Romans 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never quote God's word, you merely give your own opinions. We want scripture to illustrate that what you say is what is IN the word of God , not just "spiritual beliefs" according to ScottA.
If you knew the word of God, you would know that I have been quoting it all along. But you also misunderstand: What I have said, I do not "believe", but know.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread seems to be ample proof of that, yes. I do find it somewhat ironic that when I completed the challenge issued, how quickly this thread seemed to die.

All threads that are loaded with few words and many video always die.
This is a discussion Site..and people are here to discuss.

The lazy way of 'discussing' is to let some video do it for you!!

I don't come here to watch videos. I can do that on YouTube if I am inclined.

Bless you...H

Reactions: Nancy and Mjh29

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew the word of God, you would know that I have been quoting it all along. But you also misunderstand: What I have said, I do not "believe", but know.
THIS, is how to quote scriptures:
2 Corinthians 11:14: "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

You just like to give your opinions of what scripture means to you and That is not quoting scripture.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All threads that are loaded with few words and many video always die.
This is a discussion Site..and people are here to discuss.
The lazy way of 'discussing' is to let some video do it for you!!
I don't come here to watch videos. I can do that on YouTube if I am inclined.
Bless you...H
I definitely disagree with your views on this. There is a lot of garbage teachers on youtube and that is the problem that some have been influenced by them. However, on the other hand, there are some excellent Christian apologists, theologians & Pastor's out there who have great credentials, who are Bible scholars and have spoken on these issues, and it is obvious when some Christians have been listening to false teachers or others on youtube who are misrepresenting Christian teachings.
Personally I think posting VIDEOS can be a very valuable teaching tool, it's thoughtful to pass on these helpful resources to others, and it stimulates discussion, some however won't bother to spend the time an listen --it is their loss. There are some Godly anointed individuals who are of great value to take the time to listen to.
If you are not into that then don't , but please don't try to discourage the practice of posting VIDEOS that MANY might benefit from watching.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I definitely disagree with your views on this. There is a lot of garbage teachers on youtube and that is the problem that some have been influenced by them. However, on the other hand, there are some excellent Christian apologists, theologians & Pastor's out there who have great credentials, who are Bible scholars and have spoken on these issues, and it is obvious when some Christians have been listening to false teachers or others on youtube who are misrepresenting Christian teachings.
Personally I think posting VIDEOS can be a very valuable teaching tool, it's thoughtful to pass on these helpful resources to others, and it stimulates discussion, some however won't bother to spend the time an listen --it is their loss. There are some Godly anointed individuals who are of great value to take the time to listen to.
If you are not into that then don't , but please don't try to discourage the practice of posting VIDEOS that MANY might benefit from watching.

Well we are all different eh.
If we weren't then God would have made every tree identical. And every flower too.
Different strokes etc....

Reactions: tzcho2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS, is how to quote scriptures:
2 Corinthians 11:14: "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

You just like to give your opinions of what scripture means to you and That is not quoting scripture.
That is not how Jesus, or Paul, or any of the apostles or prophets quoted scripture. Got a complaint? Tell them.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About videos of conservative Christian apologists....I can see that only the liberal or worldly watered down Christianity will have a voice on christian forums and those that hold to conservative Christian views gradually become less and less. Like the churches that want to increase membership by preaching to please people rather then the sometimes uncomfortable Biblical truth that authentic Christianity has stood for. Sad. Some interesting discussions on these topics could be had, but alas, I'm not allowed to post new thread.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not how Jesus, or Paul, or any of the apostles or prophets quoted scripture. Got a complaint? Tell them.
The Bible Does quote their words. Please stop comparing yourself to Jesus or Paul.
The BIBLE quotes their words, why don't you quote specific scripture when you make your statements? Quote the exact scripture instead of just paraphrasing your own opinions about them , so we can see what specific scripture you are referring? Or is it that you don't want your words to be compared closely with the scripture? I must assume the latter is the case. Why else give your interpretations and call That quoting scripture? because it's not.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About videos of conservative Christian apologists....I can see that only the liberal or worldly watered down Christianity will have a voice on christian forums and those that hold to conservative Christian views gradually become less and less. Like the churches that want to increase membership by preaching to please people rather then the sometimes uncomfortable Biblical truth that authentic Christianity has stood for. Sad. Some interesting discussions on these topics could be had, but alas, I'm not allowed to post new thread.
God will always have his remnant who won't bow the knee to Baal...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible Does quote their words. Please stop comparing yourself to Jesus or Paul.
The BIBLE quotes their words, why don't you quote specific scripture when you make your statements? Quote the exact scripture instead of just paraphrasing your own opinions about them , so we can see what specific scripture you are referring? Or is it that you don't want your words to be compared closely with the scripture? I must assume the latter is the case. Why else give your interpretations and call That quoting scripture? because it's not.
You fool, shall I also quote Jesus' response, saying that his actions declared who he was? If I do the same, and you have a problem with it - tell it to him.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fool, shall I also quote Jesus' response, that his actions declared who he was? If I do the same, and you have a problem with it - tell it to him.
No you don't , you write your own words.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Nothing against @ScottA but there is a vast amount of philosophizing and incoherent statements on this site that are being passed off as some sort of quasi-truth. That and people claiming things that are in Romans 8 that aren't in Romans 8.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Nothing against @ScottA but there is a vast amount of philosophizing and incoherent statements on this site that are being passed off as some sort of quasi-truth. That and people claiming things that are in Romans 8 that aren't in Romans 8.
Exactly. There is a distinction between quoting scripture and stating what you think it means or what I'm calling Scott on the just tossing in a couple of bible sounding words taken out of context and calling that quoting scripture.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not qualified to say. The truth is not in you.

No, but the truth is in Scriptures, and if you are using your truth instead of the objective truth then there is a problem.
Plus, I am skeptical about the truth being in one who will call his Christian brother a fool.