Romans 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical warning against false prophets says I do.
The bible also says that the would-be people of God repeatedly killed the prophets when they were sent to them and even killed the Son of God, and that Jesus will tell them in the end "I never knew you"...among other things.

But these wolves in sheep's clothing are not fooling the elect. See you at the barbeque!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible also says that the would-be people of God repeatedly killed the prophets when they were sent to them and even killed the Son of God, and that Jesus will tell them in the end "I never knew you"...among other things.

But these wolves in sheep's clothing are not fooling the elect. See you at the barbeque!
No, you can join your prophetess Ellen G White there if you wish. I do not.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not use chapter and verse, nor quotation marks, but paraphrased the prophets. He is the standard. But I do the same by the same Spirit, and look who comes out against that same Spirit.

Thanks for stepping into the light where you are exposed.

Again, there is a huge difference between you and Jesus.

~ Jesus was God incarnate, you are not
~ Jesus was the Word incarnate, you are not
~Jesus was perfect, you are not.

Jesus was the Word made flesh, therefore even if he did 'paraphrase' the prophets, it was because every word that came forth out of his mouth was perfect, because he was perfect. You are not perfect, and therefore your words have no authority. Paraphrasing is not the same as using Scriptures; it is taking Scriptures and making them say what you want them to say. You are saying that if Jesus did it you can too; that is assuming that you are on par with the Holy God Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you can join your prophetess Ellen G White there if you wish. I do not.
Obviously you are blinded by some pet peeve about those people and organizations which I have nothing to do with nor any real knowledge of, and it is your only comeback against those who simply go by the scriptures and the Holy Spirit, who go against your doctrines taught by men. That just makes you a name-caller, a backbiter, and an accuser.

Anyone who wants to know the actual truth can simply verify both sides as true or false in the scriptures. You're not kidding anyone.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously you are blinded by some pet peeve about those people and organizations which I have nothing to do with nor any real knowledge of, and it is your only comeback against those who simply go by the scriptures and the Holy Spirit, who go against your doctrines taught by men. That just makes you a name-caller, a backbiter, and an accuser.

Anyone who wants to know the actual truth can simply verify both sides as true or false in the scriptures. You're not kidding anyone.
You're absolutely right. They can check Scriptures.

But that doesn't change the fact your manner of talking is arrogant and condescending.

I've read one thing over the decades.

People that love to use the phrase doctrines of men are raising a red flag to others.

Yes there are tons false doctrine out there. And those who have some of the most the fastest use of doctrines of man.

Like here, instead of telling me why those doctrines are correct and mine are wrong you resort to personal attacks and clichés.

And again you elevated yourself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, there is a huge difference between you and Jesus.

~ Jesus was God incarnate, you are not
~ Jesus was the Word incarnate, you are not
~Jesus was perfect, you are not.

Jesus was the Word made flesh, therefore even if he did 'paraphrase' the prophets, it was because every word that came forth out of his mouth was perfect, because he was perfect. You are not perfect, and therefore your words have no authority. Paraphrasing is not the same as using Scriptures; it is taking Scriptures and making them say what you want them to say. You are saying that if Jesus did it you can too; that is assuming that you are on par with the Holy God Christ.
That is all just as true as the things that Satan says...mostly true, but with a little twist.

Let's look at it:

1. You say "Jesus was God incarnate, you are not." Jesus, prayed to the Father saying: "Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are." He is correct. You are wrong.

2. You say "Jesus was the Word incarnate, you are not." Jesus said of those given the Holy Spirit, "But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." He is correct. You are wrong.

3. You say "Jesus was perfect, you are not." Jesus said, "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." He is correct. You are wrong.

Three strikes. 666 You're out.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're absolutely right. They can check Scriptures.

But that doesn't change the fact your manner of talking is arrogant and condescending.

I've read one thing over the decades.

People that love to use the phrase doctrines of men are raising a red flag to others.

Yes there are tons false doctrine out there. And those who have some of the most the fastest use of doctrines of man.

Like here, instead of telling me why those doctrines are correct and mine are wrong you resort to personal attacks and clichés.

And again you elevated yourself.
Oh, I forgot to mention that you also have a problem of projecting your own behavior deficits on others, like "personal attacks."

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all just as true as the things that Satan says...mostly true, but with a little twist.

Let's look at it:

1. You say "Jesus was God incarnate, you are not." Jesus, prayed to the Father saying: "Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are." He is correct. You are wrong.

2. You say "Jesus was the Word incarnate, you are not." Jesus said of those given the Holy Spirit, "But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." He is correct. You are wrong.

3. You say "Jesus was perfect, you are not." Jesus said, "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." He is correct. You are wrong.

Three strikes. 666 You're out.

None of those verses say that you are God, nor that you are perfect of that you are the Word incarnate, so none of them prove what you are saying. And notice that you quote Jesus, who again; Is God, the Word Incarnate, and Perfect.

Are you honestly saying that you are God just like Christ was, and that you are the Word incarnate just like Christ was, and that you are Perfect just like Christ was?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those verses say that you are God, nor that you are perfect of that you are the Word incarnate, so none of them prove what you are saying. And notice that you quote Jesus, who again; Is God, the Word Incarnate, and Perfect.

Are you honestly saying that you are God just like Christ was, and that you are the Word incarnate just like Christ was, and that you are Perfect just like Christ was?
"You have said" (Matthew 27:11)...but I only quoted.