SALVATION: BY GRACE OR BY WORKS? A FALSE DICHOTOMY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Peter and Paul taugh the same gospel. Paul also taught Jews as well as gentiles in the latter chapters of Acts.
Matthew 24:14,
- and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations and then the end will come
What is striking is that you mention nothing re the mystery brother-prophecy-re the Jews- and mystery-given to Paul.

Thank you for your reply-I am seeking to rightly divide the Scriptures, as I am sure you are-and no, I don't hold to a Calvinistic worldview.

The question for you is how many does the Lord call?
The calvinist say only a pre selected few.

I think you and I both know that the gospel invitation is for ALL-but not ALL will come to the Light dear friend.-but all in all-you are solidly grounded in Scriptures, and I appreciate that.

Shalom
Johann.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Peter and Paul taugh the same gospel

Peter and Paul never taught the same gospel. When Peter taught the kingdom gospel at Pentecost, Saul was rejecting the Messiah. When Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God, Peter’s gospel of the kingdom to Israel was limited to the circumcision.
Below are the six major issues of distinction between what Peter taught and what Paul taught. The main similarity between the two messages exists in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 1:10).

The Difference between Peter and Paul’s Message
Peter and Paul never taught the same gospel. When Peter taught the kingdom gospel at
Pentecost Saul was rejecting the Messiah.
When Paul preached the gospel of the grace of
God Peter’s gospel of the kingdom to Israel was limited to the circumcision.
Below are the six major issues of distinction between what Peter taught and what Paul
taught. The main similarity between the two messages exists in the person of the Lord
Jesus Christ (Eph 1:10).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter* taught: Paul taught:
1. Israel and Prophecy
Israel is still standing and
prophecy is being fulfilled.
(Acts 2:16-17; 3:21,24-26)
Israel is fallen and
the prophecies are postponed.
(Rom 3:10,19;11:11,25; 16:25)
2. Apostolic responsibility
Salvation is of the Jews led by the
twelve apostles.
(John 4:22; Mat 19:28; 1 Pet 1:10; Rev 21:14)
Salvation sent to Gentiles through Paul,
the Apostle of the Gentiles.
(Rom 11:13; Col 1:25; 2 Tim 1:11; 1 Cor 3:10)
3. Justification
Salvation and the law; justification by
faith in Jesus as the Messiah
accompanied by necessary works.
(Jam 2:24; 1 John 2:5; Mat 19:27; Heb 10:26)
Salvation apart from the law;
justification by grace through faith in
the cross work of Jesus Christ.
(Rom 4:5; Eph 2:8-9; Tit 3:5; 1 Cor 15:1-4)
4. The Church**
Separation between the Jew and
Gentile; Israel is God’s chosen people.
Gentiles blessed through Israel.
(Mat 10:5; Luke 24:49; Acts 11:19)
No longer Jew nor Gentile
but all are part of a new creature in
Christ called his Body.
(Gal 3:28; Col 3:11; Eph 2:15; 1 Cor 12:13)
5. God’s representation
God’s holy nation, the little flock of
Israel, is His earthly representation
from among the world.
(Isa 61:6; Rev 7:1-8; 1 Pet 2:5,9)
Gentile Ambassadors are
His representation to a world
in total rebellion.
(2 Cor 5:20; 1 Cor 12:20; 2 Tim 2:2)
Find more free resources online at www.graceambassadors.com
6. Destiny***
Promised to receive an earthly
inheritance in the kingdom.
(1 Pet 1:4; Mat 6:10; Heb 13:14; Rev 21:2)
Promise of an heavenly position in
God’s universal dominion.
(Phil 3:20; Eph 2:6; 1 Thess 4:17)
* Peter is used as representative of the twelve apostles during their kingdom and
Pentecostal ministry.
** There are three churches mentioned by name in the Bible; listed are two.
*** In the dispensation of the fullness of times both of these things will be brought
together in Christ (Eph 1:10).

In light of these Scriptures-did Peter teach the same gospel as Paul? At a glance the answer must be emphatically yes-but did they?

In I Corinthians 4:1 to 3 we learn that the servants of Christ are instructed to be faithful
stewards of the mysteries of God. In I Corinthians 1:10 these servants are told to speak the same
thing, to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment; not to be
divided.

The Lord's stewards are not perfectly joined together in the same mind concerning the
meaning of Paul's statement in Galatians 2:7; and they certainly do not speak the same thing in
explaining the meaning of this verse.

On the contrary, some of the Lord's servants not only differ
with other stewards of the mysteries of God concerning the meaning of Paul's statement in
Galatians 2:7, but they are very ungracious in their attitude toward those who disagree with
them. They permit themselves to be stirred to indignation and disgust, if not contempt and
hatred, against those who do not accept their exegesis.

If any intelligent Christian should read Galatians 2:7, and some theologian should not
interfere with his thinking, what would that Christian decide after reading,—“But contrariwise,
when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me (Paul), as the
gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter?”

That Christian would surely decide Paul wrote to
the Galatians that the Lord had committed unto him (Paul) “the gospel of the uncircumcision,”
and unto Peter, “the gospel of the circumcision.”

If there is any meaning to language, that
Christian would decide that “the gospel of the uncircumcision” and “the gospel of the
circumcision” are not one and the same gospel.

In the Greek the genitive is used. The word is
“of” and not “to”. The gospel “of” the uncircumcision. The gospel “of” the circumcision.

The servants of the Lord, who insist that Paul meant to say that the same gospel that the
risen Christ authorized him to preach to the Gentiles He gave to Peter for the Jews, are the very
same men who insist that Peter and his associates, who were Christ's apostles before Paul was
converted, went all over Asia and Europe preaching to Gentiles, after Paul was converted. In
Galatians 2:9 they agreed to go to the Jews. If they agreed to go to the Jews and went to the
Gentiles, they did not do what they agreed to do.

These Christians acknowledge that they get
their ideas as to the evangelization of Gentiles by the twelve apostles from church history, and
not from the Bible.

Moreover, it is a fact that the same Bible teachers, who teach that Paul and the twelve
apostles preached the same gospel, (Paul to the Gentiles and the other apostles to the Jews),
teach that Peter and James set forth God's program for this age when they uttered the truth of
Acts 15:14: “Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them
a people for His name.”

Is this God's program for this age? This program was publicly stated by
Peter and James in the city of Jerusalem about the very same time these two men and Paul
agreed on their different ministries, as recorded in Galatians 2:9—”And when James, Peter and
John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and
Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the
circumcision.”

Now let God's people permit the Holy Spirit to lead them and to help them use a little
common sense in answering this question: “If God's program, as described by Peter and James,
was to visit the Gentiles and take out of them a people for His name, did Peter and James have a
part in God's program when they agreed to go to the Jews?”

Remember, it was Peter and James
who agreed to go to the Jews at the time they declared that God's program was to visit the
Gentiles and take out of them a people for His name. Peter and James, by going to Jews, could
not help God to take out from the Gentiles a people for His name. Compare Acts 15:14 and
Galatians 2:9. Also Acts 15:14 with Ephesians 2:15 to 18.

But to show you I am not dogmatic-I will leave you with this.

Gospel -- Not two gospels here, but the same to two different people. (cf. Gal_1:6-9)

In the Greek the word ‘Gospel’ is not repeated, but has been supplied (in Italics) in both A.V. and R.V. A more exact rendering would be, “I have been entrusted with the Gospel for the Gentiles, even as Peter was for the Jews”. - CBSC

The apostles in Jerusalem saw that Paul and Peter had different scopes of ministry (for Peter’s, see Acts 1–5; 9–10; for Paul’s, see Acts 13–28), but they both preached the same gospel. - NLTSB

Later brother.
Johann

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TWELVE MEN (AND NO WOMEN) STOOD UP ACTS 2:14
In Matthew 10:5 to 8, the twelve apostles were especially instructed by Christ to stay
away from Gentiles and go to Israel. Twelve men (and no women) stood up on the day of
Pentecost and addressed all the house of Israel (twelve tribes). Acts 2:14 and 36. Years later they
agreed with Paul that they would continue to do the same thing.

Galatians 2:9, Every student of
the Word of God should understand the important Truth of Galatians 2:7 to 9.

Read these verses
very carefully.

Then think of the great blunder the Roman Catholics have made because they
have ever been ignorant of the difference between Peter's keys of the kingdom and Paul's
dispensation of grace. Note Paul's words in I Corinthians 3:10.
In Matthew 10:23 the Lord Jesus said to the Twelve, "Ye may not have gone over the
cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come."

In the Book of Acts we learn that the Twelve
remained in Jerusalem. Acts 8:1. So far as there is any record in the Book of Acts, not one of the
Twelve preached the gospel in places other than the cities of Israel, Note, in Acts 7:47 to 60, that
Stephen saw the San of man standing in heaven.

Then and there Israel committed the
unpardonable sin, This they repeated in the Thirteenth, Eighteenth and Twenty-eighth chapters
of Acts.

Now carefully consider the truth of Galatians 2:7—"But contrariwise, when they saw that
the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was
unto Peter,"

The important paint here is that the gospel OF the circumcision was committed to
Peter after the death and resurrection of the Son of man, Unto Paul was committed the gospel OF
the uncircumcision,
After Saul became Paul Israel was set aside.

When and because Israel was
set aside the ministry of reconciliation for Gentiles was committed to Paul, Romans 11:15—II
Corinthians 5:18 and 19, Read II Corinthians 5:19 with Acts 20:24, Romans 15:16 and
Ephesians 3:8, and you will learn the great commission under which Paul labored.
And then if you will compare "disciple all nations" with Acts 10:28 and Galatians 2:9,
you will have plenty of food for thought and the realization of the need far obedience of II
Timothy 2:15, "rightly dividing the Word of Truth,"

If it was unlawful far the Twelve to preach
to Gentiles about seven years after they received the great commission of Matthew 28:19 and 20,
and then they later agreed to confine their testimony to Jews, then what meaneth "disciple all
nations" in the so-called great commission? In Galatians 2:9, were the Twelve and Paul all out
of the will of God, or, rather, is there not something wrong with the general teaching of the great
commission and the Body of Christ?

TO VISIT THE GENTILES.

Compare Acts 15:13 to 15 with Galatians 2:9—"And after they had held their peace,
Jesus answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at
the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name. And to this agree the
words of the prophets."

"And when James, Peter, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that
was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should
go unto the Gentiles, and they unto the circumcision." Note, the same two men who declared that
God's will and purpose was to visit the Gentiles agreed to go to the Jews.

Now apply II Timothy 2:15. In applying the Divine principle we learn that the ministry of
the Twelve, in the first eleven chapters of Acts, was in agreement with the words of Israel's Old
Testament prophets. This included the salvation of Cornelius and his household. To this
company of Gentiles Peter and James referred in Acts 15:7 and in Acts 15:13 to 15.

But Israel's
Old Testament prophets said nothing, and knew nothing, about God's spiritual program for the
Gentiles about which Paul wrote in Ephesians 3:1 to 11 an Colossians 1:24 to 28. All of this was
hid in God. And therefore the Holy Spirit called it "the secret hid in God," not made, known to
other ages, "the unsearchable (unprophesied) riches of Christ," "the dispensation of the mystery,"
Read Colossians 1:24 to 27 and Ephesians 3:3 to 11. In Philippians 1:10 (in the Greek) God says,
"distinguish between things that differ". Then we should know that the Divine movement of Acts
15:13 to 15, which agrees with the words of the prophets, is different from the Divine movement
of Ephesians 3:8 to 11 and Colossians 1:24 to 27, which was not in agreement with the words of
the prophets.

In the first eleven chapters of Acts, the Lord, by the Twelve, presented a kingdom
program different from the present "Body" program. Note that twelve men stood up on the day
of Pentecost of Acts 2, and presented a message to the twelve tribes of Israel. Acts 2:14 and Acts
2:36. The resurrected Christ was presented as Israel's Prince and Saviour. Acts 5:29 to 32. How
different is the message from the Truth of Christ far above, Head unto His Body. Ephesians 1:19
to 23.

In Acts 3, if Israel would repent, God would send Christ back to earth to establish His
Messianic earthly kingdom. Acts 3:19 to 21. Unless we know that God was carrying on a twofold program in the first chapters of Acts, we will not rightly divide the Word of Truth. God was
offering salvation to individuals, Jews and proselytes, the kingdom to the nation
Note Acts 3:24—"Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as
many as have spoken, have likewise FORETOLD OF THESE DAYS."

What a contrast with
Colossians 1:24 to 26 and Ephesians 3:8 to 11. All of Israel's prophets knew of the days of Acts
2 and 3. None of Israel's prophets knew of the days of Colossians and Ephesians. Do you think it
is pleasing to the Lord to confuse them? Even the babe in Christ should know the difference
between Peter's keys of the kingdom of heaven and Paul's dispensation of the grace of God. The
messages that Peter preached in the first chapters of Acts were in fulfillment of the Prophecies of
Moses, Samuel, David, Joel, Amos, and others. None of this had anything to do with Ephesians
3:8: "Unto me who am less than the least of all saints is this grace given, that I should preach
among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." "Unsearchable" means "untraceable" or
"unprophesied,"

Do you think it is pleasing to the Lord or satisfying to the earnest spiritual student of the
Word to teach or believe that the Jewish feast day (Pentecost) marked the beginning of the
Divine Gentilish movement described as a "mystery"?

Note again Ephesians 3:1 to 3—"For this
cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of
the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation He made known unto
me the Mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words.)"

Now read II Peter 3:15 and 16—"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is
salvation; even as our beloved Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written
unto you; As also in all his Epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things
hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other
Scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Are you numbered with those who wrest Paul's writings? You certainly are, if you are
following the interpretation of the Pentecostalists, or ever the (anti-Pentecostalist)
Fundamentalists; who teach that this present Divine economy began on a Jewish feast day.

I'll stop here brother-since this is a lot lo ingest.
Johann.
Quick question, are you of the belief that the kingdom dispensation is to come?

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Quick question, are you of the belief that the kingdom dispensation is to come?
We are already in the kingdom dispensation-

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

My apologies for a rather lengthy post dear brother.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter and Paul never taught the same gospel
Paul said he NOW preaches the gospel he once tried to destroy.
Which gospel was the gospel Paul tried to destroy?
You know it was the apostle Peter's gospel.

Galatians 1:6,
- I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel which is not another.

Galatians 1:23,
- but they were hearing only Paul who formerly persecuted us NOW Preaches the faith(gospel) which he once tried to destroy
Galatians 1:23 shows Paul is only preaching 1 ONE gospel.

If Paul was preaching a different gospel then it could not be the gospel he once tried to destroy.
This verse proves there is only one gospel.
As does the most clear and plain verse Ephesians 4:5,- One Lord, One faith(gospel) One baptism

Paul never tried to destroy Jesus' gospel when he got saved and began his ministry.
The only gospel Paul hated and thought was going to destroy the Jewish religion and traditions was Peter's gospel in Acts 2. To Acts 9.
You friend have not rightly divided the word, 2Timothy 2:15.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

- I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel which is not another.

- but they were hearing only Paul who formerly persecuted us NOW Preaches the faith(gospel) which he once tried to destroy

If Paul was preaching a different gospel then it could not be the gospel he once tried to destroy.
As does the most clear and plain verse Ephesians 4:5,- One Lord, One faith(gospel) One baptism

Paul never tried to destroy Jesus' gospel when he got saved and began his ministry.
The only gospel Paul hated and thought was going to destroy the Jewish religion and traditions was Peter's gospel in Acts 2. To Acts 9.
Peter and paul both preached the SAME gospel .
Folks are making the mistake of thinking one gospel is different from the other when it aint . The gospel that paul preached
to every jewish synangogue to the jews and greeks was the SAME ONE
as DID PETER preach to the jews and household of cornelious too .
Circumstances that applied to circumcision was the difference . That is not the gospel at all
rather its just in keeping the commandments of GOD . The gospel IS THE SAME GOSPEL .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

No problem @Titus
God bless.
Johann.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are already in the kingdom dispensation-

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

My apologies for a rather lengthy post dear brother.

No problem @Titus
God bless.
Johann.
Johann, to understand the Scriptures you take the most easy to understand passages and once they have established the fundamentals you then use this as your foundation to rightly divide the more difficult passages.
I've noticed over and over that Dispensationalist's do just the opposite.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Peter and paul both preached the SAME gospel .
Johann, to understand the Scriptures you take the most easy to understand passages and once they have established the fundamentals you then use this as your foundation to rightly divide the more difficult passages.
I've noticed over and over that Dispensationalist's do just the opposite.
I understand-Dispentational teachings are not very popular-since there are disagreements even there-Reformed doctrines are also not welcomed-the doctrine of election is painful.

Shalom and good night friend-1. 10 AM here in South Africa.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Quick question-did Peter preach justification by faith?

Who spoke about the doctrine of justification by faith?
In Romans, Paul develops justification by first speaking of God's just wrath at sin (Romans 1:18–3:20). Justification is then presented as the solution for God's wrath (Romans 3:21–26, Romans 5:1). One is said to be 'justified by faith apart from works of the Law' (Romans 3:28).

JUSTIFICATION
A SERIES ON SALVATION DETAILS
“Therefore being justified by faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”
- Romans 5:1
1. Justification Definition
a. Justification def. ~ to declare to be right, to judge righteous.
b. Justification is that element of salvation needed to qualify us to live – Rom 6:23
c. It is a judicial pronouncement, the opposite is condemnation – Prov 17:15
2. Justification in the World
a. Self justification is seen wherever you find accusations – Prov 21:2, Rom 2:13-15
b. “Everybody is right, nobody is wrong” = the elimination of judgment and God
c. Can anyone be justified before God? – Psalm 143:1-2, Job 9:2-3, Ecc 7:20

3. Justification Through the Bible
a. Law:
i. I will not justify the wicked – Exodus 23:7
ii. It will be our righteousness if we do – Deut 6:25
iii. Do what is just so that you shall live - Deut 16:18-20
iv. Judge them according to their righteousness - Deut 25:1
v. Justified according to his righteousness – 1 Kings 8:32

b. Prophets:
The just walk in the statutes of God - Ezekiel 18:5-9
i. The requirements of the Lord – Micah 6:8
ii. David’s righteousness – Psa 7:8, 32:1, 35:24
iii. In the Lord shall Israel be justified - Isaiah 45:25

c. Jesus:
i. Except your righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees - Mat 5:20
ii. God required more than faith from Israel, no fruit = no kingdom – Mat 21:43
iii. The people justify God by being baptized - Luke 7:29-30
iv. The humble man before God is justified - Luke 18:9-14
v. What shall I do to live? – Luke 18:18-22
vi. The cross for justification was hidden - Luke 18:31-34

d. James
i. Where shall the sinner appear? – 1 Pet 4:18
ii. He is righteous that doeth righteousness – 1 John 3:7
iii. The doers not the hearers – James 1:22
iv. Justified by works, not faith only – James 2:21-25

e. Paul:
i. The end of the law for righteousness - Romans 10:3-4
ii. The righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith by faith – Rom 1:17
iii. Justified freely by his grace – Romans 3:19-24
iv. Justified by faith (only) without works – Rom 3:28, 4:2,5, 25
v. Justified by his blood – Romans 5:9
vi. No man is justified by the law – Gal 2:21, 3:11, 24

J.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Your last three posts to me, post # 517, 518, 519
These posts contain zero Scriptural refutation.
Stop wasting my time with your opinions.

1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles of God
You asked for it, and that's what you get.

Jesus disciple me to act on it, as i will know them by their fruit.

For it is written, "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Reactions: Ritajanice

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You asked for it, and that's what you get.

Jesus disciple me to act on it, as i will know them by their fruit.

For it is written, "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
This scripture reference is wholly out of context.

“Who are the dogs and swine in Matthew 7:6 please?”

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”

A “pearl” is a living stone, a precious stone created by a living creature. Since Peter says that to come to the Lord under the kingdom program was to come to Him “as unto a living stone” (1 Pet. 2:4), the “pearl of great price” was Christ (Matt. 13:46), the most “precious” stone of all (1 Pet. 2:6,7). Hebrews who found Christ under the kingdom program “sold all” to obtain Him (Matt. 13:46 cf. Luke 18:22; Acts 2:45). When they associated themselves with the Lord in this way, they themselves became “lively stones” (1 Pet. 2:5), and these are the pearls the Lord was saying should not be cast to the swine. So who are the swine?

Swine were associated with demons (Mark 5:11-13), and the only time swine and dogs are mentioned together (2 Pet. 2:22), they are associated with “false prophets” (v. 1) who, like Balaam, knew the way of God but had “forsaken the right way” (vv. 15,16), men who had “known the way of righteousness” (v. 21) but chose to “turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them” (v. 21), showing they were Hebrews who were never saved (1 John 2:19). In the Tribulation that the Lord was preparing His Hebrew hearers to go through, there will be a strong temptation to cast the lively stone pearls of believers into the clutches of these demonically-controlled false prophets. This temptation will be so strong that even family members might sell one another out (Micah 7:5,6) thinking they are serving God (John 16:2). If family members yield to this temptation, however, the Lord warns that the swine of these demonically-controlled false prophets will “turn again and rend” them.

J.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
This scripture reference is wholly out of context.

“Who are the dogs and swine in Matthew 7:6 please?”

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”

A “pearl” is a living stone, a precious stone created by a living creature. Since Peter says that to come to the Lord under the kingdom program was to come to Him “as unto a living stone” (1 Pet. 2:4), the “pearl of great price” was Christ (Matt. 13:46), the most “precious” stone of all (1 Pet. 2:6,7). Hebrews who found Christ under the kingdom program “sold all” to obtain Him (Matt. 13:46 cf. Luke 18:22; Acts 2:45). When they associated themselves with the Lord in this way, they themselves became “lively stones” (1 Pet. 2:5), and these are the pearls the Lord was saying should not be cast to the swine. So who are the swine?

Swine were associated with demons (Mark 5:11-13), and the only time swine and dogs are mentioned together (2 Pet. 2:22), they are associated with “false prophets” (v. 1) who, like Balaam, knew the way of God but had “forsaken the right way” (vv. 15,16), men who had “known the way of righteousness” (v. 21) but chose to “turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them” (v. 21), showing they were Hebrews who were never saved (1 John 2:19). In the Tribulation that the Lord was preparing His Hebrew hearers to go through, there will be a strong temptation to cast the lively stone pearls of believers into the clutches of these demonically-controlled false prophets. This temptation will be so strong that even family members might sell one another out (Micah 7:5,6) thinking they are serving God (John 16:2). If family members yield to this temptation, however, the Lord warns that the swine of these demonically-controlled false prophets will “turn again and rend” them.

J.
Are you like Titus, were saved by grace and through your own ability of faith, hearing the word of GOD?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you like Titus, were saved by grace and through your own ability of faith, hearing the word of GOD?
The question should be-Do you KNOW YOU are saved-instead of sitting as an umpire on the salvation of others.

What is the Gospel that Saves

Now the question is seen in a new light. It is no longer the question of a saved person lacking confidence. It is the cry of an unsaved person lacking proof of salvation.

Sinners cannot save themselves or make themselves worthy enough for God to save them. Salvation is not for the righteous or the good, but for the unrighteous and the ungodly. The truth is that there is none righteous, and all have fallen short of God’s glorious standard.

Salvation of sinners is accomplished through the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ. God manifest in the flesh died innocently in the place of sinners shedding his blood as a sacrifice for sins. He rose from the dead three days later defeating the power of death and offering his finished work as the means of salvation to all men.

Salvation is not proven by our own efforts, but in the righteousness of God in Christ when he died for our sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to sinners who need it. Proof of salvation is found in the gospel of Christ. God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself by the cross.

“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:25

We will be saved “if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” – Romans 4:24-25

This is the gospel of Christ; it is the preaching of the cross. Christ is God, and he did everything necessary to save men through his death and resurrection. His work is the proof of salvation.

If his work is the proof of your salvation, then you have peace with God and eternal life. You are no longer trying to provide proof. God has provided it by his grace in Christ.

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” – Romans 5:1
“…the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23

How Do I Know?

I know that I am saved because Christ died for my sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to all who believe in him. I’ve seen him save other people who believe the gospel of Christ. He will save you, when you believe it (Eph 1:13; Rom 3:22).

Stop trusting your life, your prayers, your works, your good deeds, your feelings, trust the finished work of Christ and know that you are saved.

grace and peace.
Johann

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
The question should be-Do you KNOW YOU are saved-instead of sitting as an umpire on the salvation of others.
Bingo prowler, caught you fox in act.

Wasn't Jesus the umpire to the hypocrites and brood of vipers?

Even discipling us, "Your worst enemy will be in your own household."

Isn't His scripture of grace and truth umpiring and exposing fallacy of imposters and counterfeits?

Am merely an unworthy servant of His, and to know them by their fruit.

Apparently, when one is convicted, them who are robbers and thieves, tend to rage on His unworthy servants instead

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bingo prowler, caught you fox in act.

Wasn't Jesus the umpire to the hypocrites and brood of vipers?
And exactly WHO was the hypocrites and brood of vipers? WHO were the recipient's of this scathing remarks of the Lord Christ Jesus?

You don't know-do you? You were not even aware that there was a Romans 8.2.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
And exactly WHO was the hypocrites and brood of vipers? WHO were the recipient's of this scathing remarks of the Lord Christ Jesus?

You don't know-do you? You were not even aware that there was a Romans 8.2.
GOD's word is like a double edged sword, is active and alive forever and ever. Amen,

HIS Word is not done working and exposing the Israelites, Pharisees and Saddusees, or the Priests that day their fallacies. But also working and exposing imposters and counterfeits in the era of the church, then until today, and till end of days.

So, as Jesus disciple us, "You will know them by their fruit."

We will be able to distinguish between the spirit of error and spirit of truth. We try and help using the authority of the All Scripture = Holy Bible in witnessing.

Since they are proud, being wise in their own conceit, they harden their hearts, refuse to listen to the voice of GOD. Whom they don't see, but rather bully the weak and feeble ones they see, their fellow laboring servants.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
GOD's word is like a double edged sword, is active and alive forever and ever. Amen,

HIS Word is not done working and exposing the Israelites, Pharisees and Saddusees, or the Priests that day their fallacies. But also working and exposing imposters and counterfeits in the era of the church, then until today, and till end of days.

So, as Jesus disciple us, "You will know them by their fruit."

We will be able to distinguish between the spirit of error and spirit of truth. We try and help using the authority of the All Scripture = Holy Bible in witnessing.

Since they are proud, being wise in their own conceit, they harden their hearts, refuse to listen to the voice of GOD. Whom they don't see, but rather bully the weak and feeble ones they see, their fellow laboring servants.
As long as our language and style of life match with eis Christos kai Hagios Pneuma-right? Not feign ourselves to be somewhat online but live like heathen in our own private home-where no one can see us.

Now don't take this personally-just a general observation.
J.