"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning this is long, but will SHOW YOU, HOW, and WHY...you corruptly MAKE GOD a LIAR, by what claims you make. (And you are not alone, many other men DO the same.)

Being STILL capable of breaking the law, may apply to You, but does not apply to me....(even as you say, the law of love.)

Page 1 of 6

* Jesus IS the Word of God, WHO came forth out from God, to Earth, in the likeness as a man, A JEWISH man, seeking JEWS, to teach JEWS who were Under JEWISH Law........WHAT?

Teach JEWS WHAT? A new better testament. A new covenant. A new promise.
Once the new covenant was ACCEPTED by the JEWS, the old covenant would vanish.

Heb 7:
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Matt 26;
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Rom 11:
[27] For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Heb 8:
[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

* LEARN THIS....while the old covenant, was STILL IN EFFECT, and the JEWS learning the NEW Covenant......CERTAIN things handed down from God to Moses, to the JEWS....
* OF the SANCTUARY....STILL has some APPLICATION!
* BETWEEN MEN...in the New Covenant ..STILL APPLIED!

Heb 9
[1] Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
Heb 9
[19] For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people...

WHAT...? AS Jesus was FULFILLING THE LAW....WHAT Still APPLIED?
* Jews having a Sanctuary, an altar, Keeping the Word of God forefront, Observing Feast days, etc.
* Jews continuing IN PRECEPTS, which IS regulation of BEHAVIORS “among and between men”.
(In essence....the PRECEPTS among men, “LOVE your Brethren”, remained.
Jesus, CHANGED THAT A BIT....to LOVE ALL MEN...regardless if they were your “BRETHREN JEWS” or gentiles or enemies.)
In essence....the Altar in the Sanctuary, “bring Animals YEARLY and SLAUGHTER Animals on the ALTAR “for sin forgiveness” ..done away with....”JESUS WORD and BLOOD” would INSTEAD be given ONCE”, sufficient FOR ONCE and forever Forgiveness of SIN”.)

Continued...
Perhaps I was not clear or you misunderstood what I said.
I don't believe God drops me like a hot potato every time I sin. I don't believe I fall from grace, ever. I could if I denied Christ and became apostate, but otherwise, no. But sin does interfere with our relationship with God.
The reason we recognize our sin is because we do have the Spirit. Yes, Jesus covers our sins. I get it. That doesn't mean God is pleased when we disobey him. God corrects those he loves. Even Peter had to be corrected for his sin by Paul. Speaking of which, Paul does a lot to try to correct the bad behavior of his fellow believers. If they could not sin that would not have been necessary.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I was not clear or you misunderstood what I said.
I don't believe God drops me like a hot potato every time I sin. I don't believe I fall from grace, ever. I could if I denied Christ and became apostate, but otherwise, no. But sin does interfere with our relationship with God.
The reason we recognize our sin is because we do have the Spirit. Yes, Jesus covers our sins. I get it. That doesn't mean God is pleased when we disobey him. God corrects those he loves. Even Peter had to be corrected for his sin by Paul. Speaking of which, Paul does a lot to try to correct the bad behavior of his fellow believers. If they could not sin that would not have been necessary.

You contradict Scripture.

John 9:
[31] Now we know that God heareth not sinners...

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

1 John 5:
[18] We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradict Scripture.

John 9:
[31] Now we know that God heareth not sinners...

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

1 John 5:
[18] We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
So I guess I'm off to murder anyone I dislike... doesn't matter to God apparently?

We aren't sinners by defination after salvation but we still fall short in many ways.

"We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check."

"What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you?"

James is talking to born again in people here.

"You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."

Wow, doesn't he know they are incapable of sinning?

"But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Thank God for grace or we'd all be toast!

But he goes on to say we have to humble ourselves and wash our hands of sins we have committed.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA
@Lifelong_sinner
@Eternally Grateful

Sinner says this is the official document of truth for all concepts on Christendom.

Better listen up, boys.

Page 149 of the Official WCF
https://www.opc.org/documents/CFLayout.pdf
Chapter 33 Of the Last Judgment
1. God hath appointed a day, wherein he will judge the world, in righteousness, by Jesus Christ, to whom all power and judgment is given of the Father. In which day, not only the apostate angels shall be judged, but likewise all persons that have lived upon earth shall appear before the tribunal of Christ, to give an account of their thoughts, words, and deeds; and to receive according to what they have done in the body, whether good or evil.

Wow.

That is devastating.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA
@Lifelong_sinner
@Eternally Grateful

Sinner says this is the official document of truth for all concepts on Christendom.

Better listen up, boys.

Wow.

That is devastating.
Devastating to those who are not written in the book of life

To those who are. We may end up with no rewards. But we will still be saved, even though as through fire

if your trying to earn salvation. I feel sorry for you. Because you have already failed.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To those who are. We may end up with no rewards. But we will still be saved, even though as through fire

if your trying to earn salvation. I feel sorry for you. Because you have already failed.
I haven't failed anything 'til the end. Matthew 10:22 "...he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

'Earning salvation' and 'striving to live as God Commands' and obey Him via the Holy Spirit, are two entirely different concepts.

Striving to "earn salvation" is just going through the motions for man's approval without a heart that is committed (circumsized) to God's Ways. It's all about outward appearances, just like the Pharisees and Sadducees lived for adoration and respect of men.

Obeying God's Ways and committing oneself to overcome all sins via the Holy Spirit is an internal, utterly sincere, endeavor that God sees clearly, in contrast to the insincerity of simply going through religious motions for man's approval.

Embracing Traditions of men like OSAS, and many others, will land you in a face-to-face with the Almighty begging for His forgiveness and crying, "Lord, Lord..."

Unfortunately for you and all those like you, ... that is your destiny.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:cool:
@ScottA
@Lifelong_sinner
@Eternally Grateful

Better listen up, boys.

https://www.opc.org/documents/CFLayout.pdf

Wow.

That is devastating.

thanks for playing kid. You’ve shown that you have NO understanding of scripture. Im a presbyterian. We are the most calvinist church in christianity, and OSAS is both from calvin and Biblical. The WCF along with the longer and short catechisms are our confessions. But, i would suggest reading chpt 17. You’ll find just how much of a heretic you really are. :cool::cool:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't failed anything 'til the end. Matthew 10:22 "...he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

'Earning salvation' and 'striving to live as God Commands' and obey Him via the Holy Spirit, are two entirely different concepts.

Striving to "earn salvation" is just going through the motions for man's approval without a heart that is committed (circumsized) to God's Ways. It's all about outward appearances, just like the Pharisees and Sadducees lived for adoration and respect of men.

Obeying God's Ways and committing oneself to overcome all sins via the Holy Spirit is an internal, utterly sincere, endeavor that God sees clearly, in contrast to the insincerity of simply going through religious motions for man's approval.

Embracing Traditions of men like OSAS, and many others, will land you in a face-to-face with the Almighty begging for His forgiveness and crying, "Lord, Lord..."

Unfortunately for you and all those like you, ... that is your destiny.
Lol

Once again, matt 24 is about the great tribulation

Do me a favor. Look to christ and him alone, Stop lookin gat yourself. You do nt meet Gods standard, non of us do.

Chose him now. Because once you get to the day of judgment it is too late

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I actually agree with you here. I always find myself in the middle of these discussions, between the OSAS and those who believe we can lose our salvation accidentally by sinning.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:cool:

thanks for playing kid. You’ve shown that you have NO understanding of scripture. Im a presbyterian. We are the most calvinist church in christianity, and OSAS is both from calvin and Biblical. The WCF along with the longer and short catechisms are our confessions. But, i would suggest reading chpt 17. You’ll find just how much of a heretic you really are. :cool::cool:
Ouch.

I like how you forgot to include the OSAS-Obliterating quote, there.

(That was smart. ;))