, instead the charisma.

Same in 1 Peter 4:10 . . .

upload_2019-12-5_9-57-46.png
1 Peter 4:10 "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."

According as each he obtained charisma into yourselves, be serving it as ideal managers . . .

I like this translation, the "grace effect".

My grace is sufficient for thee . . .

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.'

(Rom 6:23)

Hi @marks,

I thought I would take a walk with you here, :) along the path of G5486 - charisma: which is referred to in the Strong's definition, as a Divine gratuity, or a gift of grace (or favour).

* I find that it is used elsewhere in Scripture in sixteen other places, so seventeen in all:- (Romans 6:23; Romans 1:11; Romans 5:15-16; Romans 11:29; Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 7:7; 1 Corinthians 12:4; 1 Corinthians 12:9; 1 Corinthians 12:28-31; 2 Corinthians 1:11; 1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; 1 Peter 4:10). - Used of Divine gifts, and spiritual gifts, never of a gift of man to man or man to Godl but only from God's hand to man. - Praise God!

* The verb (G5487 - charitoo) is used in Luke 1:28, 'Hail, (thou that art) highly favoured': concerning Mary, the Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is blessedly only used once more: in Ephesians 1:6, 'To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted (G5487) in the beloved':concerning the members of the church which is Christ's body, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all': - for we are, like Mary, also much graced - or highly favoured, in Christ Jesus our Lord: to Whom Mary gave birth; the Son of God, now risen and glorified, and sat at God's right hand in the heavenlies. Praise His Holy Name!

* Other words translated gift:-
dorea (G1431
doron (G1435)
dorema (G1434)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi @marks,

I thought I would take a walk with you here, :) along the path of G5486 - charisma: which is referred to in the Strong's definition, as a Divine gratuity, or a gift of grace (or favour).

* I find that it is used elsewhere in Scripture in sixteen other places, so seventeen in all:- (Romans 6:23; Romans 1:11; Romans 5:15-16; Romans 11:29; Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 7:7; 1 Corinthians 12:4; 1 Corinthians 12:9;1 Corinthians 12:28-31; 1 Corinthians 1:11; 1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; 1 Peter 4:10). - Used of Divine gifts, and spiritual gifts, never of a gift of man to man or man to Godl but only from God's hand to man. - Praise God!

* The verb (G5487 - charitoo) is used in Luke 1:28, 'Hail, (thou that art) highly favoured': concerning Mary, the Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is blessedly only used once more: in Ephesians 1:6, concerning the members of the church which is Christ's body, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all': - for we are, like Mary, also much graced - or highly favoured, in Christ Jesus our Lord: to Whom Mary gave birth; the Son of God, now risen and glorified, and sat at God's right hand in the heavenlies. Praise His Holy Name!

dorea (G1431
doron (G1435)
dorema (G1434)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Christ formed in you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
physical Death and Spiritual Death.

Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:"
Walk here is Rightiousness living.
I thought I would take a walk with you here, :) along the path of G5486 - charisma: which is referred to in the Strong's definition, as a Divine gratuity, or a gift of grace (or favour)
you hit it on the head, it is his GIFT, himself living inside of us, to restore, or reclaim that which was lost.
to live this Rightious life one as said, "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God".
that's why he was "revived" as in Roman 14:9, to recover, or return us to a normal state of health, mind, and strength before sin entered into the world. hence the the LIVING Gift within us to "HELP" us. yield not our members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin.

PS a foot note to another topic. his (2) advent in us living, and reviving us by his Holy Spirit,/ Yeshua/Jesus the Christ.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi @marks,

* I find that it is used elsewhere in Scripture in sixteen other places, so seventeen in all:- (Romans 6:23; Romans 1:11; Romans 5:15-16; Romans 11:29; Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 7:7; 1 Corinthians 12:4; 1 Corinthians 12:9; 1 Corinthians 12:28-31; 2 Corinthians 1:11; 1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; 1 Peter 4:10). - Used of Divine gifts, and spiritual gifts, never of a gift of man to man or man to Godl but only from God's hand to man. - Praise God!

* The verb (G5487 - charitoo) is used in Luke 1:28, 'Hail, (thou that art) highly favoured': concerning Mary, the Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is blessedly only used once more: in Ephesians 1:6, 'To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted (G5487) in the beloved':concerning the members of the church which is Christ's body, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all': - for we are, like Mary, also much graced - or highly favoured, in Christ Jesus our Lord: to Whom Mary gave birth; the Son of God, now risen and glorified, and sat at God's right hand in the heavenlies. Praise His Holy Name!

dorea (G1431
doron (G1435)
dorema (G1434)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you Chris!

It's a good place to walk!

Much love!