Romantic Love In Eternity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cristo Rei and @Joseph77 ....at this point your discussion is no longer about the Topic of the thread. Now I am not going to take action unless the OP complains since it is his thread. But I am going to ask you both to leave this thread with your discussion or get back on topic.
Thanks for understanding

Thx : )

Reactions: Joseph77

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77
You show me where i introduced

Topic is romantic love in heaven = Sex is an expression of romantic love
Angels = From heaven

See the connection??? Its clear to see

I thought it was interesting aside, actually. Joseph just wanting to turn it into a separate debate is what kinda derailed things.
He posts his mind. All of it, LoL.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it was interesting aside, actually. Joseph just wanting to turn it into a separate debate is what kinda derailed things.
He posts his mind. All of it, LoL.
Wrong.
Sorry.
That's not only not what we are supposed to do,
it is not what I do, and it is not why I posted (I say why I post in another/other/ posts)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read visions that describe how every believer has their own garden in Heaven, filled with only the kinds of flowers, herbs, plants and fruit trees that they like best, and that the Lord comes to us there in times when He needs to speak to us alone. Now does that not speak to us of intimacy or what? : )
Be cautious with the origins of those visions and writings like that -
many have already been debunked, exposed as on purpose frauds for selling books and movies.

Maybe not all of them - but many are new age-sh... so be cautious, as always, and test everything by Scripture.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May sound crazy but considering your topic ...He is more than a lover.

Wonderful song. Imagine telling Tim McGraw there will never be anything close to it in Heaven. There they all just shake hands and say "love you like a brother in the Lord," LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(copying and moving to another thread, God Willing) >>>
="Hidden In Him, ]
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling (συμπαθής) of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:14-15)

This second is talking about our Lord having compassion upon us, being touched with feelings over our struggles where sin is concerned.[/QUOTE

QUOTE="Hidden In Him, ]For you had compassion (συμπαθής) of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. (Hebrews 10:33-34)[/QUOTE
----------------------------------

Please write "moved" on this, Joseph.
It's unintelligible.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be cautious with the origins of those visions and writings like that -
many have already been debunked, exposed as on purpose frauds for selling books and movies.

Maybe not all of them - but many are new age-sh... so be cautious, as always, and test everything by Scripture.

I understand. Not everyone believes in them, so it is not the strongest evidence to post in support of a position. But that was something I was just sharing with her personally, because it is something I very much do believe in. I accept when I have a difference of opinion with someone on it, however.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful song. Imagine telling Tim McGraw there will never be anything close to it in Heaven. There they all just shake hands and say "love you like a brother in the Lord," LoL.
To be seen.... maybe followed up in another time, another thread.... be cautious....

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the sons of God procreated they did so outside the will of God. I'm assuming you realize that, yes?

Unless im missing something (which i could be) I think that is possible but not definite.
It doesn't directly say that does it? Their referred to as heroes of old, men of renown

But for argument sake i'll assume that it was done out side of Gods will
Did they only obtain the ability to have sex outside of God's will? How would that work?
Or did they already have the capability but defied God by cross breeding on earth?

If they were able to have sex on earth, against God's will or not, then wouldn't they of always had that ability in heaven as well?

Look, im not saying this is fact or truth, im only speculating on probabilities.
And for me i see a case that makes romantic love possible in heaven

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever is born of flesh, is flesh, and profits nothing.

As written, when we are raised, it is in a spiritual body, not our old fleshly one,...

All the sinful passions and desires of the flesh will not be there,
and
actually can be and are supposed to be "I have been (already) CRUCIFIED with Christ" -
all the desires and affections of the flesh go byby....

What God Gives in New Creations, today on earth already, is Godly and right and true.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless im missing something (which i could be) I think that is possible but not definite.
It doesn't directly say that does it? Their referred to as heroes of old, men of renown

It says that because the giants performed great feats, slaying "dragons" and such. Those who believe in the young earth believe dinosaurs were alive and well during the antediluvian period.
Did they only obtain the ability to have sex outside of God's will? How would that work?
Or did they already have the capability but defied God by cross breeding on earth?

Angels can take whatever forms they wish, and can manifest in full human form if they so desire. But it was against God's will for them to take human wives or procreate. You can read about it more in the Book of Enoch, especially Chapter 6 onward.
Look, im not saying this is fact or truth, im only speculating on probabilities.

If you mean sexually romantic, if only. But unless there is something planned down the road other than what He is telling us, it does not appear that will be the case.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angels can take whatever forms they wish, and can manifest in full human form if they so desire.

Yea, they can, like the angels that saved Lot... Well that decreases the probability of sex in heaven I think

But it was against God's will for them to take human wives or procreate. You can read about it more in the Book of Enoch, especially Chapter 6 onward.

Oh ok, cos i couldn't see that in the bible. I had been thinking about starting a thread about the Nephalim.
I might try get my hands on the book of Enoch and any other non-biblical texts of the Nephilim, Annunukai or any other giants

If you mean sexually romantic

Oh, is there another type of romance, like flowers and fine wine. But it ends up in the bedroom from my limited experience.
So were u even talking sexual at all? I thought sexual is what u meant by romantic.
Just looking at definitions of romantic and their very broad

"a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love"
"relating to love or a close loving relationship:"

Does that mean i can be romantic with my sister or mother... No way... Romance is only between couples, right?
Im confused now... What is romance... Ask 10 guys, how many will include sex? Then ask 10 girls... im guessing some different ideas of romance would be presented

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, is there another type of romance, like flowers and fine wine. But it ends up in the bedroom from my limited experience.

In the flesh it often does, yes. But what I was saying goes back the sublimation I was talking about in Post #176.
Does that mean i can be romantic with my sister or mother... No way... Romance is only between couples, right?

These types of relationships are set in a type of cast from birth, and therefore are not formed by attraction but force of circumstance. They often develop a great love for one another, yes, but romantically? No. Most often not. But I found the following online just a second ago, in response to "Is it normal that brother and sister get attracted to each other?" The last line is what I find revealing:

It happens... Not to every brother and sister, but to some.

There is a psychological phenomenon called the Westermarck Effect that ordinarily discourages such attraction and makes it seem “icky.” If the brother and sister have not grown up with each other, they will never have developed Westermarck and they may have a strong attraction to each other when they meet. This is popularly known as “Genetic Sexual Attraction,” and was first made public by Barbara Gonyo in her book about her one-sided GSA with her son.

For other brothers and sisters who were not separated in childhood, Westermarck may never have developed, or it might have been dissolved by any number of circumstances. Social isolation or social trauma can do it. In one notable case, the sister attempted suicide, the brother saved her life and nursed her back to health, and they fell in love. There are many others.
Is it normal that brother and sister gets attracted to each other? - Quora

I'm not proposing a favorable attitude towards incest by quoting this. The Mosaic law was fairly clear on this as I recall (I'd have to look). But then again, the sons of Adam and Eve were all siblings and populated the earth by marriage to one another. But the point I was driving at, and have been throughout this thread, is that saving one another from terrible and painful circumstances such as suicidal situations or the depths of despair can do strange things to people. You know you are truly loved by someone, and in a way that no one ever showed you before, and that depth of love and compassion, longing to be reciprocated, can break right through social norms on occasion. As for Christians, it should ultimately be the kind of love they demonstrate towards one another, for as is stated, "Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his friends."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the OP, or anyone else, DEFINE "romantic love"

as meant by the OP,
by men,
by society,
by the flesh,
or by anyone else ?

I saw some various renderings from Scripture of the different words for Love in Scripture, yes....

just wondering if this was specifically posted - the definition of "romantic love" , AND it's source? (flesh, or spirit, good or bad spirit , carnal ) ?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the flesh it often does, yes. But what I was saying goes back the sublimation I was talking about in Post #176.

These types of relationships are set in a type of cast from birth, and therefore are not formed by attraction but force of circumstance. They often develop a great love for one another, yes, but romantically? No. Most often not. But I found the following online just a second ago, in response to "Is it normal that brother and sister get attracted to each other?" The last line is what I find revealing:

It happens... Not to every brother and sister, but to some.

There is a psychological phenomenon called the Westermarck Effect that ordinarily discourages such attraction and makes it seem “icky.” If the brother and sister have not grown up with each other, they will never have developed Westermarck and they may have a strong attraction to each other when they meet. This is popularly known as “Genetic Sexual Attraction,” and was first made public by Barbara Gonyo in her book about her one-sided GSA with her son.

For other brothers and sisters who were not separated in childhood, Westermarck may never have developed, or it might have been dissolved by any number of circumstances. Social isolation or social trauma can do it. In one notable case, the sister attempted suicide, the brother saved her life and nursed her back to health, and they fell in love. There are many others.
Is it normal that brother and sister gets attracted to each other? - Quora

I'm not proposing a favorable attitude towards incest by quoting this. The Mosaic law was fairly clear on this as I recall (I'd have to look). But then again, the sons of Adam and Eve were all siblings and populated the earth by marriage to one another. But the point I was driving at, and have been throughout this thread, is that saving one another from terrible and painful circumstances such as suicidal situations or the depths of despair can do strange things to people. You know you are truly loved by someone, and in a way that no one ever showed you before, and that depth of love and compassion, longing to be reciprocated, can break right through social norms on occasion. As for Christians, it should ultimately be the kind of love they demonstrate towards one another, for as is stated, "Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his friends."

I didn't know. I didn't.... I would of tried strait away if i did... I could of helped him see things from a different perspective, i could of saved him but i didn't even know. One second all normal, next second my cousin is gone, walked off a high rise car park... I know the thought process ive gone through it, i had a suicide plan long time ago before i replaced it with God... Daniel would of listened to me, i had some words that would of made him reconsider...But i didn't know and now i don't know where his soul is, if he even considered God or the pain he left for his family...

Sorry, im not sure u even knew about my cuz, i spoke about him in a thread i made... Anyway when i read this part
saving one another from terrible and painful circumstances such as suicidal situations or the depths of despair can do strange things to people. You know you are truly loved by someone, and in a way that no one ever showed you before, and that depth of love and compassion, longing to be reciprocated, can break right through social norms on occasion
I just had such a rush of mixed emotions and started crying. I was going to delete it but why cover up despair. Its written now it stays. loL

That was interesting about the brother and sister, the Westermarck Effect, i know it, "eewwww"
Adam and Eve incest. Well thats a whole other can of worms, i'll keep that one closed in here.

As for post #176, im not going to act smart here. The terms "platonic" and "sublimation" are the latest additions to my vocab and i don't have time to get a better understanding of them ATM. I know the the meaning of romance is much more complicated than i thought... Things always seem to look simple to me at first until i dig in to find its own complexities... For me its fun to contemplate such things but i nearly always come back to this kind of safe spot on many things... "I don't know for sure"

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know. I didn't.... I would of tried strait away if i did... I could of helped him see things from a different perspective, i could of saved him but i didn't even know. One second all normal, next second my cousin is gone, walked off a high rise car park... I know the thought process ive gone through it, i had a suicide plan long time ago before i replaced it with God... Daniel would of listened to me, i had some words that would of made him reconsider...But i didn't know and now i don't know where his soul is, if he even considered God or the pain he left for his family...

Sorry, im not sure u even knew about my cuz, i spoke about him in a thread i made... Anyway when i read this part
saving one another from terrible and painful circumstances such as suicidal situations or the depths of despair can do strange things to people. You know you are truly loved by someone, and in a way that no one ever showed you before, and that depth of love and compassion, longing to be reciprocated, can break right through social norms on occasion

Yes sir. I had read it. And I think it's because maybe we are not encouraged to love a little more deeply that we miss opportunities to help those who are deeply hurting. In the months before my father's death, I kept getting a leading to call him just before going to sleep, but I would look at the clock and it would be past his bedtime for his time zone, so I kept thinking, "tomorrow, when it is earlier." Then I would forget. I came to find out after he died that those late night hours were the only time I would have been able to reach him, because he was never in his room except at bedtime. I should have listened to the Spirit's leading, because I never got to be there for my father either, and I don't know where he is now myself.

All I can tell you is to let it draw you closer to Him, so that you don't miss any more opportunities for the rest of your family. I'm sorry to hear about it. Try not to let sorrow ever overcome you; the scripture says that is not His will for us.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If they were able to have sex on earth, against God's will or not, then wouldn't they of always had that ability in heaven as well?

I believe that the so-called angels you are referring to are the fallen angels, followers of satan, demons. The ones that fell from heaven with him,

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the so-called angels you are referring to are the fallen angels, followers of satan, demons. The ones that fell from heaven with him,
That's a myth being referred to - a story made up to confuse and to deceive away from the truth.
The angels that fell are doomed, yes, and always lie. Always.
But they never reproduce at all - not after their own kind, and as God says they cannot reproduce at all after some other kind like humans.