Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
heretoeternity said:
Even satan and his demons believe.James 2...so you are in bad company if you only ":believe"....it is doers of God's law that counts as Paul pointed out in Romans...also "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law"....

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines, denominations and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.
Once you believe you have eternal life. What are we believing it hereto.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

We always have the opyion to turn away from God, and than it is us who deny Him, He will never turn His back on anyone.

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

We always have the opyion to turn away from God, and than it is us who deny Him, He will never turn His back on anyone.

In all His Love
And if you exercise that option, Mj?
If you turn your back on Christ...will you still go to Heaven?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Have you heard the parable of the Prodigal Son?
Your faith can be weakened, but you will never stop believing.

Your faith can be weakened, especially by false teachers with corrupt doctrines.

Thank the Lord you're not one of them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you turn your back on Christ...will you still go to Heaven?
According to teh bible no. But I do know why God knwing what man would do, allowed man to fall so far, and I also know this,

Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

God has bigger shoulders than men give Him credit for, they deny the power of Christs resurrection into life, teh deny the power of God into salvation and spend their whole lives trying to help God save them. How that works I do not know. Than again I beleieve in God and His love which men seem to beliitle all to there own demise. Christ gave us so much at His resurrection yet most dont have a clue what he gave us, why, because they wont take things to God. Revelation, John wrote a whole book, based on just that.

In all His Love

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Fleeing from sin and being forgiven of sin are not the same Phone. I pray that you are covered in the blood of Christ. - Shalom
ATP, you don't seem to understand that a person is either actively walking with God or is walking with Satan. Their is no "spiritual Switzerland".
Until a lost person makes the decision to turn around and walk toward Christ they are lost, even while in the valley of decision.

Therefore, since the people of 2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV "turned from the holy commandment", we can only understand that they turned from walking toward the truth as is in Jesus and will be lost.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
According to teh bible no. But I do know why God knwing what man would do, allowed man to fall so far, and I also know this,

Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

God has bigger shoulders than men give Him credit for, they deny the power of Christs resurrection into life, teh deny the power of God into salvation and spend their whole lives trying to help God save them. How that works I do not know. Than again I beleieve in God and His love which men seem to beliitle all to there own demise. Christ gave us so much at His resurrection yet most dont have a clue what he gave us, why, because they wont take things to God. Revelation, John wrote a whole book, based on just that.

In all His Love
The Unmerciful Servant was forgiven of his debt, but through disobedience the debt was once again placed upon him, and I thank God for this parable which destroys the false idea of OSAS which is used to excuse Sabbath breaking.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Once you believe you have eternal life. What are we believing it hereto.
The devils once believed they had eternal life, and now they are lost, so what's your point? Are you saying that humans can't be lost after they believe they have eternal life? You make God a most unfair, unjust Judge by imposing different consequences for the common rebellion of demons and humans.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Yes I was washed clean through His blood. Those people in 2 Peter 2 were not washed by His blood Barrd.
It says that they "escaped pollutions" and that they are like a "washed sow". The symbolism of a sow washed with water is the reality of a man washed in the blood, bro. How much plainer does God have to be before you admit that these people were "cleansed"?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false idea of OSAS immediately dies a painful death with the mention of one word: "abide". Jesus said we are saved only if we continue to abide with Him. The Greek word "Meno" means "to not depart".

Do you understand, all you who are deceived by OSAS? It means "to not depart".

Therefore, those who "depart" from Jesus will be lost. Checkmate, OSAS, you doctrine of hell, now go die the death you deserve.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
Yes, I remember that scene, where Jesus talks to Simon about the two debtors.
Did you happen to look down at Jesus' feet?
What was going on, as Jesus told Simon this parable?
(hint: There was someone else in the room. Who was it, and what were they doing?)

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Until a lost person makes the decision to turn around and walk toward Christ they are lost, even while in the valley of decision.
Well no, being lost or found is determined on accepting the free gift of salvation.

Matt 18:12-14 NIV “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Luke 19:9-10 NIV Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Phoneman777 said:
The Unmerciful Servant was forgiven of his debt, but through disobedience the debt was once again placed upon him, and I thank God for this parable which destroys the false idea of OSAS which is used to excuse Sabbath breaking.
You might as well prove your theories with a poem Phoneman. :rolleyes:

Matt 18:21-35 NIV - The Unmerciful Servant - In this parable the unforgiving servant is sent to the torturers by the king (God) for his unwillingness to forgive others. In the broader context of understanding the law of love, and the immediate context of forgiveness, I think this means that if we are unwilling to love well and forgive others, God will “torture” us by using the devil at his disposal. I interpret torture as causing us to live and fail by our own efforts, to face our evil, recognize our sin and appreciate God’s forgiveness of us. Then we will in turn forgive others because we will see that we are just as bad as them and capable of doing the same thing they did to us.

This forgiveness is to be understood of averting calamities and judgments, likely to fall for his iniquities, which is sometimes the sense of this phrase: see 1 Kings 8:34 and so his being delivered to the tormentors may mean, his being distressed with an accusing guilty conscience, an harassing, vexing devil, many misfortunes of life, and temporal calamities. Though after all, this is not strictly to be applied to any particular case or person, but the scope of the parable is to be attended to; which is to enforce mutual forgiveness among men, from having received full and free pardon at the hands of God; and that without the former, there is little reason to expect the latter, as appears from what follows.

Phoneman777 said:
The devils once believed they had eternal life, and now they are lost, so what's your point? Are you saying that humans can't be lost after they believe they have eternal life? You make God a most unfair, unjust Judge by imposing different consequences for the common rebellion of demons and humans.
Demons never accepted Jesus Christ as Savior brother. Believing Jesus is the Christ vs admitting you need a Savior is not the same.

Phoneman777 said:
It says that they "escaped pollutions" and that they are like a "washed sow". The symbolism of a sow washed with water is the reality of a man washed in the blood, bro. How much plainer does God have to be before you admit that these people were "cleansed"?
Where does it say they were washed with water? Where is the blood of Christ mentioned anywhere in that chapter? 2 Pet 2:22 NIV is speaking about the symbolism of the filthy nature of sin. Apostates are not born again believers. There's a reason why they're called false prophets and teachers 2 Pet 2:1 NIV.

1. These people are still condemned 2 Pet 2:3 NIV. Believers are no longer condemned Mark 16:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:28-29 NIV, John 8:11 NIV, John 16:11 NIV, Rom 3:6-8 NIV, Rom 5:16 NIV, Rom 8:1-2 NIV, Rom 8:34 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, 2 Thess 2:11-12 NIV, 2 Pet 2:3 NIV, 1 John 3:21 NIV, Jude 1:4-5 NIV

2. These people are springs without water 2 Peter 2:17 NIV. Believers however, are springs with water John 4:13-14 NIV, John 7:38-39 NIV, 1 Pet 3:21 NIV, Rev 7:17 NIV, Rev 21:6 NIV, Rev 22:1-2 NIV, Rev 22:17 NIV

Phoneman777 said:
The false idea of OSAS immediately dies a painful death with the mention of one word: "abide". Jesus said we are saved only if we continue to abide with Him. The Greek word "Meno" means "to not depart".

Do you understand, all you who are deceived by OSAS? It means "to not depart".

Therefore, those who "depart" from Jesus will be lost. Checkmate, OSAS, you doctrine of hell, now go die the death you deserve.
How does one lose their salvation if Jesus died for all sins Phoneman? How does that work? :rolleyes:

Looks like you got the doctrine of hell. The devil is the father of lies, and he's got you by the ankle's son.

Heb 6:16-19 NIV Men swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Didn't Jesus say that the hallmark of His disciples would be their love?

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Someone who is rude, and arrogant, and who shows no love for others...is not a disciple of Christ.

I think that person needs to spend a bit less time digging around in Paul's letters....

And a bit more time at the feet of Jesus Christ.

There's a poem in there somewhere....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
Mjrhealth, Jesus and Simon were sitting in Simon's house when Jesus told him that parable...yes?
Someone else was in the room with them...someone rather important...someone who was the reason for the parable in the first place.
Who was that person, Mj?
And what was that person doing?
Can you tell me?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mjrhealth, Jesus and Simon were sitting in Simon's house when Jesus told him that parable...yes?
Someone else was in the room with them...someone rather important...someone who was the reason for the parable in the first place.
Who was that person, Mj?
Can you tell me?

Yes

Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Guess what , according to the bible she never even asked, read it.

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

What saved her, her works of the law, no but her faith. As it says the just shall live by faith.You have so much truth yet as it says,

Its not what a man speaks that defiles a man but what comes out of his mouth.

And still you and pm lay the law, a stumbling block before man.How can you say you are of the spirit when you always turn back to the law. Have you not tasted of the new wine that you still prefer the old, have you not received His seed , the Holy Spirit, who bears life in men and therefore become married to Him or is it you prefer to another woman's husband the law who was never promised to you, is it not a sin to have two husbands.???

In all His Love

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Who was that person, Mj?
Can you tell me?

Yes

Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Guess what , according to the bible she never even asked, read it.

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

What saved her, her works of the law, no but her faith. As it says the just shall live by faith.You have so much truth yet as it says,

Its not what a man speaks that defiles a man but what comes out of his mouth.

And still you and pm lay the law, a stumbling block before man.How can you say you are of the spirit when you always turn back to the law. Have you not tasted of the new wine that you still prefer the old, have you not received His seed , the Holy Spirit, who bears life in men and therefore become married to Him or is it you prefer to another woman's husband the law who was never promised to you, is it not a sin to have two husbands.???

In all His Love
Who was she, Mjhealth?
And what was she doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.