"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats ok.

Actually, in my belief, I believe in once saved I will always be saved, this in itself is eternal security, also called eternal life

Perseverance of the saints, I do not agree with. I do not persevere. God keeps me from falling, He has perfected me forever while he is in the process of sanctifying me.

Sadly. I believe your issue is with Calvinism. Until you understand that not all people who believe in eternal security are Calvinists. you will continue to try to push us all into this little hole where we do not belong and will hence be unable to understand a things we say.

I worry about people who get saved in the spirit. and believe they must perfect that salvation in the flesh (works (NOSAS)

before you worry about me and my faiht in Christ. You should worry about you and your lack of faith in Christ
Will there be a judgment for Truly Saved, Elect, Christians?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

This is called the BEMA seat judgment.

No non believer will appear at this judgment

the great white throne judgment is called the Krino judgment. No believer will be present for this judgment

There is a judgment for the children of God and a judgment for the lost

The children of God may see all their works burnt, but they will be saved even as through fire

Everyone delivered to God for the Krino judgment will be cast into the lake of fire.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

This is called the BEMA seat judgment.

No non believer will appear at this judgment

the great white throne judgment is called the Krino judgment. No believer will be present for this judgment

There is a judgment for the children of God and a judgment for the lost

The children of God may see all their works burnt, but they will be saved even as through fire

Everyone delivered to God for the Krino judgment will be cast into the lake of fire.
Besides that verse that describes a Christian's work being tested, does the Bible support those two judgments anywhere?

The Krino and the BEMA?

There are many verses that speak of Christians being judged.

Jesus Himself tells us in Matthew 12:36 that we will be judged for every idle word.

Peter tells us that judgment begins with saved Christians in 1 Peter 4:17. He also describes how God judged angels, cities and even the entire old world for their evil deeds in 2 Peter 2:4-8.

Timothy tells us that God will judge all mankind; those who have been quickened by the Holy Spirit (saved, elect) as well as the spiritually dead. 2 Timothy 4:1

Paul tells us in Romans that God's Righteous judgment will render to every man according to their deeds. Romans 2:6

And He will judge all the secrets of all men. Romans 2:16

God grants eternal life to those specifically who "... by patient continuance in well doing, seek for glory and honour and immortality, ..." and "...glory, honor and peace to every man..." that does good works. Romans 2:7,10

God judges every man by the same measuring stick, whether in/under the Law or without. Romans 2:11-12

Reactions: GodsGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides that verse that describes a Christian's work being tested, does the Bible support those two judgments anywhere?

The Krino and the BEMA?

There are many verses that speak of Christians being judged.

Jesus Himself tells us in Matthew 12:36 that we will be judged for every idle word.

Peter tells us that judgment begins with saved Christians in 1 Peter 4:17. He also describes how God judged angels, cities and even the entire old world for their evil deeds in 2 Peter 2:4-8.

Timothy tells us that God will judge all mankind; those who have been quickened by the Holy Spirit (saved, elect) as well as the spiritually dead. 2 Timothy 4:1

Paul tells us in Romans that God's Righteous judgment will render to every man according to their deeds. Romans 2:6

And He will judge all the secrets of all men. Romans 2:16

God grants eternal life to those specifically who "... by patient continuance in well doing, seek for glory and honour and immortality, ..." and "...glory, honor and peace to every man..." that does good works. Romans 2:7,10

God judges every man by the same measuring stick, whether in/under the Law or without. Romans 2:11-12

Well besides the two Greek words I used, which in English both are translated as judgment, These two judgments are not even the same

Christians are risen by Christ, Those at the great white thrown are delivered to Christ.

and you also are correct. we will all be judged by the same standard.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of Christ.

We are all guilty. so if we are going to stand in front of Christ at the krinos judgment, we will all be found guilty as charged, and no one will make it to heaven.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all guilty. so if we are going to stand in front of Christ at the krinos judgment, we will all be found guilty as charged, and no one will make it to heaven.
The Bible tells us that we will assuredly all stand before God at the judgment. It also tells us that we will not all be found guilty.

"... before Him shall be gathered all nations:... "
Matthew 25:32

They are judged by their fruits and shall be separated based on their deeds. Matthew 7:20; 25:32; Romans 2:7

Those who are always causing strife and are disobedient to God's Word will be rewarded wrath (condemnation). Romans 2:8-9; Matthew 25:41

Those who do good works and obey God's Word will be rewarded glory, honor and peace (heaven). Romans 2:10; Matthew 25:34

Reactions: GodsGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us that we will assuredly all stand before God at the judgment. It also tells us that we will not all be found guilty.

"... before Him shall be gathered all nations:... "
Matthew 25:32

They are judged by their fruits and shall be separated based on their deeds. Matthew 7:20; 25:32; Romans 2:7

Those who are always causing strife and are disobedient to God's Word will be rewarded wrath (condemnation). Romans 2:8-9; Matthew 25:41

Those who do good works and obey God's Word will be rewarded glory, honor and peace (heaven). Romans 2:10; Matthew 25:34
the only people who do good are those born of God

Again, the standard is perfection. If you have not made that standard, you will be DELIEVERED to Christ for JUDGMENT

Rev 20: 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.

Those who were saved, born again, adopted into the family of God will not be delivered, they will be raised by him

John 6:
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the standard is perfection. If you have not made that standard, you will be DELIEVERED to Christ for JUDGMENT
ALL will be delivered to Christ for judgment.

All Nations (all people) will stand before Christ. Matthew 25:32

Those who meet the standard and those who do not will stand before Him and be separated out.
Matthew 25:34
Matthew 25:41

All Mankind will be judged. Nobody is exempt.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL will be delivered to Christ for judgment.

All Nations (all people) will stand before Christ. Matthew 25:32

Those who meet the standard and those who do not will stand before Him and be separated out.
Matthew 25:34
Matthew 25:41

All Mankind will be judged. Nobody is exempt.
1. I never said anyone was exempt. Please calm down and listen for once!
2. Everyone will be judged, they will stand according to the standard Christ set up

1. Whoever is perfect has earned salvation (no one meets this standard
2. Whoever has recieved the righteousness of Christ was given eternal life. And will nto stand at the final judgment
3. Whoever has not recieved the gift of salvation wil stand before god at the great white throne judgment and be cast into hell because they refused to believe

He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believed is condemned already

Either God takes your condemnation from you. And give you life, or you will stand on your own.

I am sorry if you do not like this. But it is the truth, A believer is not going to stand in front of Christ to be judged to see if they earn eternal life. Because they have failed to earn eternal life.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. I never said anyone was exempt. Please calm down and listen for once!
2. Everyone will be judged, they will stand according to the standard Christ set up

1. Whoever is perfect has earned salvation (no one meets this standard
2. Whoever has recieved the righteousness of Christ was given eternal life. And will nto stand at the final judgment
3. Whoever has not recieved the gift of salvation wil stand before god at the great white throne judgment and be cast into hell because they refused to believe

He who believes is not condemned, he who does not believed is condemned already

Either God takes your condemnation from you. And give you life, or you will stand on your own.

I am sorry if you do not like this. But it is the truth, A believer is not going to stand in front of Christ to be judged to see if they earn eternal life. Because they have failed to earn eternal life.
With the same calm and composure that I delivered my last post, I say to you ... you are a hypocrite and a liar.

And you are completely disregarding all scriptures that are presented to you. As is your usual M.O.

King Solomon says "You can't argue with a fool."
Proverbs 29:9

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the same calm and composure that I delivered my last post, I say to you ... you are a hypocrite and a liar.

And you are completely disregarding all scriptures that are presented to you. As is your usual M.O.

King Solomon says "You can't argue with a fool."
Proverbs 29:9
typical of those who are proud, they refuse to acknowledge their own shortcomings and what they do, and blame shift.

I agree with you, You can't argue with a fool. And the fact you are ignoring the words as shown. and not even discussing them. just shows how true that is

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you.
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

OPEN EARS....Did I say I HAVE NO SIN? No I did not say that.

Why quote a scripture that does not apply? Irrelevant!

BTW, doesn’t matter IF you believe me. But you should try believing Scripture.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OPEN EARS....Did I say I HAVE NO SIN? No I did not say that.

Why quote a scripture that does not apply? Irrelevant!

BTW, doesn’t matter IF you believe me. But you should try believing Scripture.
You said you don't sin anymore. If that means something other than what it sounds like, spit it out and quit beating around the bush.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course.
They are Judged Worthy of Eternal Life and to Be forever WITH God.
They are Judged on their Works that Glorified God, to receive Rewards for their Works that Glorified God.

Judging IS is the FINAL legal Authority for a Sentence to Proceed.
Judging Winner of the Prize......the Prize Given...ie Rewards
Judging Loser of the Prize........No Prize Given....ie Rewards
Judging WITH God..................Body Glorified.
Judging WITHOUT God............Body Destroyed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you don't sin anymore. If that means something other than what it sounds like, spit it out and quit beating around the bush.

Born in Sin...yes.
Committed Sin...yes.
Forgiven my Sins...yes.
Sin any more...........No.

Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body....yes.
Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body COVERED...yes.
COVERING of Forgiven Sin in my natural flesh body IS: Gods Light.
CAN God can SEE Covered Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body...No.
DOES God REMEMBER Covered Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body...No.
CAN I thereafter SIN, any more? No

God offers to MAKE CHANGES “IN” a man.
You should read, learn, the ORDER and WAY, Gods MAKES CHANGES “IN” a man so you KNOW, what He offers, and HOW that offering IS accomplished IN a man.

You still have avoided answering examples of what is you committing sins.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Works follow faith, but salvation is not of works:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." (Romans 4.5).

Reactions: ScottA

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born in Sin...yes.
Committed Sin...yes.
Forgiven my Sins...yes.
Sin any more...........No.

Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body....yes.
Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body COVERED...yes.
COVERING of Forgiven Sin in my natural flesh body IS: Gods Light.
CAN God can SEE Covered Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body...No.
DOES God REMEMBER Covered Forgiven Sin IN my natural flesh body...No.
CAN I thereafter SIN, any more? No

God offers to MAKE CHANGES “IN” a man.
You should read, learn, the ORDER and WAY, Gods MAKES CHANGES “IN” a man so you KNOW, what He offers, and HOW that offering IS accomplished IN a man.

You still have avoided answering examples of what is you committing sins.
The normal ones... breaking God's laws, like "love one another" for example. We all fall short. That's what sin is. Missing the mark.