Romans 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @CoreIssue, please show us all where what you say is in Romans 8, is actually in there.

You have failed to do so thus far. Show us where it says God chose us because we loved him.

What verse is that?

Philosophizing your false religion into the text doesn't count. Using your free will crystal ball, and saying what you think the text must mean is not exegesis (getting all points from what is written without adding to the text), it's eisegesis (adding things not there into the text.) Eisegesis sums up your entire "theology" and religion as all that you believe is based on this.

Hey, at least you tried, and in doing so you've shown publicly how you add things into God's word that are not there.
Funny but I see nothing but personal insults & accusations in you post. No scripture used , no presentation of your argument, but just insults. oh well....

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep missing the word of God in my posts, unless it has quotation marks and chapter and verse. That's not how it's done.
You never quote God's word, you merely give your own opinions. We want scripture to illustrate that what you say is what is IN the word of God , not just "spiritual beliefs" according to ScottA.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny but I see nothing but personal insults & accusations in you post. No scripture used , no presentation of your argument, but just insults. oh well....
Because you conveniently skipped my posts where I did give biblical arguments.

Now, on the flip side I've yet to see your biblical arguments.

That's what's funny.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never quote God's word, you merely give your own opinions. We want scripture to illustrate that what you say is what is IN the word of God , not just "spiritual beliefs" according to ScottA.
Wow, you just did exactly what you tried to ridicule me for. :D:po_O

That's funny, too.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again my friend. The word draw in the Greek means to literally drag off. Its not that we are drawn against our wills kicking and screaming, but that He effectually draws us to Himself. IOW, when He draws us, we come. Its used in John 18:10 when Peter drew the sword. It is also used in John 21:11 when Peter drew the net to shore.

I would sooner say, I disagree, than to make the declaration, "Wrong again." But that's just me. I see a number of people on this forum that often make such declarations, so I get that's this forum's culture.

But I'm not going to get into an argument over the words, it's the same word used in John 6 of the Father drawing people.

In the first case, the Father draws some, and in the second case, the Son will draw all.

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just skip right past everything that refutes you, don't you? And you snip out what you don't like, right? Yes, you do.

Perhaps God will open your eyes to what you're doing, glorying in yourself, and to your false truncated gospel.

You've been given ample evidence, proof choosing doesn't save, proof God does it all, and you go right back to yourself and your errors.

You ask me to substantiate? I've done so already, you refuse to give God the glory.

Tell us more about how God chose you because of what you did. Get in some more practice and rehearsal time, you'll need to be polished on your false gospel spiel when you give an account of the reasons you merited being chosen by God in your works gospel. Perhaps you can show others what they need to do to get God to notice them and merit salvation.

Nothing really to respond to here. Just telling me what a terrible person I am.

I find that debates often end this way. Pejoratives instead of rebuttal.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He foreknew the sinner himself, not what the sinner would do...it says and whom he did foreknow, not what he did foreknow.

Hi Anthony,

I'm thinking that God knew us in advance, as in, who we are, and also knew in advance what we will do. I'm thinking that to God this is all one thing, that is, He knows my life start to finish inside out.

That's how I think of it anyway.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Waiting on him
D

Dave L

Hi Anthony,

I'm thinking that God knew us in advance, as in, who we are, and also knew in advance what we will do. I'm thinking that to God this is all one thing, that is, He knows my life start to finish inside out.

Much love!
Mark
If God ever learned from "foreseeing" he is not omniscient = not God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mark ,
We have asked this poster several times to provide a scriptural answer even if it does not agree with us, just answer.
He responds with accusations and claims we are unsaved and so on.
I told him he was losing credibility if he does not gave the courtesy of taking time to answer he is wasting everyone's time.
He with His latest outburst has moved to clown status. If he wants to be taken seriously he must re engage civil discussions, not clown like posts.
I find it disgusting, not amusing.
Some people want real help. He does not give any indication he is one of them

OK, then, I guess you're expressing that.

Much love!
Mark

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Anthony,

Much love!
Mark
That is not the biblical usage of the term.God knows everything,that is true,but this term is used of and intimate knowledge...Adam knew his wife,and she conceived,,,thenAdam knew Eve again and she conceived...
Joseph knew not Mary until after the birth of Jesus.

Reactions: Dave L

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God ever learned from "foreseeing" he is not omniscient = not God.
Agreed...that is why Gods decree was no dependent on man...the children not having done anything good or evil, it was said the elder shall serve the younger, that Gods election might stand.

Reactions: Dave L

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you just did exactly what you tried to ridicule me for. :D:po_O
That's funny, too.
Pffft... I did not "ridicule" you. If stating exactly what your posts entailed is negative characterization in your opinion , then I suggest you stop just insulting people.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the biblical usage of the term.God knows everything,that is true,but this term is used of and intimate knowledge...Adam knew his wife,and she conceived,,,thenAdam knew Eve again and she conceived...
Joseph knew not Mary until after the birth of Jesus.

You're not saying this word is only used of intimate relations, right?

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not like to resort to such ideas, but that seems to be where he is. If he interacts sincerely he will be offered sincere responses.

OK.

But if you don't like to do it, why do you? Isn't there a way more in keeping with what you do like?

Much love!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.

But if you don't like to do it, why do you? Isn't there a way more in keeping with what you do like?

Much love!
Mark, let me ask you....when he and his friend were calling us unsaved workers of satan,where was your Concern for us? I do not recall you saying that was not a proper response.
Did you not see those many posts, a long with his failed thread saying calvinism is a cult.