Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Mjrhealth, Jesus and Simon were sitting in Simon's house when Jesus told him that parable...yes?
Someone else was in the room with them...someone rather important...someone who was the reason for the parable in the first place.
Who was that person, Mj?
And what was that person doing?
Can you tell me?

Yes

Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Guess what , according to the bible she never even asked, read it.

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

What saved her, her works of the law, no but her faith. As it says the just shall live by faith.You have so much truth yet as it says,

Its not what a man speaks that defiles a man but what comes out of his mouth.

And still you and pm lay the law, a stumbling block before man.How can you say you are of the spirit when you always turn back to the law. Have you not tasted of the new wine that you still prefer the old, have you not received His seed , the Holy Spirit, who bears life in men and therefore become married to Him or is it you prefer to another woman's husband the law who was never promised to you, is it not a sin to have two husbands.???

In all His Love
"It's not what a man speaks that defiles a man, but what comes out of his mouth"???? Could you run that by me again, please?

And while you are at it, could you tell me what sin actually is, and what it is that we need to be cleansed from?

Perhaps I've misunderstood the scriptures. Enlighten me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who was she, Mjhealth?
And what was she doing?
She was a hooker, Made you feel good and puffed up didnt it.

dont you know that. Why are you so hung up on sexual sin. Why is it you spend so much time condemning people and pointing out there sin instead of loving people, the sinners ran to Jesus because He loved them,

remember the women at the well, the one with 5 husbands.,

why did she return back to Him, no condemnation , she saw in Him something that made her bring her friends,, havnt you ever wondered why people run from christians. Always condemnation never love.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

dont you know that. Why are you so hung up on sexual sin. Why is it you spend so much time condemning people and pointing out there sin instead of loving people, the sinners ran to Jesus because He loved them,

why did she return back to Him, no condemnation , she saw in Him something that made her bring her friends,, havnt you ever wondered why people run from christians. Always condemnation never love.

In all His Love
A "hooker"?
What a world we live in!

And what was she doing? That's kinda the important part. What was she doing, Mj?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Luke 10:18-20 NIV He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
It took me a minute to remember what you are referring to here...then it dawned on me.
When I met you, you were staunchly defending homosexuals who had the audacity to parade their sinful lifestyle within God's Own Church.
Yes, and I did tell you that God had said that gay sex was an abomination, and that such would not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

I still suspect that you might be gay yourself. You never would say, one way or the other. But it doesn't matter. Simply endorsing it...letting people think that it's okay with God, when God has condemned it (notice, not The Barrd has condemned it, but GOD has condemned it)...that alone is a sin in itself. You do not have the authority to tell anyone that there sins are okay with God...no one has that authority.

The lady we are talking about here is not parading her sin...she has repented and been forgiven. Since you do not want to talk about what she is doing, she is on her knees at Jesus' feet...where all of us sinners belong...and she is washing those precious feet with the tears flowing freely from her eyes, and drying them with her hair. A beautiful and very touching scene....one that makes me weep as well.

I think we can safely say that she will not be "hooking" tomorrow...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And while you are at it, could you tell me what sin actually is, and what it is that we need to be cleansed from?
Oh she was washing His feet, worshiping Him and loving Him the only way she knew, was Jesus offended, no but the pharisees where as always. What did He forgive her of, SIN by what? FAITH. you faith has made you whole.

Yes no love, all you see is the bad never the good. all you see is the sin, all you seek to do is condemn, as that is all the LAW ever did.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Luke 10:18-20 NIV He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
Are you a snake handler? Just curious...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Oh she was washing His feet, worshiping Him and loving Him the only way she knew, was Jesus offended, no but the pharisees where as always. What did He forgive her of, SIN by what? FAITH. you faith has made you whole.

Yes no love, all you see is the bad never the good. all you see is the sin, all you seek to do is condemn, as that is all the LAW ever did.

In all His Love
As usual, you did not answer my question...
What is sin, Mj?
What is it we are being cleansed from?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
"The only way she knew"? It is one of the most beautiful and touching scenes in the Bible.

The point is...she RESPONDED to Jesus love. She didn't just accept His grace as if it were something owed to her...she recognized it as the glorious gift that it is.

It seems to me that too many have lost that deep sense of gratitude. They seem to take their salvation for granted...even to thinking that they may continue to sin, and not even have to repent...
It is positively shameful.

We all belong at his feet, the way this lovely woman was. Every sinful one of us.

And Mj...we would not know what sin was, if not for the law. Is it the law that condemns us...or is it our inability to keep it that condemns us? Why is it that we needed God to come to us as a man, and keep that law perfectly for us, and then die in our place? Is it not because we can not do it for ourselves?

It is not love to tell a sinner that his or her sins are just fine and dandy with God...any more than it would be love to tuck the baby in her bed before leaving a burning house.
No...we wake the child up, and get her out...don't we? In the same way, we cry a warning to those who are lost in their sin....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Are you a snake handler? Just curious...
Do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.

Phil 4:3 NIV Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Heb 12:22-24 NIV But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Rev 3:5 NIV The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Rev 13:8 NIV All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Rev 17:8 NIV The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Rev 20:12-15 NIV And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:27 NIV Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it the law that condemns us...or is it our inability to keep it that condemns us?
HYavnt you read.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Do you not walk after the spirit,

Gal_3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Or as I posted previously, Are you married to Christ yet sleeping with another womens husband, the law. And you speak of sexual sin.

IYou see a sinner Chrits saw a women in need of a saviuor, and yes she responded to His LOVE, not finger pointing from Him whaich is the very forst comment from you,

All you see is a sinner just liek the pharrisees forever qusetioning Christ for sitting with them.

As for this comment

I still suspect that you might be gay yourself. You never would say, one way or the other.
It proves to all here where your heart is at. Condemning simply because you nend a finger to point at someone, to raise yourself up on a pedestal, to beat you chest and say,

God I am not like all these othe rsinners",

But it is the law that condmens you, because you choose not the spirit. or love.

In all His Love

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
James 2 20 and 24....faith without works is DEAD, and made is not made righteous by faith alone, but by works also.....
Paul in Romans says justification before God comes from hearing and DOING the law...
and Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

Remember always salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HTE your flogging a dead horse. Have you too chosen to be the wife of two husbands, have you too chosen to be unfaithfull to Christ by taking another husband never promised to you. If you think keeping the law has any bearing on your salvation than you have not faith unto salvation.

As Jesus said If we Love than we are His disciples.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
HTE your flogging a dead horse. Have you too chosen to be the wife of two husbands, have you too chosen to be unfaithfull to Christ by taking another husband never promised to you. If you think keeping the law has any bearing on your salvation than you have not faith unto salvation.

As Jesus said If we Love than we are His disciples.

In all His Love
It is stuff like this that tells me I hit a nerve.
You have absolutely no reason to attack Heretoeternity. His remark was not specifically addressed to you, and had absolutely nothing to do with you personally.
I am the one who had the conversation with you about homosexuality....Heretoeternity had nothing at all to do with it.
Heretoeternity's comment lists verses from the Bible.
It is one thing for you to fight against me....I'm nobody.
But do you wish to be found fighting even against God?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Well no, being lost or found is determined on accepting the free gift of salvation.
The acceptance of the free gift of salvation can never be accomplished by the dead faith of OSAS because it relegates obedience to the wastebasket as a non-essential component of salvation. True faith which is living faith that is evidenced by obedience through the power of the indwelling Jesus, is the only faith which can obtain eternal life. Your dead faith will leave you hopeless in the Day of Judgment unless you give up this counterfeit gospel which claims dead faith can obtain that which can be obtained only by living faith: eternal life.

1. The false teachers of 2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV "escaped the pollutions of this world", which means they found freedom in the spotless truth of Jesus, Who is is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners". Your idea of a "spiritual Switzerland" does not exist.
  2. The "washed sow" is a symbol which any blind man can see represents the "cleansing blood of Jesus" of which these teachers had partaken, but turned away through sin and unbelief and will suffer a worse fate than if they had never made the decision to follow Christ.
  3. The Unmerciful Servant was condemned again after he was forgiven and Christians who do as he did will be condemned again for the same. Throw out your corrupted Bible which is based on the satanically flawed "Critical Text" and read one based on the Textus Receptus, which reads, "There is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1 KJV
  4. Unless we abide in the Vine, we will become a withered branch on the ground and be cast into the fire.
  5. Those of Hebrews 6:1-6 KJV who:
  • "were made partakers of the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
  • "which God gives to them that obey Him" (Acts 5:32 KJV)
  • which obedience can only be accomplished by the saved for "the carnal mind...is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:7 KJV)
but turned away from the free gift of their salvation will not be renewed again unto repentance, but will be eternally lost.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
HYavnt you read.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Do you not walk after the spirit,

Gal_3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Or as I posted previously, Are you married to Christ yet sleeping with another womens husband, the law. And you speak of sexual sin.

IYou see a sinner Chrits saw a women in need of a saviuor, and yes she responded to His LOVE, not finger pointing from Him whaich is the very forst comment from you,

All you see is a sinner just liek the pharrisees forever qusetioning Christ for sitting with them.
Obviously you missed my earlier post to you.
I will repeat it for you:

(We were discussing the woman who threw herself at Jesus' feet while He sat at the table with Simon, and washed His feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. You had accused me of "puffing myself up" at her expense, as I recall. Nothing could be further from the truth.)

"The only way she knew"? It is one of the most beautiful and touching scenes in the Bible.

The point is...she RESPONDED to Jesus love. She didn't just accept His grace as if it were something owed to her...she recognized it as the glorious gift that it is.

It seems to me that too many have lost that deep sense of gratitude. They seem to take their salvation for granted...even to thinking that they may continue to sin, and not even have to repent...
It is positively shameful.

We all belong at his feet, the way this lovely woman was. Every sinful one of us.

And Mj...we would not know what sin was, if not for the law. Is it the law that condemns us...or is it our inability to keep it that condemns us? Why is it that we needed God to come to us as a man, and keep that law perfectly for us, and then die in our place? Is it not because we can not do it for ourselves?

It is not love to tell a sinner that his or her sins are just fine and dandy with God...any more than it would be love to tuck the baby in her bed before leaving a burning house.
No...we wake the child up, and get her out...don't we? In the same way, we cry a warning to those who are lost in their sin....

mjrhealth said:

As for this comment

It proves to all here where your heart is at. Condemning simply because you nend a finger to point at someone, to raise yourself up on a pedestal, to beat you chest and say,

God I am not like all these othe rsinners",

But it is the law that condmens you, because you choose not the spirit. or love.

In all His Love
What amazes me about you is how you can fill a post with poison...like your post above addressed to Heretoeternity, or this one addressed to me...and then sign off "In all His Love".
It is this arrogance...this rudeness that I see in OSAS believers that convinces me that it is a Devil's lie. Only Satan himself could foster this kind of hypocrisy...and of course, you are blind to it.
Do you judge me? Your judgment means nothing...less than nothing. I've been to God's woodshed...I've had my whipping...and i told you about it. I told you long ago about my own sin...I even gave you personal details, not that it is any of your business or anyone else's, any more than your sin is any of mine....but I am not hiding the fact that I am a sinner....the way some people seem to think that they are. Not that it matters...nobody can hide their sin from God.

Anyway, once again, you seem to have missed my post to you. Once again, I will repeat it for you.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Phoneman777 said:
The acceptance of the free gift of salvation can never be accomplished by the dead faith of OSAS because it relegates obedience to the wastebasket as a non-essential component of salvation. True faith which is living faith that is evidenced by obedience through the power of the indwelling Jesus, is the only faith which can obtain eternal life. Your dead faith will leave you hopeless in the Day of Judgment unless you give up this counterfeit gospel which claims dead faith can obtain that which can be obtained only by living faith: eternal life.

1. The false teachers of 2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV "escaped the pollutions of this world", which means they found freedom in the spotless truth of Jesus, Who is is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners". Your idea of a "spiritual Switzerland" does not exist.
  2. The "washed sow" is a symbol which any blind man can see represents the "cleansing blood of Jesus" of which these teachers had partaken, but turned away through sin and unbelief and will suffer a worse fate than if they had never made the decision to follow Christ.
  3. The Unmerciful Servant was condemned again after he was forgiven and Christians who do as he did will be condemned again for the same. Throw out your corrupted Bible which is based on the satanically flawed "Critical Text" and read one based on the Textus Receptus, which reads, "There is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1 KJV
  4. Unless we abide in the Vine, we will become a withered branch on the ground and be cast into the fire.
  5. Those of Hebrews 6:1-6 KJV who:
  • "were made partakers of the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
  • "which God gives to them that obey Him" (Acts 5:32 KJV)
  • which obedience can only be accomplished by the saved for "the carnal mind...is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:7 KJV)
but turned away from the free gift of their salvation will not be renewed again unto repentance, but will be eternally lost.
A bright and happy Good Morning to you, PM!
May your shield be strong, and your sword sharp this day!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved, Always Saved. If I sincerely recite the sinner's prayer but later on decide to depart from obedience to Jesus, I can still go to heaven.

I am free to rape as many people as often as I like and still go to heaven.
I am free to kill as many people as often as I like and still go to heaven.
I am free to worship Lucifer as god and still go to heaven.
I am free to daily slice open the abdomens of living newborn babies, rip out their hearts, eat of them while engaging in the most perverse sexual acts as part of his ritualistic worship, and still go to heaven.
I am free to fully give my mind over to total control of Lucifer and his demons to be used by him in devising the most vile, reprehensible, unspeakable forms of human degradation possible, and still go to heaven.

(Yes, Christians actually not only believe this nonsense, but actively defend it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.