Romans 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but the truth is in Scriptures, and if you are using your truth instead of the objective truth then there is a problem.
Plus, I am skeptical about the truth being in one who will call his Christian brother a fool.
Then you are skeptical also of Jesus.

Matthew 23:19
Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets a bit tiring to see Calvinists constantly deny or try to misquote Romansos. So a little bit of a study here.

God knows what we think. God knows how we think. God knows what we want. God knows what we should have.

He helps us, guides us, teaches us and gives us what we need.

He does not preprogrammed us to think in a certain way on any topic.

He does it all for our benefit according to the will and plan of God.

And here that is reinforced. God works for the good of those who love.

Love requires free will to choose. A robot programmed to act and respond in certain ways cannot love. It just obeys.

Notice the love comes before the call.

Christ died for the sins of every human being that has or ever will live. But the sinner must accept that sacrifice of their own free will.

Those God foreknew would love him he predestined. Not God predestined some to love him.

And here's the biggie.

Those who would love him he predestined. Then he called them not he called them to be predestined.

Meaning gave them Then he justified them, meaning at this point they had repented and free will by grace and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

And of course, once born again, at the rapture we will all be glorified.

Nothing in this allows for Calvinistic predestination.

Nothing in all of creation can take us from God. OSAS.

That includes yourself. You are part of creation but nothing in all creation can take you from God's hand.

We have total free will in choosing or rejecting God. But if we choose God we become his servant, son of God and brother of Christ.

Nothing in the Bible teaches Calvinism or conditional salvation.

If you wish to argue against what I said, remember, you can't just post another verse claiming it says something else unless she can reconcile it with Romans 8.

"He does not preprogramed us to think in a certain way on any topic."
Amen. He gave us all different personalities for a reason.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All threads that are loaded with few words and many video always die.
This is a discussion Site..and people are here to discuss.

The lazy way of 'discussing' is to let some video do it for you!!

I don't come here to watch videos. I can do that on YouTube if I am inclined.

Bless you...H

Amen my sistah! I'm giggy wid it :D
You got that right! I want to connect spiritually with all of you, and some personally as well. Sending nothing but videos or way too many scriptures (studies on their owno_O) will have many, if not most just passing by said thread...IMHO ♥

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen my sistah! I'm giggy wid it :D
You got that right! I want to connect spiritually with all of you, and some personally as well. Sending nothing but videos or way too many scriptures (studies on their owno_O) will have many, if not most just passing by said thread...IMHO ♥
P.S. Remember HBE? :eek:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it. What did I say that indicates the Truth is not in me?
You make false accusations against me because I dare to ask you to quote scripture instead of putting your words in God's mouth.
I have been quoting Jesus and the Spirit all along and you do not recognize it. Even when I do use chapter, verse, and quotation marks, you speak against me, saying the words are mine and not from the scriptures. For which there is no need to prove it, for "you say so" (Luke 23:3) already.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been quoting Jesus and the Spirit all along and you do not recognize it. Even when I do use chapter, verse, and quotation marks, you speak against me, saying the words are mine and not from the scriptures. For which there is no need to prove it, for "you say so" (Luke 23:3) already.
No you haven't , that is a lie , Scott. You have not quoted by chapter and verse.
You just claim when ever you are speaking that you are speaking through the Holy Spirit. That is a common false prophets claim.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you haven't , that is a lie , Scott. You have not quoted by chapter and verse.
You just claim when ever you are speaking that you are speaking through the Holy Spirit. That is a common false prophets claim.
The proof is written here over 17 pages, which proof also makes you the liar, rather than me, as well as an accuser.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof is written here over 17 pages, which proof also makes you the liar, rather than me, as well as an accuser.
Ya well the proof is in this thread for anyone to look through. Your claim that "the proof is written here over 17 pages" -- as if you posted scripture over the 17 pages of this thread? that is false once again, there is a handful of your posts in the thread but you continued to refuse to ever quote chapter & verse , and like to act as if you speak for Jesus. That is self-delusion, lying and bearing false witness against me. bye Scott

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are skeptical also of Jesus.

Matthew 23:19
Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?

Jesus was talking to the unregenerate, not Christian brothers. And I think Jesus has a bit more justification for saying the things he did than you do. He was the perfect God incarnate. This is his world. He can say what He wants. Just because Jesus could do something does not give us the right. We must remember that we are creatures and he is the creator.

Reactions: tzcho2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was talking to the unregenerate, not Christian brothers. And I think Jesus has a bit more justification for saying the things he did than you do. He was the perfect God incarnate. This is his world. He can say what He wants. Just because Jesus could do something does not give us the right. We must remember that we are creatures and he is the creator.
You have it backwards. Jesus clarified that speaking against the son of man was forgivable, but not so against the Holy Spirit, which is the test of brotherhood during these times.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it backwards. Jesus clarified that speaking against the son of man was forgivable, but not so against the Holy Spirit, which is the test of brotherhood during these times.

And you are speaking against the fact that this brother does indeed have the Spirit living within, claiming that you have the truth and we do not. You are using the truth more like the Pharisees did than Jesus, which is dangerous ground to tread.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are speaking against the fact that this brother does indeed have the Spirit living within, claiming that you have the truth and we do not. You are using the truth more like the Pharisees did than Jesus, which is dangerous ground to tread.
Jesus said:

Luke 10:16
"He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.

and of these times...

John 10:16
"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice;"

...but when I have said the same words as Jesus, this one you call a "brother", does not know the words of Christ when he hears them. And you defend him with warnings of danger you yourself cannot perceive. To which I will say the same thing Jesus also said, "take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness."

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you sort of beat me to it because it came to mind that the words Jesus used were towards the behavior that @ScottA has exhibited on this forum and thread.

@ScottA your words aren't justified. You've been shown you don't use Scripture, and you don't, so instead of receiving correction you become juvenile and call names. Then you morph into some Messiah complex like you think you're actually Christ. Or something.

Why not become like Christ and apologize to @tzcho2 for your unwarranted words to him?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one you call a "brother", does not know the words of Christ when he hears them.

Your words aren't the words of Christ.

...I will say the same thing Jesus also said, "take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness."

It is quite clear that it is you who needs to heed the partial Scripture up above. Your behavior isn't like Christ, sorry, it's more like @ScottA.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It does not say that. It is not about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
Luke 10:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

New International Version (NIV)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone is to listen to the Holy Spirit that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Such a person cannot be saved if they do not listen.

Matthew 12:31 New International Version (NIV)
31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not use chapter and verse, nor quotation marks, but paraphrased the prophets. He is the standard. But I do the same by the same Spirit, and look who comes out against that same Spirit.

Thanks for stepping into the light where you are exposed.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not use chapter and verse, nor quotation marks, but paraphrased the prophets. He is the standard. But I do the same by the same Spirit, and look who comes out against that same Spirit.

Thanks for stepping into the light where you are exposed.
No you do not. You are not a prophet.