Salvation depends on

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Hi, guys. I wanted to tell you that I understand why you are saying salvation depends on what we do and what God does. Yes, we do go to the Lord and accept salvation by faith and His grace covers our sins. I would like to submit to you a question to think about. If someone saved you from a burning buildling, risking their own lives, being burned all over their own body, suffering great pain, how would you feel about them? Would you always feel a debt of gratitude toward them? If Christ could look into your eyes "physically" and say, "Follow me," would you ever go away and never return? Some did, but it's a question for each person to ponder. I think herein lies the key to whether a person is saved. That's why we believe in OSAS. Once I see Jesus for who He really is, how much I really owe Him, but could never repay Him, why and how could I EVER permanently turn away for good? That's why I think these folks that do that were playing around or had an emotional love, kind of like the love you have for someone when you think you can stick it out in a marriage, until... the going gets tough. Same thing! Now, which person has a covenant marriage? The one who never breaks the vow or the one who keeps the promise? Guess what. The vow is still binding on both parts, but one may be living in sin. They are still one flesh. God makes a "covenant" with us upon sealing us with the Spirit. Once we have truly gone all the way with "knowing" Him, I don't see how we could turn back forever. Look at David-prime example. He fell, but he loved God with all of his heart because he "knew" God. That's the difference.***Kriss, please forgive me if you closed the other thread b/c of me. I may not know a lot about Revelation, but I do believe in the rapture and the second coming. I have studied the book and I may have different views, and I guess I just want to feel accepted even though I have those views.
smile.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Oh, I forgot to add that I believe in the tribulation, the whole book of the Revelation, that Christians will be persecuted, that God's Word is the inspired, infallible Word,that ther anti-Christ will appear on the scene and probably soon, that he will be as the Bible says, and that the Bible is worthy of complete study and memorization. I hope I have not disappointed anyone with anything I've said. I want my stand to be clear. I do believe God's Word.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
You Know!, this thread and the other ones like it should be closed! The only thing happening is an argument between those who are supposed to be in total agreement and it is quite disheartening, knowing that there are non-Christians watching so many make total fools of themselves. If i were not a Christian and came here for answers, I would burn in hell still trying to come to any conclusion. The bible is quite capable of taking care of it self. It needs no one trying to force one's personal beliefs on what is assumed to be the truth. It is not a you say, I say, issue, it is ONLY what God says. So let it go. Shall we act as the true Christians that God desires us to be? Or are we going to continue to please Satan?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(ncsojourner;43058)
Sorry. There was absolutely no superciliousness intended. As I said, I didn't know where you were in your Christian walk. It is hard to tell whether one is in need of milk or strong meat. Hebrews 5:12
thank you
In 1 Timothy 2:4 it says, "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.' In this passage the phrase. "....come unto the knowledge of the truth"., signifies advanced or full knowledge. Now it isn't quite clear in this passage if knowledge of the truth is the means of salvation or the ideal goal of the saving work.
it would have to be the latter of your statement, for we know that there is by no means any other way of salvation than to believe in our heart that Christ is the Son of God, that God resurrected Jesus from the dead and to confess this Truth...those who do so shall be saved.
The point is, any truth you harvest from God's word should alter what God has in store for you.
Indeed. And I have yet to respond to your other post...I will do as the Berean's and weigh your theory with the fullness of the word of God before coming to a conclusion as to whether you are teaching full truth, or half or none at all...blessings

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I intend on letting it go, Forgiven. I just didn't want anyone to misunderstand my stand, but I should know that I can trust the Lord with my reputation. I will give it to Him and leave it alone, unless asked about by someone. It has become fruitless. My apologies to believers and unbelievers alike if I have put a "bad taste in your mouth". I take full responsibility for my part in wrong-doing-poor word choices, mistreating anyone,etc.
smile.gif
May the Lord tenderly bless you all.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(forgivenWretch;43145)
I am not picking anyone out of the bunch, we (myself included) are guilty! Stop the madness folks. Quit making Satan happy!
We make Satan happy if we don't share Truth to anyone. How can sharing a Lie be love, or how is not sharing anything at all is love?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
wayne I think you are good at scripture but we have a different understaning I am willing to have any discussion with you accept on predestination its a doctrine of men that is John Calvin it emerged into the puritist movement, and now was taken over by radical Calvist. It is depends on false Idea of Works and Prechoosen which is itself a false doctrine. WE ARE SAVED by GRACEI have reasearch this false doctrine and I will never believe it I find it revolting so do not try to preach it or defend it to me and I will post against every time you are anyone promotes it.The only way a person can believe this doctrine is to deny half the Word and see it the way you chose I think it Mocks God at makes a Joke of him and us.You might find the post Eze. Hair interesting I respect your knowledge just not your conclusions

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Hey, Jag! Where have you been? Good to hear from you. The problem is that we perceive "truth" differently. We don't need to argue about it, though, is all Forgiven is saying. We just need to respect each other. Point well-taken, Forgiven. Satan does love the conflict and it does make it harder to see Christ through the controversy. People don't care what you know 'til they know that you care:)

Mar 26, 2008
Blessings in the name of Yeshua for all those who had participated in this thread. I just would like to quote Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. And also John 15:9-14As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Focus on following our Lord's commandments the author of our salvation!!God bless all of you!!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(forgivenWretch;43126)
You Know!, this thread and the other ones like it should be closed! The only thing happening is an argument between those who are supposed to be in total agreement and it is quite disheartening, knowing that there are non-Christians watching so many make total fools of themselves. If i were not a Christian and came here for answers, I would burn in hell still trying to come to any conclusion. The bible is quite capable of taking care of it self. It needs no one trying to force one's personal beliefs on what is assumed to be the truth. It is not a you say, I say, issue, it is ONLY what God says. So let it go. Shall we act as the true Christians that God desires us to be? Or are we going to continue to please Satan?
Agreed...........

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(His By Grace;43154)
Hey, Jag! Where have you been? Good to hear from you. The problem is that we perceive "truth" differently. We don't need to argue about it, though, is all Forgiven is saying. We just need to respect each other. Point well-taken, Forgiven. Satan does love the conflict and it does make it harder to see Christ through the controversy. People don't care what you know 'til they know that you care:)
And to tell you the Truth, I care for the souls, not for the flesh. Remember Satan is very good at twisting Truth, so to speak, I rather read the bible with a clean heart, not having men tell me what the bible should think what they say.

Beano

Feb 7, 2008
MyLordYeshuaHaMashiah Blessings in the name of Yeshua for all those who had participated in this thread. I just would like to quote Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.And also John 15:9-14As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.Focus on following our Lord's commandments the author of our salvation!!God bless all of you!!
Loved your post&welcome to the forumKevin

Status
Not open for further replies.