ROMANS 8 EXPLAINED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The works of the flesh? What of them? No one inherits the kingdom by the works of the flesh.

Of course not, but what if they sin in the flesh? Do they inherit the Kingdom of God or not. And what is inheriting the Kingdom of God?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course not, but what if they sin in the flesh? Do they inherit the Kingdom of God or not. And what is inheriting the Kingdom of God?

We can't make a conclusion about the race while the race is in progress. A person can enter in and out of the kingdom realm in the Spirit. In fact we will all do just that. I'm speaking here of people who are actually entering in in the first place.

Going in and out is how we learn to be as Jesus in character. It's like breathing in and out...or like a hammer going up and down on us...forging our characters into Christ.

Inheriting is only at the end of the race. Some people will have run worthy of entering in permanently...and others not.

Reactions: amadeus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't make a conclusion about the race while the race is in progress. A person can enter in and out of the kingdom realm in the Spirit. In fact we will all do just that. I'm speaking here of people who are actually entering in in the first place.

Going in and out is how we learn to be as Jesus in character. It's like breathing in and out...or like a hammer going up and down on us...forging our characters into Christ.

Inheriting is only at the end of the race. Some people will have run worthy of entering in permanently...and others not.

Then in other words, we enter in and out of salvation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then in other words, we enter in and out of salvation.

That's a human way of putting it. We come in and out of a FULL salvation. God doesn't just condemn everyone that doesn't abide in Christ. We are learning to be as Jesus. So then it looks somewhat like this

A full salvation...to a pathetic condition...then
A full salvation...to a slightly improved condition...then
A full salvation....to a more humble and Christlike condition...etc

Until the 2 conditions are parallel....and we have learned to be as our Master.

This is God's "plan" in Christ. We will be judged by our final condition...of what kind of person we are....and what kind of works we do.

In the meantime...we are being forged into a mould of Jesus.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a human way of putting it. We come in and out of a FULL salvation. God doesn't just condemn everyone that doesn't abide in Christ. We are learning to be as Jesus. So then it looks somewhat like this

A full salvation...to a pathetic condition...then
A full salvation...to a slightly improved condition...then
A full salvation....to a more humble and Christlike condition...etc

Until the 2 conditions are parallel....and we have learned to be as our Master.

This is God's "plan" in Christ. We will be judged by our final condition...of what kind of person we are....and what kind of works we do.

In the meantime...we are being forged into a mould of Jesus.

The once saved, always saved troup are not going to like that. It puts a cramp in their getty up!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The once saved, always saved troup are not going to like that. It puts a cramp in their getty up!

I suppose not! :)

When we try straining the word of God through the understanding of men...we get a cardboard cut-out of something that is supposed to be life giving.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we try straining the word of God through the understanding of men...we get a cardboard cut-out of something that is supposed to be life giving.

Like saying not entering the Kingdom of God is merely a lack of rewards, while still going to heaven. God will not be mocked.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like saying not entering the Kingdom of God is merely a lack of rewards, while still going to heaven. God will not be mocked.

it is the loss of all things...unto shame and nakedness.

Sometimes in a sports exhibition...a person will streak naked before the crowd....especially if it is televised.

Invariably that person is cast out of the stadium...at the very least.

But so will many "believers" be rejected who have not kept their garments clean. These are seen as "filthy" in a spiritual sense.

Their destiny is to wander away from the presence of God in outer darkness. They shall be the servants of servants.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree that to abide in Him means to trust Him.
So then the verse could be said this way: anyone who trusts in Him does not sin.

So then my mind says: but I DO trust in Him...But I do still sin, so...the verse cannot be correct.
But I know the verse MUST be correct!

So then my mind says: okay, I have to come at the verse from this direction: it is the truth because God said it. So...when I do sin, I must not be abiding (trusting) in Him, but in something else.
John's First Epistle has similar thoughts; it is a matter of continuing in the light and not continuing in sin.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8 is a truly tremendous chapter! :)

That's quite a song there Farouk! It's nothing like anything I've ever listened to! I kind of liked it even though I'm an old lady!
Episkopos is a musician, did you know that? If you pester him, maybe he will post some of his music for you. He has one song called Jacobs Ladder that I just love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's quite a song there Farouk! It's nothing like anything I've ever listened to! I kind of liked it even though I'm an old lady!
Episkopos is a musician, did you know that? If you pester him, maybe he will post some of his music for you. He has one song called Jacobs Ladder that I just love!
So are you referring to link to Disciple's Radical in the header?

Interesting that Episkopos is a musician.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yes, sorry.
Oh okay so you did like the Biblical lyrics effectively expressed by Disciple's Radical. (Ithink it it's effective, anyway) If you've not heard something like this before, why not listen to it a few times, and it may grow on you, so to speak, if you like it already.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay so you did like the Biblical lyrics effectively expressed by Disciple's Radical. (Ithink it it's effective, anyway) If you've not heard something like this before, why not listen to it a few times, and it may grow on you, so to speak, if you like it already.

Yes, I liked the lyrics. But without the closed caption of them, I would not have been able to understand what they were saying very well! haha. It was very high energy too! I think you are probably much younger than me. It sounds like music my nephew listens to. :)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I liked the lyrics. But without the closed caption of them, I would not have been able to understand what they were saying very well! haha. It was very high energy too! I think you are probably much younger than me. It sounds like music my nephew listens to. :)
Well, seriously, if you like lyrics expressed in this style you're a hard rock woman but didn't realize it. (By the way, you are way off my and wife's ages... :) ) In the end, music is all about developing capacities to appreciate a particular style.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Romans 8 truly ends on a tremendous note:

"38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, seriously, if you like lyrics expressed in this style you're a hard rock woman but didn't realize it. (By the way, you are way off my and wife's ages... :) ) In the end, music is all about developing capacities to appreciate a particular style.

Does your wife come in here Farouk?? :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and here I was trying to guess who she was in here! Yes, I'm famous for derailing threads. Is your wife a Christian too Farouk?

Reactions: farouk