"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The normal ones... breaking God's laws, like "love one another" for example. We all fall short. That's what sin is. Missing the mark.

Those are your opinions, and Broad; not examples.

Examples ARE ACTS you have committed, you call YOU committing a sin.
Hint....
Did you weave differing kinds of fabric together...? Was that an act of sin?
Did you kick the dog...? Was that an act of sin?
Did you Speak Against God...? was that an act of sin?
Did you Take without permission a neighbors shovel...? was that an act of sin?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are your opinions, and Broad; not examples.

Examples ARE ACTS you have committed, you call YOU committing a sin.
Hint....
Did you weave differing kinds of fabric together...? Was that an act of sin?
Did you kick the dog...? Was that an act of sin?
Did you Speak Against God...? was that an act of sin?
Did you Take without permission a neighbors shovel...? was that an act of sin?
Being angry and impatient is a common sin of mine.. Ephesians 4:31.
These aren't opinions... these are God's word.
Not loving your neighbor as you should is a sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being angry and impatient is a common sin of mine.. Ephesians 4:31.
These aren't opinions... these are God's word.
Not loving your neighbor as you should is a sin.

Anger is a general behavior....again not specific.
God gets Angry. Jesus got Angry....so what? Do you think they SINNED?

Do you have nothing specific you think is an ACT of sin you commit?

Reactions: ScottA

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is a general behavior....again not specific.
God gets Angry. Jesus got Angry....so what? Do you think they SINNED?

Do you have nothing specific you think is an ACT of sin you commit?
I just gave you one. I'm not going to confess my specific sins to someone who never gives any personal information out.
And I'm quite sure you know the difference between God's righteous anger and our sinful anger so why play these silly games?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just gave you one. I'm not going to confess my specific sins to someone who never gives any personal information out.
And I'm quite sure you know the difference between God's righteous anger and our sinful anger so why play these silly games?

Okay, no problem for me. Giving personal identifier information is one thing.
I have given plenty of personal information concerning my beliefs, my relationship with God, why, foods I eat, music I like....personal to me, but is not personal identifiers.
Since you claim to BE saved and continue to sin, you will likely continue to remain confused on the difference between sin and trespasses.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, no problem for me. Giving personal identifier information is one thing.
I have given plenty of personal information concerning my beliefs, my relationship with God, why, foods I eat, music I like....personal to me, but is not personal identifiers.
Since you claim to BE saved and continue to sin, you will likely continue to remain confused on the difference between sin and trespasses.
Trespasses are sins, else they would not need forgiven.
You seem to like to interrogate but not to reveal anything about your own relationship with God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trespasses are sins, else they would not need forgiven.

If Trespasses “ARE” Sins....why does Scripture say ...??

Eph 2:
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Oh ya....that “conjunction” thingy....”AND”...referencing TWO Different things.

A sin, A trespass....is an act of a man......AGAINST someone.
And the someone has Power to forgive the ACT.

A sin is a man Against God, ONLY God forgives sin.
A trespass is man Against man, BOTH men AND God forgives Trespasses.

You seem to like to interrogate but not to reveal anything about your own relationship with God.

Already have revealed plenty. Something specific you want to know? Ask.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Trespasses “ARE” Sins....why does Scripture say ...??

Eph 2:
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Oh ya....that “conjunction” thingy....”AND”...referencing TWO Different things.

A sin, A trespass....is an act of a man......AGAINST someone.
And the someone has Power to forgive the ACT.

A sin is a man Against God, ONLY God forgives sin.
A trespass is man Against man, BOTH men AND God forgives Trespasses.

Already have revealed plenty. Something specific you want to know? Ask.
Whosoever committeth sin trangresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression against the law.”

To trespass means to go beyond the legal boundaries... to violate legal, moral, or social standards. In biblical context, a trespass is going beyond the boundaries God has set.

In the Old Testament, there are several Hebrew words that are translated as "trespass" depending upon the translation being used. All of the original Hebrew words carry the idea of sin, guiltiness, and wrong-doing.

It's a distinction without a real difference.

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whosoever committeth sin trangresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression against the law.”

To trespass means to go beyond the legal boundaries... to violate legal, moral, or social standards. In biblical context, a trespass is going beyond the boundaries God has set.

In the Old Testament, there are several Hebrew words that are translated as "trespass" depending upon the translation being used. All of the original Hebrew words carry the idea of sin, guiltiness, and wrong-doing.

Oh...you are Jewish, Under the Law?
I’m NOT.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...you are Jewish, Under the Law?
I’m NOT.
That has nothing to do with what a trespass is.
We are still capable of breaking the law. Even if it's the law of love. Jesus gave lots of commands and explanations of what sin is.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has nothing to do with what a trespass is.
We are still capable of breaking the law. Even if it's the law of love. Jesus gave lots of commands and explanations of what sin is.

We are still capable of breaking the law.

Warning this is long, but will SHOW YOU, HOW, and WHY...you corruptly MAKE GOD a LIAR, by what claims you make. (And you are not alone, many other men DO the same.)

Being STILL capable of breaking the law, may apply to You, but does not apply to me....(even as you say, the law of love.)

Page 1 of 6

* Jesus IS the Word of God, WHO came forth out from God, to Earth, in the likeness as a man, A JEWISH man, seeking JEWS, to teach JEWS who were Under JEWISH Law........WHAT?

Teach JEWS WHAT? A new better testament. A new covenant. A new promise.
Once the new covenant was ACCEPTED by the JEWS, the old covenant would vanish.

Heb 7:
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Matt 26;
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Rom 11:
[27] For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Heb 8:
[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

* LEARN THIS....while the old covenant, was STILL IN EFFECT, and the JEWS learning the NEW Covenant......CERTAIN things handed down from God to Moses, to the JEWS....
* OF the SANCTUARY....STILL has some APPLICATION!
* BETWEEN MEN...in the New Covenant ..STILL APPLIED!

Heb 9
[1] Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
Heb 9
[19] For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people...

WHAT...? AS Jesus was FULFILLING THE LAW....WHAT Still APPLIED?
* Jews having a Sanctuary, an altar, Keeping the Word of God forefront, Observing Feast days, etc.
* Jews continuing IN PRECEPTS, which IS regulation of BEHAVIORS “among and between men”.
(In essence....the PRECEPTS among men, “LOVE your Brethren”, remained.
Jesus, CHANGED THAT A BIT....to LOVE ALL MEN...regardless if they were your “BRETHREN JEWS” or gentiles or enemies.)
In essence....the Altar in the Sanctuary, “bring Animals YEARLY and SLAUGHTER Animals on the ALTAR “for sin forgiveness” ..done away with....”JESUS WORD and BLOOD” would INSTEAD be given ONCE”, sufficient FOR ONCE and forever Forgiveness of SIN”.)

Continued...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 2 of 6
THE ORDER...THE WAY...according to God.
* JEWS FIRST...Old Covenant, (sanctuary, animal blood, temporary forgiveness, until repeated year after year.)
* JEWS FIRST... New Covenant...(sanctuary, WORD of God, Jesus’ blood, permanent forgiveness.)
* Gentiles LAST... Old Covenant did not apply.
* Gentiles LAST...New Covenant APPLIES to Every Gentile WHO CHOOSES to be INCLUDED.
......THE INCLUSION....Jews FIRST WHO ACCEPT inclusion.
......THE INCLUSION....Gentiles LAST WHO ACCEPT inclusion. (Gods WORD, Jesus BLOOD FORGIVENESS).

WHAT IS THE INCLUSION? (What is a Jew or Gentile ACCEPTING?)
* Jesus’ BLOOD, for forgiveness of SIN, ONCE and Forever.
* Jesus IS the WORD of GOD.
* Christ IS the POWER and WISDOM of GOD
(Gods Power, supreme, Gods Wisdom is Gods Understanding of His Word).

1 Cor 1:
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

WHAT ELSE? (What is a Jew or Gentile ACCEPTING?)
* Jews KEEP their Sanctuary, Altar, Feasts, Remembrances of their FAITHFUL Forefathers. etc.
* Gentiles BUILD Sanctuary’s (Churches)...NOT required to KEEP JEWISH Feasts as a “Remembrance of Gentiles forefather, they being” —> “GENTILES” UN-faithful forefathers”.

WHAT ELSE? (What is a Jew or Gentile ACCEPTING)
* Jews KEEP God given to Moses......PRECEPTS
* Gentiles Accept AND Keep God given to Moses...... PRECEPTS

WHAT IS A PRECEPT? A “general” rule, of REGULATING.
REGULATING WHAT? BEHAVIOR or THOUGHT.
(Does a synagogue THINK? Does a church THINK? No.)
MEN “THINK”! MEN have “BEHAVIORS”...

* WHAT PRECEPTS, did the OLD Covenant INCLUDE, that JESUS brought FORTH into the NEW Covenant?
TWO commands;
* LOVE the Lord your God above ALL things (OLD and NEW)
* LOVE your brethren (OLD)....to LOVE ALL men (NEW).
* GOOD PRECEPTS, behaviors among/between men.

AND...HOW DOES ANY MAN (Jew or Gentile) “ACCOMPLISH”...Loving the Lord their God, Above ALL things?
AND...HOW DOES ANY MAN (Jew or Gentile) “ACCOMPLISH”...Loving ALL men, (Brethren and Enemy)?
BOTTOM LINE..... by Accepting the Lord Gods OFFERING, of (CONVERSION IN CHRIST Jesus).

WHAT does ACCEPTING ^ THAT OFFERING DO?
Causes the “POWER OF GOD”, to enter the man, and KEEP the man BY GODS POWER......Loving the Lord God ABOVE ALL things....and....Loving All men Brethren or Enemy.
SEE.......the HOW that is Accomplished? Gods Power...Gods Works....NOT the mans power, NOT the mans works.

WHAT ELSE? Giving man GODS SEED. WHAT IS Gods SEED?
Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seedS as of many; but as of one And to thy seed which is Christ.

JEWS who accept......JESUS fulfilled the LAW....are NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW.....ARE NO LONGER required to slaughter animals on the alter for a yearly forgiveness VIA animal BLOOD....”IF” they accept Jesus’ ONE TIME giving of His BLOOD, for ONE TIME Forgiveness of ALL sin Against God.
AND NO LONGER, “subject to” the (penalties, curses, consequences, FOR NOT FOLLOWING the LAW.)

GENTILES were NOT “subject to” the LAW, nor “subject to” the consequences, FOR NOT FOLLOWING the LAW.

REMEMBER (or learn).... Moses was GIVEN:
(PRECEPTS ,LAWS, STATUTES)

Neh 9:
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Continued....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 3 of 6

STATUTES....WERE “written” IN STONE, by the Finger OF GOD...
..................Ten Commandments.
STATUTES....Moses broke...and Moses, by his hand Chiseled IN STONE, what God Directed to be SAID.
..................Ten Commandments.
LAWS......... Moses “wrote” on paper with ink, directed by God, and kept the Written Laws, to be READ TO THE PEOPLE... Laws to OBEY (which ARE Positive LAWS)........Law to PUNISH (which ARE Negative Laws...called Curse Laws, we call Penal Law....punishment Laws for violating Positive Laws).
..................First FIVE BOOKS of Scripture...called Mosaic LAWS.
PRECEPTS..... “Written” within “Scriptures”, Regulations (Regulations of Behaviors BETWEEN and AMONG men,)

(In US CIVIL Governments.....
* STATUTES are Written “BROADLY” ...ie A Constitution.
* LAWS are Written in “GENERAL” (in Law Books) under the guide & limit..of the Constitution.
* REGULATiONS are Written in “SPECIFICS” (in Regulation Books) detailing Who, what, when, where, why, how......HOW A GENERAL LAW, applies specifically TO; who, what, when, where, why, how.)

US CIVIL Governments.....ARE modeled AFTER...Biblical STANDARDS and PRINCIPLES. ( well they were in the beginning of the US and INTENDED to be
Continued.... BY the reps, and the people making SURE the reps were continuing...oops...people are ignorant and do not enforce, and reps are ignorant and corrupt).

POINT BEiNG...Statutes, Law, Precepts.......That APPLIED in the OLD COVENANT.......DO THEY STILL APPLY IN THE NEW COVENANT?

How would you KNOW....if you do not KNOW, what Statutes, Laws, Precepts MEAN? If you do not KNOW, what Statues, Laws, Precepts.......WERE GIVEN, to WHO and WHY......and PRECISELY WHAT Jesus CHANGED....and HOW and WHY.

* OLD Covenant.....Violation of a STATUTE......WAS A SIN.
* OLD Covenant.....Violation of a LAW.............WAS A SIN.
* OLD Covenant.....Violation of a PRECEPT.......WAS A TRESPASS.

* NEW Covenant.... Prophets fulfilled .....STATUTES...JESUS, KEPT TWO STATUTES ACTIVE, STILL APPLICABLE......”Love the Lord God..Love all men”.
(And the bonus gift blessing;...GODs SPIRIT (POWER) “IN” a man, would “KEEP” the man. IN obedience, to THOSE TWO STATUTES!)
* NEW Covenant.... Jesus fulfilled ........the LAW....LAW (Positive & Negative), no longer APPLICABLE TO JEWS...(Jews WHO Accept, Jesus as their Christ Messiah) (Gentiles never Under the Law but that Accept the two commands and Precepts).
* NEW COVENANT... STILL IN EFFECT, APPLIES TO ALL MEN PRECEPTS.

* PRECEPTS......regulations of BEHAVIORS, between and among MEN, still in effect.......
* STILL “TRESPASSES” of one man Against another man.
* STILL “IN EFFECT”....Men FORGIVE MEN of TRESPASSES against them.

MEN...regularly, (saved and unsaved)....one man accidentally bumps into another man, says excuse me, pardon me, sorry, forgive me......WHAT do you think that IS?
It IS one man asking another man, to FORGIVE his Trespass.

A man cheats on his wife....man can deny, or admit and ASK wife for forgiveness of his Trespass against his wife. She can forgive his Trespass, or not.

A man steals from his employer...man can deny, or admit and ASK employer for forgiveness of his Trespass against his employer. Employer can forgive the employee’s Trespass, or not.

FORGIVING an other OF THEIR TRESPASS....MAY or MAY NOT result, in POSITIVE or NEGATiVE CONSEQUENCES
~ A wife can forgive a husbands cheating on her......and the consequence, MAY be to Accept the husbands promise to be faithful, or she MAY not accept and divorce him......the Forgiveness of the Trespass still stands....a negative consequence......IS the HUSBANDS burden to bear. (Gal 6:5)
~ An employer can forgive an employee’s theft....and the consequence, MAY be to Accept the employees promise to be honest, or the employer MAY not accept and Fire him...the Forgiveness of the Trespass still stands...the negative consequence ....IS the (former/fired) employee’s burden to bear. (Gal 6:5)

Forgiveness of men against men....IS forgiveness of Trespasses...The Consequence of the Trespass, is on the Trespasser to bear. (Gal 6:5)

Continued...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 4 of 6

IF, you study Scripture.....EVEN men UNDER the LAW, men knew, SIN was Against God and ONLY God Forgives SIN....(how come you do not know that?)
I asked you for specific examples. You did not comply. You gave a broad answer...of anger and impatience.....which are not SINS, but Perceptual behaviors toward WHAT? you did not say. ANGER Toward God? Men? Impatience Toward God? Men? You did not say... IF you had, you could have begin to Understand for yourself, the Difference between .....
SIN against God...and Trespasses against Men.

Jesus came NOTIFYING MEN, “HE was given AUTHORITY to FORGIVE SINS of men, AGAINST GOD”....AND WHAT HAPPENED? Jews were in an uproar..
WHY?

Mark 2;
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins, but God only?
Luke.5
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
John 19:
[7] The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

What was the big deal of Jesus, saying He was the Son of God?
The Jews knew the answer, and Scripture reveals the answer.
John 5:
[17] But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
[18] Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but (JESUS) said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

WHY DO YOU THINK JEWS wanted JESUS “KILLED”?
The Scriptures tell you.
Sin is AGAINST God. Only God Forgives Sin.
Men forgiving SIN Against God...was blasphemy AGAINST GOD.
Jewish LAW, provided the penalty of DEATH, for any man WHO committed blasphemy AGAINST GOD.
Many Jewish people, ACCUSED JESUS of “making HIMSELF the Son GOD”, THUS...”making HIMSELF EQUAL WITH God”...because He WAS forgiving men of their SINS AGAINST GOD.
A man Equal WITH God, IS GOD.

EQUAL WITH GOD.......IS BEING GOD HIMSELF.
And absolutely......that is EXACTLY what “CHRIST the Lord Jesus” Revealed WHO He is. And THAT was a Prophecy Fulfilled....but the Jews could NOT Believe it was TRUE....They ONLY SAW, a man, a man without wealth, status, an army, a kingdom.....How was this man, a nobody, going to SAVE the Jews, was IN THEIR WONDERING MINDS!
Even .... the men who would become Jesus’ Disciple...said...(Huh, some guy from Nazareth...pff)
John 1:
[46] And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

* Foretold;
Duet 6:
[4] Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
* Foretold;
Pss 68:
[20] He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.
* Jesus revealed:
John 10: [30] I and my Father are one.

ONE WHAT? The SAME ONE God!
Mark 12:
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, is one Lord

Continued...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 5 of 6

Did you learn....Jesus IS Lord, the Lord IS God, Christ Jesus IS God, God IS His OWN Lord God Almighty, and God IS every man (WHO heartfully BELIEVES), Lord God Almighty ?

IF, you trust to BELIEVE, Christ Jesus IS the Lord your God, and HAS the Authority to FORGIVE men their SINS AGAINST GOD........What exactly do you Believe....HE IS FORGIVING MEN ......OF WHAT SINS?
THREE SINS......And Scripture tells you..
FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS......OF:
1) YOUR natural flesh body, BORN IN SIN.
2) YOUR souls SINS of acting according to YOUR natural born FLESH.
3) YOUR SIN of “disbelief” IN GOD.

THOSE ^ SIN FORGIVENESSES ARE Precisely the SINS which Christ Jesus FORGIVES a man OF: ONCE and FOREVER.

THOSE SINS, are precisely the SINS, which a man IS FREED FROM, that that man CAN NEVER AGAIN...COMMIT!

Jesus FORGIVES the Sins of A man....then what? The man LAYS Down HIS LIFE.
Why do you think, a man, agrees to be “crucified WITH Jesus” ?
WHAT is that man DOING? Answer...He is (Spiritually), LAYING DOWN HIS OWN LIFE IN DEATH, with Jesus. What does that accomplish?
DEATH of your life......
Can A DEAD LIFE, commit sin?

Continued...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Page 6 of 6

HOW do you have the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, Gods Spirit in you, and Continue to SIN against God? Is your power in you, Greater than Gods Power in you? How so?

Glory to God,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All have fallen short of God's glory, so, if we want to parse how we each fall short, OK, but we are still under the same condemnation.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All have fallen short of God's glory, so, if we want to parse how we each fall short, OK, but we are still under the same condemnation.

Much love!
Thank you marks.

That brings our discussion full circle. For which it is also written, "it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."

All of which sums up a multitude of scripture: "once" (not again)..."To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time" (not to all as some preach of the second coming)..."apart from sin", which is..."for salvation."

That is the definition of salvation.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Luke 3:
[7] Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Glory to God for His graceful offering to get a FULL PARDON, for having fallen short, that death thing over, crucified with Jesus; soul restored (pss 23:3) saved; spirit quickened, BEFORE NATURAL (Blood) Death....
* Waiting for the sound of the Archangels Trump call up to the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air...while all on the face of the earth shall be in chaos and destruction ... because of the Wrath...Wrath of the Lamb, the devils wrath, and the Wrath of God.
Glory to God, the SAVED are already deliver-ed from the wrath to come.

1 Thes 5:
[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Thes 1:
[10] And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

As in the days of Noah...the First Great Tribulation...Noah saved, lifted up above the face of the Earth, 15 cubits above the mountain tops in the clouds.
While all on the face of the earth were in chaos and destruction ... because of the Wrath of God.

Wrath of the Lamb...(Rev 6:16)
Wrath of the devil....(Rev 12:12)
Wrath of God...........(Rev 15:2)

Flee the Wrath, become Forgiven, Baptized, Saved, Quickened, Delivered from the wrath to come, listen for the Trump to call you up and meet the Lord in the Air. Hallelujah!

Reactions: ScottA