Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
The Barrd said:
I see nothing has changed here during my absence.
It seems so obvious to me...those who love the Lord will keep His commandments. Those who will not keep His commandments do not truly love Him.
The road to life is narrow, and few find it...

There are very few, evidently, who love the Lord enough to keep His Sabbath holy. The Lord of the Sabbath is rejected,
The Barrd,

So does this mean that you are a sabbath keeper? Are you Hebrew Roots or SDA?

Zeke25

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Oh phone man why so angry, dont you know its not a sin to be human. Dont you know that you cant add one dot of love from God by your actions, Why are you striving to prove yourself. God finds you approved because of what Christ did, you cannot earn His approval by your actions.

Again what are you willling to give up to have all of Christ,

many are called but few are chosen...

Narrow is the way that leads to life and few shall find it.

I have no problems with God and He has no problems with me, oh if you could only know Him...

In all His Love
Again, MrH, you are on the wrong side of Scripture. While you abhor the idea of striving against sin, the Bible declares in Hebrews 12:4 KJV that we don't strive against it nearly as hard as we should.

When will you learn that God demands that His redeemed be in control of our passions and not our passions us? Hopefully, not before it's too late, bro.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Again, MrH, you are on the wrong side of Scripture. While you abhor the idea of striving against sin, the Bible declares in Hebrews 12:4 KJV that we don't strive against it nearly as hard as we should.

When will you learn that God demands that His redeemed be in control of our passions and not our passions us? Hopefully, not before it's too late, bro.
Rom 11:28-29 NIV As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
I see nothing has changed here during my absence.
It seems so obvious to me...those who love the Lord will keep His commandments. Those who will not keep His commandments do not truly love Him.
The road to life is narrow, and few find it...

There are very few, evidently, who love the Lord enough to keep His Sabbath holy. The Lord of the Sabbath is rejected,
Welcome back, B! I wonder if the same "Christians" here who stubbornly refuse His overcoming power and demand that Jesus put up with their continued unfaithfulness would be willing to do the same for an equally unfaithful spouse? - one who habitually gives her body to countless men on Saturday nights and then begs her husband for forgiveness on Sunday morning?

I'm amazed that Christians today who stubbornly refuse to give up their sinful habits somehow esteem themselves more spiritually enlightened than those Christians who chose death by the jaws of beasts or the flames of the stake in the Roman Coliseum for refusing to sprinkle a pinch of incense into the hot coals of a pagan idol or acknowledge Caesar as "god". SMH

Turn, O backsliding Christians, saith the Lord, for I am married unto you..."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Rom 11:28-29 NIV As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.
Yes, His gifts and call are irrevocable, meaning the hand of invitation extended to us is cannot be withdrawn. However, after taking hold of His hand, you may fully withdraw yourself from His hand by setting a course for known, deliberate sin and become a withered branch on the ground that will be cast into the fire. He will not force anyone to give up sin against their will, but will allow them to be burned up with the sin that He will eventually destroy. We have to give up our sin, bro.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Yes, His gifts and call are irrevocable, meaning the hand of invitation extended to us is cannot be withdrawn. However, after taking hold of His hand, you may fully withdraw yourself from His hand by setting a course for known, deliberate sin and become a withered branch on the ground that will be cast into the fire. He will not force anyone to give up sin against their will, but will allow them to be burned up with the sin that He will eventually destroy. We have to give up our sin, bro.
But there is no "however" in that scripture. :rolleyes:

Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

YOU were sealed. YOU, the believer.

It's not, "you better behave or you will go to hell", it's rather, "you better behave or I will convict you of your sin".

Otherwise, you would just be Hitler.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007

Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

It's not, "you better behave or you will go to hell", it's rather, "you better behave or I will convict you of your sin".

Jesus says we will be judged according what we have done. We better not to sin. We ought to strive to be like Jesus. We need to take Jesus' word seriously, every word of it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Jesus says we will be judged according what we have done. We better not to sin. We ought to strive to be like Jesus. We need to take Jesus' word seriously, every word of it.
I agree, but if you do sin it doesn't effect your eternal inheritance. The only perfect human being was Jesus, and He knows that.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I agree, but if you do sin it doesn't effect your eternal inheritance. The only perfect human being was Jesus, and He knows that.
The point is we should not spread saying we are only human or imperfect Christians so sin is not avoidable. Jesus commands us to be perfect.

We ought to take His commands seriously every word.

I say this because there is protestants doctrine saying your works cannot save you. This is antichrist doctrine because Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands". Keeping His commands is all works.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
The point is we should not spread saying we are only human or imperfect Christians so sin is not avoidable. Jesus commands us to be perfect.
I do agree, as long as you know that sin cannot effect your eternal inheritance, you can say whatever you want.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
I think/feel the balance lies between the 2 extremes: we shouldn't promote law-/sabbath-breaking, but it also shouldn't be legalistic/burden.
I really dislike the libertarian saying "nanny State increasing rules/laws to protect us from ourselves" but this is abit similar to that. "Laying on burdens that they won't even touch with a finger".

A problem i have with modern christianity and the world/system/regime is that it is all negatives/force/fear/have-to/punishment/words/etc and not any much positives/help/reward/etc. Why don't people just (lead by example, and) Help make it easier to keep the sabbath etc rather than negatives.

What is the use if life/sabbath has to be "strive to blood" upto the line of "He won't put on you what you can't bear"? I mean i wish i was dead if life/christianity is all just negatives/strive to blood/what can bear.

The 10 commandments were given to a community not just one person admist others. It is not easy in todays modern world to keep sabbath amdist a world and church that doesn't. Many christian social groups here have events on saturday days/nights, most all churches only have sunday not sat service except SDAs. We gentiles/Japhethites are in a colder climate than Israel.

Does anyone take the other part of the commandment "6 days you shall work" so excessively seriously?
Do we take that other commands/laws all as serious? Cleanliness laws; love one another (love your neighbour as yourself, do unto others as would have done to you), believe on him who he has sent, to help widows & fatherless [includes singles/lonely and people alone without families?]

I heard/saw that our pulse slows down once every 7 days?

light/easy - heavy/hard
rest - heavy laden
delight - burden
sabbath for man - man for sabbath
work to live - live to work
sat/sabbat - sun
grace - law
Abel - Cain
faith - works
faith by works - faith without/apart-from works
free - slave
spirit of law - letter of law
inner law - external law
spirit - flesh/carnal
deep - shallow
love edifies - knowledge puffs
day begins sunrise - day begins sunset
Hebrew/Greek - English trans
virgin - harlot
ishi - baali
law - lawless
fulfill - doaway
God - man
genetics - ideology/laws/manifestos
rebirth - patches/archaism/futurism/manifestos
hot - cold/lukewarm
mercy - sacrifice
faith - believe(&tremble)

0 lawless
1 greatest command love Lord (or love neighbour)
2 great commandments love Lord & love neighbour cover all the law(s)
7 Noahide laws
10/12 commandments
12/10 commandments
42 negative confessions
613 Mosaic laws

This is interesting:

Sun - Ephesus
Mon - Smyrna
Tue - Pergamum
Wed - Thyatira
Thu - Sardis
Fri - Philadelphia
Sat/Sab - Laodiceans

Re christmas: pagans bash christmas as "christian", christians bash christmas as pagan. Cromwell banned christmas. The globalist corporates have succeeded where others failed: they have much eroded public/statutory holidays.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

ATP, if "once saved always saved" is Scriptural, then why did Jesus Himself give us a parable in which the Unmerciful Servant was at first forgiven of his impossible debt (clear symbol of the "sin" debt we all have incurred), but because he chose to act like no Christian should act, he was cast into prison and his impossible debt was again placed upon his head?

You are right, it's not "you better behave or you will go to hell". It's "if you don't allow me to make you a new creature, you will not be qualified for heaven." You will not be allowed to enter the king's wedding feast without first casting aside your tattered garments of sin and putting on the spotless garment that has been provided to you, which means you have to forsake your old sinful character and allow Jesus to come into your heart and manifest His spotless, obedient character through you.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bibliocentrist said:
I think/feel the balance lies between the 2 extremes: we shouldn't promote law-/sabbath-breaking, but it also shouldn't be legalistic/burden.
I really dislike the libertarian saying "nanny State increasing rules/laws to protect us from ourselves" but this is abit similar to that. "Laying on burdens that they won't even touch with a finger".

A problem i have with modern christianity and the world/system/regime is that it is all negatives/force/fear/have-to/punishment/words/etc and not any much positives/help/reward/etc. Why don't people just (lead by example, and) Help make it easier to keep the sabbath etc rather than negatives.

What is the use if life/sabbath has to be "strive to blood" upto the line of "He won't put on you what you can't bear"? I mean i wish i was dead if life/christianity is all just negatives/strive to blood/what can bear.

The 10 commandments were given to a community not just one person admist others. It is not easy in todays modern world to keep sabbath amdist a world and church that doesn't. Many christian social groups here have events on saturday days/nights, most all churches only have sunday not sat service except SDAs. We gentiles/Japhethites are in a colder climate than Israel.

Does anyone take the other part of the commandment "6 days you shall work" so excessively seriously?
Do we take that other commands/laws all as serious? Cleanliness laws; love one another (love your neighbour as yourself, do unto others as would have done to you), believe on him who he has sent, to help widows & fatherless [includes singles/lonely and people alone without families?]

I heard/saw that our pulse slows down once every 7 days?

light/easy - heavy/hard
rest - heavy laden
delight - burden
sabbath for man - man for sabbath
work to live - live to work
sat/sabbat - sun
grace - law
Abel - Cain
faith - works
faith by works - faith without/apart-from works
free - slave
spirit of law - letter of law
inner law - external law
spirit - flesh/carnal
deep - shallow
love edifies - knowledge puffs
day begins sunrise - day begins sunset
Hebrew/Greek - English trans
virgin - harlot
ishi - baali
law - lawless
fulfill - doaway
God - man
genetics - ideology/laws/manifestos
rebirth - patches/archaism/futurism/manifestos
hot - cold/lukewarm
mercy - sacrifice
faith - believe(&tremble)

0 lawless
1 greatest command love Lord (or love neighbour)
2 great commandments love Lord & love neighbour cover all the law(s)
7 Noahide laws
10/12 commandments
12/10 commandments
42 negative confessions
613 Mosaic laws

This is interesting:

Sun - Ephesus
Mon - Smyrna
Tue - Pergamum
Wed - Thyatira
Thu - Sardis
Fri - Philadelphia
Sat/Sab - Laodiceans

Re christmas: pagans bash christmas as "christian", christians bash christmas as pagan. Cromwell banned christmas. The globalist corporates have succeeded where others failed: they have much eroded public/statutory holidays.
I wouldn't use "negative" or a "burden" to define obedience to the Ten Commandments or the act of striving to stop doing that which made necessary the death of Jesus on the Cross. I see that as Paul defines it - our "reasonable service".

Is it really that difficult to do ten things that God has asked us to do when He resides in the heart of those to whom He has called to do them?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Joh 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Why are law keepers so angry at those who accept the grace of God for what it is "a free Gift lest one should boast".

Would you condemn Christ too, God doesnt stop working on the Sabbath just because you do, if He had Jesus would of healed no man and today no man would be saved on the sabbath because God would have to work to save Him,.

In all His love

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I do agree, as long as you know that sin cannot effect your eternal inheritance, you can say whatever you want.
What is your point?

Do you think you can sin and still inherit God's kingdom?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
ATP, if "once saved always saved" is Scriptural, then why did Jesus Himself give us a parable in which the Unmerciful Servant was at first forgiven of his impossible debt (clear symbol of the "sin" debt we all have incurred), but because he chose to act like no Christian should act, he was cast into prison and his impossible debt was again placed upon his head?

You are right, it's not "you better behave or you will go to hell". It's "if you don't allow me to make you a new creature, you will not be qualified for heaven." You will not be allowed to enter the king's wedding feast without first casting aside your tattered garments of sin and putting on the spotless garment that has been provided to you, which means you have to forsake your old sinful character and allow Jesus to come into your heart and manifest His spotless, obedient character through you.
Joyful said:
What is your point?

Do you think you can sin and still inherit God's kingdom?
You can't lose your salvation. Either you believe what Jesus did on the cross or you don't. That's what it comes down too. We are imperfect human beings. Your righteousness and religiousness are but filthy rags in God's eyes. To think you can buy your way into heaven with your filthy, dirty, sinful works is laughable.

ADOPTION - Rom 8:15-17 NIV, Rom 9:4 NIV, Eph 1:4-5 NIV

ALL SINS ARE COVERED - John 1:29 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 13:38-39 NIV, Rom 4:7-8 NIV, Rom 6:10 NIV, Col 1:13-14 NIV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, Heb 7:27 NIV, Heb 10:12 NIV, 1 John 2:2 NIV, 1 John 2:12 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

WE ARE ONLY BELIEVING ONCE - Matt 21:25 NIV, Matt 21:31-32 NIV, Matt 27:42 NIV, John 1:12-13 NIV, John 2:23 NIV, John 3:12 NIV, John 3:14-15 NIV, John 3:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 4:42 NIV, John 5:24 NIV, John 5:37-38 NIV, John 6:28-29 NIV, John 6:35-40 NIV, John 6:47 NIV, John 6:64 NIV, John 6:69 NIV, John 7:38-39 NIV, John 7:48 NIV, John 8:24 NIV, John 8:31-32 NIV, John 8:46-47 NIV, John 9:35-38 NIV, John 10:25-26 NIV, John 10:41-42 NIV, John 11:25-26 NIV, John 11:40-42 NIV, John 13:19-20 NIV, John 14:11 NIV, John 14:29 NIV, John 16:8-11 NIV, John 16:27 NIV, John 17:8 NIV, John 17:20-21 NIV, John 20:25 NIV, John 20:29-31 NIV, Acts 4:4 NIV, Acts 5:14 NIV, Acts 9:42 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 11:17 NIV, Acts 13:39 NIV, Acts 13:46-48 NIV, Acts 14:1-2 NIV, Acts 14:27 NIV, Acts 15:7 NIV, Acts 16:30-31 NIV, Acts 17:12 NIV, Acts 17:34 NIV, Acts 18:8 NIV, Acts 18:27-28 NIV, Acts 19:2 NIV, Acts 19:18 NIV, Acts 20:21 NIV, Acts 21:20 NIV, Acts 22:19 NIV, Acts 23:6 NIV, Acts 24:21 NIV, Acts 24:24 NIV, Acts 26:18 NIV, Acts 28:23-24 NIV, Rom 1:8 NIV, Rom 1:16 NIV, Rom 3:22 NIV, Rom 4:13 NIV, Rom 4:24 NIV, Rom 10:3-4 NIV, Rom 10:9-10 NIV, Rom 10:14-16 NIV, Rom 13:11 NIV, Rom 16:26 NIV, 1 Cor 1:21 NIV, Gal 3:22 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Heb 4:3 ESV, 1 John 2:13-14 NIV, 1 John 5:1 NIV, 1 John 5:5 NIV, 1 John 5:13-14 NIV

WE BELONG TO CHRIST - John 8:44 NIV, Rom 1:6 NIV, Rom 8:9-11 NIV, Rom 14:8 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV, Heb 10:38-39 NIV, 1 John 2:19 NIV, 1 John 5:12 NIV

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST - Acts 20:28 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

WE NO LONGER CONTINUE TO SIN - Rom 6:14 NIV, 1 John 3:6 NIV, 1 John 3:9 NIV, 1 John 5:18 NIV

NO CONDEMNATION - Mark 16:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:28-29 NIV, John 8:11 NIV, John 16:11 NIV, Rom 3:6-8 NIV, Rom 5:16 NIV, Rom 8:1-2 NIV, Rom 8:34 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV

HEIRS TO CHRIST - Acts 3:25 NIV, Rom 4:13-14 NIV, Rom 8:15-17 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV

INHERITANCE - Psalm 94:14 NIV, Dan 12:13 NIV, Matt 25:34 NIV, Acts 20:32 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Col 1:12 NIV, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV, Jude 1:1 NIV, Jude 1:24 NIV

THE LOVE OF GOD - Rom 1:7 NIV, Rom 5:5 NIV, Rom 5:8 NIV, Rom 8:39 ESV, Rom 11:17 NIV, Rom 11:28-29 NIV, Rom 15:30 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

GOD WILL LOSE NONE OF THE ELECT - John 6:39 NIV, John 17:9-10 NIV, John 17:12 NIV, Rom 5:5 NIV

NONBELIEVERS ARE THE LOST - Matt 10:5-7 NIV, Matt 18:12-14 NIV, Luke 15:4-7 NIV, Luke 19:9-10 NIV

BELIEVING IN THE NAME OF JESUS - Isa 12:4 NIV, John 1:12 NIV, John 2:23 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:43 NIV, John 9:35-38 NIV, John 10:41-42 NIV, John 17:11-12 NIV, John 20:31 NIV, Acts 3:6 NIV, Acts 3:16 NIV, Acts 4:10-12 NIV, Acts 4:18 NIV, Acts 4:30 NIV, Acts 8:16 NIV, Acts 9:15-16 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 15:26 NIV, Acts 16:18 NIV, Acts 19:13 NIV, Acts 21:13 NIV, Acts 22:16 NIV, Acts 26:9 NIV, Rom 1:5 NIV, Rom 10:13 NIV, 1 Cor 1:2 NIV, 1 Cor 6:11 NIV, 1 John 2:12 NIV, 1 John 3:23 NIV, 1 John 5:13 NIV

THE POWER AND PROTECTION OF GOD - John 17:11 NIV, John 17:15 NIV, Rom 1:16 NIV, Rom 1:20 NIV, Rom 15:13 NIV, 1 Cor 1:17 NIV, 1 Cor 2:4-5 NIV, 1 Cor 4:20 NIV, 1 Cor 5:4-5 NIV, 1 Cor 6:14 NIV, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV

THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT - John 6:39 NIV, John 10:27-30 NIV, Acts 2:33 NIV, Acts 2:38-39 NIV, Rom 4:13-14 NIV, Rom 4:16 NIV, Rom 9:4 NIV, Rom 9:8 NIV, Gal 3:22 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Phil 1:6 NIV, Heb 4:1 ESV, 2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV, 1 John 2:24-25 NIV, Jude 1:24 NIV

THE LONG LIST OF SECURITY FOR THE ELECT - ROM 8:31-39 ESV

THE SEAL OF GOD - John 6:27 NIV, 2 Cor 1:21-22 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Eph 4:30 NIV, Rev 9:4 NIV

WE ARE VICTORIOUS THROUGH CHRIST - Prov 21:31 NIV, John 16:33 NIV, Rom 8:35 NIV, Rom 8:37 NIV, 1 Cor 15:57 NIV, 2 Cor 2:14 NIV, 1 John 5:4-5 NIV, Rev 2:7 NIV, Rev 21:7-8 NIV

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
You can't lose your salvation. Either you believe what Jesus did on the cross or you don't. That's what it comes down too. We are imperfect human beings. Your righteousness and religiousness are but filthy rags in God's eyes. To think you can buy your way into heaven with your filthy, dirty, sinful works is laughable.

ADOPTION - Rom 8:15-17 NIV, Rom 9:4 NIV, Eph 1:4-5 NIV

ALL SINS ARE COVERED - John 1:29 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 13:38-39 NIV, Rom 4:7-8 NIV, Rom 6:10 NIV, Col 1:13-14 NIV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, Heb 7:27 NIV, Heb 10:12 NIV, 1 John 2:2 NIV, 1 John 2:12 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

WE ARE ONLY BELIEVING ONCE - Matt 21:25 NIV, Matt 21:31-32 NIV, Matt 27:42 NIV, John 1:12-13 NIV, John 2:23 NIV, John 3:12 NIV, John 3:14-15 NIV, John 3:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 4:42 NIV, John 5:24 NIV, John 5:37-38 NIV, John 6:28-29 NIV, John 6:35-40 NIV, John 6:47 NIV, John 6:64 NIV, John 6:69 NIV, John 7:38-39 NIV, John 7:48 NIV, John 8:24 NIV, John 8:31-32 NIV, John 8:46-47 NIV, John 9:35-38 NIV, John 10:25-26 NIV, John 10:41-42 NIV, John 11:25-26 NIV, John 11:40-42 NIV, John 13:19-20 NIV, John 14:11 NIV, John 14:29 NIV, John 16:8-11 NIV, John 16:27 NIV, John 17:8 NIV, John 17:20-21 NIV, John 20:25 NIV, John 20:29-31 NIV, Acts 4:4 NIV, Acts 5:14 NIV, Acts 9:42 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 11:17 NIV, Acts 13:39 NIV, Acts 13:46-48 NIV, Acts 14:1-2 NIV, Acts 14:27 NIV, Acts 15:7 NIV, Acts 16:30-31 NIV, Acts 17:12 NIV, Acts 17:34 NIV, Acts 18:8 NIV, Acts 18:27-28 NIV, Acts 19:2 NIV, Acts 19:18 NIV, Acts 20:21 NIV, Acts 21:20 NIV, Acts 22:19 NIV, Acts 23:6 NIV, Acts 24:21 NIV, Acts 24:24 NIV, Acts 26:18 NIV, Acts 28:23-24 NIV, Rom 1:8 NIV, Rom 1:16 NIV, Rom 3:22 NIV, Rom 4:13 NIV, Rom 4:24 NIV, Rom 10:3-4 NIV, Rom 10:9-10 NIV, Rom 10:14-16 NIV, Rom 13:11 NIV, Rom 16:26 NIV, 1 Cor 1:21 NIV, Gal 3:22 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Heb 4:3 ESV, 1 John 2:13-14 NIV, 1 John 5:1 NIV, 1 John 5:5 NIV, 1 John 5:13-14 NIV

WE BELONG TO CHRIST - John 8:44 NIV, Rom 1:6 NIV, Rom 8:9-11 NIV, Rom 14:8 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV, Heb 10:38-39 NIV, 1 John 2:19 NIV, 1 John 5:12 NIV

THE BLOOD OF CHRIST - Acts 20:28 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

WE NO LONGER CONTINUE TO SIN - Rom 6:14 NIV, 1 John 3:6 NIV, 1 John 3:9 NIV, 1 John 5:18 NIV

NO CONDEMNATION - Mark 16:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:28-29 NIV, John 8:11 NIV, John 16:11 NIV, Rom 3:6-8 NIV, Rom 5:16 NIV, Rom 8:1-2 NIV, Rom 8:34 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV

HEIRS TO CHRIST - Acts 3:25 NIV, Rom 4:13-14 NIV, Rom 8:15-17 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV

INHERITANCE - Psalm 94:14 NIV, Dan 12:13 NIV, Matt 25:34 NIV, Acts 20:32 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Col 1:12 NIV, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV, Jude 1:1 NIV, Jude 1:24 NIV

THE LOVE OF GOD - Rom 1:7 NIV, Rom 5:5 NIV, Rom 5:8 NIV, Rom 8:39 ESV, Rom 11:17 NIV, Rom 11:28-29 NIV, Rom 15:30 NIV, Rev 1:4-5 NIV

GOD WILL LOSE NONE OF THE ELECT - John 6:39 NIV, John 17:9-10 NIV, John 17:12 NIV, Rom 5:5 NIV

NONBELIEVERS ARE THE LOST - Matt 10:5-7 NIV, Matt 18:12-14 NIV, Luke 15:4-7 NIV, Luke 19:9-10 NIV

BELIEVING IN THE NAME OF JESUS - Isa 12:4 NIV, John 1:12 NIV, John 2:23 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:43 NIV, John 9:35-38 NIV, John 10:41-42 NIV, John 17:11-12 NIV, John 20:31 NIV, Acts 3:6 NIV, Acts 3:16 NIV, Acts 4:10-12 NIV, Acts 4:18 NIV, Acts 4:30 NIV, Acts 8:16 NIV, Acts 9:15-16 NIV, Acts 10:43 NIV, Acts 15:26 NIV, Acts 16:18 NIV, Acts 19:13 NIV, Acts 21:13 NIV, Acts 22:16 NIV, Acts 26:9 NIV, Rom 1:5 NIV, Rom 10:13 NIV, 1 Cor 1:2 NIV, 1 Cor 6:11 NIV, 1 John 2:12 NIV, 1 John 3:23 NIV, 1 John 5:13 NIV

THE POWER AND PROTECTION OF GOD - John 17:11 NIV, John 17:15 NIV, Rom 1:16 NIV, Rom 1:20 NIV, Rom 15:13 NIV, 1 Cor 1:17 NIV, 1 Cor 2:4-5 NIV, 1 Cor 4:20 NIV, 1 Cor 5:4-5 NIV, 1 Cor 6:14 NIV, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV

THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT - John 6:39 NIV, John 10:27-30 NIV, Acts 2:33 NIV, Acts 2:38-39 NIV, Rom 4:13-14 NIV, Rom 4:16 NIV, Rom 9:4 NIV, Rom 9:8 NIV, Gal 3:22 NIV, Gal 3:29 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Phil 1:6 NIV, Heb 4:1 ESV, 2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV, 1 John 2:24-25 NIV, Jude 1:24 NIV

THE LONG LIST OF SECURITY FOR THE ELECT - ROM 8:31-39 ESV

THE SEAL OF GOD - John 6:27 NIV, 2 Cor 1:21-22 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Eph 4:30 NIV, Rev 9:4 NIV

WE ARE VICTORIOUS THROUGH CHRIST - Prov 21:31 NIV, John 16:33 NIV, Rom 8:35 NIV, Rom 8:37 NIV, 1 Cor 15:57 NIV, 2 Cor 2:14 NIV, 1 John 5:4-5 NIV, Rev 2:7 NIV, Rev 21:7-8 NIV
You are disregarding many of Jesus' word.

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Questor said: "When people say that the Law was nailed to the cross, they mean that Yeshua, the living Torah, was nailed to the cross, not G-d's commandments."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

God calls me Olivia says: I have only read to this point so sorry if I am repeating those after me.

The rest beingToday spoken of in Hebrews is the gospel message. When saved we no longer do our own works, but we rest in Christ in His Spirit doing His works. We have no glory or boasting in our works for all righteous works are the believer doing God's works. All works of faith are God's works and we have no claim to them as ours, yet God still rewards faith as righteousness. All of God's works are from love for God is perfect love fulfilling the two commandments.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8-10).

"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13).

The works of the law are works attributed to self. The works of the law of love are not of the written code.

"But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code" (Ro:6).

Status
Not open for further replies.