Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
mjrhealth said:
I gues its a bit like those who say they keep His commandments, but dont, You see they only "TRY" but fail just like everyone else. But they cant admit it, they cannot admit failure because than their cause would have no purpose. But they need teh LAW becasue they have no love, they need teh LAW to keep them inline for without it they would sin. As it says.

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

And that is simply why teh "sinners" need to keep it.

In All His Love
That's why they need to be born again. NON-OSAS simply do not understand grace.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's why they need to be born again. NON-OSAS simply do not understand grace.
Its Love the ycannot comprehend. How can God love me?? Well He made us, thats why.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Its Love the ycannot comprehend. How can God love me?? Well He made us, thats why.
And do you also love God? Jesus very plainly says "if you love Me, keep My commandments."
Of course, we will stumble, and fall. We are not perfect, we are going to "mess up".
Is that an excuse for sin, then?
GOD FORBID!!!!!
No, we are to strive to be holy, even as He is holy!
What do you think "repent" means?

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
Phoneman777 said:
I wouldn't use "negative" or a "burden" to define obedience to the Ten Commandments or the act of striving to stop doing that which made necessary the death of Jesus on the Cross. I see that as Paul defines it - our "reasonable service".

Is it really that difficult to do ten things that God has asked us to do when He resides in the heart of those to whom He has called to do them?
Yes if God (and people) doesn't help us both inside and outside then it is difficult/burden and i am very angry and quit, as I have enough unreasonible striving just to survive hell each hour/day/week/month/year.
Of course christians are supposed to repent and need to be rebirthed/born-again and to "try" obey, and not do bad/sin and do/be good/right (Gods commandments not man's).

-----

re other posts:

The perfect law is spirit and is impossible for man to perfectly divide/interpret/codify it. It is impossible for humans without God to ever acheive perfect delicate proportions balance in every aspect of life (though doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do right).

Jesus said if you even look at a woman with lust you have commited adultery.
The man kept all 10 (gentile)/12 commandments yet lacked one thing.
The Jews between Moses and Jesus couldn't/wouldn't keep them, because there needed to be rebirth not just laws/effort.

If we live by / pray/ask for grace then we can't be purposely sinning, but also means it is impossible to be perfect (not that we shouldn't try).

The "if you *love* **me**" comes before/over/above the "keep my commandments".

And what is/are his commandments? To believe on him who he has sent, and to love one another, to care for widows and fatherless and keep self unspotted from the world.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This thread seems to have been just going on and on and on for ages, Sabbath keeping... is it wrong to go to Church and Worship God on a Sunday instead of Saturday? Is it wrong to celebrate Jesus's birthday on Christmas day? is it wrong to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus during Easter? Certainly not, i see no problem with it.

The fact is God loves us giving praise to him no matter what day of the week, month, or year it is. ;)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No and actually the bible says it doesnt matter.

Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

The part that does matter is when one insists it does

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

But some insist on doing so.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Phoneman777 said:
A continued life of sin is the evidence that one has accepted NOTHING from Jesus.
Why is it such macabre untruths always or seemingly always accompany Sabbath-parlance?

There has never been a saved person whose life went on after his re-birth and or 'conversion' not being a sinner still.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Joh 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Joh 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Why are law keepers so angry at those who accept the grace of God for what it is "a free Gift lest one should boast".

Would you condemn Christ too, God doesnt stop working on the Sabbath just because you do, if He had Jesus would of healed no man and today no man would be saved on the sabbath because God would have to work to save Him,.

In all His love

In all His love the hungered was Jesus Christ who did eat the showbread the Sabbath Day’s Offering for the hungered and starving dead-in-their-sins, and David was the type of Him who took up his life again as were all believers of all time at the Lord’s Supper breaking the Bread of Life for their salvation.

Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless . . .
this meaneth, The Lamb of God without spot or wrinkle.

Mat 12:8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath Day --- Lord Protector “the Son of Man Who keepeth the Sabbath from polluting done on it, evil to it.

Why are law demanders so angry at those who accept the grace of God for what it is : "a free gift lest one should boast"—even “My Holy Day” his “pleasure” and “delight”— “the Lord’s Day”, Day of the Lord’s Triumph in it through Resurrection from the dead?

God doesn’t stop working on the Sabbath, but “by the EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER WHICH HE WORKED WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD”, “Jesus gave them rest wherefore there for the people of God remains the Sabbath Day’s rest.”

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Phoneman777 said:
What church sits on the city of seven hills, ROME, and is both outwardly and clandestinely intimately involved with international political affairs and intrigue like no other religious organization in history, controls the banking elite through its Jesuit control of secret societies like the Knights of Malta, Freemasons, the Illuminatti, etc., esoterically teaches BABYLONIAN occult sun worship religion and has dragged such teachings right into the midst of the Christian church???

There is only one: the Roman Catholic church.
'Hills' also is symbolic of worldly authorities. "Seven" is also symbolic for _all_ seats of human power.

Now what church sits on the city of seven hills of earthly governments? Not Rome but Christianity as a whole. And in which respect is Christianity --Sabbatharians included -- in perfect agreement and unity ? In respect of the dogma that Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
good day, friend.
Just making sure. We do find them on forums quite often.

In order to believe in OSAS you would have to change your mind about who Jesus Christ is and what he did on the cross for you.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Just making sure. We do find them on forums quite often.

In order to believe in OSAS you would have to change your mind about who Jesus Christ is and what he did on the cross for you.
OSAS is created by John Calvin who was a murderer. He was a violent Christian. The truth is not in violent ones.

Violent faith is not of Jesus. Jesus is prince of peace. Jesus says to love your enemy.

blessings.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
OSAS is created by John Calvin who was a murderer. He was a violent Christian. The truth is not in violent ones.

Violent faith is not of Jesus. Jesus is prince of peace. Jesus says to love your enemy.

blessings.
John Calvan? No silly, this is from the Word of God. All you gotta do is believe.

John 6:47 NIV Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GerhardEbersoehn said:
Why is it such macabre untruths always or seemingly always accompany Sabbath-parlance?

There has never been a saved person whose life went on after his re-birth and or 'conversion' not being a sinner still.
Untruths? Friend, before you esteem my words as such, learn the difference between "a just man falls seven times and riseth up again" and "depart from Me, ye that work iniquity".

The former describes one who sometimes stumbles in His surrendered walk with Jesus and through sorrowful repentance obtains both mercy and grace to continue that surrendered walk.

The latter is a hypocrite who, by his stubborn refusal to surrender his will to Him when impressed by the Holy Spirit to do so, tells Jesus to go straight to hell while simultaneously claiming "freedom in Christ", a most pathetic but apt description of modern day Christianity, however macabre it may seem.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
You deny the word of God. Looks like you have some studying to do.
ATP, we all agree that no one is getting into heaven without loving Jesus, right?

Therefore, when you read Jesus' words, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments", just keep His commandments and stop making up these ridiculous arguments like "continuing to break His commandments has nothing to do with our salvation". To the contrary, continued commandment breaking is the evidence that a person hates Jesus, no matter how "saved" they may claim to be.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To the contrary, continued commandment breaking is the evidence that a person hates Jesus, no matter how "saved" they may claim to be.
So phoneman does that mean you hate Jesus since you too continually break them. You really havnt got your head around "love" have you.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

And that is why Love does not need the law and why those who insist on the law know not love.

Again what aer you willing to give up for all of Jesus???

In all His Love

Status
Not open for further replies.