SALVATION: BY GRACE OR BY WORKS? A FALSE DICHOTOMY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born of the Spirit..not Born of the gospel
Ritajanice denies the word of God. Denies the power of the gospel that Paul proclaims gives us salvation,
Romans 1:16,
- for I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for IT is the power of God to SALVATION(born again) for everyone who believes for the jew first and also for the Greek

Paul teaches through the Holy Spirit we are saved born again by the gospel.
Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ritajanice denies the word of God. Denies the power of the gospel that Paul proclaims gives us salvation,
Romans 1:16,
- for I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for IT is the power of God to SALVATION(born again) for everyone who believes for the jew first and also for the Greek

Paul teaches through the Holy Spirit we are saved born again by the gospel.
Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit.
Titus....thinks we are Born Again by believing the gospel...that is bearing false witness to Gods words.

John 3:3-8​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

A supernatural birth that only God can do?...as his word above says.

That’s not how God says we are Born Again....the scripture that you post.....

He also Blasphemous against God’s Spirit....he says Gods Spirit is not supernatural and that Gods Spirit is not Alive...plus he says Gods word is not understood in the Spirit?

Plus he posts scripture, then when asked what it means, he can’t answer..therefore in error.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been Born Again of Gods seed the Living Holy Spirit...the seed of Faith is planted into our hearts. Spirit gives birth to spirit?

To which you still haven’t answered what it means?

What is the seed?....the Living word of God?
And what is the living word of God?

1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
1Pe 1:24 for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,

1Pe 1:25 but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

The living word of God is the good news, the gospel. The word of the Lord here is the Greek word ῥῆμα [rhēma] meaning the spoken word, the preached word, God's word, the Bible.

Reactions: Titus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You should know that question @JBO ...you say you are Born Of The Spirit?

My spirit has been Born Again are you sure your has?...as you don’t understand in the Spirit...just the intellect @JBO ?

1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
1Pe 1:24 for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,

1Pe 1:25 but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

The living word of God is the good news, the gospel. The word of the Lord here is the Greek word ῥῆμα [rhēma] meaning the spoken word, the preached word, God's word, the Bible.
Once again your opinion of what scripture is saying

The Living word of God is his Spirit...now prove it isn’t...using scripture?

We are Born Of The Spirit not by believing the gospel.

And @JBO ...what is imperishable seed?

As you post scripture you need to understand what it’s saying...so explain?..as you are always in error of Gods word...your intellect gets in the way,lol.

What liveth and abideth forever @JBO .?

And where does the word of God liveth and abideth forever .?

Your spiritual understanding is lacking once again.

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should know that question @JBO ...you say you are Born Of The Spirit?

Once again your opinion of what scripture is saying

The Living word of God is his Spirit...now prove it isn’t...using scripture?

We are Born Of The Spirit not by believing the gospel.

And @JBO ...what is imperishable seed?

As you post scripture you need to understand what it’s saying...so explain?

What liveth and abideth forever @JBO .?

And where does the word of God liveth and abideth forever .?

Your spiritual understanding is lacking once again.
Peter, not me, said in 1 Peter 1:25:

(ESV) but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

(KJV) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

(NASB) BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.

(NIV) but the word of the Lord endures forever." And this is the word that was preached to you.

(RV) But the word of the Lord abideth for ever. And this is the word of good tidings which was preached unto you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

(ESV) but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

(KJV) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

(NASB) BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.

(NIV) but the word of the Lord endures forever." And this is the word that was preached to you.

(RV) But the word of the Lord abideth for ever. And this is the word of good tidings which was preached unto you.

You must be Born Again for the word of God to liveth and abideth forever.?

So, I ask you once again explain scripture that you post?

Where does the word of God liveth and abideth forever?

You post scripture that you have absolutely no spiritual understanding of @JBO ?

Interpret the word if you are Born Again as you say you are?

Born Again of incorruptible seed....which means what?

What was Born Again of incorruptible seed? @JBO ?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
Thank You , Thank You, Thank You.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit while claiming to be guided by the Holy Spirit.
Thank You for speaking the truth!!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
Thank You , Thank You, Thank You.
Then you need to explain what incorruptible seed means?

What was Born Again of incorruptible seed?

Amen, Amen,Amen, won’t do you any good..if you can’t interpret that scripture?

You are in error...posting scripture that you can’t interpret.....therefore posting your truth and not Gods truth.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ritajanice speaks against the Holy Spirit while claiming to be guided by the Holy Spirit.
Thank You for speaking the truth!!!
You bear false witness against God...you post scripture that you have no spiritual understanding of?

You shouldn’t post scripture, if you can’t interpret what it’s saying?

You deny that Gods Spirit is Alive and Active....you blaspheme the word of God.

I’m still waiting for you to explain what incorruptible seed is?...and where does it liveth and abideth forever?

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born Of The Spirit  not by believing the gospel
WOW
Ritajanice openly teaches against the saving power of Jesus' gospel!!!
You cannot have the Holy Spirit as you claim.

The Holy Spirit revealed the gospel through the apostles.
The apostles proclaimed that gospel to the lost.
The lost that believed the gospel were then saved by Faith in the gospel.
1Corinthians 15:1-4,
- moreover brethren I declare the  gospel which I preached to you...
BY WHICH YOU ARE SAVED if you holdfast that  word which I preach to you unless you believe in vain.

Ritajanice does not believe the gospel saves!!!
This person cannot have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit when he speaks against the word the gospel that the Holy Spirit revealed through Paul.
Bible denier!!!

Reactions: JBO

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I ask you once again explain scripture that you post?
For anyone with the ability to read and comprehend, the message in 1 Peter 1 should be almost self explanatory.
Where does the word of God liveth and abideth forever?
In the Bible. That is what Peter is trying to tell you in verse 25.
You post scripture that you have absolutely no spiritual understanding of @JBO ?
No Rita, it is you who have absolutely no spiritual understanding.

You quote verse 23 again and again but have no idea what it is even talking about.

Verse 25 says that the word of the Lord, the abiding word of God, is the gospel that was preached to you. If you think that you were born again, never having had the word of God preached to you, then you are defying what Peter says in that passage.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quote verse 23 again and again but have no idea what it is even talking about
Exactly!!!! If she/he really had the Holy Spirit how could she deny that believing in the gospel saves us? Its self evident she is very confused by calvinism.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone with the ability to read and comprehend, the message in 1 Peter 1 should be almost self explanatory.

In the Bible. That is what Peter is trying to tell you in verse 25.

No Rita, it is you who have absolutely no spiritual understanding.

You quote verse 23 again and again but have no idea what it is even talking about.

Verse 25 says that the word of the Lord, the abiding word of God, is the gospel that was preached to you. If you think that you were born again, never having had the word of God preached to you, then you are defying what Peter says in that passage.

What is Born Again of imperishable seed...?

Easy questions to answer..you evade all spiritual questions.

Therefore lack or even have no spiritual understanding/ knowledge..of anything that I post?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly!!!! If she/he really had the Holy Spirit how could she deny that believing in the gospel saves us? Its self evident she is very confused by calvinism.
What is Born of imperishable seed..you deny that Gods word is Alive and Active.

Where does the Imperishable seed live?

If you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born Of The Spirit not by believing the gospel
Rita, denies that believing in the death, burial and ressurection of Christ i.e. the gospel 1Corinthians 15:1-4 can save!!!!
Very confused person.
I'm praying for you Rita!
Love you!!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WOW
Ritajanice openly teaches against the saving power of Jesus' gospel!!!
You cannot have the Holy Spirit as you claim.

The Holy Spirit revealed the gospel through the apostles.
The apostles proclaimed that gospel to the lost.
The lost that believed the gospel were then saved by Faith in the gospel.
1Corinthians 15:1-4,
- moreover brethren I declare the  gospel which I preached to you...
BY WHICH YOU ARE SAVED if you holdfast that  word which I preach to you unless you believe in vain.

Ritajanice does not believe the gospel saves!!!
This person cannot have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit when he speaks against the word the gospel that the Holy Spirit revealed through Paul.
Bible denier!!!
You are not Born Again by posting scripture that you believe is saying you are Born Again...

The Living word of God saves..which means what?

You also don’t understand what Born Of The Spirit means?

What in you has been Born Again.

You blaspheme the word of God.

Where does the Holy Spirit Indwell you?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, denies that believing in the death, burial and ressurection of Christ i.e. the gospel 1Corinthians 15:1-4 can save!!!!
Very confused person.
I'm praying for you Rita!
Love you!!!
I believe that Jesus died and was resurrected....so you LIE!

You must also be Born of the Spirit of God?

And then we are Born Again of incorruptible seed?

Now, please explain what was Born Again of incorruptible seed means?

As I don’t believe you understand that scripture and I’m still waiting for you to explain?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
erse 25 says that the word of the Lord, the abiding word of God, is the gospel that was preached to you. If you think that you were born again, never having had the word of God preached to you, then you are defying what Peter says in that passage.
The gospel is all about Jesus that is the good news..we can’t be Born Again without God bringing us to believe in Jesus ,before that we are brought to repentance/ Godly sorrow by God, Biblical...you deny that...with out believing in Jesus, repentance/ Godly sorrow, forgiveness of sins by God...therefore you can’t be Born Again....you deny that we must be Born Of the Spirit.....you say you were Born Again at birth, that is not Gods truth...that is your truth, which has no standing.

The word of God does not say that you must read a Bible to be Born of the Spirit...

Plus if you think that you say...you were Born of the Spirit at birth, then water baptised at age 7...is not biblical..you can’t prove that you are Born Again..no more than I can.

But, you can see/ hear the Spirit talking to us through each other’s words.

You lack that as does @Titus ...because you both speak from the intellect/ flesh...very noticeable and you never answer biblical questions..never!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spyder

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The gospel is all about Jesus that is the good news, God came in the flesh?....we are drawn to believe in Jesus by God...no one can come to the Son except through the Father...you have denied that.we are Born of the Spirit then we are saved from eternal damnation.....
once we become Born Again.....you are saved once we become Born Again of incorruptible seed.....

You also deny that God didn’t draw you to Jesus, you deny that we need God to bring us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, you deny that God brings us to believe in Jesus...you deny that God must forgive us of our sins before we can become Born Again.

Therefore you preach a false gospel....which is not the word of God....you bypassed.being drawn to Christ, you deny God bringing us to repentance/ Godly sorrow, you also deny that the name of Jesus ,who died and needed to be resurrected....you deny that the Living word of God, makes us Born Of The Spirit.

You don’t understand that God is a Living Spirit?

His word is Alive and Active, his word never returns void it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

What does that mean?...as you say you are Born Again....that is very easy to understand?

You need to ask God to soften and open up your spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear his Living word that lives in your spirit?

Last edited: