Salvation is of the LORD !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Ex 14: 30Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. As a result of this great salvation, later we read of the song of moses ascribing this salvation unto the LORD per ex 15: 1Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. 3The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. 4Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. 5The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone. 6Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. Read the rest of the account up to vs 19, and its all praise to God for salvation of His People. To show that this event was typical of New Covenant Salvation, John in revelation refers to this in song rev 15: 1And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. 2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. 3And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. 4Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. As we look at this account in Exodus 14, The salvation of Israel, Gods elect, from the hand of the enemy, again this is typical of the salvation of the LORD for His Israel of God. My inquiry is this, were there any conditions that Israel had to meet before God showed them His salvation ? Did they have to repent, show obedience of any kind, or believe ? Did God require anything of them, other than being His chosen people ? Did God save them based upon their willingness to be saved or was it based upon a Covenant Promise ? Deut 7: 7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: 8But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath [Covenant] which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. If we were to read through chpt 14 of Exodus, I assure you, in the Praising of God for their salvation, there is not one reference to any duty, act of obedience, repentance, that they did to receive salvation from the Lord..It was all of Grace.. In Fact, it was not until after the great salvation deliverance, and that experience, that the saved people believed in the LORD and feared Him. ex 14: 31And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses. Thats how it is today, God delivers His People first from spiritual death, and the bondage of sin, then as a result, they believe on the LORD..Salvation is of the LORD and that for His chosen People..