Romantic Love In Eternity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Giuliano.

The point I'm trying to make is that many on this thread seem to be dangerously close to breaking the First Commandment...

Mark 12:30
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment"

In other words, they love the things of this World more than God.
How Matthew phrases the second commandment is interesting: "like unto it."

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

How is the second commandment like the first? Our fellow man is made in the image and likeness of God -- even if that is hard to see at times. It is easier to see when we see someone expressing love for others. For me, that is a person behaving in a godlike way -- it can even be said God acting in that person.

The more godlike someone else is, the easier it is to love him or her more fully. Thus romantic love that becomes marital love can lead to both people becoming more godlike. Marriage is an opportunity to become more like God and to let the Spirit manifest.

The two commandments are very much alike. Sometimes they are so much alike, I don't know where one leaves off and the other begins. If we love God, we have to love other people; and if we love other people, it means we are loving God to the extent we are loving others.

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Reactions: amadeus

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a serious question: To what extent do you think romantic love will still exist in Heaven after the resurrection of the dead? By romantic, I do not mean sexually romantic. The scripture attests that there will apparently be no sexuality in eternity:

“Jesus answered and said unto them, 'Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.'” (Matt. 22:23–30.)

But I mean, surely there will be those we have the fondest feelings for, and we will at least be given back our youth. What of married couples who were very romantic with each other in this life and had a very deep and abiding love? Will they somehow have to suppress these feelings for each other in Heaven? If not, how will they be allowed to express such feelings? Will kissing still be allowed? Will affection on a level that would be considered only fitting for in private still take place?

I'm asking for opinions, but they would have to be based on reason. The scripture says nothing about this, other than the Song of Solomon discussing the romantic love the Lord will have for His church. But does that mean we will not be allowed to love each other the same way?

Blessings in Christ to any who respond.
- H

That is though provoking...

First i want define love into two categories.
The first is sexual or romantic and the second is non-sexual love that you have for your kids, parents, siblings, friends, etc.

So in heaven there must surely be non-sexual love, right... Loving each other is second only to loving God.
So the first thing i will want to do after hugging God wil be to give my mum a big hug and kiss... -xoxo-

In regards to sex i thought to myself that there would probably be no need for procreation in Heaven.
Perhaps we won't have that innate desire to make love. I imagine this would be kind of awkward with your earth partner.

But then a certain passage from the bible came to me...

Genesis 6:1-4
When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

This is an interesting passage in many ways. I've recently been thinking about the Nephilim.
But in here we have evidence that the sons of God had sex with the females on earth...

So my conclusion will start off as it typically does with most things, im not certain if we will have romantic love in heaven.
I think the probability of it is very high but with this passage above, say, 85%...

Reactions: pompadour and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is though provoking...

First i want define love into two categories.
The first is sexual or romantic and the second is non-sexual love that you have for your kids, parents, siblings, friends, etc.

So in heaven there must surely be non-sexual love, right... Loving each other is second only to loving God.
So the first thing i will want to do after hugging God wil be to give my mum a big hug and kiss... -xoxo-

In regards to sex i thought to myself that there would probably be no need for procreation in Heaven.
Perhaps we won't have that innate desire to make love. I imagine this would be kind of awkward with your earth partner.

But then a certain passage from the bible came to me...

Genesis 6:1-4
When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

This is an interesting passage in many ways. I've recently been thinking about the Nephilim.
But in here we have evidence that the sons of God had sex with the females on earth...

So my conclusion will start off as it typically does with most things, im not certain if we will have romantic love in heaven.
I think the probability of it is very high but with this passage above, say, 85%...

I have to wonder if the Nephilim, while in heaven had no human emotions? And, when they were cast out, they lost all that came with it so, perhaps they gained the human ways of thinking and doing things...along with the cravings and such.
Just a thought.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to wonder if the Nephilim, while in heaven had no human emotions? And, when they were cast out, they lost all that came with it so, perhaps they gained the human ways of thinking and doing things...along with the cravings and such.
Just a thought.
THe angels never had sex with women - they never TOOK WIVES on earth (married nor given in marriage, nor dwelt with).
They are not "the same kind", and as

God says every kind (that can reproduce) reproduces after IT'S OWN KIND.

The myth of angels having sex with women started in babylon or catholicism, centuries ago, to deceive people,
and it has deceived billions.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Base12, post: 796496, member: 8477"]Thanks Giuliano.

The point I'm trying to make is that many on this thread seem to be dangerously close to breaking the First Commandment...

Mark 12:30
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment"

In other words, they love the things of this World more than God.[/QUOTE
==================================================
Most of all the world.... nothing restricted to any post, thread, forum, site, or the internet.

Two thirds at some time totally refuse to stop (to repent) of worshiping demons! So they are not ever forgiven.

Is it not written somewhere in the NT - SAVE YOURSELF from this wicked generation ?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THe angels never had sex with women - they never TOOK WIVES on earth (married nor given in marriage, nor dwelt with).

The myth of angels having sex with women started in babylon or catholicism, centuries ago, to deceive people,

Are you saying that passage of the bible is false? Why?
The book of Genesis was written by Moses long before Catholicism.
I think the Nephilim are also mentioned in other ancient texts, Babylon perhaps.
But what makes you so convinced that this part of Genesis that Moses wrote is false?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you aware how much (almost all) of the traditions endorsed, practices, taught, and preached by rome is false ?

Oh mate don't start this again pls, i asked a simple question.
How do u know that Moses was dishonest while writing about the Nephilim?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do u know that Moses was dishonest while writing about the Nephilim?
Moses wrote as Yhvh spoke/ directed.

Many centuries later, men changed the meaning of what Moses wrote,
about many things, not just the neph.....

What is false is more popular than the truth, by far.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No it didn't....it is in scripture..
Jude 1: 5-7
5. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Moses wrote as Yhvh spoke/ directed.

Many centuries later, men changed the meaning of what Moses wrote,
about many things, not just the neph.....

What is false is more popular than the truth, by far.

So ur saying there are more falsehoods than truths in the book of Genesis?

Then how would u know which parts are true and which parts are false?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it didn't....it is in scripture..
Did you read the chapter you quoted from ?
It does not ever say anything ever about angels having sex with women.
1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,

To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for[a] Jesus Christ:

2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's Word is Truth, Always.
Corrupt men corrupt the message , always.

Your not making any sense and still haven't answered my question as to how u know which parts of Genesis are false and which parts are true...

Don't worry about... Im goin to bed

Reactions: pompadour

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not making any sense and still haven't answered my question as to how u know which parts of Genesis are false and which parts are true...

Don't worry about... Im goin to bed
Yes I did. ALL of ALL of Bereshit, Genesis, and ALL SCRIPTURE is truth.

What you posted about it is false.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Bible does not say "in a similar way"
Did you read the chapter you quoted from ?
It does not ever say anything ever about angels having sex with women.
1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,

To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for[a] Jesus Christ:

2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
In Genesis 6 who do you think the scripture was referring to?
Genesis 6
6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of MEN that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

So sons of God and daughters of men....very distinct difference.

Reactions: pompadour

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Genesis 6 who do you think the scripture was referring to?
I will for now defer to the various true studies in line with Scripture found elsewhere

where true men of God show clearly that even the idea of angels taking wives on earth (I don't remember if anyone ever claims they married and lived with wives) ...
and having children by women, since it is not only un-natural, it is not in line with God's Word that God Says EVERYTHING reproduces after its own kind ....
so even the mere idea
of violating God's Word is abominable....
and when the source (centuries ago)
is revealed (soon?) , this is clearly seen as not from God at all.